Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
My grandpa was in aviation ordnance in WWII, stationed on Cuba. He died when my dad was 5, so I don't know a whole lot about him. One story that stands out is that he and his crew were part of a salvage operation of a crashed aircraft that went down in the water. The pilot tried to climb but didn't make it out in time. When they pulled up his body, he came up covered in crabs, they had eaten most of the exposed flesh. My grandma says that he refused to eat crab, lobster, or shrimp for the next ten years until he died.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You get fucked in the ass in the USMC for that now.  It has really taken the fun out of "shop warfare"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We used to ordnance tape guys and hang them from ITER stands.  Then it became hazing and was no longer cool.
In 2012, Army Apache mechanics (15R's) and Apache Armament guys (15Y's) were still beating the shit out of each other. Dogpiles, getting taped to chairs and hosed down on a wash rack or Hazmat Shower, entire platoons busting into the other's office riot style, etc.  No one ever called it hazing. Just a good time. Rule of thumb was never be alone.

<~~~Former 15R responsible for my fair share of charlie horses, titty twisters, and choke holds.

You get fucked in the ass in the USMC for that now.  It has really taken the fun out of "shop warfare"

Really . That sucks. Guess no more hanging the new guys from the k4 trailer hoist taped to a chair

What about in house discipline that still a go ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Really . That sucks. Guess no more hanging the new guys from the k4 trailer hoist taped to a chair

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We used to ordnance tape guys and hang them from ITER stands.  Then it became hazing and was no longer cool.
In 2012, Army Apache mechanics (15R's) and Apache Armament guys (15Y's) were still beating the shit out of each other. Dogpiles, getting taped to chairs and hosed down on a wash rack or Hazmat Shower, entire platoons busting into the other's office riot style, etc.  No one ever called it hazing. Just a good time. Rule of thumb was never be alone.

<~~~Former 15R responsible for my fair share of charlie horses, titty twisters, and choke holds.

Nope.  Had a buddies shop get investigated for hazing.  His guys were making one of the Marines hump around full ammo cans because he kept dropping them on the way to the A/C.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
In before USAF Ammo/Munitions Mx/etc?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.  We were at the club while at Kadena one deployment.  One of my guys yells  IF YOU AIN'T ORDNANCE YOU AIN'T SHIT and hoists his beer in the air.  Some AF dude comes over and corrects him saying "it's called ammo dude.  Not ordnance".
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LOL.  We were at the club while at Kadena one deployment.  One of my guys yells  IF YOU AIN'T ORDNANCE YOU AIN'T SHIT and hoists his beer in the air.  Some AF dude comes over and corrects him saying "it's called ammo dude.  Not ordnance".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like the kind of Ammo troop we would've assigned to trailer maintenance- so he could hang out with the rest of our Squadron's retards.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That sounds like the kind of Ammo troop we would've assigned to trailer maintenance- so he could hang out with the rest of our Squadron's retards.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not going to tell you that he got "stacked" right then and there but.........................
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats funny :)

I spent 3 years at Kadena as an AX2 in the ASWOC
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We have a "ammo Bitch" where I work, they don't get it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a "ammo Bitch" where I work, they don't get it

He was um *cough* politely corrected.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I live in Air Force housing and I see that IYAAYAS bullshit and I just want to rip those stickers off and light them on fire.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I live in Air Force housing and I see that IYAAYAS bullshit and I just want to rip those stickers off and light them on fire.
View Quote

DO IT!  Its wrong anyway!  It's: IYAOYAS!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
How does it feel to know that instead of being the one to actually fly the aircraft and fire the ordnance, you got stuck with humping it around the deck?

Muster ordnance on the fantail for the division circle jerk!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How does it feel to know that instead of being the one to actually fly the aircraft and fire the ordnance, you got stuck with humping it around the deck?

View Quote

You haven't been in a skid squadron huh?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Send the shower shoe to the gun shop . Tell him to ask for a stack of 6541 !

I remember getting stacked by my brothers at mals39 ord it was a right of passage back then . They stacked you if they liked you they stacked you if they hated you. At the end of the day what mattered was how you took it. Don't be a pussy rush the ambush . Embrace the pink belly and the eye suck. Lol good times
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Penis envy much?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Penis envy much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Penis envy much?

Bravo!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#20]
All Hail Fire Control!!!!!

IYARYSTP

If You Ain't Radar You Squat To Pee
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#23]

I had a fire control shop when I was skids.  They did a great job.  The only time in my 23+ years that AVI and ORD got along.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ordnance tape, chair and a chain hoist was a good cure for fuck ups

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Had a buddies shop get investigated for hazing.  His guys were making one of the Marines hump around full ammo cans because he kept dropping them on the way to the A/C.

Yea those were the days . Even had the major hit the cpl pins hard when I picked it up and told me not to forget to leave the backs off for the day.
Even had a cocky lance mouth off to a Sgt to the point the lance said if you didn't have the rank I'd beat you. Let's just say the Sgt told me to shut the door and keep watch as he was taking the stripes off  And yes the lance got a beat down by the sgt. After that it was done no njp or anything.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yea those were the days . Even had the major hit the cpl pins hard when I picked it up and told me not to forget to leave the backs off for the day.
Even had a cocky lance mouth off to a Sgt to the point the lance said if you didn't have the rank I'd beat you. Let's just say the Sgt told me to shut the door and keep watch as he was taking the stripes off  And yes the lance got a beat down by the sgt. After that it was done no njp or anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those were good times.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top