Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 106
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#1]
3x5x175 bench, but I bailed on the last rep.  
Squats and deadlift.

I'll spend Thursday screwing around with cleans some more.  I still haven't gotten it.  

Where do I buy Vibrams on super sale?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna go pheasant hunting the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Pull ups
16, 18

Squat
5x5x200

OHP
5x5x95

Deadlift
5x185
5x205
5x225
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pull ups
16, 18

Squat
5x5x200

OHP
5x5x95

Deadlift
5x185
5x205
5x225
View Quote

Much pullups.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
No kidding.

Those weights ought to shoot up quick if he's doing 18 pull-ups as a baseline.  Damn.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No kidding.

Those weights ought to shoot up quick if he's doing 18 pull-ups as a baseline.  Damn.
View Quote

Once I become less fat I will be able to do so many.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No kidding.

View Quote

Skinny guys always crush pullups. Weights are a different story.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:17:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kidding.

Sure, but I don't know how skinny you can really get before you start losing pull-ups to weakness.

When I was 19-20, running every day, "working out" (in retrospect, with weights that weren't heavy enough) every night, and eating ridiculously well, I was only 150lb, and I could hit 10, maybe 11 pullups.

Now I'm 165, pushing significantly more weight, and I've got 8 pullups, and it's slowly increasing (without my weight changing).

I'm also doing a lot of stuff wrong.  My nutrition sucks, and I drink a lot of beer.  I don't get nearly enough sleep.  My kids make sure I'm sick all the time.  My lifting movements are pure amateur hour (ask Kaik ).  And yet it's still working.  Perhaps not as fast as it should be, but I'm still getting gains even if they're slow.

Maybe I just don't have enough experience, and that would explain a lot, but I just don't see anybody that can hit 15+ pullups being in any lack of strength/weight.
If there's a problem, it's most likely in initial conditioning, just getting your body used to doing the movements, and then form.  That's all (relatively) easy stuff to nail down.

Of course, I haven't exactly done it, but hey.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I think he's really going to surprise himself when he gets the initial stuff worked out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#9]
My 5x5 weights haven't gone up much, since I haven't been able to really stay committed to lifting like I should. That's my fault. I started pullups again a few months before CW4 and could only get 3. I was also 215lbs back then. The weight loss helped a lot, but I've also been doing a minimum of 2 sets every day to failure and have stuck with it unlike the weights.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sure, but I don't know how skinny you can really get before you start losing pull-ups to weakness.

When I was 19-20, running every day, "working out" (in retrospect, with weights that weren't heavy enough) every night, and eating ridiculously well, I was only 150lb, and I could hit 10, maybe 11 pullups.

Now I'm 165, pushing significantly more weight, and I've got 8 pullups, and it's slowly increasing (without my weight changing).

I'm also doing a lot of stuff wrong.  My nutrition sucks, and I drink a lot of beer.  I don't get nearly enough sleep.  My kids make sure I'm sick all the time.  My lifting movements are pure amateur hour (ask Kaik ).  And yet it's still working.  Perhaps not as fast as it should be, but I'm still getting gains even if they're slow.

Maybe I just don't have enough experience, and that would explain a lot, but I just don't see anybody that can hit 15+ pullups being in any lack of strength/weight.
If there's a problem, it's most likely in initial conditioning, just getting your body used to doing the movements, and then form.  That's all (relatively) easy stuff to nail down.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I think he's really going to surprise himself when he gets the initial stuff worked out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kidding.

I showed up to Parris Island 186 pounds and doing 22 pullups. Got really sick and down to 136 pounds and did 36 pullups on the final pft. All other thigs being equal, the skinny guys are going to average more than the body builder types.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Look at the balls on that guy.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I bet he clanks when he walks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I showed up to Parris Island at 170lbs doing 25 pull-ups, Got fat and only could do 19 for final PFT, that and SOI were my only not 300 pfts.

Parris Island made me fat and out of shape.

I now weigh 190 and can do 54, my all time best was 62 at 205lbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I showed up to Parris Island 186 pounds and doing 22 pullups. Got really sick and down to 136 pounds and did 36 pullups on the final pft. All other thigs being equal, the skinny guys are going to average more than the body builder types.

I showed up to Parris Island at 170lbs doing 25 pull-ups, Got fat and only could do 19 for final PFT, that and SOI were my only not 300 pfts.

Parris Island made me fat and out of shape.

I now weigh 190 and can do 54, my all time best was 62 at 205lbs.

gross
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My senior drill instructor only cared about drill, we literally did nothing but drill, skipped snap in at the range to do drill, skipped runs to do drill.

DRILL.

We lost drill lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
gross

My senior drill instructor only cared about drill, we literally did nothing but drill, skipped snap in at the range to do drill, skipped runs to do drill.

DRILL.

We lost drill lol.

I got a lot slower while I was there, but dropping 50 pounds (even if it was muscle) helps in pull ups and crunches. Still got high pft award or whatever. If your doing that many pull ups now, I'm going to go for a ruck run to feel better about myself.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck.  Dropping 50 lbs when you're already healthy is insane.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/20141218_063035_zpsmcwgbql7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/20141218_063035_zpsmcwgbql7.jpg</a>
View Quote

He's getting big.

Mine is just starting to learn potty training.  It's hilarious because now I'll rip a huge fart around him and he goes, "Poo poo, daddy.  YUCK!"  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It made pugil sticks interesting. Someone my size in a 135 weight class is comical. I felt bad for the kid. Look on his face was
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It made pugil sticks interesting. Someone my size in a 135 weight class is comical. I felt bad for the kid. Look on his face was
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't lie.  He whooped you, huh?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He's getting big.

Mine is just starting to learn potty training.  It's hilarious because now I'll rip a huge fart around him and he goes, "Poo poo, daddy.  YUCK!"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/20141218_063035_zpsmcwgbql7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/20141218_063035_zpsmcwgbql7.jpg</a>

He's getting big.

My little girl is doing potty training, and she fibs about having to go at least ten times a day just for the attention.

POOPY POTTY!  POOPY POTTY!

Oookaaay, let's go...

As soon as her diaper is off...

Sit.  Wiggle.  Grab some toilet paper.  Play with herself.  ALL DONE!  *runs away pantsless*  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He's getting big.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's getting big.

He walks up to me and farts. Then we both laugh.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My little girl is doing potty training, and she fibs about having to go at least ten times a day just for the attention.

Oookaaay, let's go...

Sit.  Wiggle.  Grab some toilet paper.  Play with herself.  ALL DONE!  *runs away pantsless*  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's getting big.

Oookaaay, let's go...

LOL, mine does similar.  He loves flushing toilet paper.

Oh, and lighting the cigar indoors in your new vid was hilarious.  lmfao
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's getting big.

'Tis the natural order of things.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#25]
some people just don't have the natural muscular structure that lends itself to pullups.  I can be lazy as hell, drink tons of beer, eat whatever, get fat, and still knock out 15.  When I actually pay attention to diet and do some sort of a regular exercise routine, my body shows results at an unreal pace.  IT'S GENETICS!    
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#26]
People that have access to the peep signal that haven't checked it today might want to do that.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Lots of clean practice.
185#s

Deadlifts
315#5r
340#3r was suposed to do 330#
390#1r was supposed to do 380# oops. Was wondering why I could only get one rep.

Cannon Ball pullups.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Walked 8 miles pheasant hunting today.  Planning on only doing 4 tomorrow.  Did about 6 yesterday.  My knee is starting to complain.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My knee is starting to complain.
View Quote

20 menthol Kools and I'll replace it for you.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Walked 8 miles pheasant hunting today.  Planning on only doing 4 tomorrow.  Did about 6 yesterday.  My knee is starting to complain.
View Quote

I thought you got that fixed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did.  It's way better, but I'm an idiot and haven't rested it at all.  I was hauling lumber up ladders the next day.  You need to come up here and go pheasant hunting one of these years.  We'll mock your shorts and flip flops, but loan you boots to hunt in the snow.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Ball_joint_cross_section.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My knee is starting to complain.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Ball_joint_cross_section.jpg

We'll finalize the negotiations in AZ.  Bring your tools.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I did.  It's way better, but I'm an idiot and haven't rested it at all.  I was hauling lumber up ladders the next day.  You need to come up here and go pheasant hunting one of these years.  We'll mock your shorts and flip flops, but loan you boots to hunt in the snow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well let that shit heal.

I would love too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Getting back on the horse.

Chin ups
Push ups
Sit ups

Skipped squats because the back is acting up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Shoulder press
125#5r
140#3r
155#2r

Cannon ball pullups

Pullups
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well let that shit heal.

I would love too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well let that shit heal.

I would love too.

My wife rode her horse out into the pasture next to the house and got 12 roosters up.  Let's go.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Let's shoot for next year. Too poor this year.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#38]
4.5 miles in just under 31 minutes. Not bad for first run in a month.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Posted selfie of peep tat on facebook
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Sunday:
7 Miles walk/run/stairs
1100M Breast Stroke
15 Pushups / 18 Dips / 30 Arm Lifts
150M BS
15PU/18D/30AL
150M BS
15PU/18D/30AL
200M BS

Monday:
9 Miles walk/run/stairs
4 x
80 flutter kicks
30 boxer situps

Tuesday:
6.5 Miles walk/run/stairs
Mixup of squats, pull ups and arm lifts (didnt track numbers, went till exhausted)

Today:
Hold down couch, spend time with family.

Starting to feel pretty good about where I'm at and will be adding a weight vest, ankle weights and free weights soon. Excited to transition to a weight regimen once my tendon/joint issues are doing better (ankle, knee, shoulder, wrist).
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Must post here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Must post here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must post here.

You decide on an AR for next time?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Merry Christmas you bunch of weirdos.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must post here.

Yeah, I'm putting together a setup for my next gig and will probably use that. Much better than using the rifle I only boresighted in my backyard the night before.... though it won't matter if I can't get the chug down again.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Merry Christmas you glorious group of bastards!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Ate massive quantities of cake.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ate massive quantities of cake.
View Quote

don't eat yourself bruh
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Had a little lump on my upper back all the sudden start throbbing and get very tender to the touch.  Always thought it was a lipoma.  Having the sudden pain all the sudden, went to the UC clinic.  Ended up being a giant cyst.  Doc said it had to come out.  My workouts will be sidelined for a couple weeks.  Got a pic of the contents.  Couple nurses had to come in and see it, said it was one of the larger ones they've seen...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#50]
5.5 miles walk/run/stairs
1600m swim
65 push ups
60 dips
90 arm lifts
Page / 106
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top