Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 106
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As long as it was a good time, does it matter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted but I suspect girl is a tranny like your long stroke piston AR.

#cis-scum

As long as it was a good time, does it matter?

I think you may be looking for eesmith.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

CWwest going to have a River of Death FUN! as well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1600m breast stroke
Kickboard 25m on 200m interval
60 flutter kick X 3
60 boxer situps X 3

CWwest going to have a River of Death FUN! as well?

Not that's I'm aware of.

Swimming started as an exercise in facing a fear and turned into enjoyment.

Good full body work out and is helping to increase my lung capacity. I've lost 15 pounds off minimal diet change and through rigorous swimming/workout in the last 2 months. Also back into size 36 waist pants which isn't bad for a 6'6" 225lb dude.

That was swim day, I also do running and plyometrics. Today is 8 sets of 25 strict/explosive down/ups and wall walk hand stands. Tomorrow is 2 mile run and wind sprints. I've been at a carbine or pistol course every 4 weeks starting from October. Planning on adding a 15 lb weight vest later this month increasing 5 pounds every other week until march..

Looking at the workout of others mine isn't the standard but CWW looks fun and makes for good motivation. I think endurance will pay off

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the chug.

CW all comes down to the chug.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Ran 5 K.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is totally unrelated to Geissele but your votes would be appreciated.

http://primaryweapons.com/wp/?contestants=bare-essentials

View Quote

Vote number 223 fuck yeah
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Programming question:

I know bench isn't really all that important, but I've been stuck at 3x5x170 for a while now.  Every time I try to add weight, I drop a rep at the end.
All the same, I finish my presses at 170 and I'm thinking, I totally have the ability to do more.

So today I threw an extra 10lb on there and hit 3x3x180.  With fewer reps, again I feel like I can do more.  Say effort level 8.5 out of 10.

So what's my strategy here?  Throw the weight on, and let the reps come as they will?  Hit the 3x3 weight instead of 3x5?  Alternate twice a week?

DK says bench every day, but I think he might be wrong.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Programming question:

I know bench isn't really all that important, but I've been stuck at 3x5x170 for a while now.  Every time I try to add weight, I drop a rep at the end.
All the same, I finish my presses at 170 and I'm thinking, I totally have the ability to do more.

So today I threw an extra 10lb on there and hit 3x3x180.  With fewer reps, again I feel like I can do more.  Say effort level 8.5 out of 10.

So what's my strategy here?  Throw the weight on, and let the reps come as they will?  Hit the 3x3 weight instead of 3x5?  Alternate twice a week?

View Quote

You have to switch to non linear progression.  It's slow but will get you going again.

You also probably aren't eating enough.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is totally unrelated to Geissele but your votes would be appreciated.

http://primaryweapons.com/wp/?contestants=bare-essentials

I was 187.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Programming question:

View Quote
You shut your whore mouth.

What other chest exercises are you doing?  Are you hitting incline or decline bench?  Also, doing negatives with more weight than you can lift on your own can help you get used to the heavier weight and break through a plateau.  Go heavy with some close grip bench on a non bench day.  Both of these really require a spotter to be safe, though.

There's a decent amount of hitting weight goals and breaking through plateaus that is just mental.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Programming question:

View Quote

Drop sets are what you seek.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Programming question:

You definitely don't eat enough,  have you seen how skinny you are?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know the rule of weightlifting.  If I can't do it well, it doesn't matter.  If I can do it well, it's super important.  

See also:  Everyone stronger than me is on juice, and everyone weaker than me is a pussy.  

Incline/decline I'm not doing, and perhaps that'll help.  That's an easy change.  How should you throw that in?  Warmups, one set flat, one set up and one set down (still 3 work sets) or break it up between workouts?  Have an incline day, a decline day, etc.  That would have me bench every workout like DK says.  

I don't mess with any drop sets.  I do 3 or 4 warmup sets with one plate addition each time, and three work sets for whatever exercise it is.  For example, my squats look like:
1x5x125 (2x 45s and my shitty 35lb bar)
1x5x195 (add 2x 35s)
1x5x245 (add 2x 25s)
3x5x270 (add 2x 10s and the tiny ones)

For bench, it's more like:
1x5x125
1x5x145
1x5x165
3x5x170

To strip any back off afterwards, I don't know, because I'm not really hitting failure on the last work set.  The whole point is I should be able to complete all reps, right?  Besides, I don't have a spotter, so hitting failure on bench means I have to rack it on the bailout pegs and wiggle out from under it, pull off enough weight I can rack it, then put weight back on to get to wherever it needs to be.  

I swear if there's a wrong way to do this lifting thing, I'm doing it.  

And of course I'm not eating enough nor getting enough sleep.  Duh.  I just want there to be a magical solution that doesn't involve eating and sleeping better.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You know the rule of weightlifting.  If I can't do it well, it doesn't matter.  If I can do it well, it's super important.  

See also:  Everyone stronger than me is on juice, and everyone weaker than me is a pussy.  

Incline/decline I'm not doing, and perhaps that'll help.  That's an easy change.  How should you throw that in?  Warmups, one set flat, one set up and one set down (still 3 work sets) or break it up between workouts?  Have an incline day, a decline day, etc.  That would have me bench every workout like DK says.  

I don't mess with any drop sets.  I do 3 or 4 warmup sets with one plate addition each time, and three work sets for whatever exercise it is.  For example, my squats look like:

1x5x195 (add 2x 35s)

1x5x245 (add 2x 25s)

1x5x125

1x5x145

1x5x165

3x5x170

To strip any back off afterwards, I don't know, because I'm not really hitting failure on the last work set.  The whole point is I should be able to complete all reps, right?  Besides, I don't have a spotter, so hitting failure on bench means I have to rack it on the bailout pegs and wiggle out from under it, pull off enough weight I can rack it, then put weight back on to get to wherever it needs to be.  

And of course I'm not eating enough nor getting enough sleep.  Duh.  I just want there to be a magical solution that doesn't involve eating and sleeping better.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1x5x195 (add 2x 35s)

1x5x245 (add 2x 25s)

1x5x125

1x5x145

1x5x165

3x5x170

Lol, I know how it goes.  

As far as when you want to do them, I'm not exactly sure with your routine.  I have set days for different muscle groups so that I have a full weeks rest on each one.  My usual chest day is either dumbbell or barbell flat bench for 3-4 sets after warmup, then 3-4 sets incline dumbbells ( I skip warmup sets on these and subsequent exercises since I'm already warmed up from bench), then 3-4 sets decline barbell, and 3-4 sets of flys.  If I have time, I like to hit 3 different angles on the flys, with the cables set at the top, then the middle, then the bottom.

You're right, not having a partner/spotter is going to greatly affect how hard you can push yourself.  That's one of the trade offs to having your own weights vs going to a gym.  Since it could be dangerous to go too heavy, just increase your reps.  That will really help with your endurance too.  

If you find that magic pill, let me know, lol.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought this for $790 shipped.

Red chevron TA33.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

1x5x195 (add 2x 35s)
1x5x245 (add 2x 25s)

1x5x125
1x5x145
1x5x165
3x5x170

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1x5x195 (add 2x 35s)
1x5x245 (add 2x 25s)

1x5x125
1x5x145
1x5x165
3x5x170

Stop being a pussy, I crawl out from those pegs all the time.

Seriously you need to give non linear a shot. That shit works.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Red chevron TA33.
View Quote

Joke's on you.

It's now $750 shipped.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Joke's on you.

It's now $750 shipped.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red chevron TA33.

Joke's on you.

It's now $750 shipped.  

No it isn't. We have to pay tax on the Amazon shit in VA.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

"You need to move to a free state!" they keep telling me.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red chevron TA33.

Joke's on you.

It's now $750 shipped.  

MD too  

A few went for under $200 a few days ago though
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's because Amazon has a huge base of operations in state.

We don't pay internet sales tax on anything else unless they are an in state business.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

MD too  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red chevron TA33.

Joke's on you.

It's now $750 shipped.  

MD too  

I know. That's where I've been for the last three days. lol. I just had to settle for a decent deal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We don't pay internet sales tax on anything else unless they are an in state business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to pay tax on an Amazon purchase for the first time a few days ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks ass. But I still think I got a good deal. Don't know how I'd do better without lucking into one of the very few that went crazy cheap.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sucks ass. But I still think I got a good deal. Don't know how I'd do better without lucking into one of the very few that went crazy cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dealer price is $905 (I think), so...  basically.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

MD too  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red chevron TA33.

Joke's on you.

It's now $750 shipped.  

MD too  

did any of those people actually receive them? that thread is way too long to read at this point
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
did any of those people actually receive them? that thread is way too long to read at this point
View Quote

Vaca has a thread posted about his, supposedly it was delivered today.  He's supposed to post pics once he gets home from work.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1695898_Official_Sub__200_ACOG____Amazon_Score_Picture_Thread.html
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I just cussed out my barbell.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. It was legit.

ETA One guy got a NIB PVS-14 for $675.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't want to know that
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup. It was legit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It was legit.

OMG!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

OMG!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It was legit.

OMG!!!!

I got a $700 bow set-up for $265 (delivered today, a Quest Torrent full package...not just the bow, but sights, quiver,etc,) a red C-more (can always be painted) Serendipity 6 moa red dot for $66, and two (one is shipped, but these were through Amazon, so I expect the second) Primos Boost Series 2 Channel Digital HD BTE ear pro for $41 a piece. The C-More goes for $299 and the ear pro goes for $165-$225 a piece depending on sales. NO MORE GOOFY SWEATY HEADPHONES!

And of course my TA33 for $790.

ETA Also got a True Ball Predator Release with Speed Buckle for the bow for $11.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Now I need it to snow for a week so I can pay off my credit card.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dealer price is $905 (I think), so...  basically.
View Quote

Dealer price is in the $700s. It is also scaled depending on your dealer "level". Could be higher if not getting direct and using a drop shipper like RSR
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Clean
185#

Deadlift
245#5r
320#3r
365#5r

Dumbell row
50#10r
105#6r
105#7r
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yup. It was legit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It was legit.

I thought I saw one guy got one for $370.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It was legit.

It was.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just don't go to failure on the drop set since you don't have a spotter. If you've been getting 3 consistently go with 2 reps. Drop 15-20 lbs and do 4, drop another 15-20 and do 4-6 more. You'll crush your plateu within a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Did a bunch of clean practice.
Jacked a muscle in my back up. It screwed up my press.

Press
115#3r
130#3r
150#3r got 4 last time at 150#

Pullups
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Squat
205#5r
230#3r
255#3r
265#1r
275#1r

Beer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Lost 14 pounds in 15 days. Have to put on 20 by Jan 5th before I go and lose at least 20 more. PT test immediately after that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I watched a video of KaiK lifting heavy stuff on FB.  Then I fixed a water leak and then I drank beer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#42]
3x5x175 bench.

I guess I just needed to complain about it.

I thought, well, I can do three, let's see if I can get four.  And then I'm like, shit, one more makes five, just do it.
Oh, the last rep was nasty, but I got it up.
Then I'm like... You did it once, do it again.

I still have along way to go, though.  I want to hit at least 300 on squat, fix my clean, I need to buy more weight to deadlift now, and see if I can't tickle 200 on bench before CWW...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I watched a video of KaiK lifting heavy stuff on FB.  Then I fixed a water leak and then I drank beer.
View Quote

Beer is good.

Water leaks are bad.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
3x5x175 bench.

I guess I just needed to complain about it.

I thought, well, I can do three, let's see if I can get four.  And then I'm like, shit, one more makes five, just do it.
Oh, the last rep was nasty, but I got it up.
Then I'm like... You did it once, do it again.

I still have along way to go, though.  I want to hit at least 300 on squat, fix my clean, I need to buy more weight to deadlift now, and see if I can't tickle 200 on bench before CWW...
View Quote

After doing 275# squat, even though I didn't go low enough,  I fell like I could do more.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:38:40 AM EDT
[#45]
If I could bail out without breaking something or if I had a spotter, I'd maybe try to find my squat 1R max.

It's got to be over 300.  Of course, I only own 295# of weights.  

For me, it's the fourth rep on the third set.  I'm good with weights up to 270 until I get to that 14th rep, and then it's only sheer willpower getting it up.  The last rep is killer, but I'm just so motivated to be done and rack it out that it's bearable.  But the fourth one, good gravy.

If I could hit just one rep?  I gotta be able to do 300, but I'm not going to try it out without help or bumper plates.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If I could bail out without breaking something or if I had a spotter, I'd maybe try to find my squat 1R max.

It's got to be over 300.  Of course, I only own 295# of weights.  

For me, it's the fourth rep on the third set.  I'm good with weights up to 270 until I get to that 14th rep, and then it's only sheer willpower getting it up.  The last rep is killer, but I'm just so motivated to be done and rack it out that it's bearable.  But the fourth one, good gravy.

If I could hit just one rep?  I gotta be able to do 300, but I'm not going to try it out without help or bumper plates.
View Quote

If only you would have been taller, you could have tried.  

Pistol's wife could even use my rack.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Sometimes I gotta get a little tiptoe action with the rack I have.  

Maybe MsPist just isn't pushing enough weight.  You put a lot of weight on your back, it makes you shorter.  It's science.  

Hey, totally unrelated...

I need new toe shoes.  My Skeletoes are beyond nasty at this point, having run two Cola Warriors, run hundreds of miles, plus kayaking in the Anacostia every weekend for like 3 years.    They ratchet, guuuurl.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but they need to be good for lifting, running, boating/swimming, and be as funk-resistant as possible.  

$50 for new Skeletoes, or should I look at something else?

Help me out, toe shoe people.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sometimes I gotta get a little tiptoe action with the rack I have.  

Maybe MsPist just isn't pushing enough weight.  You put a lot of weight on your back, it makes you shorter.  It's science.  

Hey, totally unrelated...

I need new toe shoes.  My Skeletoes are beyond nasty at this point, having run two Cola Warriors, run hundreds of miles, plus kayaking in the Anacostia every weekend for like 3 years.    They ratchet, guuuurl.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but they need to be good for lifting, running, boating/swimming, and be as funk-resistant as possible.  

$50 for new Skeletoes, or should I look at something else?

Help me out, toe shoe people.
View Quote

I love my Vibram Seeya LS I got them on super sale for $40 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Bench press.
175#5r
205#3r
225#1r, so close to 2 I think I gave up too soon.
225#1r

Chin ups.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:10:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Did some things. Drinking beer now.
Page / 106
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top