BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, when you increase the chamber pressure on the x39 bolt thrust can reach problematic levels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.300 BLK has a max chamber pressure of 55,000 psi.  7.62x39 is only 45,000 psi.  Thus, the extra case capacity of the x39 is a wash.  The smaller case head and straighter walls of the BLK allow the higher chamber pressures to be safely achieved.  Now if we were talking bolt actions, then yes the extra case capacity of the x39 could be an advantage.

Thanks, I knew I was overlooking something.  I remembered reading that there was a hangup on getting 7.62 to match it at top end, but I couldn't remember it or find it.

Yeah, when you increase the chamber pressure on the x39 bolt thrust can reach problematic levels.

Your bolt might look like this:  
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Meh, it's got eight lugs, losing one or two won't hurt
View Quote

And losing them in a x39 is even easier
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, it's got eight lugs, losing one or two won't hurt

I have heard that even though the modern magazines work well, if you get into 7.62x39 you'll lose lugs.  I imagine it's a real PITA if you lose bbl extension teeth.  I guess then it's time for the chamber insert & the 7.62x25 DI build.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mom was in a car accident today.  

She and brother are fine.  Hopefully they will still be fine come the am.
View Quote
Hope everything goes well

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone want to buy a Ruger SR1911 Commander? I bought one, got it home...and realized I already had a Commander

Brand new, in box...didn't even take it apart and clean it yet. I got interrupted before I could get that far after I got it home, and that was when I found the one I already had

If I can't get rid of it here I'll see if I can return it on Monday...it's just a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone want to buy a Ruger SR1911 Commander? I bought one, got it home...and realized I already had a Commander

Brand new, in box...didn't even take it apart and clean it yet. I got interrupted before I could get that far after I got it home, and that was when I found the one I already had

If I can't get rid of it here I'll see if I can return it on Monday...it's just a pain in the ass.
View Quote

Dual Wield for the win!
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you have a really fast reload?  I'm dyin' over here.  I got nuthin'  

This isn't 1st world problems - it's ARFCOM problems.  Forgot you had a gun, and bought another just like it.  You're making me cry I'm laughing so hard.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This isn't 1st world problems - it's ARFCOM problems.  Forgot you had a gun, and bought another just like it.  You're making me cry I'm laughing so hard.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should send him a couple of sets of Lego 1911 grips.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That would be kinda cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You should send him a couple of sets of Lego 1911 grips.

That would be kinda cool.

Hmm.  It COULD be done.  They could be smooth, or they could be bumpy, or a combo.  Wouldn't have rounded edges like normal gips do - it would be the same thickness all the way across.  The edges of each tile would only be held together w/ super glue, unless you glued the individual pieces directly to the gun.  That could be done w/ Red Loctite, and if you wanted to remove the grips, you'd just melt 'em off.  Gluing them to the gun would make it much stronger & avoid having to drill them for the grip screws, or having pieces w/ bumps at the grip screw holes.

You could sand down the edges a bit for a slightly rounded surface, and definitely sand the corners.

You can buy individual parts off these websites:

http://www.bricklink.com/

http://www.brickowl.com/

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Pick-A-Brick-ByTheme

http://www.hasbro.com/kre-o/en_US/discover/replacement-parts.cfm

As I don't have a 1911, I can't help you w/ it directly, but when I can swing an RIA, I'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like such a fat kid.. I saw a thing on buzzfeed about Oreo Dip so I uh, did my own variant.  Scrape filling from Oreos out and put it in a bowl.  Smash the cookies until they're crumbs and dump into the same bowl.  Add a splash of vanilla almond milk (or regular milk, but that makes my tummy sad).  Microwave until everything is melty and stir to combine.  Slice a ripe banana and drop the chunks in.  Devour.  Nom nom nom.  Strawberries would probably be awesome in it too
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#22]
evenin' crew
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
evenin' crew
View Quote

Good evening
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Good evening
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
evenin' crew

Good evening

How's life?  How is stubby's stub?  Is he going to breath fire on me for calling him stubby???????
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How's life?  How is stubby's stub?  Is he going to breath fire on me for calling him stubby???????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
evenin' crew

Good evening

Stubby's good.  I held him too shortly after he ate yesterday, so he uh, went to the bathroom on my shirt.  I learned my lesson.  I waited tonight until after he had done his business before picking him up  If only he could breath fire down upon my enemies... but even if he could breath fire, I don't think I'd want him incinerating anybody from NC
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Stubby's good.  I held him too shortly after he ate yesterday, so he uh, went to the bathroom on my shirt.  I learned my lesson.  I waited tonight until after he had done his business before picking him up  If only he could breath fire down upon my enemies... but even if he could breath fire, I don't think I'd want him incinerating anybody from NC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
evenin' crew

Good evening

Meh, I have some nomex somewhere if he needs to practice.

So how is stubbys pet human doing?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
evenin' crew

Hey Dj how's tricks?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Two more days, then seven off...
View Quote

Go Rangers... I guess...
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey phurba
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

things are good.  tonight is my Friday.  MA still sux cock though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
evenin' crew

Hey Dj how's tricks?

Glad things are good for you personally.  Friday is always nice.  However, I believe it will continue at being exceptional in the fellatio department for the foreseeable future.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Two more days, then seven off...
View Quote

Cool.  Any big plans????
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hey phurba
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey phurba

Evening!
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooo baby
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's nomex?

Stubby's pet human is hangin' in there.  Pursuing (persistently but politely) getting cross trained for other positions at work so I can keep my hours up.  Reading a lot lately.  Falling asleep really early because I just don't see to sleep well, and haven't since I moved to AZ.  I'm at least getting enough that I'm not hallucinating, which I did a couple of months ago.  

How about yourself, paddy?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

especially with the new shit they are trying to ram down our throats.

however, the gf's thread looks like promising entertainment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

Hey Dj how's tricks?

Glad things are good for you personally.  Friday is always nice.  However, I believe it will continue at being exceptional in the fellatio department for the foreseeable future.  Sorry.

especially with the new shit they are trying to ram down our throats.

Two things missing, link and pics.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What's nomex?That fancy cloth shit that has a melt point of around 700 or 800 degrees that hose draggers and armored vehicle crewman wear.

Stubby's pet human is hangin' in there.  Pursuing (persistently but politely) getting cross trained for other positions at work so I can keep my hours up.  Reading a lot lately.  Falling asleep really early because I just don't see to sleep well, and haven't since I moved to AZ.  I'm at least getting enough that I'm not hallucinating, which I did a couple of months ago.  
Sleep is very important!  Hang in there sometimes adjusting to new environments take time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's nomex?That fancy cloth shit that has a melt point of around 700 or 800 degrees that hose draggers and armored vehicle crewman wear.

Sleep is very important!  Hang in there sometimes adjusting to new environments take time.

Meh, ok I guess.  A couple unexpected expenses but I should do ok.  Online dating still sucks but my AK shoots well so not to bad.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tgal is your GF?  

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
evenin' crew

Hey Dj how's tricks?

He shall post none pics for fear of receiving state fellatio only
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tgal is your GF?  

yes

I don't even feel the need to say anything.  

Did she not consult you about the screen name?  If so, why'd you let her down like that?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That fancy cloth shit that has a melt point of around 700 or 800 degrees that hose draggers and armored vehicle crewman wear.

Meh, ok I guess.  A couple unexpected expenses but I should do ok.  Online dating still sucks but my AK shoots well so not to bad.
View Quote

Oh.. sounds nifty!

I have a person that things are ... complicated with?  I went from sleeping next to them for about three months to a new place and no person and it sucks  Not sure when I'll see them next either, thanks to their work.

Online dating DOES suck.  I disabled my account on the one site I have a profile on.  Haven't handled an AK yet.  Fun?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top