Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 258
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If anything, UF sure as shit won't do guaranteed multi year coaching contracts that still pay out even if canned, ever again.
View Quote

Right.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Looks like some potential recruiting violations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh...and apparently I did not know that home games were major sources of potential offers coming to watch?

Right...we're too stupid at FSU to know these kind of things.

There's enough 4 and 5 stars sitting in the stands this weekend to fill up a whole new National Championship team in the coming years.

With No. 1 Florida State set to host Clemson on Saturday, a number of top prospects from around the nation are making plans to make their way to Doak S. Campbell Stadium to watch the game.

Here is an early list of confirmed visitors:

Nice try...only half of those are official...there are plenty of and 4 and 5 star players that want to see this game. They have to announce to the school and the NCAA that they are coming and there will be no contact with non-official visitors. Jimbo runs a tight program.

This is'nt like Auburn or The Gates coaches meeting players at Applebees and talking football.

Believe it or not, players actually want to come see the National Champions play football..weird I know, but hey, they're coming.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How so? I'm not up to speed on recruiting rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh...and apparently I did not know that home games were major sources of potential offers coming to watch?

Right...we're too stupid at FSU to know these kind of things.

There's enough 4 and 5 stars sitting in the stands this weekend to fill up a whole new National Championship team in the coming years.

With No. 1 Florida State set to host Clemson on Saturday, a number of top prospects from around the nation are making plans to make their way to Doak S. Campbell Stadium to watch the game.

Here is an early list of confirmed visitors:

<snip>

How so? I'm not up to speed on recruiting rules.

Coaches can't contact sophomores (17)at all or juniors (16) until early September so they could be kosher. I cant remember if the coaches can even give them tickets, it has been a few years sinse i got wined and dined. It's probably all good I just get a kick out of people talking about recruits this early.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

As little as I've watched him play you could count on one hand...with some fingers chopped off....how many times he checks down to the third option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Losing to Georgia I think would be the last nail. Noone expects his to win fsu or bama, so losing there won't boot him. Losing to Mizzu or the cocks, there isn't an established rivalry so it's not a "bad" loss for him. Losing to Georgia again is unacceptable though. I think 5 losses with a georgia win and he's gone. 4 losses with one of them being georgia and he's gone.

But then again, I thought for sure he would have been gone last season.

If anything, UF sure as shit won't do guaranteed multi year coaching contracts that still pay out even if canned, ever again.

I think uf can keep it within 10 points this saturday. Too bad driskel can't read a D worth a shit, eye fucks his receiver,  and doesn't check down... ever. I think bama secondary is weak. That's where the gators could have taken advantage,  but driskel won't let that happen. Sigh, just pick out my bama avatar now.

He's going to throw three INTS, and he'll be baited into each one

As little as I've watched him play you could count on one hand...with some fingers chopped off....how many times he checks down to the third option.

To check the 3rd, you've at least got to look for your Second... oi
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bama beat them fairly easily...and well, last year's sugar bowl.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like how OU matches up with WV.  

They just match up well.  They get the ball out quick, which neutralizes OUs pass rush and they will pick on the safeties, which are a weak point.  Defensively they are garbage, but Tenn figured it out in the second half to just run those slants with their front line.

Should be OUs toughest B12 game this year and they can very well lose it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

To check the 3rd, you've at least got to look for your Second... oi
View Quote

Heeyyyyooooooohhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bama had their hands full. It was a very competitive game until they got the ground game going late in the 4th qtr.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bama had their hands full. It was a very competitive game until they got the ground game going late in the 4th qtr.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats true, but putting on it on teams is what the good ones do in the fourth.  In my opinion Alabama got manhandled that game. No idea on tomorrows game haven't seen much of either team this year to know much except Oklahoma appears to have a good defense.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Jameis out for Clemson game. Good job FSU.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I said we said you strong?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Florida State has suspended quarterback Jameis Winston for the entire game Saturday night against No. 22 Clemson, the school announced late Friday.

Winston, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner for the No. 1 Seminoles, originally had been suspended for just the first half after his profane and sexually charged outburst in the student union on campus earlier this week.

"Based upon the results of our continuing investigation of Tuesday's incident involving Jameis Winston, we have decided to not play him for the entire game against Clemson on Saturday night," interim Florida State president Garnett S. Stokes and athletic director Stan Wilcox said in a joint statement.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting that this was posted on nfl.com

NFL scout: Florida State QB Jameis Winston is 'a fraud'

"It'll hurt him significantly," said the area scout, who is assigned to Florida State, per Breer. "Especially with all the stuff going on in the league. This may force him to stay another year to clean up his image. He's a fraud. You can't believe anything he says, because he keeps doing the same things over and over. In my mind, there are night-and-day differences between (Johnny) Manziel's and his character concerns. Winston has some serious issues."

ETA- wow, talk about strange timing when reading that article.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Florida State has suspended quarterback Jameis Winston for the entire game Saturday night against No. 22 Clemson, the school announced late Friday.

Winston, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner for the No. 1 Seminoles, originally had been suspended for just the first half after his profane and sexually charged outburst in the student union on campus earlier this week.

"Based upon the results of our continuing investigation of Tuesday's incident involving Jameis Winston, we have decided to not play him for the entire game against Clemson on Saturday night," interim Florida State president Garnett S. Stokes and athletic director Stan Wilcox said in a joint statement.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11555354/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-banned-entire-game-vs-clemson-tigers

Intriguing...

Not sure how much of a difference it'll make...but intriguing.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm drunk and could still make better decisions than Jameis, not pleased right now
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11555354/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-banned-entire-game-vs-clemson-tigers

Intriguing...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intriguing...

What is there to investigate? I don't understand what could have come out over the course of their ongoing investigation that made the school increase the suspension? Unless Winston was completely unremorseful when asked about it I guess...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Clemson will still Clemson and the obnoxiousness will continue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What is there to investigate? I don't understand what could have come out over the course of their ongoing investigation that made the school increase the suspension? Unless Winston was completely unremorseful when asked about it I guess...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intriguing...

I'd guess it's being driven by the fallout in the NFL.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I bet he's happy that he can go out drinking tonight
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#21]
It makes me sick when these kids shit away a golden opportunity like this.  

Many would give anything to have a shot at the team.  

Disclaimer, every team has problems and thugs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Pretty good games tomorrow, ribs and booze on standby.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bet he's happy that he can go out drinking tonight & FHRITP
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet he's happy that he can go out drinking tonight & FHRITP

Only if she's unwilling or too drunk to say no.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

L

O

L

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Presented without comment. Others on twitter said this dude is in a position to know.

https://twitter.com/EmoryParker/status/513167907128623104

https://twitter.com/EmoryParker/status/513174427576434688
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Presented without comment. Others on twitter said this dude is in a position to know.

View Quote
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols

as well...

Interesting.

Apparently he lied to admin folks. If so, he really IS a dumb ass.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

as well...

Interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as well...

Interesting.

Now THIS is conjecture: Emory Parker seems to be talking about something different from Rachel Nichols.

There is also a search for a President going on at FSU right now, though, which I heard has taken a turn towards scandal as well. The school might be trying to tie up loose ends.

Also: why do I think Rachel Nichlols is one fine piece of ace?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What kind of position?

Works for the university?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of position?

Works for the university?

Iono
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:55:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm gonna need more popcorn
In!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

as well...

Interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as well...

Interesting.

I don't think there's ever been much debate about that.

If this pans out to be true, certain posters here will need to be placed on suicide watch.  Or not...  

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Won't matter, FSU will still win

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the line dropped 7.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Clemson will still Clemson and the obnoxiousness will continue.
View Quote

Fingers crossed that they don't.  I have a friend that is a pretty big Clemson fan, and she thinks they'll lose, but it would be awesome if the pull it out.

I'd love to watch the fallout, excuses and general gnashing of teeth!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Now I'm stuck on who to pick for that game. Damn may just go with Clemson and drop some confidence points.

Oh and lol at "I'm drunk and could make better decisions"
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  Good thing he didn't say, "FHRITA", he might have been kicked off the team.   I usually refrain from commenting on stuff like this, but that guy seems like a real douche canoe.

LC
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Now I'm stuck on who to pick for that game. Damn may just go with Clemson and drop some confidence points.

View Quote

I still have fsu, but I changed their confidence points from 17 to 5.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might want to see your doctor about that.  I bet they could give you a shot and clear it right up.

If left untreated it can lead to severe delusions of grandeur and diarrhea of the mouth.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Jimbo thinks Winston will be a changed person after this incident
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I bet he's happy that he can go out drinking tonight
View Quote

I wonder if the heat he is taking from his teammates over this will wake him up?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That is crazy. I don't even know where to begin if that is true.

I doubt there will ever be another freshman who wins the Heisman.
View Quote

Your probably right.
Between how Manziel and Winston have handled it the past 2 years it wouldn't surprise me.
This was actually mentioned on ESPN this week.
The Heisman committee might just vote this in due to embarrassment over their immaturity.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And the line dropped 7.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the line dropped 7.

Makes me cry I didn't get on it at +22 when it opened.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#45]
And so the media is in charge of how long players get suspended? Nice.

We will see if FSU can overcome this very quick moving set of events. Should be a good game, close...or if the players can't get up to play, Clemson might blow them out. I hope Mark May, Herbstriet and Lou Holtz feel better about themselves. The Heisman goes to the best football player each year, not the smartest, not the best student, nor the team Chaplain.

Amazing to watch this snowball.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It appears a major part of your happiness in life hinges on the decisions of athletically talented 16 and 17 year olds. I'd throw in a LOL, but I'd feel bad for laughing at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It appears a major part of your happiness in life hinges on the decisions of athletically talented 16 and 17 year olds. I'd throw in a LOL, but I'd feel bad for laughing at that.
Apparently fsu's the only team that brings in a list of recruits like that for big home games...

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice turnover by Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#48]
We still have Pender, Williams, and O'Leary. Those three will be the keys to victory. That and a strong showing by the D.

I'm past this dumbass. He's lost any support I would have given him.

If he thought the praise, support and adulation from the fan base was something, wait until he gets the daggers, vitriol, and attacks.

FSU is bigger than one man.....high time he realizes that.

Now on to some football.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Hearing the extended suspension is unrelated to the FHRITP incident and much more serious. No idea about what but the admin cancelled Fishers interview with gameday and will provide no comment. Also sounds like Winston is back home in Alabama right now, we'll see if he's on the sidelines later.

Apparently dismissal is a very real possibity here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

No he's not...no one knows who this mystery Emory is. Nice try gator...Jameis lied about being on top of the table to Wilcox (AD), this is why he and President Stokes bowed to the ESPN power. You are pathetic to think or leap from internet meme, to some mystery rape or massive cover-up. Jimbo and these other 2 men got into a heated argument when they wanted to go the whole game. I just hope everyone is happy now...but nope, just like we thought, you want Jameis gone, you want him arrested, you want his career to be over. But most importantly, you want FSU to lose....that'll show us.

This is a knee-jerk reaction...keep hope alive Gates.
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top