BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 258
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting read for those into the whole "SoS" and stats.

Take away is this....ducks may not be what they're all cracked up to be. Then again what's better?...dominating lesser opponents, or just barely beating better opponents?

link to article...stats on Ducks amd NOLES
View Quote

I need to get back to working on that thingamajig I was coding up for true team/team correlations. I'd really like to see how teams compare. Paste couple weeks I've been in training, so it really put a kibosh on it. Should be able to finish it over the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are taking it very seriously...........it's routine, and has given many players who are banged up more time to heal. From reports I have read, practices this week have been very intense and spirited...........and that 10 days was from the SECCG. Trust me, they will be ready

Quoted:
ten days without practice?

Is bama taking this seriously?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know if anyone is interested, but Fox Sports Southwest is playing the Texas HS Championship games and the Gilmer West Orange Stark game was awesome.

Now it is just about kickoff for Navasota and Argyle.

Navasota is number one and Argyle has a 31 game winning streak on the line.
View Quote

Navasota Argyle game is dam good.
Looks to be headed for 2OT
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Sigh...
Dont recruit kids from Miami ... Harris, driving without license + weed in the car

I dont care about the weed. Driving without a license is frickin stupid though.

Driving someone's car that you know probably has weed in it, without a license? Full retard.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Is the new Florida coach still coaching CSU for the bowl game?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jim McElwain, the Ram's coach for the past three years, stepped down Thursday to become the new coach at Florida.  OC Dave Baldwin was named the interim coach through the bowl game.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love HS football and I know this is the official college ball thread, but this is the pure game. Played for the love of it by guys who have known each other most of their lives.

Both winning coaches today got choked up talking about their players.

Not winning the game, but talking about the players.
View Quote

The Navasota coach's brother is Larry Fedora the University of North Carolina head coach.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Navasota coach's brother is Larry Fedora the University of North Carolina head coach.
View Quote

Central Texas has done well this year.  Navasota, Cameron Yoe, Temple has a shot tomorrow night...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love HS football and I know this is the official college ball thread, but this is the pure game. Played for the love of it by guys who have known each other most of their lives.

Both winning coaches today got choked up talking about their players.

Not winning the game, but talking about the players.
View Quote

The Navasota coach Lee Fedora, his brother is Larry Fedora the HC at North Carolina

Eta - thought I would share this bit of trivia but see it was already done.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Central Texas has done well this year.  Navasota, Cameron Yoe, Temple has a shot tomorrow night...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cedar Park against Ennis right now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yoe beat us for the championship my Sr year.

I was really wanting to see Mineola beat them last night and instead they stomped a mud hole in their ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yoe beat us for the championship my Sr year.

I was really wanting to see Mineola beat them last night and instead they stomped a mud hole in their ass.

Where did you go to high school?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Ennis was running the ball well against Cedar Park.

Ennis stopped Cedar Park on a 4th down.  You could see on the TV that the measurement came up at least a link short of the first down....the refs gave cedar park a first down . The they scored on the next play.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gilmer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did you go to high school?

Gilmer

Ah, that good old Sliver of East Texas.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Jameis Winston just got a ringing endorsement from a convicted felon.

He may make some poor decisions, but he gets on that football field and he plays his ass off.
View Quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12056204/michael-vick-new-york-jets-says-jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-future-nfl

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He may make some poor decisions, but he gets on that football field and he plays his ass off.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12056204/michael-vick-new-york-jets-says-jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-future-nfl

The NFL quarterback's responsibilities and a college football quarterback's responsibilities are so different that it's almost like playing a different sport. Winston will be another bust, just like 95% of the other QBs that enter this coming draft.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The NFL quarterback's responsibilities and a college football quarterback's responsibilities are so different that it's almost like playing a different sport. Winston will be another bust, just like 95% of the other QBs that enter this coming draft.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Standing Room only at the Potato Bowl.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#28]
What is amazing is that even though  this game sucks these kids are amazing athletes.

Speaks volumes as to the caliber of the skills of the players from the top schools.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#30]
An extremely rare December Saturday yesterday in which the NFL had better games than the college level did.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

is johny fucking football a bust yet?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

After one game? He's trending that way if he doesn't lose his "scramble around and toss the ball down the field randomly" routine...

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some are saying if he has another game like the last one, that will be the last game he ever plays. LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#34]

I didnt think their season was so bad as to go ahead and blow up their stadium. And here I thought the Gators were pissed about this year.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#35]

I wonder if they meant for that central column to swing out into the parking lot like that or not....

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I didnt think their season was so bad as to go ahead and blow up their stadium. And here I thought the Gators were pissed about this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

lol  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wonder if they meant for that central column to swing out into the parking lot like that or not....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hope so...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I hope so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so...

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was wondering about that.  I don't think it went as planned.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That parking lot and street were cleared out before hand, so it wasn't dangerous.  As long as it didn't swing to the right and take out some of the new construction, it's all good.

It was my general understanding that demolition engineers preferred everything to collapse inward, though.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#44]
The way it detached and that it was way before the main drop, it had to be planned.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That parking lot and street were cleared out before hand, so it wasn't dangerous.  As long as it didn't swing to the right and take out some of the new construction, it's all good.

It was my general understanding that demolition engineers preferred everything to collapse inward, though

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was my general understanding that demolition engineers preferred everything to collapse inward, though

Yeah, that's why I thought it didn't go as planned.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:04:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#47]

threw his second chance right down the shiter!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Too bad.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Michigan fans might be very happy soon....
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Michigan fans might be very happy soon....
View Quote

Where are you reading updates?

Rumors that he accepted?

Edit: what I've read lately (and it makes sense) is Jim Harbaugh is using the carrot Michighan dangled as leverage in NFL contract talks.
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top