BCM
User Panel

Page / 258
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alright.

Which one of the two most prolifically posting Noles is gonna take me up on this bet? Terms identical to my Bama bet earlier this season. UF wins, you make a post in GD (also link it here), saying you lost a bet and how much you love being a Gator. Also, you must change your avatar to a Gator one of my choosing, for the rest of the season (including bowl games). FSU wins, then I have to do all that stuff and sport an FSU avatar of your choosing.

No Pmags on the line, no money. Just your pride.

I have no problem making this bet, even with very little confidence in the Gators. So this should be an easy one for yall. Back that talk up, without making your wallet lighter.
View Quote

I'd be hesitant about doing a bet with RANGER_556.  Earlier in the season he said he'd do a bet and then pussied out of it. Though of course that was for pmags and this is only for an avatar so maybe his balls won't drop off for this one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I sure hope not. I know there's a "contract" but there sure is a lot of talk about expanding it to 8 teams already. Heck there was even a coaches poll floating around last week. I think the butthurt from the teams left out (who deserve a shot) coupled with the interest and $ generated might be able to get that changed sooner. Just have to offer the $ to the right people.
If Ohio St ends up left out it could be a good thing for expansion with the Big 10 whining about deserving a spot and maybe realizing that the best future opportunity would be more spots available.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly why we need and deserve this.
I think it would actually bring new fans into the game.
I don't watch the NBA until playoff time and then only the Spurs and really don't watch much pro football until the playoffs either.

No, I think we "want" it.

However, it doesn't really matter what we want right now because it's going to be four teams through the 2025 season.

I sure hope not. I know there's a "contract" but there sure is a lot of talk about expanding it to 8 teams already. Heck there was even a coaches poll floating around last week. I think the butthurt from the teams left out (who deserve a shot) coupled with the interest and $ generated might be able to get that changed sooner. Just have to offer the $ to the right people.
If Ohio St ends up left out it could be a good thing for expansion with the Big 10 whining about deserving a spot and maybe realizing that the best future opportunity would be more spots available.

It'd certainly be nice if it was earlier than that, but I would not expect it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Personally, I'd rather FSU and Ohio State have to play someone other than each other in the first round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

4.  Mississippi State vs TCU

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

That would make a great group for the first round of an 8 team playoff

Personally, I'd rather FSU and Ohio State have to play someone other than each other in the first round.

I'd be ok with OSU Alabama. Might as well get it over with. If OSU won it would be a pleasant surprise.

I'm still concerned about our run defense. I think Gordon breaks 200 against us. So would yeldon/Henry. Our only hope is a shootout and barret's A game.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
There is still some good football games to come with top 25 games in Conference championships and rivalry games this week

1. Alabama AUB (16) then vs Mizzo (17) or UGA (9)

2. Oregon vs UCLA (8) or AZ (11)

3. FSU vs GA Tech (16)

4.  Mississippi State vs Ole Miss (19)

5. TCU

6. Ohio State vs WI (14) or Minnesota (18)

7. Baylor vs. KSU (12)

8. UCLA vs. Oregon (2)

9. Georgia vs. GA Tech (16) and maybe Bama (1)

10. Michigan State

Monk
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Well boys and girls. This is what awesome looks like. Vector quantized truth data with low distortion. AKA, i fucking knew I'd be able to pull and quantify direct conference to conference likeness. Still alot of steps to do. But the world will soon have DIRECT fucking weights for conference vs conference, that they can apply to whatever measuring factor they want to consider.

Again, this doesnt say who is better. It's a measure of direct comparability only, a scalar that can be applied when comparing factors between conferences. The higher the scalar, the more the teams being compared are like they played for the same division. This allows for true SOS or Power rankings, that dont use biased ass polling data to compare conferences.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well boys and girls. This is what awesome looks like. Vector quantized truth data with low distortion. AKA, i fucking knew I'd be able to pull and quantify direct conference to conference likeness. Still alot of steps to do. But the world will soon have DIRECT fucking weights for conference vs conference, that they can apply to whatever measuring factor they want to consider.

Again, this doesnt say who is better. It's a measure of direct comparability only, a scalar that can be applied when comparing factors between conferences. The higher the scalar, the more the teams being compared are like they played for the same division. This allows for true SOS or Power rankings, that dont use biased ass polling data to compare conferences.

http://s1.postimg.org/yo2jd90zj/truth_data_centroids.png
View Quote

Whatever dude
You still wear jorts with your tank top and gold chains.
Fucking Gators.

Monk
ETA: your post and graphics make more sense than some of the DOD Death by PPT that I have been subjected to while on deployments.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

looking forward to it.

Hope you can dumb it down for us liberal arts majors.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Whatever dude
Fucking Gators.

Monk
ETA: your post and graphics make more sense than some of the DOD Death by PPT that I have been subjected to while on deployments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever dude
Fucking Gators.

Monk

You forgot about my mullet and criminal record.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SNIP

You forgot about my mullet and criminal record.

http://s27.postimg.org/4zdftq1o1/flman.png
View Quote

1. I never talk about a man's hair.
2. It's just UF's bad luck that the GPD aren't more like the TPD. Compared to the Noles, Gators are unfairly targeted by LEO

Monk
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

First of all I've seen spiders make prettier webs, also your stairs are crooked.

Also, where to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexuals fit in and why are there 5?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My dream 4 team is

Bama/Baylor

FSU/Oregon

There is no way to find better match ups between the teams left to play than those 4 assuming they all win out, which is a huge assumption. If FSU loses, put OSU in.

If Baylor loses, put TCU in.

If Oregon loses put UCLA in.

If Bama loses put Miss St or whoever wins the SEC in. Flip a coin.

You get a true undisputed Champion under that. I might have missed something. So speak up if tell me I suck if I did.

That takes all the bias out and pretty much makes people who beat people in which is really what the goal should be. Any rematches do nothing but dilute the whole system.
View Quote
if ucla gets in and OSU doesn't prepare for my butthurt. I don't think they will though at 2 losses.
If barret's threw a TD instead of a pick 6 to end the VT game....

Eta michigan state doesn't have amazing wins but only lost to top 6 teams twice. They still have a LLLOOOOOOOONG shot to get in.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If barret's threw a TD instead of a pick 6 to end the VT game....
View Quote

but he didn't, so by the transitive property Paul Johnson > Urban Meyer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#14]
so by the transitive property Paul Johnson > Urban Meyer
View Quote

I always get a chuckle how most Georgia Tech fans hate Paul Johnson, they may be more delusional than Georgia fans.  He's had the highest win total per year of any Tech coach over the last 30 years or so, and does it without any flash or drama.  Yet, Tech fans can't wait to run this guy out of town...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I hesitate to mention it here, but I've been drinking so I'm going to anyway.  When I saw an ESPN article on Bonfire, I was really curious/dubious about what approach they were going to take.

All in all, it's not a bad article on the subject.  

The burning desire of Texas A&M
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hesitate to mention it here, but I've been drinking so I'm going to anyway.  When I saw an ESPN article on Bonfire, I was really curious/dubious about what approach they were going to take.

View Quote

I've always though the bonfire was cool.

You still need to get rid of the faggy cheerdudes.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Garbage. Ohio State lost to a crap team and has a crap schedule - the only team they've beaten is MSU. But whatever - if they make it into the playoff they'll get to prove if they're that good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Preview of things to come boys. Sorry 'bout your luck TCU, Baylor, and Miss St.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/Screen%20Shot%202014-11-23%20at%2021.13.01.png

Garbage. Ohio State lost to a crap team and has a crap schedule - the only team they've beaten is MSU. But whatever - if they make it into the playoff they'll get to prove if they're that good.

After that shit showing against Indiana last Saturday OSU shouldn't even be thought about in the top 4 and I am a Buckeye fan

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Where did Jameis steal that thing at?

Yeh I'm late

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent article, thanks for sharing. Gig 'em!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

After that shit showing against Indiana last Saturday OSU shouldn't even be thought about in the top 4 and I am a Buckeye fan

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Preview of things to come boys. Sorry 'bout your luck TCU, Baylor, and Miss St.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/Screen%20Shot%202014-11-23%20at%2021.13.01.png

I'd rate OSU at 7 or so as far as the playoff goes at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of schools have male cheerleaders.
Ours are called yell leaders.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, other schools have male cheerleaders, but they ALSO have female cheerleaders.

Texas A&M is the only FBS college football program with ONLY male cheerleaders.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeh I'm late

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeh I'm late

Where didn't he steal things at?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Sometime's its hard to find out how many ranked teams they've played, espn uses rank at time played, a playoff committee member said thats what they use too...seems....stupid.

Current CFP rankings used.

I'd move Baylor up one and TCU up one and call it done, pending more football.  It's a damn shame the Big12 can't have a championship game.  If anything it would ensure that TCU/Baylor gets the #4 slot this year, barring monumental upsets in their other remaining games.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeh I'm late

True, my mistake

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice little 41 yard touchdown run there.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, that was inauspicious.

LC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#29]
30 total yds........what a barn burner.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Swing and a miss.  Good hold by our defense (had to dust that phrase off before I used it).

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Swing and a miss.  Good hold by our defense (had to dust that phrase off before I used it).

View Quote

It's what we excel at!

LC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Fournette is so beast.  Hate we missed on him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#33]
30 dropped passes this year.  ouch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fournette is so beast.  Hate we missed on him.
View Quote

Yeah he put the hammer down on that DB. However, I'm excited to see our up and coming rbs for next season.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Going to be an exciting finish....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#36]
 Between that bullshit no call and the "targeting" earlier....

Good game, LSU.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
 Between that bullshit no call and the "targeting" earlier....

Good game, LSU.  

View Quote

That was a game killer.
That was a free play.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn, it sucks to see it end that way....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hard fought game, shame to see it end in that way.

View Quote

That crew didn't have a good night all the way around.

The targeting rule is a pox upon the game.  I understand trying to protect the receivers, but there is a fine point between targeting and unintentional contact.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely agree.   Hate that ending so much.  

WIth that said, I think it's the height of foolishness to claim that refs cost A&M the game like some of my friends on facebook are busy doing right now.  The questionable targeting call against one of our best defensive players and that missed offsides at the end hurt badly and I freaking hate to see an ending like that....

But those calls didn't beat A&M.   We got outplayed by LSU.  

Once again, congrats to the coonasses.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#43]
It's 9:27pm Mountain Time and Michigan still sucks.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:38:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Dangit!  That last drive was exciting and the stadium was starting to get loud.

It was good to see the stadium in person this year, I'm excited to see it finished!  LSU was the better team this year, despite the heartbreaking finish.  It will make the trip back to Denver seem that much longer though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

LSU sucks. Almost 500 yards of offense and only 23 points, while A&M had 228 yards and could have won it at the end.

That team had better improve next year. Why the hell can't we get a decent QB for once to back up Fournette and the other RBs?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WIth that said, I think it's the height of foolishness to claim that refs cost A&M the game like some of my friends on facebook are busy doing right now.  The questionable targeting call against one of our best defensive players and that missed offsides at the end hurt badly and I freaking hate to see an ending like that....

LSU sucks. Almost 500 yards of offense and only 23 points, while A&M had 228 yards and could have won it at the end.

That team had better improve next year. Why the hell can't we get a decent QB for once to back up Fournette and the other RBs?

Dude, you know the answer.  Les Miles.

ETA:  And it isn't going to change next year, I'm sure.

LC
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why the hell can't we get a decent QB for once to back up Fournette and the other RBs?

View Quote

Alternatively, you could have one of the top QB recruits in the country as your starter and have him go 10/13 for a whopping 30 yards to start off the game.  

"Horizontal passes are the best only kind of passes."  -Jake Spavital

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:43:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we're stacked (Miller, Barrett)...want sophomore Cardale Jones?  I think he'd fit in well with LSU.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So do I.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was hoping FSU would make the playoffs and play Bama as a single digit underdog, but based on that line I doubt that will happen.

FSU would/will never be a single digit underdog to Alabama, short of Alabama losing against Auburn and in the SEC Championship game (then they wouldn't even be playing).  A 1-loss Alabama team would be a 12+ point favorite right now, maybe more.  

LOL, what ev. I hope they play

So do I.

So would I.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't watch the NBA until playoff time and then only the Spurs and really don't watch much pro football until the playoffs either.

View Quote

Don't most of the teams there make it to the playoffs?  Kinda numbing after a while.
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top