Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 258
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tech -13 is a HUGE number against Georgia, and if I knew a bookie, I'd put $50 on them covering.  Reminds me a lot of the -10 or -11 on the Florida game, way to big of a number on a rivalry game.  I think Georgia will win, but that is still a gigantic number against the Techies.
View Quote

That is a stupid number.
Georgia should win but Tech is good team and have been playing well recently.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]

That is epic.
The B1G had some great trophies but I am partial to UNLV vs. Nevada's Fremont Cannon.

Monk

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
That Okie Lite "trail of tears" Gameday sign was the best of all-time.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
FSU is now as a 7.5 point home favorite against arguably the 11th best team in the SEC.

I was hoping FSU would make the playoffs and play Bama as a single digit underdog, but based on that line I doubt that will happen.

Vegas knows FSU is no true contender.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I was hoping FSU would make the playoffs and play Bama as a single digit underdog, but based on that line I doubt that will happen.
View Quote

FSU would/will never be a single digit underdog to Alabama, short of Alabama losing against Auburn and in the SEC Championship game (then they wouldn't even be playing).  A 1-loss Alabama team would be a 12+ point favorite right now, maybe more.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Georgia should win but Tech is good team and have been playing well recently
View Quote

No kidding.  I guess Vegas is expecting a Georgia repeat of the Auburn game, as Auburn and Tech are very similar styled offenses.  I believe Auburn is better on both sides of the ball, but this is still a rivalry game.  

Another big number is the Michigan vs Ohio State game at Michigan +20.  I know Michigan is a dumpster fire this year, but they would love nothing more than to ruin OSU's run at the playoffs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FSU would/will never be a single digit underdog to Alabama, short of Alabama losing against Auburn and in the SEC Championship game (then they wouldn't even be playing).  A 1-loss Alabama team would be a 12+ point favorite right now, maybe more.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL, what ev. I hope they play
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, it was wishful thinking on my part.  I guess maybe I was hoping the odds makers were even just 10% as delusional as some of the FSU homers in this thread.

I'm still hoping for nothing more than 14.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Ok, you tell me.  Let's say FSU was playing Alabama this Saturday, what do you honestly think the line would be?  I know you're not delusional enough to believe it would be less than 10 points...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you don't.

I would challenge you to make a PMAG bet on it, but considering you pussied out of the last bet I won't bother as you probably wouldn't even pay up anyway.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok, you tell me.  Let's say FSU was playing Alabama this Saturday, what do you honestly think the line would be?  I know you're not delusional enough to believe it would be less than 10 points...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Considering he believes FSU would whoop Mississippi State like a D2 school, yeah, he's delusional enough to believe that.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a teenage girl?

I ask because you keep posting that "LOL what ev" (can't even spell out 'ever') that's what it sounds like.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:29:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#20]
he way TCU played last week, that actually worries me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#21]

....hole...lee...shhhittt....

I only just now noticed that the indian in front... That smallpox infested blanket is BLUUUUEEEEEE and OORRAANNGGEEEE!!!!

The Gator were behind the original trail of tears!

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you a teenage girl?

I ask because you keep posting that "LOL what ev" (can't even spell out 'ever') that's what it sounds like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a teenage girl?

That certainly would explain a LOT of RANGER_556's posts.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Those numbers were put up by the same powerhouse VT team that beat tOSU, yes? *snicker*.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has this been talked about yet?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3NgmHRIYAAiat2.jpg:large

I saw the score and thought "wtf", but I didn't see the game.  

Might have been a fun one to watch.

That game set offensive football back 25 years.

You ain't kiddin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3Er61RCUAEYSbG.png:large

Those numbers were put up by the same powerhouse VT team that beat tOSU, yes? *snicker*.

I hope you're not a Georgia fan, those TWO losses to unranked teams would be hilarious.

OSU will recover, it's a rebuilding year.  It's a very young team.  Next year dropping 1-2 games would be a dissapointment.  This year after Braxton Miller's injury the consensus was "3 loss" without going to the Big Ten championship game.  After the VT game expectations plummeted.  It's a net win if OSU loses out from here but I do hope they keep winning just to see suthun tears.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#25]
FSU, Alabama in talks to open 2017 season with game in Atlanta

Florida State and Alabama are discussing playing a game in Atlanta to open the 2017 season, according to sources.

Florida State has a similar season opener set for 2016 against another SEC team, Mississippi. That game will be in Orlando on Labor Day.
View Quote

Story Link

Monk
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So do I.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do I.

Looks like it will happen for the season opener soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I do hope they keep winning just to see suthun tears.
View Quote

Some of you people have the weirdest priorities and deep misunderstandings of what other people care about.

I'd want my team to win out because they're my team, not because I think others will cry if they do.

And take a look at how often Ohio State was mentioned after this place became an OSU fan ghost town on 9/6.  No one cared about or mentioned them much, until the ohio fans started coming back out of the woodwork.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Some of you people have the weirdest priorities and deep misunderstandings of what other people care about.

I'd want my team to win out because they're my team, not because I think others will cry if they do.

And take a look at how often Ohio State was mentioned after this place became an OSU fan ghost town on 9/6.  No one cared about or mentioned them much, until the ohio fans started coming back out of the woodwork.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think he feels about OSU winning like you think he does.

Of course there wasn't much buckeye talk when everyone thought the season was over with the Braxton Miller injury. Once they became relevant in the playoff talks the chatter picked up. Nothing unusual about that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'd hope not, because that's retarded.  But all we have to go on are his statements and behavior in this thread.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Current odds to win the Championship:

Alabama 7/4

Oregon 9/2

Ohio State 6/1

Baylor 7/1

TCU 15/2

Mississippi State 15/2

Florida State 15/2

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#31]
New rankings:

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. FSU

4.  Mississippi State

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I hear that.  Really I'd want them to win despite this thread

Two factors in hiding for the first several weeks of the season...the loss sucked but mostly my son was born just before the season started.  I no-shit saw the very last play of the OSU/Navy game (first game) as I walked in the door with my son bringing him home from the hospital.  He has only been sleeping through the night for the past month or so.

I probably just notice it more because of being a fan, but you'll have completely unrelated threads (at least a degree of separation) like the comments about VT's score then the OSU stuff starts.  I'm cool with it, just going to reply if I'm feeling it.  It's refreshing to vent and argue about something fun like football, it beats the abortion threads.

Maybe one day the Buckeyes will be in the SEC and these threads will be ~40 pages long per year
Columbus is closer to the geographic center of the SEC than College Station, and its just across the river from SEC country (KY) ... or 150 miles between Columbus and Lexington.  Not that I'd really consider KY the South, unless of course it furthers whatever discussion I'm in at the moment.

Interestingly, Columbia (SC) and Gainesville are as far from the geographic center of TCDS as well (That Conference Down South) as the Ohio border....

Random football related fact of the day, the geographic center of the SEC is Haleyville, Alabama (About an hour north of Tuscaloosa by automobile).
2nd Random fact, the geographic center of the B1G is Milford, Indiana.  (About an hour southeast of South Bend, Indiana as the car goes)
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
my son was born just before the season started.  
View Quote

Congrats on the birth of your son.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'd hope not, because that's retarded.  But all we have to go on are his statements and behavior in this thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't remember the number of times i completely dropped the conference talk only to bring it up when a conference fan brought up OSU out of the blue.  After last year I made it a point to avoid it through most of the first half of the thread...admittedly I've had to catch up a few pages at a time at first...priorities .  I think that you'd be surprised by how many much of the OSU stuff was just two guys having a football discussion about their team when someone ...who is inevitably a fan of a certain conference if not team... throws out "teh suckeyes!11!" or it is just spurned by a poll being released "zomg teh suckeyes overrated #1 too buku!!111"

At that point, once it is clear that i is story-time, I'm happy to share my thoughts or lack thereof
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wasn't more than a month old before his mother had him in Gators garb

...and thank you
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

...and thank you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and thank you

Your wife sounds like the brains of the operation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:13:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and thank you

Nicely done.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Alright.

Which one of the two most prolifically posting Noles is gonna take me up on this bet? Terms identical to my Bama bet earlier this season. UF wins, you make a post in GD (also link it here), saying you lost a bet and how much you love being a Gator. Also, you must change your avatar to a Gator one of my choosing, for the rest of the season (including bowl games). FSU wins, then I have to do all that stuff and sport an FSU avatar of your choosing.

No Pmags on the line, no money. Just your pride.

I have no problem making this bet, even with very little confidence in the Gators. So this should be an easy one for yall. Back that talk up, without making your wallet lighter.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

4.  Mississippi State vs TCU

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

View Quote

That would make a great group for the first round of an 8 team playoff
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

Personally, I'd rather FSU and Ohio State have to play someone other than each other in the first round.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Personally, I'd rather FSU and Ohio State have to play someone other than each other in the first round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

LOL
That hate gonna burn you up inside

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

LOL

Actually, there's not a single program in college football that I hate. I'll leave that to the SEC-haters.  I would just want the two most overrated teams there to have to earn a first round win.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

Agreed.  I'd watch all of those games.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

I think pretty much every college football fan that was able would.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

I cant decide which 1 looks best. Leaning towards Oregon / Baylor but the Bama / UCLA game intrigues me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I cant decide which 1 looks best. Leaning towards Oregon / Baylor but the Bama / UCLA game intrigues me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

That's exactly why we need and deserve this.
I think it would actually bring new fans into the game.
I don't watch the NBA until playoff time and then only the Spurs and really don't watch much pro football until the playoffs either.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New rankings:

1. Alabama vs UCLA

2. Oregon vs Baylor

3. FSU vs Ohio St

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

The over / under line in vegas for that game would open at 120

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't watch the NBA until playoff time and then only the Spurs and really don't watch much pro football until the playoffs either.
View Quote

No, I think we "want" it.

However, it doesn't really matter what we want right now because it's going to be four teams through the 2025 season.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

However, it doesn't really matter what we want right now because it's going to be four teams through the 2025 season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure hope not. I know there's a "contract" but there sure is a lot of talk about expanding it to 8 teams already. Heck there was even a coaches poll floating around last week. I think the butthurt from the teams left out (who deserve a shot) coupled with the interest and $ generated might be able to get that changed sooner. Just have to offer the $ to the right people.
If Ohio St ends up left out it could be a good thing for expansion with the Big 10 whining about deserving a spot and maybe realizing that the best future opportunity would be more spots available.

Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top