Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 258
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
24 in row...despite the trash talking Louisville players.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who is #1?

Seriously.  Who is #1!?!?!?!

View Quote

Sip?

I'm pretty drunk, but I think it's sip.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's ok, man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I hate FSU and their coach they will win
Petrino can NOT win big games

Lots of teams would LOVE to have him as their coach.

Seriously, how do you win in football at a place like Louisville? The guy is a wizard.

Proof???

Please prove

It's ok, man.

Thank you for your objective evidence
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Little touchy eh?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who is #1?

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is #1?

LOL

TCU!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

TCU!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is #1?

LOL

TCU!!!!

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Whew. Another close one. Louisville's defense is no joke, and Jameis was a pick throwing machine tonight.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#9]
So the NOLES of 2013 win by however many points they want.........the NOLES of 2014 just win.  

Does it matter?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thank you for your objective evidence dick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of teams would LOVE to have him as their coach.

Seriously, how do you win in football at a place like Louisville? The guy is a wizard.

Proof???

Please prove

It's ok, man.

Thank you for your objective evidence dick

I'm doing all I can to muster up a little ar kansas hate, but honestly, if your program fell off the end of the world tomorrow, I don't think anyone would notice.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So the NOLES of 2013 win by however many points they want.........the NOLES of 2014 just win.  

Does it matter?

View Quote

Poor ESPN...our freshman won the game, Jameis is injured, the only caveat was that we did not lose! Poor guys.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Dallas to Dallas is still in play for the NOLES.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whew. Another close one. Louisville's defense is no joke, and Jameis was a pick throwing machine tonight.
View Quote

Probably their most impressive win this year.  Didn't see any panic, they played through the mistakes and big road game pressure.

The Notre Dame game was a nice win, but ND couldn't possibly play any better and still lost when FSU was playing mediocre most of the night which tells me ND is not ready for prime time.

The real test, as I see it will be how FSU closes out the season.  If they can dominate their remaining opponents, should give them the momentum to make some noise in the playoffs, its all about when a team is peaking. So many of the FSU teams of the mid-late 80's and 90's were peaking at the end of the season they had already been bounced by fluke missed field goals or one bad loss.  They have avoided that stinging loss so maybe they start to hit on all cylinders starting now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Probably their most impressive win this year.  Didn't see any panic, they played through the mistakes and big road game pressure.

The Notre Dame game was a nice win, but ND couldn't possibly play any better and still lost when FSU was playing mediocre most of the night which tells me ND is not ready for prime time.

The real test, as I see it will be how FSU closes out the season.  If they can dominate their remaining opponents, should give them the momentum to make some noise in the playoffs, its all about when a team is peaking. So many of the FSU teams of the mid-late 80's and 90's were peaking at the end of the season they had already been bounced by fluke missed field goals or one bad loss.  They have avoided that stinging loss so maybe they start to hit on all cylinders starting now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spotting ANY team 3 turnovers will almost guarantee you a loss...FSU seems to run on drama and being behind. I don't understand it, but that's what they do. I hate them. Because of this phenomena. Can they beat Bama? Sure. Can they beat MSU? sure. Can they beat whoever they play in the final four? Sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Hats off to FSU, that was pretty impressive to go from 21 down to winning by 11.  I don't know how the crab king does it, but when he does he can be flat out ridiculous.  I really don't get the hate 23 games in a row including the championship game is impressive,  something ill never get to see my team do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hats off to FSU, that was pretty impressive to go from 21 down to winning by 11.  I don't know how the crab king does it, but when he does he can be flat out ridiculous.  I really don't get the hate 23 games in a row including the championship game is impressive,  something ill never get to see my team do.
View Quote

There comes a point when no matter how much you may dislike a person or a team you have to finally admit that they are just really good and you respect their talent/play.  For me that was Brett Favre.  Grew up HATING the Packers.  Disliked, really disliked, Favre at first.  Then as I got more "mature" in my sports appreciation I finally just said "That guy is just really good.  In fact, he's great and I got to give him credit".

Lot's of people can shit talk the Noles all they want, but I think for alot of them it comes down realizing they are just a great team that finds ways to win, even when by all other accounts they shouldn't.  That just rubs a lot of people the wrong way I guess.

Dunno, but these Noles are taking years off my life with wins like that.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I knew they were a decent D but they really showed up last night and played their hearts out.

I think they watched a boat load of film on Winston because they read him like a book and broke on almost every throw he made. I swear some of them seemed like they weren't even playing the reciever...just playing the ball.

Those INT's have to end if we want to win an NC.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Does it matter?

View Quote

Seemed to think it did last year with AU...was one of the things you guys were slamming them for...too many close games.

So this year...just winning is good enough. Last year, margin of victory was more important.

Which is it?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
SNIP

They have the best defense in the country, I thought.
View Quote

On paper and they haven't played anybody.

Grantham is a horrible coach when facing quality opponents.
He lives and dies by the blitz and fails to adjust his schemes to the strengths of his players.
Where as Coach Pruitt adjusted his plans to his players and his defense got better throughout the season.
Georgia's defense is much improved from the beginning of the year despite loses in the defense backfield

Only FSU's problems with their O line kept it close until the 4th.
Winston's limited mobility helped the Cards as well.

Last nights game showed how mentally tough FSU's team is the year.
Their coaches and players handled being down by 21 points.
UL players and their coaches failed to handle being up by 21.

Monk
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Seemed to think it did last year with AU...was one of the things you guys were slamming them for...too many close games.

So this year...just winning is good enough. Last year, margin of victory was more important.

Which is it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it matter?

Which is it?

While I was one of those that said they were not THE best team out of the SEC the bottome line is they won.  They won when it counted.  Which made them the team that DESERVED to go to the NC.

Are we the "BEST" team out of the ACC or NCAA?  No, but we are the "WINNINGEST" team.

Yes, just winning is good enough.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#24]
no more kenny trill?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
no more kenny trill?
View Quote

Supposedly Kyle Allen is going to start, which has me a little nervous as well since although he has a cannon arm, he's thrown some picks on bad decisions. Two weeks to practice with the 1s though should help.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
no more kenny trill?
View Quote

Yep.  Everyone is claiming Kyle Allen is getting the start.

IF Kyle is only worse than South Carolina version of Kenny, this might help.  If he's worse than October Kenny, this will continue to be a shit show.

Even if he is fantastic, he can't solve offensive line issues, baffling play calling with our running backs, weird secondary coverage...

Sure, let's get him some playing time.  I don't think it will fix this team's issues though.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
no more kenny trill?
View Quote

Obviously you're mistaken because I was assured after the first game of the season that he was a lock to win the Heisman.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Obviously you're mistaken because I was assured after the first game of the season that he was a lock to win the Heisman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no more kenny trill?

Good lesson in small sample sizes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

no more kenny trill?
View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#32]
quick take-a-way from last night....I'm willing to bet that the last two wins, ND and Louisville, did more for our recruiting potential than winning the NC.  Our team has relied heavily on underclassmen.

There are kids watching the game thinking "I could play, I could START, my freshman year"

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

GTFO Dave
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon is resigning and will not return next school year, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

The university will hold a news conference Friday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. ET.

GTFO Dave

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

I hope that program can hire some real talent and get back on it's feet. It's a shame to see what has become of them of late.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

GTFO Dave
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon is resigning and will not return next school year, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

GTFO Dave

Good.  Asshole annoyed me with his idiotic logic during that college stadium beer piece ESPN ran.

"We don't sell beer because we don't want people to be under the influence at our games."

Right, because not selling beer means no one is sneaking in liqueur.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
GTFO Dave
View All Quotes
Quoted:

GTFO Dave
I will say that I find it disturbing that historical programs like Michigan in such disarray. I feel for their fans, and hopefully with a new AD and HC they can turn the program around.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#36]
DIV II craziness

CALIFORNIA, Pa. –  Five football players from a state university in western Pennsylvania were arrested and suspended from the school after police say they beat and stomped a man outside an off-campus restaurant, then fled yelling "Football strong!" The victim was in intensive care Friday with severe brain trauma.

Police said the California University of Pennsylvania players attacked Lewis Campbell, 30, of West Chester, as he was trying to stop an argument between his girlfriend and a player at about 2 a.m. Thursday.
View Quote

Monk
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
California University of Pennsylvania
View Quote

I've heard of directional schools, but this takes the cake.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

GTFO Dave
View All Quotes
Quoted:

GTFO Dave

One down, about ten more to go.

I'm a diehard tOSU fan and even I hate seeing what's going on up there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#39]
How many points will Agent Muschamp gameplan to lose by tomorrow?

Or even more fucked up, will the Dawgs throw the game on purpose? Our retarded AD would keep Agent Muschamp on if he wins the Hate Week Bowl. So I think that would actually be pretty forward looking of the Dawgs.

Any Georgia fans know if they are planning on retiring Musc's number, for all the great work he has done for yall?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Or even more fucked up, will the Dawgs throw the game on purpose? Our retarded AD would keep Agent Muschamp on if he wins the Hate Week Bowl. So I think that would actually be pretty forward looking of the Dawgs.

Any Georgia fans know if they are planning on retiring Musc's number, for all the great work he has done for yall?
View Quote

It was done for GT's Reggie Ball

Monk
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think this will be the upset of the week...FU is mad/angry at the World and have nothing to lose. Plus, if they beat UGA there are 2 recruits that might head to Tally.

FU 21-20 over UGA

Or....they run up and down the field over Florida like a runaway train.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think this will be the upset of the week...FU is mad/angry at the World and have nothing to lose. Plus, if they beat UGA there are 2 recruits that might head to Tally.

FU 21-20 over UGA

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FU 21-20 over UGA

This is always a close game. Even last year, the record breaking garbage year, it was it was G 23  F 20.

I'm afraid the team will rally with treon starting, to win it. Thats a real shit position to be in. To NOT want your team to win against a rival.  Fucking Agent Muschamp...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
GTFO Dave
View All Quotes
Quoted:

GTFO Dave

+1

Just wish they would have said Hoke was gone too
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

GTFO Dave

+1

I'm sure that's next.  They usually torp the AD first and let the new AD do the search for the coach.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GTFO Dave

+1

I'm sure that's next.  They usually torp the AD first and let the new AD do the search for the coach.

Yeah, no HC wants to get hired by an AD whose on the hot seat, gets fired and then the new AD fires the HC cuz he wants his own legacy.

So yeah, getting rid of Brandon is critical in order to bring in a good coach
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why in the hell would anyone want to make college football more like the NFL by paying the players?
View Quote

I don't think anyone is saying they should get paid like rock stars, but some type of remuneration given how much money they bring in is reasonable.  Even if it's just a set amount.

Personally I think there is something flawed about a system that allows pretty much everyone to make money off these kids except for the kids themselves.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Grantham D's can't tackle for shit and often blow coverages
View Quote

He was absolutely terrible as a defensive coordinator at Georgia, and fans were estatic to see him leave.  Its hard to imagine him being as bad as Willie Martinez, but he just never really loooked like he knew how to scheme against opposing offenses.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He was absolutely terrible as a defensive coordinator at Georgia, and fans were estatic to see him leave. Its hard to imagine him being as bad as Willie Martinez, but he just never really loooked like he knew how to scheme against opposing offenses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Grantham D's can't tackle for shit and often blow coverages

He was absolutely terrible as a defensive coordinator at Georgia, and fans were estatic to see him leave. Its hard to imagine him being as bad as Willie Martinez, but he just never really loooked like he knew how to scheme against opposing offenses.

Yep, Grantham's defense schemes often left the UGA DB's confused as hell which resulted in blown coverages.
I don't know if the schemes were too complex or he simply could not explain them to his players.
He didn't make in game adjustments well and the further Georgia went into the season the worse the defense seemed to play.

Pruitt is a much better coach, the adjustments he made at the half of Clemson game were impressive and the defense have gotten better each week.
Sure the DB's still get beat from time to time but they blow far fewer assignments.

Last night FSU's coaches made the adjustments they needed and players didn't panic and that is why they won despite being down by 21.
Petrino and Grantham didn't.
UL had enough talent to beat FSU, they didn't have the coaches to finish FSU off.

Monk
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#49]
no more kenny trill?
View Quote

I haven't been keeping up with A&M the last couple weeks, but has Hill been that bad?  Is this really the best option for the Aggies?

FU 21-20 over UGA
View Quote

I have mixed feelings about this game.  On one hand, there's no way Florida should be able to stay on the field with Georgia....they have no offense, the team has been in meltdown for several weeks, and are being lead by a coach who won't be there in a month or so.  What they do pose on offense plays right into Georgia's defensive scheme.  On the other hand, this has "trap game" written all over it.  Harris could very well provide an offensive spark, and you know the Florida defense will be motivated.  I would not be surprised at all to see this a low scoring affair, and really think the honest money should be on Florida covering the spread.  This is still a rivalry game, and I have posted this before, never underestimate Georgia's ability to play down to their opponent.

That being said, I still think Florida has a lot more to worry about than Georgia.  No one gave Georgia much of a chance going to Arkansas, but it was 38-6 before halftime.  I didn't give them any shot going to Missouri, and they destroyed them.  Defense has played extremely well the last few weeks, and will be hungry going into this game.  I believe the team knows full well what's at stake, and I belive they will be ready.  Florida may have nothing to lose, but Georgia has everything to gain.  Chubb has looked great, and you can just about bet on him getting 30+ touches.  I still believe the X factor is Mason, though.  Can he carry the team with his arm if Florida is able to shut down the running game?  Fans honestly don't know, but I think he has done a very good job managing the team.  He's not flashy, isn't going to throw for 250+ yards a game, but he does make good decisions.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Cincinnati vs Tulane is booooooooooooooooooooooring and there is nobody in the stands.
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top