Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 258
Posted: 5/29/2014 11:43:14 AM EDT
With only 90 days to go to the start of the new season it's time to put the 2013 thread to bed.

So let's raise a glass and talk some trash!

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a fan of the new logo but...

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The "way too early" top 10.....  Full 25 here

1) FSU
2) Bama
3) Oregon
4) Stanford
5) Auburn
6) Spartans
7) UCLA
8) OU
9) buckeyes
10) LSU

I think I only disagree with maybe two or three of those.  Surprised the gamecocks are ranked as low as they are (13) as I would've put them in the top 10.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Haters gonna hate

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]

WHOOP WHOOP, best thread of 2014 is a go.

SEC rules, your conference drools
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#9]
GEAUX TIGERS!

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

GEAUX TIGERS!

http://i.imgur.com/iWMDco8.gif
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]

All hail the toilet bowl of doom!!!

Speaking of stadiums, I was by Kyle Field last week.

I'm skeptical it will be ready by Sep 6th.

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Top ten finish this year for the Gators,  book it.

An SEC team takes the title. Would like to see Stanford and Oregon in the playoffs.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Let me go ahead get this out of the way for Zhukini:  

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

1) FSU

2) Bama

3) Oregon

4) Stanford

5) Auburn

6) Spartans

7) UCLA

8) OU

9) buckeyes

10) LSU
I think I only disagree with maybe two or three of those.  Surprised the gamecocks are ranked as low as they are (13) as I would've put them in the top 10.
View Quote

Eyeballing the list, based on absolutely no evidence in particular:

Overrated: UCLA, Baylor, Southern Cal, Florida

Underrated: South Carolina, Wisconsin

Surprise no-shows: Oklahoma State, Missouri

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#19]
And I'm going to call it now - the surprise team for this year will be UNC.  

Hopefully.

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

An SEC team takes the title. Would like to see Stanford and Oregon in the playoffs.
View Quote
LOL you're smoking crack. No top 10 for the gators this year.

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) FSU
2) Bama
3) Oregon
4) Stanford
5) Auburn
6) Spartans
7) UCLA
8) OU
9) buckeyes
10) LSU

South Carolina and Wisconsin were both very good last year.  I think the loss of Shaw will hurt them more than the loss of Clowney.  Wisconsin has been underrated for a decade.  You'd never know they were the 2nd winningest team in the big 10 (lately) ahead of Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State.  Their bowl record of late has been bad but they were respectable performances.

Florida is such a wild card, the talent is there just waiting for something to click on offfense.  I know some fans can't wait to ditch Driskel, I'm sure the coach has his reasons for keeping him, however.  My buckeyes kept Bauserman too long and still ended up burning Miller's redshirt to  attempt a season salvage.

OSU is a wild card too, the O-line and secondary was drafted, graduated, or are selling themselves for tattoos and crack rocks.

I'm looking forward to some of the big out of conference games.  Wisconsin and LSU should be a ton of fun to see, I'm not sure how LSU wouldn't be favored by a score or two but props to Wiscy for manning up the schedule bigtime and to LSU for agreeing to meet up north in 2016.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Figures that the Florida State folks are oh-so excited since they're relevant again for the first time in ages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Figures that the Florida State folks are oh-so excited since they're relevant again for the first time in ages.

I was just excited to see that it wasn't that other FSU fan starting this thread...

I was going to boycott until you started "the real one" until I realized it was just Ranger_556
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Shouldnt it be in team forum since he was banned from GD?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#25]
The best games of week one (a  mere 3 months away)

28 August (Thursday)
Texas A&M minus Johnny v. South Carolina minus Clowney
Boise St. v. Ole Miss might be watchable if TAMU/So Car is a blowout ....for the first quarter at least.

Either way it's a good Thursday for football.

29 August
Colorado v. Colorado St. if you're one of the 3 Colorado natives who like NCAAF.

30 August

Clemson v. Georgia
Alabama v. West Virginia
LSU v. Wisconsin
Florida State v. Oklahoma State

Arkansas v. Auburn  (potentially)

Upset Alert:
OSU @ Navy    Big programs with a lot to lose shouldn't schedule triple option type teams for the first game.  At best you win, nobody cares and you blew a lot of practice time preparing for an offense you'll never see again.  At worst, they sneak one by you and nobody will forget.

This could have been very bad...
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was just excited to see that it wasn't that other FSU fan starting this thread...

I was going to boycott until you started "the real one" until I realized it was just Ranger_556
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if I feel insulted or complemented ........

[Doc Holiday] : Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him. [/Doc Holiday]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shouldnt it be in team forum since he was banned from GD?
View Quote

Who caught a GD ban?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#28]
In on ONE...and GO MIZZOU!!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#29]
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#30]
In on page one, and roll tide!

I cannot wait.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

[Doc Holiday] : Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him. [/Doc Holiday]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha...I cant remember who the other guy was....the obnoxious FSU fan.  Just you is good.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Posted by Daylon Mack 5* DT in the last hour after the Kyler Murray commit:

#WeRunThisStateliver  
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hopefully.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hopefully.

I welcome improvement for any team in the ACC. I was impressed with them last year.

Hopefully Louisville brings it this year as well.

Quoted:

Honestly, all gator hate aside (and I have plenty) your coach is a weak link. One bad game is all it takes to derail a season apparently.

You may do well or it's very possible to lose 4-5 games this year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#34]
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Posted by Daylon Mack 5* DT in the last hour after the Kyler Murray commit:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bo1cETaCcAEsRtd.jpg:large

#WeRunThisStateliver  
View Quote

. Awesome.

Recruiting has been damn good this year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#37]
UMD is going to lose so.. whatever.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#38]
+ 1 for the Baylor Bears!
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Gotta get back to being a football school!
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll put a P-Mag on it, if you agree. Gators finish somewhere in the top 10, you mail me a mag. Otherwise, you mail me one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'll put a P-Mag on it, if you agree. Gators finish somewhere in the top 10, you mail me a mag. Otherwise, you mail me one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd take this if you could mail me a 30 rounder
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Honestly, all gator hate aside (and I have plenty) your coach is a weak link. One bad game is all it takes to derail a season apparently.

View Quote

I honestly dont know what to make of it. Lots of rumors from different sources about various aspects. The skill/talent is there. Basically any school that continually recruits top 10 ranked classes has a legitimate shot at the title. I am biased towards SEC teams in that half or more of those top 10 recruiting classes come from SEC teams, which forces them to play at a higher level in general in conference play, because they are facing other top 10 recruited teams.  More battle tested, so to speak. By no means does that mean another team can't make it.  In general though, I think that plays out. The proof is in the pudding.

Supposedly on top of the crazy amount of injuries this past year, the coaching staff had alot of strife/contention between the various positions coaches. This year, almost all of the positions coaches have worked together, and forgive the trite catchphrase, have tons of synergy now.  I think the 1st year (as well as 2nd and 3rd years) musc had to rebuild the mess that Meyer left. If anyone doubts it was a mess, Meyer himself said he left the program broken. The second year, I think musc had a very good run and you really got to see what a strong defensive minded coach could do with a team. 3rd year, new OC, new line coaches, FUCKTON of injuries, supposedly various coach contention/drama. I honestly think it will all come together this year. Lots of talent, coaches that work together, playing to the team's strengths. It'll be a top 10 finish for sure. If not, fuck muschamp.

To place a wager, I think itll be a Pac12 or SEC walking away with it all. Long shot I'd say FSU or Clemson.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I honestly dont know what to make of it. Lots of rumors from different sources about various aspects. The skill/talent is there. Basically any school that continually recruits top 10 ranked classes has a legitimate shot at the title. I am biased towards SEC teams in that half or more of those top 10 recruiting classes come from SEC teams, which forces them to play at a higher level in general in conference play, because they are facing other top 10 recruited teams.  More battle tested, so to speak. By no means does that mean another team can't make it.  In general though, I think that plays out. The proof is in the pudding.

Supposedly on top of the crazy amount of injuries this past year, the coaching staff had alot of strife/contention between the various positions coaches. This year, almost all of the positions coaches have worked together, and forgive the trite catchphrase, have tons of synergy now.  I think the 1st year (as well as 2nd and 3rd years) musc had to rebuild the mess that Meyer left. If anyone doubts it was a mess, Meyer himself said he left the program broken. The second year, I think musc had a very good run and you really got to see what a strong defensive minded coach could do with a team. 3rd year, new OC, new line coaches, FUCKTON of injuries, supposedly various coach contention/drama. I honestly think it will all come together this year. Lots of talent, coaches that work together, playing to the team's strengths. It'll be a top 10 finish for sure. If not, fuck muschamp.

To place a wager, I think itll be a Pac12 or SEC walking away with it all. Long shot I'd say FSU or Clemson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest, I'm not feeling it this year like I was last year. NOLES going Undefeated will be a tall order this year, but I like our shot at making the playoffs.

I just double checked your schedule. I'll say that you are losing at least three games. Bama at Bama? FSU at FSU?  

I think the real question is this: what is the "red line" for Muschamp to lose his job? And if he gets close to that mid season does he lose focus and have the whole season go to shit like last year?

Honestly, I don't think he's your guy. They should start looking elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Long shot I'd say FSU or Clemson.
View Quote

Anyone suggesting Clemson has a shot at the whole thing has no clue about Clemson this year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

To be honest, I'm not feeling it this year like I was last year. NOLES going Undefeated will be a tall order this year, but I like our shot at making the playoffs.

I just double checked your schedule. I'll say that you are losing at least three games. Bama at Bama? FSU at FSU?  

I think the real question is this: what is the "red line" for Muschamp to lose his job? And if he gets close to that mid season does he lose focus and have the whole season go to shit like last year?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, acouple projections I've read already have us at #1 for hardest schedule...

I think that a loss to either Georgia or FSU and Will is gone. Last year that wasnt the case (even though I thought it would be) because of his contract. UF would have eaten too much firing him last year. Which was fucking stupid, whoever set up the contract is a godamned retard. Guaranteed high pay for shit records is stupid... I think even a single loss to a rival this year and he's gone. The only mitigation would be if we get into the playoffs. Losing to either Georgia or FSU, but still getting into the playoffs, he keeps his job. Losing to Georgia or FSU and not getting into the playoffs = he's gone.

Fucking sucks. There are 3 FSU dudes in my office. I've been talking constant shit to them for the past couple years. The year before last was awesome when we beat them @ Doak when everyone was saying we were gonna get beat into the ground. I printed out gator stuff and pasted it all over their cubes. They were more gracious to me this past year... by far.  I cant have another losing year though.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Long shot I'd say FSU or Clemson.

Anyone suggesting Clemson has a shot at the whole thing has no clue about Clemson this year.

I'm simply going off of past performance. I have no idea what has gone on since the end of last year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm simply going off of past performance. I have no idea what has gone on since the end of last year.
View Quote

Sammie Watkins and Tajh Boyd are gone.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Roll Tide!
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top