Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/22/2014 9:39:03 AM EDT
The Obama Administration agrees with the MEXICANS!!!!!!!!

They think any veteran-- ESPECIALLY one who's been diagnosed with PTSD- should have his guns confiscated.

Mexico is just doing what Obama, Kerry, Schumer, Feinstein and the whole lot would do if they could.

Or?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Their country, their rules.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No. . . . this is not the point at all.  The guy got caught in the wrong traffic lane; he showed them where the guns were; he explained the mistake; he called 911 and asked for help.

Are you saying he should be in jail under these circumstances?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Or lay off the kook-aid.

It can be handled by the consulate.  He also attempted to escape which didn't endear him to the authorities.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're like a slot machine that's paying off.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
He had plenty of opportunities to get the fuck off the road. You don't just magically make it into Mexico on accident.

Still, I hope he gets home soon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He also attempted to escape which didn't endear him to the authorities.
View Quote

That too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Veterans are no more special than anyone else. Why should they get special treatment.

Sick of this "Veteran not allowed to hang flag outside window at condo complex" and similar crap.

Play stupid games, win stupid prices. And stop w/ the special snowflake BS.

But beyond that, what exactly is your point? Where are you going with this? GMOs? Chemtrails? Reptilians?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#9]
People get screwed over for inadvertently bringing "contraband" into Mexico.

They've fucked people over for having a couple of spent shells in the bed.   This case is nothing new.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Or lay off the kook-aid.

It can be handled by the consulate.  He also attempted to escape which didn't endear him to the authorities.
View Quote

I kind of can not blame him....

a white guy in a Mexican prison will suffer constant rape, torture and beating a the hands of the Mexican nationals...

not to mention potentially the guards.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He had plenty of opportunities to get the fuck off the road. You don't just magically make it into Mexico on accident.

Still, I hope he get a home soon.
View Quote

Yep. I would have pulled off the road instead of crossing the border.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

there is a bridge in El Paso TX that once you go past a certain point that is like 1/2 mile away from the border there Is no place to turn around.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Well, I think everything I was going to say was covered.

Last one turn off the lights.  Going back to the VA thread.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Veterans are no more special than anyone else. Why should they get special treatment.

Sick of this "Veteran not allowed to hang flag outside window at condo complex" and similar crap.

But beyond that, what exactly is your point? Where are you going with this? GMOs? Chemtrails? Reptilians?
View Quote

That view is only held by a small minority in this country so why don't you just STFU.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No. . . . this is not the point at all.  The guy got caught in the wrong traffic lane; he showed them where the guns were; he explained the mistake; he called 911 and asked for help.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.   Kind of.   I mean, in a just world what he did wouldn't be illegal.   But in the world in which we live, the combination of errors was practically begging to be put there.

Fessing up, admitting, and helping to incriminate yourself wins you NO brownie points with cops.  Mexican or otherwise.   He compounded his initial, understandable mistake with a MONUMENTALLY stupid mistake when he did that.

Dude should have broken every traffic law on the books before going into Mexico with that stuff.   Failing that, he should have kept his trap shut.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

there is a bridge in El Paso TX that once you go past a certain point that is like 1/2 mile away from the border there Is no place to turn around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can still come into contact with American border guards before making it into Mexico.  You do whatever the fuck you have to in order to get out of the situation.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Greta on Fox has been doing specials on this and she went down there to show how you how easily you can drive into Mexico. The lanes are all screwed up with cement barriers in each row with only one turn out on the far left lane. He was in the right lane trying to get over but the cement barriers went all the way down so there was now way he could have turned around. She drove the route and you could see how screwed up it was plus the signs make it confusing. I truly believe he got screwed with the way its setup down there.

Also Mexico knows he accidentally drove into Mexico the only reason why they are holding him is for a bargaining chip for something thats why Kerry is headed down there. I guarnatee you its to make a deal behind the scenes and we probably won't hear about it on the news.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#18]
It's been established that once you make this easy-to-make wrong turn with signs that have grafitti all over them, there is no way to get back unless you cross the border first.

Justice should be blind, but not stupid.  Zero tolerance is about as far from justice as you can get.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can still come into contact with American border guards before making it into Mexico.  You do whatever the fuck you have to in order to get out of the situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop the car on the middle of the bridge, put your emergency flashers on, and let the nice American cops deal with you.   Getting a ticket is better than winding up in Mexican jail.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I would hope that my country would got to bat for me under these circumstances no matter.   The fact that he is a vet has no particular bearing except to show that the .gov in fact doesn't hold vets in any more regard than it does the average joe.

At this point the Prez could pick up the phone, have one of his guys talk to his Mexican counter part and this could all go away. Bring him back here and charge him with a crime if that makes things easier, but at least get him back on US soil.  

I'm not one to opine on how things were different/better in the "old days" but shit like used to cause an international incident. Now....meh..

Put this together with the VA crap and a narrative is in the making.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah if you are cognitive that you need to turn around and that the Mexican guards wont let you turn around but it is easy to get turned around and go "to far" I did it as a young man and I grew up in El Paso...

thank god they just let me turn around.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, happened to a guy from Birmingham a few years back. He was in the slammer for some months.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Obama called the Mexican president and tried to get the veteran released

Obama: If you release the veteran, I will release 36,007 of your Mexicans from our jails.

Enrique: I saw on Fox News that you're releasing them anyway

Obama: Damn O'Reilly... Anyways, nice talking to you Enrique, I'm gonna pull over now and play catch with some kids at a baseball field.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've driven into Mexico a few times.  There is no doubt you're approaching the border.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#25]
If you did this on the peace bridge into Canada does anybody think you'd end up in a Canadian jail?  Seems like the Mexicans went a little over board....
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Obama: If you release the veteran, I will release 36,007 of your Mexicans from our jails.

Obama: Damn O'Reilly... Anyways, nice talking to you Enrique, I'm gonna pull over now and play catch with some kids at a baseball field.
View Quote
LULZ

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Trying to find the second part where Greta drives the route.

Here's the first part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI3TBDa0NkY
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do libertarians hate the military so much?
M
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LULZ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LULZ

I wonder what percentage of those people are even Mexican citizens rather than various central/south American nationals.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
lol the jelly

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I heard his mom today on Glenn Beck. Evidently he was parked a block from the border. He simply made a left when he should have made a right. Next thing he knew he was in Mexico. Mexican border guards tried to turn him around. The Mexican military working there made the arrest.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Stop your damn car. Put it in park. Turn off engine. BAM! border not crossed
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I heard his mom today on Glenn Beck. Evidently he was parked a block from the border. He simply made a left when he should have made a right. Next thing he knew he was in Mexico. Mexican border guards tried to turn him around. The Mexican military working there made the arrest.
View Quote

How can a Marine be that directionally challenged?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they tried to turn him around, why didn't he turn around???
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Dude attempted to escape after they took him into custody.  Jumped a fence, climbed onto a rooftop, surrendered after they opened fire on him.

Not saying I blame him, but that might have something to do with the Mexicans being peeved enough to hold him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sometimes I think you just try to post the stupidest thing that you can imagine.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've driven into Mexico a few times.  There is no doubt you're approaching the border.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

see the two red lines... between them there is not place too turn around and for the longest time the sign saying "This way to Juarez" was very small

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess that's why the Navy drives the ships?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

see the two red lines... between them there is not place too turn around and for the longest time the sign saying "This way to Juarez" was very small

<a href="http://s10.photobucket.com/user/mauser348/media/cantturnaround_zpsf873387c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/cantturnaround_zpsf873387c.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s10.photobucket.com/user/mauser348/media/cantturnaround_zpsf873387c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/cantturnaround_zpsf873387c.jpg</a>

Stop the car anyways.   The cops will help you make a way to turn around.   You won't even have to call them once a nice traffic jam gets going.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Stop the car anyways.   The cops will help you make a way to turn around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop the car anyways.   The cops will help you make a way to turn around.

that is only if you realize that they wont let you turn around.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Again I know nothing of this part of San Diego. His mom claimed that the first sign you saw was "Bienvenidos  a Mexico."  No USBP checkpoint, No 100yards to the Mexican border, no flashing lights or anything.

If you declare something to customs as he did you shouldn't be imprisoned. There was no intent to smuggle guns.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Again I know nothing of this part of San Diego. His mom claimed that the first sign you saw was "Bienvenidos  a Mexico."  No USBP checkpoint, No 100yards to the Mexican border, no flashing lights or anything.

If you declare something to customs as he did you shouldn't be imprisoned. There was no intent to smuggle guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Until you try and escape like he did I guess?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And its not hard to end up on that bridge if its your first time through the area during heavy trafic
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dude attempted to escape after they took him into custody.  Jumped a fence, climbed onto a rooftop, surrendered after they opened fire on him.

Not saying I blame him, but that might have something to do with the Mexicans being peeved enough to hold him.
View Quote

If he has the cojones to do that why not stop the car, put it in park, and start walking back towards the US? It is common knowledge that if you try to enter Mexico with so much as a spent case that you are going to prison.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course, this is also very true.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

I hope you still feel this way when the inevitable beat down comes for your prolific trolling...
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#48]
It's hard to know what he was thinking/doing without actually being in the vehicle with him.  I think he got confused and couldn't get in the proper lane.

What I do know is I wish there was a  20' high 10' thick wall going from one end of the Mexican/US border to the other with only one entrance point.  I detest everything about that shithole country.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Stop your damn car. Put it in park. Turn off engine. BAM! border not crossed
View Quote

Yep.  Find a nice place to eat and enjoy a really good meal.  Make some phone calls.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/cantturnaround_zpsf873387c.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/cantturnaround_zpsf873387c.jpg

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Again
I know nothing of this part of San Diego. His mom claimed that the
first sign you saw was "Bienvenidos  a Mexico."  No USBP checkpoint, No
100yards to the Mexican border, no flashing lights or anything.

This is what it looks like going down the highway into Mexico.  There are multiple signs like this.  The Marine is either lying or mentally challenged.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top