Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Despite expectations of eloquence, I'm tired, I'm finally succumbing to the cold I held off while in Indianapolis and I'm just generally cranky.  So here goes blunt honesty instead:

Tim was a financially successful businessman with plans to launch a new venture in Colorado. He was courted by the local Republicans and could easily have pursued a shoe-in career in local politics.  He had a wife and a young son who loved and needed him.  After the 2013 assault on our rights, when just about every other big-talking sonofabitch in the state sat on their thumbs looking perplexed and hurt, Tim had a conversation with James about recall and then he ran with it.  

That's great "inside cover text".  Now here's what that means in practical terms.

His family did without him entirely for days if not weeks on end because he lives in the southwest corner of our state, on the other side of the Rockies, and he drove six to eight hours each direction on a regular basis because he needed to look people in the eye when rallying support, meeting legislators and securing allies.  He didn't bitch about it, he just did it.  After doing that for 9 months, though, he nearly fucking died (Tim, apologies if this embarrasses you).  His body pretty much shut down.  His back was on its way to being wrecked, his kidneys had just about failed.  He had several surgeries and was in the hospital for a month after our victory party.  So while the local "defenders of liberty" were falling over each other to take credit for the recalls, Tim was a little busy trying not to die from exhaustion.

The business he was going to start to provide for his family and employ fellow Coloradans?  Yeah, that didn't happen because he was too fucking busy pushing back for our rights.  The bankroll he started with?  Buh-bye.  He personally put a six-digit sum into the fight on top of what ARFCom and others donated to keep the recall movement afloat and legally defended.  His potential political career in Colorado?  Yeah, right.  That bridge was not only burned, it was vaporized because he told the Republicans that they were gutless, honorless bastards and that doing their job for them was more important to him than being their vassal.

He didn't care about credit.  He shied away from the cameras and media until after the recalls succeeded.  He worked with people he knew hated him and talked shit behind his back and he did it with tact, diplomacy and a goofy smile because all that mattered was doing the right thing and delivering a win for personal liberty when the whole fucking country needed one.  

So I think about what I know and I imagine him sitting on the board of a national group with five million members.  I picture what he might be able to accomplish in terms of reclaiming lost ground and inspiring people to get up and act, even if they need to do it on their own time and own dime.  I've said it before in other threads and this is a perfect place to say it again.  The NRA is powerful but slow and lumbering.  It needs new leadership that is more nimble and, frankly, more fucking pissed off and driven.  We need people like Tim to lead an offense and not just do reactionary damage control.  He's got my vote, he's got my wife's vote and we're reaching out to every voting member when know to secure theirs as well.
View Quote

Wow. I have no words. Literally.

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
1. My apologies if this has already been addressed, but what is the deadline for us returning signed petitions to you, OP?

2. I've posted in the SC Hometown Forum, but I'll say it again here--if you are anywhere in the Upstate (between Columbia and the mountains), PM me and I will bring the petition to you to sign.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1. My apologies if this has already been addressed, but what is the deadline for us returning signed petitions to you, OP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mid September on the return. I think I mailed you a petition, if you don't get it in a week, let me know and I will mail you another.

Quoted:
2. I've posted in the SC Hometown Forum, but I'll say it again here--if you are anywhere in the Upstate (between Columbia and the mountains), PM me and I will bring the petition to you to sign.

The SC in my screen name is there for a reason. But I am not likely to be in SC until Thanksgiving. Your support and that of others here is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Mid September on the return. I think I mailed you a petition, if you don't get it in a week, let me know and I will mail you another.

The SC in my screen name is there for a reason. But I am not likely to be in SC until Thanksgiving. Your support and that of others here is much appreciated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha--I figured it was for Southern Colorado.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I just opened up a box of awesome... Thanks Tim!
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Post a picture of the front of the awesomeness! The captains patch is the best. Shirt built for a tussle ....... Thank you for all of your help sir!

Edit to show what I wanted him to post: His was personalized for him as he helped me set up the website and a few other projects coming soon.

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Two printed and ready to go. I know a couple of guys I can get to sign. Just gotta catch them...

Oh yeah...blue or black ink?

(That sounds suspiciously like beans or no beans, doesn't it? )
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Black ink I would say, but I don't think they would ding me for some blue.

Yeah and careful with that, as I was thinking the same thing, beans, no beans.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Post a picture of the front of the awesomeness! The captains patch is the best. Shirt built for a tussle ....... Thank you for all of your help sir!

Edit to show what I wanted him to post: His was personalized for him as he helped me set up the website and a few other projects coming soon.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/DurangoSig/3caae24d828b19d4f3891deb03e6c90e.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/DurangoSig/3caae24d828b19d4f3891deb03e6c90e.jpg

As requested (sorry, it's been a hectic few days)...

This is how I set up all my jerseys when I photograph them.

I was floored when I saw the personalization on the back. My last name isn't exactly short, is not easy to spell (and it was spelled correctly!), and every letter costs money when doing jerseys!

Thanks again, Tim - looking forward to working with you on the other great projects!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As requested (sorry, it's been a hectic few days)...

This is how I set up all my jerseys when I photograph them.

http://i.imgur.com/fixNL92.jpg

I was floored when I saw the personalization on the back. My last name isn't exactly short, is not easy to spell (and it was spelled correctly!), and every letter costs money when doing jerseys!

Thanks again, Tim - looking forward to working with you on the other great projects!
View Quote

No worries brother, I know you have been busy. Hope all is well. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To be a voting member you must be
- life or 5+ consecutive years member yes
- 18+ yrs oldyes
- US citizenyes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there an age limit on signing the petition form?  I ask because my three children are all LMs but are young.

Regardless, you have my vote and support and my wife's (also a LM) as well.  And sincere prayers for your success in this effort.
To be a voting member you must be
- life or 5+ consecutive years member yes
- 18+ yrs oldyes
- US citizenyes
IN yes
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:33:36 AM EDT
[#12]
5 signatures collected so far, should be able to lock down another 3 for sure.  I'll also asking my customers that come in to pick up transfers if they are voting members and ask them to sign too.  That's how I got another signature today!
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
5 signatures collected so far, should be able to lock down another 3 for sure.  I'll also asking my customers that come in to pick up transfers if they are voting members and ask them to sign too.  That's how I got another signature today!
View Quote

Like button Thank You!
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:00:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Went to the mail box today and got a few signatures..... Need a ton more, but I have to start somewhere and you guys are really helping, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Despite expectations of eloquence, I'm tired, I'm finally succumbing to the cold I held off while in Indianapolis and I'm just generally cranky.  So here goes blunt honesty instead:

Tim was a financially successful businessman with plans to launch a new venture in Colorado. He was courted by the local Republicans and could easily have pursued a shoe-in career in local politics.  He had a wife and a young son who loved and needed him.  After the 2013 assault on our rights, when just about every other big-talking sonofabitch in the state sat on their thumbs looking perplexed and hurt, Tim had a conversation with James about recall and then he ran with it.  

That's great "inside cover text".  Now here's what that means in practical terms.

His family did without him entirely for days if not weeks on end because he lives in the southwest corner of our state, on the other side of the Rockies, and he drove six to eight hours each direction on a regular basis because he needed to look people in the eye when rallying support, meeting legislators and securing allies.  He didn't bitch about it, he just did it.  After doing that for 9 months, though, he nearly fucking died (Tim, apologies if this embarrasses you).  His body pretty much shut down.  His back was on its way to being wrecked, his kidneys had just about failed.  He had several surgeries and was in the hospital for a month after our victory party.  So while the local "defenders of liberty" were falling over each other to take credit for the recalls, Tim was a little busy trying not to die from exhaustion.

The business he was going to start to provide for his family and employ fellow Coloradans?  Yeah, that didn't happen because he was too fucking busy pushing back for our rights.  The bankroll he started with?  Buh-bye.  He personally put a six-digit sum into the fight on top of what ARFCom and others donated to keep the recall movement afloat and legally defended.  His potential political career in Colorado?  Yeah, right.  That bridge was not only burned, it was vaporized because he told the Republicans that they were gutless, honorless bastards and that doing their job for them was more important to him than being their vassal.

He didn't care about credit.  He shied away from the cameras and media until after the recalls succeeded.  He worked with people he knew hated him and talked shit behind his back and he did it with tact, diplomacy and a goofy smile because all that mattered was doing the right thing and delivering a win for personal liberty when the whole fucking country needed one.  

So I think about what I know and I imagine him sitting on the board of a national group with five million members.  I picture what he might be able to accomplish in terms of reclaiming lost ground and inspiring people to get up and act, even if they need to do it on their own time and own dime.  I've said it before in other threads and this is a perfect place to say it again.  The NRA is powerful but slow and lumbering.  It needs new leadership that is more nimble and, frankly, more fucking pissed off and driven.  We need people like Tim to lead an offense and not just do reactionary damage control.  He's got my vote, he's got my wife's vote and we're reaching out to every voting member when know to secure theirs as well.
View Quote

It's always a pleasure to see you post.  I appreciate your realness.

I will be voting for Mr. Knight.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's always a pleasure to see you post.  I appreciate your realness.

I will be voting for Mr. Knight.
View Quote

Always happy to oblige .  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Some signature are staring to trickle in. Thank you all and if you have a few please send them along. I need to get an idea of what my count is.

Without your support I could not do this, I am humbled ....
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#18]
bump
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I will be mailing a form with 7 signatures today.  I was hoping for more, but I will just print out a new form for any more I collect.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I will be mailing a form with 7 signatures today.  I was hoping for more, but I will just print out a new form for any more I collect.
View Quote

Thank you very much sir!
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Little less than half way now. I am hitting a few gun shows and will make a habit of doing it the future as well. Can't know what the members are thinking unless you are making eye contact. So into the deep end. And thank you all for your continued support. Keep them coming ..... I need to well clear the goal to be safe.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:51:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I enjoyed meeting folks at the Tanner Gun Show in Denver this last weekend.

Surprised at how many people, gun people, had never heard of the Colorado recalls. Some people did not care, I expected that.

I was able to get about 60 signatures from voting members over the 2 days. I imagine about 40 of them are valid. Their is something to the card carrying member thing. I never thought this was going to be an easy road, and I need a good margin so I am now off in seek of more voting members.

And so member don't think I am entitled, lazy or don't want this, I am very willing to travel gun shows in other states ..... So I am now looking at hitting some shows in August and September. The least I can do is stand and ask for support, take the heat and show that I really think I can make a difference. Even if I get on the board and get the internal nomination next time, I will still travel and take the heat from the members as long as I remain on board. I really respect the few board members that also get a "nomination by petition as well," they want to stay connected yo the members (you can have both: nomination committee and petition).

And thank you for all of your support, I will take all of the help I can get.  I was under no Illusion that I did not have to earn this, glad to.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:54:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Signed Doc's petition here in PDX.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Someone tell me where I can sign.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Signed Doc's petition here in PDX.
View Quote

Doc is a brother from another mother and thank you for your support.

Perhaps we can meet the next time I am in PDX? Looking forward to a visit right after the NRA  annual meeting in April to celebrate my 45th birthday and maybe something else.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Someone tell me where I can sign.
View Quote

Drop me an IM with your address and I will mail it right to ya. Every vote counts and I will drop a postage paid envelope for the return as well.

This applies to anyone reading this, you just have to be a life member or have an unbroken membership since 2008 (you can call the NRA to check, they won't tell me. Ask "am I voting member ?").  Just IM me your mailing address and I will drop you a packet. Even for one signature ..... And you can get others to sign it if they are handy. I can look up members numbers if all the other data is exactly (full name and address) as it is recorded in the NRA records. Monthly magazine and membership cards are a sure reference.

Thank you all for the support

Please visit my website www.knight4nra.com

I was stupid enough to put my life on line, but I wanted people to know I am a real person. Website will get tuned in November for the 2015 vote WHEN I get in the ballot.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#27]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#28]
And, hey, if anyone is in the Boulder/Longmont area, I've got a petition that I've been collecting on.  If we can't find a mutual place to meet, I'll drive it to you.  Heading down to Durango to give them to Tim in person on 8/2 so anytime before then is good.  Just IM me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Black ink I would say, but I don't think they would ding me for some blue.

Yeah and careful with that, as I was thinking the same thing, beans, no beans.
View Quote

Crap...

I write all my things in Green ink.

Do I need to send in another?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Just put one sheet back in the mail to you. Only got three, but all are gtg. I have one more blank form to try to snag more with.

Oh, yea...

I used black ink.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't have any legal paper but just checked and it looks like Staples will print a copy for ~10 cents. I'm the only life member I know so it'll only have one signature on it.

ETA: just posted in my hometown forum maybe we can get a couple members together.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I write all my things in Green ink.
Do I need to send in another?
View Quote

I will call and ask, but sticking to blue and black would be ideal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't have any legal paper but just checked and it looks like Staples will print a copy for ~10 cents. I'm the only life member I know so it'll only have one signature on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you.

Quoted:
ETA: just posted in my hometown forum maybe we can get a couple members together.

Excellent!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
       http://tim-knight-3khw.squarespace.com/

link to the petition is on this page.

View Quote

Downloaded and will print, sign and send!

Thanks and good luck OP!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazing.

I'm sold on the guy 100%.

Let's get him on the board.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Printing the nomination form now.

This life member stands behind you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I've cross posted this in a couple other places, hopefully we can drive traffic - and most importantly, signatures.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Amazing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazing.

I am humbled by his words and your support. The NRA is not perfect, but I can make a difference.
Hey why not come to the annual meeting in Nashville in early April next year and share a drink with me, open offer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you sir! See you in Nashville?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#40]
So the tour continues, to show you and other fellow NRA members that I am serious about both my run for the board & injecting some grassroots success into the NRA.

I am traveling to the following gun shows to earn it. Making final plans now.

Aug 16th - 17th, 2014Dixie Charlotte Gun & Knife ShowCharlotte, NC
Aug 30th - 31st, 2014Phoenix Gun Show  Phoenix, AZ
Sep 20th - 21st, 2014HGCA Gun ShowHouston, TX

So if anyone is in the area stop by and say hi. Love to meet ARCOMers.
Adult beverages immediately following all Saturday dates. Join me!

I will have a booth and collect signatures. Looking members in the eye and really campaging for my seat at the table.
I will continue to do this as long as I remain on the board (if I am able to get on) at shows all over the country.

- Tim

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubt it. But if you are ever in the Philadelphia area shoot me an IM. I'd be honored to meet you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#42]
You have my signature and my vote. And I am sharing with fellow NRA member who are not ARFcommers.....
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#43]
My form will be in the mail this afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#44]
You have my vote!

Thanks for all you did for Colorado.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Bump for a thank you.....

The founders of the Colorado recall movement wanted to thank the socioeconomic and Lliberty engine that ARFCOM has become. So we framed up a Free Colorado flag for there new store. I flew down to Dallas to help them unwrap it today. Thank you does not begin to cut it, but to all of those who made a difference we thank you and will continue to do so in person every chance we get. Inscribed below the flag it reads (Keith C wrote it).

Without AR15.com, there would have been no recalls in Colorado. It was where we met, organized and recruited. When we were out of money and abandoned by "conservatives", its members opened their wallets to sustain us. It gave us the help -and hope - we needed to see the job through and we will always be grateful. We hope you will accept this token of our appreciation and smile at the knowledge that the stick we jammed in the eye of gun control had a BFL branded on it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Awesome. Keith has a way with words.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine should be in the mail tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Tim, I just wanted to let you know that not only will my boss and I be signing your petition but we are going to put it out in the store for others to sign. I am posting it on the shop's Facebook page this morning. It's due to go up in a half hour.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#50]
In.  IM sent.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top