Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet is to just bend over and prepare yourself to get fucked by the long dick of the law.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
NO, you can not. Just take your beating like a man, and move on.
Dont bother going to court either, the false report will sink you, and the lawyer fees will be more than the hospital bill.

IF you did defend yourself from a psycho abusive cop, beat his ass and get away. I would suggest going to the PD and reporting the incident.
So when they do come to arrest you, and they will ...1) it will look better for you in court that you turned yourself in, and 2) they dont have to come to your house and shoot your dog, wife, neighbor
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dont bother going to court either, the false report will sink you, and the lawyer fees will be more than the hospital bill.

IF you did defend yourself from a psycho abusive cop, beat his ass and get away. I would suggest going to the PD and reporting the incident.
So when they do come to arrest you, and they will ...1) it will look better for you in court that you turned yourself in, and 2) they dont have to come to your house and shoot your dog, wife, neighbor
View Quote

Bruce Sons, Bakersfield, California
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes If you live to tell the tale of the ass whooping you put on a cop.....Maybe.

Cops these days are quick to shoot first ( use deadly force )  for about any perceived threat.
View Quote

Quick to shoot first, my ass.  Until 1986, police could, and often did legally shoot fleeing suspected felon's with few or no consequences. Garner V. Tenn. put narrow restrictions on the use of deadly force. You are much, much less likely to be shot by police "these days".

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You can...

This is one of those instances of you can beat the charges but you won't beat the ride.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The problem is, by the time it was known that it was justified, it would probably be nothing more than a settlement for the family that was left behind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can in Georgia against unlawful arrest. No, I'm not going to google it for you.

The problem is, by the time it was known that it was justified, it would probably be nothing more than a settlement for the family that was left behind.

Which is why trying to out-stupid the stupid on the side of the road is a BAD idea.

And before you try something really really stupid, you better know the laws of your state.  Some states allow resistance under certain circumstances, others under no circumstances.

For example in CA.

Penal Code Section 834a

If a person has knowledge, or by the exercise of reasonable care, should have knowledge, that he is being arrested by a peace officer, it is the duty of such person to refrain from using force or any weapon to resist such arrest.

(Added by Stats. 1957, Ch. 2147.)

Nothing in there about a bad arrest, an illegal arrest, mistaken identity., etc, so on and so forth.  Resisting is not available.  Get it taken care of after the fact.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x486709645/Bruce-Sons-case-timeline

I'm in Bakersfield now. White oakie trash town.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, make yourself at home!  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quick to shoot first, my ass.  Until 1986, police could, and often did legally shoot fleeing suspected felon's with few or no consequences. Garner V. Tenn. put narrow restrictions on the use of deadly force. You are much, much less likely to be shot by police "these days".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes If you live to tell the tale of the ass whooping you put on a cop.....Maybe.

Cops these days are quick to shoot first ( use deadly force )  for about any perceived threat.

And that's a fact that will be ignored by GD.  Decades ago, we had an officer with nearly 40 legitimate uses of deadly force in the line of duty.  Shit's named after the guy and he was feared and respected by the criminal element.  He really would rather shoot you than look at you.  I talked to an old retired cop (oldest surviving cop from my agency, also a WWII vet) who was a rookie and worked with that particular officer some.  He, the retiree, is hard as nails and makes us younger guys and our new ways of policing look like pacifist by comparison and even he looks like a pacifist in comparison to our well known shooter.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a guy from Nevada living in a trailer fits right in.  Got it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
With all the LEO abusing their powers in the news lately, at what point can you defend yourself?  Like the guy who told the cop 'Fuck you' and the cop pushed him over a car and started beating on him.

The guy getting handcuffed for not showing a DL, showed a military ID instead, on his front porch and filming the incident.

Im being serious, yes I know its GD, but seriously at what point can you fight back?  Or can you? What if the abuse of power was being filmed?
View Quote

Here you can resist an illegal arrest.
Best to fight it in court not on the street.
Back up officers wont know that your resisting a illegal arrest and are going to help out the officer in need of help.
Could be real ugly.

Lots of these "LEO abusing their powers are not what the media try to make it.
Not that there aren't dirty cops out there, just no where as many as GD likes to pretend there are.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#13]
They usually charge you with resisting or assault anyway.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Remember this scene from Braveheart. How well did it go for him?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#15]
You fight, you lose...

They have a badge and you don't

Suck it up, let them do their thing and if they're at fault, sue...

For ALOT
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Cameras will continue to get smaller and cheaper.  In several years, they will be unnoticeable and ubiquitous.  Prepare to see and be seen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Back up officers wont know that your resisting a illegal arrest and are going to help out the officer in need of help.
Could be real ugly.

Not that there aren't dirty cops out there, just no where as many as GD likes to pretend there are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With all the LEO abusing their powers in the news lately, at what point can you defend yourself?  Like the guy who told the cop 'Fuck you' and the cop pushed him over a car and started beating on him.

The guy getting handcuffed for not showing a DL, showed a military ID instead, on his front porch and filming the incident.

Im being serious, yes I know its GD, but seriously at what point can you fight back?  Or can you? What if the abuse of power was being filmed?

Could be real ugly.

This 100%. Assholes in every profession, unfortunately for LEO only the bad ones make headlines. Take the ride and have your day in court. Fighting with the Police will NOT end well in any situation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Some of your mental masturbations disturb me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not in Oildale.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cameras will continue to get smaller and cheaper.  In several years, they will be unnoticeable and ubiquitous.  Prepare to see and be seen.
View Quote

I am totally for cops having them. They shall be tamper proof. The officer shall be audited randomly and periodically. Don't like it find another job.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You can in Georgia against unlawful arrest. No, I'm not going to google it for you.
View Quote

Same in Texas.

And I'm not looking it up either.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#22]
"Can you defend yourself against LE?"

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not in Oildale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not in Oildale.

You in one of the trailer parks off Hwy 58 in Green Acres?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facts have no place in GD.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You in one of the trailer parks off Hwy 58 in Green Acres?
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#26]
As a man who was once unlawfully arrested, I contend that it is much easier, cheaper, and a generally better idea to let the office step on his dick on the scene.  Fight it in court, not on the side of the road.  Physically disagreeing with a police officer will really never result in a positive outcome.  

In my case, I was exceptionally polite through the whole process.  Jail sucks, but it would've sucked a lot more with some broken bones, missing teeth, or a bullet hole.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am totally for cops having them. They shall be tamper proof. The officer shall be audited randomly and periodically. Don't like it find another job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But no guns.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#28]
You go to court after the fact if you believe you've been wronged.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And that's a fact that will be ignored by GD.  Decades ago, we had an officer with nearly 40 legitimate uses of deadly force in the line of duty.  Shit's named after the guy and he was feared and respected by the criminal element.  He really would rather shoot you than look at you.  I talked to an old retired cop (oldest surviving cop from my agency, also a WWII vet) who was a rookie and worked with that particular officer some.  He, the retiree, is hard as nails and makes us younger guys and our new ways of policing look like pacifist by comparison and even he looks like a pacifist in comparison to our well known shooter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you afraid to post his name?
Are his 40 DF shoots a double probationary secret?
Why bother posting all of that if you're not going to finish the story?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I have not read any other posts besides the OP, so am sure it has already been covered but...

Sure you can, you will die, but sure you can. In any situation short of a LEO straight up trying to murder you, it is best to just bend over and let the courts work it out.

Hell even if a LEO tries to murder you, there still is no winning. Assuming you survive the initial attempt on your life (unlikely as most people are not going to think "gee, that officer of the law is trying to murder me" until he or she is firing on you) you then need to survive his or hers friends and colleges responding to the incident and not getting summarily executed killed while resisting arrest. Then finally you need to spend tens of millions of dollars to defend your self and still risk ending up with a needle in your arm. It is a nightmare scenario.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Seriously?  I know GD has sunk to new lows as of late, but holding those two worthless human beings up as examples of how to get away with killing cops?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Seriously?  I know GD has sunk to new lows as of late, but holding those two worthless human beings up as examples of how to get away with killing cops?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Depends if the cops really did just come in guns blazing. Looks like they had a warrant. I got to do more reading on these guys.
If it happend in 2006 shouldn't there be audio and video recordings in the cop car?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#33]
technically yes

practically, no
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I THINK IN Arizona there was scumbag who broke into a  couples house, husband held him at gunpoint while the wife called 911 she gave a full description of the husband explained to the operator that the husband had him at gunpoint and she would meet the cop in front of the house.
Cop shows up at the house she tells the cop her husband has the guy at gunpoint and gives description of her husband and the cop goes into the house see the guy with a gun he take out  his gun and shot the husband 6 times husband is yelling at the cop he is the husband and to stop shooting at him, I think the husband got on the phone and told the operator to tell the cop to stop shooting The husband never fired a shot at the cop, The cop dumped 2 mags at the guy i think.At the end the guy is paralyzed for the rest of his life and not one thing happen to the cop he is still a cop today...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/deputythrust/media/Owned/keyboard-commando_zps9666c8a4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/deputythrust/Owned/keyboard-commando_zps9666c8a4.jpg</a>
View Quote

Took me a minute
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:41:11 AM EDT
[#36]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSfOBPlY2n0

Call of duty cops.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same in West Virginia to my knowledge.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I just cry like a girl.
View Quote

I only do that during sex.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#39]
For the love of god hide yo dag first.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#40]
In Tennessee, according to state statue, you absolutely can use force, including deadly force, to defend yourself against an unlawful attack by a police officer.

However, as thick as it is, I don't think Title 39 of the TCA stops bullets, so I wouldn't recommend it....  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Could be real ugly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be real ugly.

Pretty much this.  Never ever seen it in real life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cops these days are quick to shoot first........
View Quote

Cops on my department were far more likely to shoot decades ago than these days. They didn't even have to do a report back then.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Unless the cop is trying to kill you, better to settle it in court. Hopefully the asshole will get fired. Most likely you'll get a check and dickhead will get a promotion.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You can't.  Their bullshit reports alone will sink you.  

Hope what they do is on video and sue.  
View Quote

Hope is not a plan.  Run cameras, automatically upload off site if you can.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm guessing he stopped shooting and dropped the gun when he realized they were cops, and the rest of them didn't feel like committing murder. He got charged for the pot though, so he's still kind of fucked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a portion of the use of force and use of deadly force sections in the Texas penal code that allows for use of force/deadly force to protect yourself from LEO. Ill see if I can find it
while it may be there it has never been used successfuly  

Maybe not the statute he's talking about, but there was a guy that killed a deputy during a no-knock raid a few months back, and it was a good (at least justifiable) shoot.

How on earth did he survive that??  

I'm guessing he stopped shooting and dropped the gun when he realized they were cops, and the rest of them didn't feel like committing murder. He got charged for the pot though, so he's still kind of fucked.

I have to go re read now I thought the rest of the cops ran away when the shooting started
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I THINK IN Arizona there was scumbag who broke into a  couples house, husband held him at gunpoint while the wife called 911 she gave a full description of the husband explained to the operator that the husband had him at gunpoint and she would meet the cop in front of the house.
Cop shows up at the house she tells the cop her husband has the guy at gunpoint and gives description of her husband and the cop goes into the house see the guy with a gun he take out  his gun and shot the husband 6 times husband is yelling at the cop he is the husband and to stop shooting at him, I think the husband got on the phone and told the operator to tell the cop to stop shooting The husband never fired a shot at the cop, The cop dumped 2 mags at the guy i think.At the end the guy is paralyzed for the rest of his life and not one thing happen to the cop he is still a cop today...
View Quote

Meh, isolated incident.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Call of duty cops.
View Quote

BANG BANG BANG
"GET ON THE GROUND"
"justified shooting"
This incident is why I had zero pity for the cops shot up by mathew stewart.  I think some of them were in the same PD or team.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#49]
The GA pastor shooting is a very good example in which one would have been justified morally and legally  with successfully defending yourself from a man impersonating an officer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The short answer is no.

The long answer is no, not without dying, barring a one in a million chance.  It has happened before.  It won't happen to you.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top