Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Around here you are held accountable for your actions. If you lie, or get get caught breaking the law, you stand before the man.

Scott called the three arrests “disheartening.”

“Of course we’re embarrassed, but we’re proud of the fact that we moved so quickly, did what needed to be done and took the guy off the streets,” he said. “It’s our job to get the bad guys, whether they’re hiding behind a telephone pole, a tree or a badge.”
View Quote

Google search

Some of the highlights:

DUI FIRED
Watch @ 1:08

DUI FIRED

ONE WEED, ONE LIED
n a separate case, Lt. Blake Lee reported that on March 25, he asked Sgt. James Magas where he was. He said Magas told him he was at the intersection of U.S. 41 and Six Mile Cypress Parkway. Lee said the GPS on Magas’ patrol car instead showed him on College Parkway approaching the Cape Coral Bridge.

Magas later told internal investigators that he needed to pick something up from his wife and asked her to meet him near the bridge, which was outside of his district. He did not tell Lee he was leaving the area and later admitted to lying about his location, reports stated.

Sheriff Mike Scott signed off on the recommendation to terminate Magas’ employment on May 10.

Reports show neither Eaton nor Magas had any substantiated findings against them during the past five years.
View Quote

Excessive use of force...Watch this brutality.

Nudies
A Lee County deputy has been fired after an internal affairs investigation found he had sexually explicit photos on his work computer and had allowed a woman to be photographed topless while in his patrol vehicle.
View Quote

Stealing. Grocery store

Fired for lying over Jolly Ranchers bribe.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Organizational Chart
Look on top, see who is in charge and who works for who.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is your license pulled when you get a DUI? How about drugs? How about a DV? How about misdemeanor manslaughter?

I have never seen a Dr. lose anything with any of these. And I have arrested doctors for each one of these. Never mind the doctors that are suicidal, prescription drug addicts, and barricade inside their home. None of them lost their license either.

Depending upon each state, traffic offenses may be a misdemeanor too. So, a DUI is similar to speeding for punishment. Now, there may be a license revocation period too, but the classification of crime is exactly the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have morality/ethics clauses in my contract as a physician.
I guess police officers don't.

Is your license pulled when you get a DUI? How about drugs? How about a DV? How about misdemeanor manslaughter?

I have never seen a Dr. lose anything with any of these. And I have arrested doctors for each one of these. Never mind the doctors that are suicidal, prescription drug addicts, and barricade inside their home. None of them lost their license either.

Depending upon each state, traffic offenses may be a misdemeanor too. So, a DUI is similar to speeding for punishment. Now, there may be a license revocation period too, but the classification of crime is exactly the same.

and I know of no incidents involving a doctor getting pulled over (80 in 50), claiming he was en route to an emergency surgery (did I mention head of his department?) when he wasn't, and then telling the cop if you give me a ticket pray you never wind up on my table.  Never ever.  Well, except that one time.  He still has a medical license.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Better yet is a district attorney who gets a DUI, takes a plea, gets probation, and still gets to work as a district attorney.

I know of a few such cases.   One of them was on the "DUI task force" for prosecuting DUI cases, because it does take special training to go to bat against a well trained/experienced DUI defense attorney.
View Quote

Hell, I know a judge that got a DUi and kept his job.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What's blowing my mind in this thread is that from OP's post to here, not one person has mentioned that there's no such thing as a victimless crime when it comes to DUI....

Cop gets DUI, GD:  "Well, he admitted it, so he should keep his job"

"Civilian" gets DUI, GD:  "There's no such thing as a victimless crime, I hope he burns in Hell..."

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Look, I posted the story, I didn't post any of my opinion with it. As you can see, most people in this thread have all thought it was reasonable punishment.

My grandfather was an LEO, and I am looking to pursue an LE career, so don't accuse me of being an LEO basher.

Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
jesus….is GD that hard up for a good LEO bashing that they look to this story?

He pled guilty, what more do you want. would a burger flipper or a marine be tried and hung and fired due to this? NO, so leave it. jesus the anti LEO hate is strong in most of GD posters.
Look, I posted the story, I didn't post any of my opinion with it. As you can see, most people in this thread have all thought it was reasonable punishment.

My grandfather was an LEO, and I am looking to pursue an LE career, so don't accuse me of being an LEO basher.

Thank you.

To some of these guys anything short of a BJ is "LEO hate."
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've seen people with several DUI arrests who only spent a night in jail for each, there is very little punishment unless your a cop then you are screwed!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've seen people with several DUI arrests who only spent a night in jail for each, there is very little punishment unless your a cop then you are screwed!!!

Didn't this cop just spend a night in jail?

Quoted:
Sometimes they are, for sure.  I don't think I have a problem with the guy keeping his job, but I wouldn't have a problem with him losing it either.  I'm just impressed that it was his own department that arrested him for a DUI when there was no accident or witnesses forcing the issue.  That's unicorn and leprechaun territory right there.

Yup, he must have really pissed off some of his "brothers". My guess is that he slept with some of their wives.

This one was fucked up to watch. That guy is a sadistic SOB.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a judge in SW Missouri that killed 2 people in a crash and didn't lose his job. I know of an FBI agent that had 4 DWI arrests and kept his job.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#8]
GD tells me that a dui outside of your employment should not affect your employment....

personally he would have been let go
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000000

Are you fucking kidding me?  I've seen doctors who have literally written hundreds of scripts for schedule 3 narcotics to known abusers for years and get caught have NOTHING don't to their license to practice.  Same with manslaughter.  We had a Dr. who was found to have written hundreds of Scripts to his doper son who eventually OD'd on Oxy.  Nothing happened.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It seems as though citizens not working in law enforcement are the ones being held to a higher standard, these days.
View Quote

How so?  What would happen to you if you picked up a DUI?  You're telling me your employer would send you home without pay for something that happened on your days off?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What's blowing my mind in this thread is that from OP's post to here, not one person has mentioned that there's no such thing as a victimless crime when it comes to DUI....

Cop gets DUI, GD:  "Well, he admitted it, so he should keep his job"

"Civilian" gets DUI, GD:  "There's no such thing as a victimless crime, I hope he burns in Hell..."

View Quote

Soooooo... if you pick up a DUI on your day off, you would lose your job?  That's what would happen?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I know several commercial pilots with duis.(not me, I won't drive after a single beer)   It shows a serious lack of judgement and  I have no tolerance for it.  The guy screwed up and should be placed under intense scrutiny by his superiors from here on but fired for an off duty deal might be a bit much.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems as though citizens not working in law enforcement are the ones being held to a higher standard, these days.

How so?  What would happen to you if you picked up a DUI?  You're telling me your employer would send you home without pay for something that happened on your days off?

This is the disconnect which I can't grasp... are you implying that LE should only be required to follow the law while on shift?

When your job is one of public trust (especially if enforcing law is your primary responsibility) - you set the bar and lead by example. I would say the same thing about a drug and alcohol counselor hitting the glass dick after hours or an SRO who buys booze for kids after school.

I'm not sure if this stuff is double-standard material or just straight up hypocrisy...

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If we are to be held to a higher standard than civilians, how come everyone says, LE are just civilians? There is nothing different between us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorry but if your job is to enforce the law and you are arrested and found guilty (or admit guilt), you should be terminated.

Given your position as a LE officer you should be held to a higher standard.

This makes his department and its chief look like a complete joke.

I wonder how many people he has pulled over and then lectured for DUI.
I wonder how many people he will pull over in the future for a DUI.

If we are to be held to a higher standard than civilians, how come everyone says, LE are just civilians? There is nothing different between us?

As pointed out, people are only asking for the same penalty suffered by most other people who drive as part of their jobs: firing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As pointed out, people are only asking for the same penalty suffered by most other people who drive as part of their jobs: firing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorry but if your job is to enforce the law and you are arrested and found guilty (or admit guilt), you should be terminated.

Given your position as a LE officer you should be held to a higher standard.

This makes his department and its chief look like a complete joke.

I wonder how many people he has pulled over and then lectured for DUI.
I wonder how many people he will pull over in the future for a DUI.

I only know two people personally with DUI's. An woman who works for an insurance company and a guy who was career Army. Neither got fired. The guy had at least two, maybe three DUIs and still served his 20-years and retired. Though I am sure there are employers that will fire an employee for a DUI (if they even find out, and really is it any of their business?) I think its more rare than many assume.

I also wonder about the mindset of someone who when asked on Monday morning how his weekend was answers with "I got a DUI."  Keep it to yourself unless required by contract to disclose it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the disconnect which I can't grasp... are you implying that LE should only be required to follow the law while on shift?

When your job is one of public trust (especially if enforcing law is your primary responsibility) - you set the bar and lead by example. I would say the same thing about a drug and alcohol counselor hitting the glass dick after hours or an SRO who buys booze for kids after school.

I'm not sure if this stuff is double-standard material or just straight up hypocrisy...

Of course not.  He violated the law, plead, paid for his crime, and went along his merry way.  In fact, he was penalized by his employer even though the violation had nothing to do with his work or employment.

How about a plumber charging too much for an appraisal?  Should FedEx drivers be fired for a red light ticket they receive on their day off?  How about a doctor who is charged with domestic violence?  Should he or she loose their license to practice?  

GD can't have it both ways.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I noticed the cute little tank under your name.  If you picked up a DUI in the military, would you be kicked out?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He should be fired.
View Quote

For?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Alcoholism is covered by the ADA. A person may not be fired for being an alcoholic. Drinking is not protected by the ADA. DUI is not. A person may be fired for getting a DUI, whether or not he is an alcoholic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alcoholism is considered a disease by doctors, therefore ADA and you get rehab

Alcoholism is covered by the ADA. A person may not be fired for being an alcoholic. Drinking is not protected by the ADA. DUI is not. A person may be fired for getting a DUI, whether or not he is an alcoholic.

Exactly. Saved me a post - I don't want people thinking DUI is covered by the ADA, there are plenty of misconceptions about it as it is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you hate doctors?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So, he committed a crime, admitted to his crime, and will receive punishment. It is not uncommon for the first DUI not to be a termination offense by itself.

View Quote

I suppose as long as no modicum of character is required for this position then hiring a guy to patrol the roads who's known to be a drunk driver is just fucking peachy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He pled guilty, what more do you want. would a burger flipper or a marine be tried and hung and fired due to this? NO, so leave it. jesus the anti LEO hate is strong in most of GD posters.

Thank you.

and to others anything short of Beheading with his skull on a pike in front of the station is "Badge Licking"
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#24]
When cops hand out DUI's they don't care if the person loses their job.  Cops should not break the law if they do, they should not be cops anymore.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He should be fired.

For?

Having skin and saying words.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The thing I don't agree about DUI's is someone being a CDL holder and getting one in their personal vehicle. If your in your personal vehicle off the clock you shouldn't be held to tighter restrictions on your BAC, but if your in your company or personal rig by all means you should be held to tighter restrictions.
View Quote

If you're not in a class I, II, or III commercial vehicle, the same BAC applies that any other non-CDL license holder would be subject to.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I only know two people personally with DUI's. An woman who works for an insurance company and a guy who was career Army. Neither got fired. The guy had at least two, maybe three DUIs and still served his 20-years and retired. Though I am sure there are employers that will fire an employee for a DUI (if they even find out, and really is it any of their business?) I think its more rare than many assume.

I also wonder about the mindset of someone who when asked on Monday morning how his weekend was answers with "I got a DUI."  Keep it to yourself unless required by contract to disclose it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beer truck drivers, OTR truck drivers, taxi drivers, hell any driver gets fired if he catches a DUI. Seems fair for cop car drivers, too. It looks like you automatically lose your license on conviction almost everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I noticed the cute little tank under your name.  If you picked up a DUI in the military, would you be kicked out?

Adorable, isn't it?

No - I would not... as long as no one was hurt or killed. I would lose rank and pay, be required to attend substance abuse counseling and would lose driving privileges for a year in addition to other possibilities depending on how much of an asshole I may be.  I think it is also worthwhile to note that my job on base was not enforcing the law or the UCMJ. That makes a difference... an MP getting popped is going to have a different outcome than I would.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lapse in judgement. No indication of untruthfulness. No damage to credibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems like a good attorney would tear his credibility up on the stand if he ever gets involved in something serious.

He has demonstrated a serious lack of judgement.

Depends on the state really. In some states DUI is considered a crime involving moral turpitude. That can have an effect on credibility.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

You're a LEO basher by virtue of the fact that you posted it. Don't try to deny it!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
He should know better.

Around here a first time dui is nothing, go to driving school, don't get in trouble for six months and it goes away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He should be fired.

For?

He should know better.

Around here a first time dui is nothing, go to driving school, don't get in trouble for six months and it goes away.

He absolutely should know better, but I've seen lots of people, cops and not, who have made bad decisions while drinking. Not all have been criminal, if you know what I mean?

It is pretty much the same in Ca.  The DA can decide on administrative, civil, or criminal, basically making it a wobbler infraction/misdemeanor if you cooperate.

Should an officer off duty be fired for not wearing his seatbelt?  Not having his headlights on during the hours of darkness?  How about late registration?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better yet is a district attorney who gets a DUI, takes a plea, gets probation, and still gets to work as a district attorney.

I know of a few such cases.   One of them was on the "DUI task force" for prosecuting DUI cases, because it does take special training to go to bat against a well trained/experienced DUI defense attorney.

Don't judge me, bro!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If you're not in a class I, II, or III commercial vehicle, the same BAC applies that any other non-CDL license holder would be subject to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The thing I don't agree about DUI's is someone being a CDL holder and getting one in their personal vehicle. If your in your personal vehicle off the clock you shouldn't be held to tighter restrictions on your BAC, but if your in your company or personal rig by all means you should be held to tighter restrictions.

I have a CDL and my understanding is it makes no difference what vehicle you happen to be driving at the time.

BAC is half of what a normal driver can have.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yet other departments in Tennessee hire convicted felons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it. All the departments around here will fire you if you get a dui. Heck, tennessee may even revoke their post commission.

Yet other departments in Tennessee hire convicted felons.

Politics man, politics.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Good.  Just temporary lapses of judgement, he won't do it again and this was probably his first time ever driving impaired.  I would be ok w/ him keeping his job after his second or third dui as long as the public knows about it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have a CDL and my understanding is it makes no difference what vehicle you happen to be driving at the time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're not in a class I, II, or III (showing my age there, lol) commercial vehicle, the same BAC applies that any other non-CDL license holder would be subject to.

I also have a class A with all endorsements except passengers and hazmat. I've had the license for the last 28 years and now have a waiver due to my being deaf. When the BAC was originally lowered for commercial drivers this was a common misconception - for the lower BAC to apply, you must be driving a class A, B, or C commercial vehicle at the time.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I also have a class A with all endorsements except passengers and hazmat. I've had the license for the last 28 years and now have a waiver due to my being deaf. When the BAC was originally lowered for commercial drivers this was a common misconception - for the lower BAC to apply, you must be driving a class A, B, or C commercial vehicle at the time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're not in a class I, II, or III (showing my age there, lol) commercial vehicle, the same BAC applies that any other non-CDL license holder would be subject to.

Interesting.

I haven't drank in well over a decade so I'm not worried about it.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

I hear ya. It's really not worth it unless I'm just hanging around the house. As an interesting aside, my license specifies that I must have my hearing aids in (for environmental noise) if I'm operating a commercial vehicle, and I recently had a cop who refused to believe it didn't apply to the non- commercial vehicle (my truck) that I was driving. The judge was not happy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup, he must have really pissed off some of his "brothers". My guess is that he slept with some of their wives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sometimes they are, for sure.  I don't think I have a problem with the guy keeping his job, but I wouldn't have a problem with him losing it either.  I'm just impressed that it was his own department that arrested him for a DUI when there was no accident or witnesses forcing the issue.  That's unicorn and leprechaun territory right there.

I was being sarcastic, although wrong, its nothing compared to what we are seeing on youtube every day with guys getting away with it.
My opinion is that I am proud of where I live and understand out of 2500 guys or so some bad ones will make it through the hiring process. When they get caught fucking up, they are dealt with.

When you are in need of help you want someone professional who knows he is an employee of the community getting out of the car with the understanding you may have gone through something life changing, not a fucking bully who is acting like you are disrupting his day..
When its time to kick ass, do it, till then, dont try to fight everyone, and treat people the way you would want someone to treat your family.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I hear ya. It's really not worth it unless I'm just hanging around the house. As an interesting aside, my license specifies that I must have my hearing aids in (for environmental noise) if I'm operating a commercial vehicle, and I recently had a cop who refused to believe it didn't apply to the non- commercial vehicle (my truck) that I was driving. The judge was not happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.

It went all the way to a judge?  No one thought to look up the statute to see what it actually was?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Some departments it is a death sentence, others it just puts you on the Sheriff/Chiefs shitlist and kills any chance of promotion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It went all the way to a judge?  No one thought to look up the statute to see what it actually was?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

I went to the judge myself, the very next morning. Cop who cited me said if it was on my license it applied to all vehicles. I asked him how that could be, since there is no requirement to be hearing at all in order to have a regular license - the logic was a little beyond his capacity I think. I actually had a friend, another deafie, who was stopped not far from where I was for signing to his passenger on the freeway...no swerving or erratic driving, the cop told him that it simply wasn't safe and that he couldn't possibly be in control of his vehicle while doing that. He wasn't cited, but the idea that there is still that kind of ignorance out there is astounding.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It seems to me a previous "Lapse" in judgement would be a pretty strong indicator for future "lapsesssesses" in judgement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems like a good attorney would tear his credibility up on the stand if he ever gets involved in something serious.

He has demonstrated a serious lack of judgement.

Perhapse "credibility" is not the right term, but if I'm on the jury, he's done.   How do we not know he wasn't having another "lapse" when he shot that guy?

Juries should not assume facts that are not in evidence, that's how.

It seems to me a previous "Lapse" in judgement would be a pretty strong indicator for future "lapsesssesses" in judgement.

I have no tolerance period for DUI's, first offense should be loss of license and prison time.  If your in any kind of LEO job or other federal employment it should include immediate termination from employment.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you will most likely be discharged.  It hasn't always resulted in a discharge, but it pretty much means immediate relief from your job if your a commander or other leadership and a the end of your service.

Now they are going back and any previous infractions (i.e. DUI's) are grounds for dismissal from the service, no matter how long ago it happened.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Adorable, isn't it?  

No - I would not... as long as no one was hurt or killed. I would lose rank and pay, be required to attend substance abuse counseling and would lose driving privileges for a year in addition to other possibilities depending on how much of an asshole I may be.  I think it is also worthwhile to note that my job on base was not enforcing the law or the UCMJ. That makes a difference... an MP getting popped is going to have a different outcome than I would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adorable, isn't it?  

And you'd be incorrect, at least now.  I can count at least 4 that I know of this year who got DUI's and were forced out of the military.  Hasn't always been the case, but the .mil is cracking down.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
GD tells me that a dui outside of your employment should not affect your employment....

personally he would have been let go
View Quote

Yep. most people and their jobs survive the first DUI.  I don't get much heartburn over this.  Treating all the animals equally.

Now if they tried to cover it up.  Well that's when the long knives come-out.  In my Hometown, that happened and out of about 40 sworn personnel, 5 firings and the Chief's contract not extended.  A solid majority of the City Council asked my Dad to return to the Department as Chief or Interim-Chief for a big raise which would have also kicked up his pension.  He told them they couldn't pay him enough, and he would fire several more of the senior officers that past chiefs had let pass on issues that deserved firings.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He should be fired.
View Quote

Probably, but holding to a higher standard doesn't fly these days What with  Unions and Civil Service.

Chief Charlie Beck is getting clobbered over a "forgive and forget" for a drunk officer's antics in another county.  As what appears to be another instance is raising it's ugly head, LAPD might lose a few more officers and a Chief over it, when all is over and done.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

For?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He should be fired.

For?

Old School views on honor and responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When cops hand out DUI's they don't care if the person loses their job.  Cops should not break the law if they do, they should not be cops anymore.
View Quote

Or care if a burglar loses his job, or child-molestor.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top