Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I read they are working on a digital type backward compatibility for some games.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to it coming out for the PS4.

Damn you Sony for not putting backward compatibility in the PS4....

I read they are working on a digital type backward compatibility for some games.

It will likely be a digital emulator of the PS3 and earlier systems downloadable from the PlayStation Store and available for those who have Playstation Plus accounts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nobody wants my avatar.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You guys are only building the hype, there is no way the game is THAT good.  Somebody say it sucks, that way my expectations won't be so high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best video game I ever played...period.

yup.  

it was a cinematic masterpiece. one of the few games where i really appreciated the cutscenes. it was so good.

the first few minutes of the game just broke me down. my heart was pounding, my hands where sweating and shaking. i was yelling to run faster, then bam.... my world shattered and a piece of me crumbled away with the main character.

it was amazing.

there was no running and gunning.

You guys are only building the hype, there is no way the game is THAT good.  Somebody say it sucks, that way my expectations won't be so high.

Well...I'd have to say it's definitely the best game I ever played, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws. I found myself frustrated at the game design more than once throughout the game but the story, characters, and environment just blew me away.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I dare you to try to find a bad review. The game just rocks.

I have it for the PS3. I can tell you that I will be buying another copy when it comes out for the PS4.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And then it turns out that the planet that they wound up stranded on was ancient Earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It fucking sucks dick dude.  The dragons and the cyclons totally fucking ruin the scene when you are tripping on acid with king david hasselhoff.

And then it turns out that the planet that they wound up stranded on was ancient Earth.

and he was blind the whole time

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
PS3 version looks great, I wish I could play for the first time again.!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.  

it was a cinematic masterpiece. one of the few games where i really appreciated the cutscenes. it was so good.

the first few minutes of the game just broke me down. my heart was pounding, my hands where sweating and shaking. i was yelling to run faster, then bam.... my world shattered and a piece of me crumbled away with the main character.

it was amazing.

it sucks.....because.......i wish joel wore something cooler than flannel!

yw op.

seriously go buy it.  its great.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The PS4 version might have crisper graphics and run at a faster frame rate.  At the most some added content but with a game this good, it wouldn't stop me from buying it for PS3.
View Quote
Don't get it.  It sucks.  It will ruin every other game you play.  You will constantly compare them to TLOU and they will come up short.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It will likely be a digital emulator of the PS3 and earlier systems downloadable from the PlayStation Store and available for those who have Playstation Plus accounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to it coming out for the PS4.

Damn you Sony for not putting backward compatibility in the PS4....

I am currently a Beta tester for the PlayStation Now service that will be made available to the public soon. I can't say much but what I can say is that it will be a service that you pay for, either monthly or per-game---it'll be up to you. I am impressed so far.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
listen to everyone. you won't find a single review that is less than stellar.

buy the game now. don't wait. and enjoy it for as long as you can, because once it's over you will miss it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]
It's hard to imagine how they could make the graphics any better.  It's simply amazing, best looking game on the PS3
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I have no desire to play the game (just not into video games anymore), but I watched a 3-hour long "movie" version of Last of Us on Youtube. It was surprisingly entertaining.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Will have to check this out!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Dbltap
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a PS3 specifically to play The Last of Us. I've never done anything else with that PS3 and now it sits and collects dust.
It was totally worth it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I keep seeing people say things like this, and almost every game review site mirrors that opinion.  I'm almost afraid it's going to suck, since my expectations are so high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep seeing people say things like this, and almost every game review site mirrors that opinion.  I'm almost afraid it's going to suck, since my expectations are so high.

You won't be let down. This game is absolutely amazing, it's chalked full of emotion that most blockbuster movies can't even achieve. I picked up a PS3 solely for that game when it came out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#17]
If you can hold out, I'd get the PS4 version. I had the PS3 version but I am going to buy it again to replay, and the PS4 version will include the DLC.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Ha try to follow me upstairs when I have nail bombs will ya!

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Just buy it for the PS3.  The PS4 version is a shameful cash grab, don't give the publishers the satisfaction of the sale.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.  

it was amazing.

I didn't play it.......but I watched hours of walk through gameplay on YouTube and it was like watching a movie.....I loved it. It's good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys are giving this game a lot of praise for what felt to me like several sessions of rinse wash repeat.  Not a bad game at all, good story, characters, makes you wish you had more at the end, but the playable sections at times felt like they ran out of ideas, or puzzles. Like how many times do I have to swim a pallet around?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#22]
One of the best games ever.   Seriously its so fucking good
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just buy it for the PS3.  The PS4 version is a shameful cash grab, don't give the publishers the satisfaction of the sale.
View Quote

Not quite---the DLC is included, and I welcome the ability to play on a better system with a more comfortable controller with even better graphics.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I have beaten the game at least 7 times. It's just fun to play through.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]
If you've waited this long wait until the updated PS4 version that includes the DLC. Not only was it my personal game of the year, it was one of the most amazing games I've ever played.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm getting anxious now, I need to play it.  ARF doesn't agree on ANYTHING, yet love this game!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Buy a used copy and and go at it. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played. If not the best. Super captivating story line, multiple approaches to everything. Stunning visual effects, and a musical score that fits the game like a glove.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I played it, when I knew I shouldn't.  Now I'm a Clicker....

my friends don't like me anymore and people look at me kinda weird when I go to the store.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Awesome story, takes the whole "zombie survival" genre to a new level.

I see them messing up a screen adaptation if it went to the big screen. Hollywood always messes that up. Everything from the characters, to the setting, to the main storyline has to be streamlined and I think that they couldn't fit in all the details that the game gives you. It's one of those instances like people who read the book when it comes out and are disappointed with everything they miss. Then you get that whole snarky "the book was better" comment, except now it will be "the game was better" which makes you want to go on a face punching rampage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I got it for the ps3 and I'm getting it for the ps4. Awesome game.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd wait for the PS4 version because it comes with all of the DLC as well as upgraded visuals and other tweaks (like a new difficulty level).  You'll be playing the best version of a great game.

Also, play it on Hard.  The normal difficulty really takes away from the suspense because supplies are everywhere.  Then after you beat it once you can play through again on normal or survival but Hard is the best balanced.

The gameplay isn't anything new or fresh but what makes TLOU stand out is the presentation and delivery of that presentation (the voice acting is terrific).  If you're a fan of Naughty Dog though, that shouldn't be a surprise.

It's definitely a game that I wish I could completely forget and play again fresh.  There were definitely some parts that made me go .

Also, the multiplayer is fantastic but, for whatever reason, seems to get overlooked.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#32]
While the game is an absolute must play I would wait at this point.

It will probably be out in 2-3 months and will have better graphics, frame rate(which was a bit of an issue on the PS3 version), and the DLC which at least the first one is a must have for fans of the game.

I will be double dipping when the time comes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I watched TheRadBrad's walkthrough instead of playing it.

The gameplay didn't blow me away but the story brings the feels, man. I got connected to Joel and Ellie in a way I didn't think was possible by watching or playing a video game. As in, for me the stakes were really high by the end of the game. I don't know if I can give it any higher praise than that. Touchstone game.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The way I understand it it will be the same except remastered for 4K compatibility.
It's definitely worth playing.
View Quote

And it will include some extra multiplayer and (I believe) single player content.  I would wait for the PS4 version if it's coming out soon.  But the PS3 version is gorgeous and very playable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks like 20 June is the release date.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#36]
I read the backstory on the game. Fungus has scared the hell out of me every since I took biology. That crap works fast.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I bought it to play while recovering from surgery. Great decision, loved the game. Got addicted instantly. Had to turn the lights on to play at night, clickers man. Single player was awesome, could never master MP but who cares, the SP rocks. Really hoping for a part 2 release one day.

buy the game, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I bought it to play while recovering from surgery. Great decision, loved the game. Got addicted instantly. Had to turn the lights on to play at night, clickers man. Single player was awesome, could never master MP but who cares, the SP rocks. Really hoping for a part 2 release one day.

buy the game, you won't regret it.
View Quote

I liked playing it in the dark so I could see better.  Till I got to some of the clickers.  Then I had to change my underware.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for it to be released for the PS4
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I can't believe some of you guys bought a PS3 just for this game only...you essentially bought a $260 video game.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Terrific game!  If you can wait for the PS4 version it will have better graphics and DLC included.  The PS3 version is great but It's still a $60 game unless you find a sale.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I can't believe some of you guys bought a PS3 just for this game only...you essentially bought a $260 video game.
View Quote
I bought mine just for TLOU.  It cost me 110 for a console and my buddy gave me the game.  I now use the PS3 as my media player as well for TV.  Netflix and Amazon on demand.  Works better then the blue ray player I also own.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beats buying an Xbox One just for Titanfall. That's a $450 video game.

As to The Last of Us, I'm just gonna wait for the PS4 version. That's what I have and I'm not going to buy a PS3 just to play it at this point.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm going to get it, I would have it already...but I just found my PS3 while unpacking more boxes.  Now I'm torn on buying the PS3 version or waiting for the PS4 version.  First world problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The way I understand it it will be the same except remastered for 4K compatibility.

It's definitely worth playing.

I'm going to get it, I would have it already...but I just found my PS3 while unpacking more boxes.  Now I'm torn on buying the PS3 version or waiting for the PS4 version.  First world problems.

PS4 version will be in 1080p and is supposed to have some added content...if you nerd out over stuff like that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#46]
What is DLC?

When is this coming out on PS4?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Let me put it this way, I'm not sure if I want to have kids or not, but after playing "The Last of Us" I wanted to have a daughter.  It's that good.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#48]
AI is brillant compared to most games. The enemy will not be the first to break from cover like every other game I've played. If they reach good cover they'll stay there and they work pretty well in teams.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#49]
<Waiting for it on PC
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#50]
I prefer the frankie videos.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top