Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 4/24/2014 2:51:25 AM EDT
Republican politicians began backtracking on their support of Nevada anti-government rancher Cliven Bundy after the New York Times caught Bundy making racially-inflammatory remarks blaming African-Americans for willingly submiting to dependency on federal assistance.

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,” Bundy was quoted as saying to a group of supporters last Saturday. “And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Is this going to hurt republicans this Nov? Why would they run from Bundy when this isn't about his other beliefs?

Article link

Edit to add another link

Another link from NY Times

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/24/video-cliven-bundys-racist-comments/199008

http://therightscoop.com/breaking-cliven-bundy-responds-to-charges-of-racism-the-statement-was-right/
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:55:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Anti-2A.  Fuck him.

P.s.  Do a poll and see how many Arfcommers agree with those sentiments.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the first I've heard of this. If true, the MSM will go absolute full retard Richard Murdock "legitimate rape" and try to paint all Bundy supporters as anti-government, tea party racists.
This is exactly the narrative MSLSD, CBS, NBC, etc  was looking for
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Sounds like Cliven is getting might uppity.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
DILLIGAF?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Parody/ black flag site?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anti-2A.  Fuck him.

View Quote

Need to see the full context; the progressive liberal reporter whom he himself is probably a White hating racist POS, apparently deliberately took stuff out of context to make it far worse than it is in typical progressive liberal MSM fashion.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Golly its almost like some of us suggested he might be a complete loon and making him a poster boy for freedom was a bad idea.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:21:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Golly its almost like some of us suggested he might be a complete loon and making him a poster boy for freedom was a bad idea.

View Quote

In on one.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:23:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anti-2A.  Fuck him.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Growing up in my time, that wasn't a bad word. I wish someone would print a list of words that wont hurt anyone's feeling any more. Maybe Harry Reid could make it a law or something.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:28:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there audio of this? I read the article and am skeptical. This seems like a coordinated character assassination.

If it is true he sure overplayed his hand. Guy can't speak worth a damn, should be keeping his mouth shut anyway.

ETA can't open the rawstory link.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:34:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Very few people are paying attention to this Bundy situation anyways.  Especially now that the NFL schedules are out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:35:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is the first I've heard of this. If true, the MSM will go absolute full retard Richard Murdock "legitimate rape" and try to paint all Bundy supporters as anti-government, tea party racists.
View Quote

You can read that narrative in the comments section.

Even when you try an assimilate the "thought" behind what he is saying from all his excerpts: "negroes traded slave owners from plantation owners to the democratic party/government", it still doesn't make any sense in his position to say this . . .
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:36:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

... and they'll paint all GOP candidates up for election this fall as bundy supporters.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#16]
OMG he's a racist. I find it funny every person that does not fall in line with zero or the dems agenda gets labeled a racist.. Don't like obamacare,,,,racist. It was only a matter of time before they threw down the race card. Maybe he should have joined the black panthers so the .gov and the media would support him..
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:41:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

... and they'll paint all GOP candidates up for election this fall as bundy supporters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to them we are all tea party racists anyway.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is there audio of this? I read the article and am skeptical. This seems like a coordinated character assassination.

If it is true he sure overplayed his hand. Guy can't speak worth a damn, should be keeping his mouth shut anyway.

ETA can't open the rawstory link.
View Quote

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/24/conservatives-begin-backing-away-after-cliven-bundys-remarks-disparaging-the-negro/?onswipe_redirect=no
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't have said that.  One has to choose one's words wisely when in the spotlight.  Using the word "Negro" and "cotton" in the same breath is never a good idea.  However, can anyone say that what he said is not true?  We are all slaves today.

This is coming from a man who has worked hard all of his life.  He got married, raised his kids and took care of his family.  There was a time when that was a role model.  Today, role models are thug "entertainers" and athletes (black and white) who don't raise their own children from multiple women.  He chose his words poorly, but he didn't speak untruths.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Republican politicians began backtracking on their support of Nevada anti-government rancher Cliven Bundy after the New York Times caught Bundy making racially-inflammatory remarks blaming African-Americans for willingly submiting to dependency on federal assistance.

Is this going to hurt republicans this Nov? Why would they run from Bundy when this isn't about his other beliefs?

Article link

Edit to add another link

Another link from NY Times
View Quote

What will hurt the Republican party in November 2014 are RINOs like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell and John McCain, etc..

What will hurt the Republican party in November 2016 are RINOs like Chris Christie and Jeb Bush, etc..

And by the Republican party I also mean patriotic, constitution loving Americans.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Well who wouldn't? Dumb comments where dumb.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:01:32 AM EDT
[#22]
lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:02:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Imagine that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:06:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about just standing up for freedom when there is orchestrated and direct attack against it?  This is aboout right and wrong; the media spin steered another Bubba into the weeds.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anti-2A.  Fuck him.

View Quote

Are you talking about Bundy?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:07:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I guess I better stop donating to the UNCF.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#28]
It might have hurt some feelings, but it's no less true.

Call me a racist too, IDGAF.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

no

For most of us it was the BLM sending 200 armed men to terrorize a family. I don't give a fuck who it is they are terrorizing. I don't know bundy and dont care to. The Fed needs to be stopped.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  The media has made up plenty of quotes in order to influence opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#31]
"There are many things I believe that I'll never say, but I'll never say the things I don't believe."

I guess ol Cliven needs to learn the difference.

ETA: 2 posts above hit it dead center.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I think Bundy was whiny cheat that shouldn't have been grazing his cattle on someone else's land without permission, but he was also damn good at manipulating the Infowars gung-ho militia types into getting him what he wanted.

As for this affecting Republican chances in an election, no one will give a fuck about any of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#33]
What an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:17:21 AM EDT
[#34]
the FUCK ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:18:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

no

For most of us it was the BLM sending 200 armed men to terrorize a family. I don't give a fuck who it is they are terrorizing. I don't know bundy and dont care to. The Fed needs to be stopped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no

Agreed, we will NEVER have the "perfect" poster child for freedom.  It's about time we make due with what we have.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh my god.  racism.  racism everywhere.  racism racism racism.  Racist racism racist.   Racist racist, racist racist racist.

1.  Racism.
2.  Racism.
3.  Racism
4.  Racism.

Racist?  Racism racism racism.

No, it will not make a difference in any elections.  Democrats already view all republicans as racist, sexist, bigot homophobes.  An individual that they can point at and scream and rant about will make no difference.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#37]
The same collectivist New York Times and the collectivist commentators there?  Where one such commentator bohemienne states that another Waco would be better for Obama?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/robert-farago/bundy-ranch-showdown-shape-things-come/

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:22:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Conservatives begin backing away after Cliven Bundy’s remarks disparaging ‘the Negro’
View Quote

They haven't 'backed away', they're all here posting in Chicago Threads.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Why does he have to make a daily statement? Shouldn't he be out protecting his cows?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I am skeptical of anything in the media, even if they say it's a direct quote or have someones voice on tape, as context and full dialog can be manipulated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:25:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why is he anti 2a?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anti-2A.  Fuck him.

Why is he anti 2a?  

Someone else has said this but I've seen nothing to back it up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#43]
The government and its supporters in the media will stop at nothing in their attempts to discredit this man.

The idea that Americans have banded together and stood up to stop the depredations of the Federal government terrify them. If that behavior continues it will be a turning point in American history.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The government and its supporters in the media will stop at nothing in their attempts to discredit this man.

The idea that Americans have banded together and stood up to stop the depredations of the Federal government terrify them. If that behavior continues it will be a turning point in American history.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#45]
How long before he's called molesting children?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It might have hurt some feelings, but it's no less true.

Call me a racist too, IDGAF.
View Quote

Yep.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1616865_Just_another_day_in_America.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:40:23 AM EDT
[#47]
lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How long before he's called molesting children?
View Quote

He at least has a Cheese Pizza collection by now...and a meth lab.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah,  it is almost like some of us did not recognize the vilification that was soon to fall upon the Bundy's.   Joe Scarboro compared him to George Zimmerman and the conservative rush to support him  (not playing the race card there are we?).  

The crazy communist Doctor, Howard Dean, said the Bundy's were more like the Branch Davidians.  (Hey lets shoot their women and children and burn them out.)

But the sheeple....they are not going to fall for this are they?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top