http://www.ajabgjab.com/2014/04/some-mysterious-archaeological.html

Human fossils
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I read quite a bit on this sort of thing.  Lots of weird stuff out there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
First picture looks fake(d).
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't read foreign article, but my assumption is that it is of a Nasca line aerial photo that was superimposed to show detail.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Didn't read foreign article, but my assumption is that it is of a Nasca line aerial photo that was superimposed to show detail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, my eyes don't have any coffee in them yet. (I thought it was supposed to be a cave painting)
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL, my eyes don't have any coffee in them yet. (I thought it was supposed to be a cave painting)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could be, or a really grainy shit quality aerial photo, I'm not sure either. However if I were a betting man I'm going with 3rd world cameraman with shit equipment.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:58:52 AM EDT
[#9]
In before Aliens guy!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:07:08 AM EDT
[#10]
There were a couple of those things explained, like the lame crystal skulls.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, we now know how the stones move.   The third down photo on the right is the Cardiff Giant.  You can see the statue at the Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown, NY.  Awesome hoax in it's day.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:09:27 AM EDT
[#12]
there isn't much mystery about the Cardiff Giant shown in the pictures.A well known hoax.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In before Aliens guy!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:28:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, we now know how the stones move.   The third down photo on the right is the Cardiff Giant.  You can see the statue at the Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown, NY.  Awesome hoax in it's day.
View Quote

How do the stones move?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:33:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Meh, many of those have been explained or debunked.

Off the top of my head:

The giant in the first post was a fake and they've worked out the mechanism for the moving stones (the effect is found in a few different places I think).

No idea about the rocket, not seen it before.

The "Baghdad Batteries" are usually considered to be holders for sacred scrolls, and are similar to other holders found in the region that are known to be for that purpose. The fact that the construction could also conceivably work as a crude battery is just a coincidence.

Large stones - carving and movement? There seems to be a significant consensus that these things could be moved. Big enough levers and all that, plus massive amounts of human labour. Enough time, patience and ingenuity can move mountains. Practical tests have demonstrated it's possible to cut incredibly straight lines in rock with fairly simple equipment and technology that was known to the people at the time.

Antikythera device - very interesting, but we knew that ancient knowledge of mathematics and astronomy were was pretty good. While it may have been something of a surprise that their engineering was at a stage to build the device, it's hardly a "mystery".

Ancient astronaut figures - always so subjective. One man's headdress is another man's spacehelmet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:37:51 AM EDT
[#16]
interesting
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:48:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Interdasting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Those moving stones in the nevada desert have been explained.  I watched a show not that long ago on it.  They tested it out in a wind tunnel using velocities obtained from instruments measuring wind speeds in the desert itself.  Turns out that the topography surrounding the area causes the winds to increase speed as they drop down into the valley and are actually strong enough to move the stones.  Usually happens after a rain or when dew/moisture is present.  Thats why the trails stay the way they do b/c it was more mud like consistency when they slide.  Also those stones are smaller, as in less than 2' diameter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:06:29 AM EDT
[#19]

That was like reading Poland Ball
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#20]
The Merchant ball mystery in Marion, Ohio.

Been going on for decades. Solid granite sphere

weighing several hundreds of pounds.

Scientists have studied the phenomenon but are

not in agreement as to what's causing it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#21]
We have an "oddity" here on the coast of Maine.
Colonel Buck's Cursed Tomb.
Stories vary but it's still "odd"
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/6159

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

What's the mystery behind it? I watched the video (no sound here) but didn't notice much? Is the mystery the fact the sphere hasn't rolled off?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#23]
The bottom line is that archaeologists don't know shit.

Between the end of the last ice age wiping out several million square miles of previously-occupied lands, and who knows what other catastrophes erasing the collective memory of man, I am convinced that there is a huge chunk of human history that is missing, and will show that we are far older than we think as a civilized species.

Whether or not that has anything to do with aliens is an entirely different subject...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Those moving stones in the nevada desert have been explained.  I watched a show not that long ago on it.  They tested it out in a wind tunnel using velocities obtained from instruments measuring wind speeds in the desert itself.  Turns out that the topography surrounding the area causes the winds to increase speed as they drop down into the valley and are actually strong enough to move the stones.  Usually happens after a rain or when dew/moisture is present.  Thats why the trails stay the way they do b/c it was more mud like consistency when they slide.  Also those stones are smaller, as in less than 2' diameter.
View Quote

Came to say stones are real.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Between the end of the last ice age wiping out several million square miles of previously-occupied lands, and who knows what other catastrophes erasing the collective memory of man, I am convinced that there is a huge chunk of human history that is missing, and will show that we are far older than we think as a civilized species.

Whether or not that has anything to do with aliens is an entirely different subject...
View Quote

Anything you can't identify is a religious artifact.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How do the stones move?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How do the stones move?
http://www.livescience.com/37492-sailing-stones-death-valley-moving-rocks.html

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#27]
The devil did it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Didn't Duel Survival have an episode where they were in the same desert and mentioned something about those rocks?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How do the stones move?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How do the stones move?
That happens in the mojave - they said it was wind that moved them...... Occam's Razor and all that I guess...

same page in regular english

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science/2013/01/13-world-mysteries-without-explanation-2440676.html

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:14:44 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do the stones move?
http://www.livescience.com/37492-sailing-stones-death-valley-moving-rocks.html

Cool,thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#31]
The Nazca lines, it just astonishes me that people are still not thinking that through.

They thought the gods were in the sky. So they drew a line drawing in the sand and looked down at it, then measured it. By simply scaling up that drawing ten or a hundred times with very simple math, you can reproduce it on a large scale for the gods to look down on. Nobody needs to be "up" to look down at it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I've never heard of the hammer before.  That one is a puzzler.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/pujTq8amDJk

What's the mystery behind it? I watched the video (no sound here) but didn't notice much? Is the mystery the fact the sphere hasn't rolled off?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/pujTq8amDJk

The light-colored spot is where it was attached to the pedestal. Every couple of months, the ball turns 1/8 turn or so, apparently of its own accord.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are a lot of artifacts found in solid rock, and in coal formations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah - it's a rapid concretion - dissolved sediment hardening around the hammer. Note the hammer is made of iron. If it were really old it would have rusted away. There's another example where someone left a felt hat in a mine and if fossilized from a similar process.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#36]
The stuff that amazes simpletons...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are wrong on many counts. Some of the stones are massive, much more than 2" in diameter. I have no idea where  you got that shit from. Secondly, the scientists themselves  while happy with their findings, admitted that they could not explain all of the movements. I saw the same show.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You are wrong on many counts. Some of the stones are massive, much more than 2" in diameter. I have no idea where  you got that shit from. Secondly, the scientists themselves  while happy with their findings, admitted that they could not explain all of the movements. I saw the same show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wind pushing stones on a slicker than snot wet surface sounds like the most likely cause. What other alternative theory would you suggest?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

After reading several Graham Hancock books, I agree with you completely
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several of his books in my to-read list. He may pop up on Ancient Aliens, but his books are pretty hard-data stuff.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion has nothing to do with this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This tends to be my theory as well.  The only thing that makes me pause is that if there were advanced or semi-advanced populations before the ice age building stuff, it seems natural that they would've built stuff in places the ice/floods didn't cover up too.  We see megalithic stone building all over the world.  If an ice age came and covered everything down to France, there would still be some evidence of megalithic stone building further south.  

But there's always that nagging feeling like we've lost a lot of knowledge, especially before/during the Ice Age.  We've gone from the Stone/Bronze Age to modern times in 4,000yrs.  Man has been around far longer and has been drawing in caves for at least 20,000yrs.  I can't imagine it took us 16,000yrs to get civilizations kickstarted.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ever been to Sedona?Those dinkuses actually believe that there is a spiritual vortex there because the juniper trees are twisted.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This tends to be my theory as well.  The only thing that makes me pause is that if there were advanced or semi-advanced populations before the ice age building stuff, it seems natural that they would've built stuff in places the ice/floods didn't cover up too.  We see megalithic stone building all over the world.  If an ice age came and covered everything down to France, there would still be some evidence of megalithic stone building further south.  

But there's always that nagging feeling like we've lost a lot of knowledge, especially before/during the Ice Age.  We've gone from the Stone/Bronze Age to modern times in 4,000yrs.  Man has been around far longer and has been drawing in caves for at least 20,000yrs.  I can't imagine it took us 16,000yrs to get civilizations kickstarted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There has been several catastrophic events in history, man builds up technology and civilization and something destroys it all either a natural event or induced by man. There were people in Europe just a few hundred years after Rome fell that had no idea who built all these roads and aqueducts and statues it must have been the gods they thought. The monks of the early Catholic Church saved and re-copied millions of old documents from the Romans and Greeks during the dark ages this knowledge eventually was the beginning of the renaissance. It took mankind in Europe almost 1000 years just to get back to the same technology level of the Romans and Greeks. After the renaissance it took another 600 or so years to get to the modern day space age.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

What is it you're suggesting? We can trace our migration routes via fossil remains. We have a pretty clear timeline of when we started to settle down, discover agriculture, and were able to build communities and eventually cities instead of the old hunter gather thing. I am sure there are little niches of civilization that we will never know about... but I guess that depends what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#46]
LOL.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Water accumulating at the base freezes, expands, and lifts the ball up a bit. This explains how it overcame the adhesive. Then one side melts before the other and gives a little rotation to it. If this happens a hundred days a year it would account for the small movement.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There has been several catastrophic events in history, man builds up technology and civilization and something destroys it all either a natural event or induced by man. There were people in Europe just a few hundred years after Rome fell that had no idea who built all these roads and aqueducts and statues it must have been the gods they thought. The monks of the early Catholic Church saved and re-copied millions of old documents from the Romans and Greeks during the dark ages this knowledge eventually was the beginning of the renaissance. It took mankind in Europe almost 1000 years just to get back to the same technology level of the Romans and Greeks. After the renaissance it took another 600 or so years to get to the modern day space age.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Water accumulating at the base freezes, expands, and lifts the ball up a bit. This explains how it overcame the adhesive. Then one side melts before the other and gives a little rotation to it. If this happens a hundred days a year it would account for the small movement.

DING DING DING!!

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm offended.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top