Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2014 11:35:48 PM EDT
Pretty refreshing video.  Can't wait to purchase a 458......one day *sigh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGlydjQI09o

enjoy
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy at :40-:50 looks like he's going to cry.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That guy is a racist.
He has the most diverse group of friends Ive ever seen, yet not a single black person drove his car.
Obviously racist.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The girl missing the tooth bothered me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
looks fun
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If I let 20 of my friends drive a Ferrari, I would guess 5 would crash it and 10 would come really close. The other 5 would be so scared to scratch it they likely wouldn't top 40mph. All those people looked like software engineers, a good group to let drive your Ferrari.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Friends in your teenage years and early 20's arent the same as the friends you get later in life. By then most people have ditched the fuck ups. My mates can borrow my stuff.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice. Its good to know that there is a pretty version of Anne Hathaway out there!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah.. FUCK THAT!

No way on earth I'd let those fuckers drive my shit.

Not because I'm anal about my cars, the whole get in and drive like an idiot factor is way too high
No thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The girl in the blue shirt and pony tail appreciated the car.

The fat dude in the blue vest, blue shirt and glasses was the only one to go through 2 gears without shifting at 4k RPMs like everyone else.  He was driving it like he stole it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't think there were that many people left out there who know how to drive a standard.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#11]
That would be fun.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#12]
That was great!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:17:34 AM EDT
[#13]
That is badass, still not sure I'd trust my friends to drive my cars.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't think there were that many people left out there who know how to drive a standard.
View Quote

Here in the UK most cars are standards, it seems the AF guys here all have automatics.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:24:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Here in the UK most cars are standards, it seems the AF guys here all have automatics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

focus groups
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:13:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nice. Its good to know that there is a pretty version of Anne Hathaway out there!

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a416/kineticeq/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-04-24-01-23-34_zpsmm0zymml.png
View Quote

Looks more like Sandra Bullock to me.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:28:44 AM EDT
[#16]
That's awesome

Frankly most of these people probably had to be coaxed into laying into, or at least that's my experience with my m3 (not a Ferrari, but with a low torque engine that is still building power at the 8300rpm redline, you need to keep the revs up)

I let most people drive it who I have seen drive a stick shift, and because it shifts so high, I get giggles out of them. Should have done the video taping, but I certainly remember my dad's reaction when he laid on it getting on the highway and we popped over 100mph while still on the onramp.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

this was my first though as well since so many of them appear to under 35
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#18]
That was great. @ 1:12 "there's a mustang behind us. LATER SUCKAS! "
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Couldn't do it.  Too many bad memories of my friends crashing my XR250R back in the day.  One ran it right through a rock wall.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd be on the chip  every gear.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#21]
If I could afford a Ferrari I would let my friends drive it. It's not like it wouldn't have insurance on it. I would guess the average Ferrari owner would be able to replace a totaled car. If not they prolly shouldn't have spent the cash on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't know that many people who can drive manual.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#23]
My first two thoughts as I watched the video was:

1 - Holy cow, he knows 20 people who can drive a stick

2 - He knows chicks who can drive a stick?  Fake.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Pretty cool of the guy, I think his decision would have bothered him if one of his friends lost control and totaled the car.  That's just me
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Dat gate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
He writes for Jalopnik. It's a given that all of his friends are going to know how to drive a stick.

All of my friends can, off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/kineticeq/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-04-24-01-23-34_zpsmm0zymml.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a416/kineticeq/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-04-24-01-23-34_zpsmm0zymml.png</a>
View Quote

that chick is VERY cute
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He writes for Jalopnik. It's a given that all of his friends are going to know how to drive a stick.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes more sense.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Hahaha! Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#31]
should be re titled 20 hipsters drive a Ferrari.  Also did that tard in the red really say it is a smoother ride than a MIATA. Ferrari Miata yeah pretty close
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a416/kineticeq/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-04-24-01-23-34_zpsmm0zymml.png

No,no,no. She's way more of a Anne Hathaway than a Sandy, Sandy is real world hot. I love a woman that doesn't augment everything, that can be beautiful without make-up, and simply stunning with it on. I have the ultimate hard on for Bullock, would do almost anything for one night with her.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

should be re titled 20 hipsters drive a Ferrari.  Also did that tard in the red really say it is a smoother ride than a MIATA. Ferrari Miata yeah pretty close
View Quote
That was a legitimate observation on his part. Miata's have kind of a firm ride, and I would have expected the Ferrari to be even firmer, especially over bumps.

It's also apparent to me that "hipster" has ceased to be a meaningful descriptor of anyone, at least on arfcom. It's morphed into some kind of catch-all for "people who don't look like me".
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#34]
I need different friends.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#35]
My 911 doesn't come out of the garage much anymore, but when it did, I always enjoyed letting people drive it and watching their reactions.  Many people muddle through their lives in their minivans without any chance to put time in behind the wheel of a "play" car.

I also enjoyed taking passengers with zero experience with performance driving on autocross runs.  Their reactions mirrored what mine was the first time I rode on a track with a driver that knew what he was doing; which was generally "holy shit, we are gong to die."

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was just thinking that myself. I don't know 20 people that I'd call a friend as it is, but about half of them couldn't drive a stick.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Before he passed away, my brother in law was pretty wealthy and had some awesome toys - he was super generous letting people behind the wheel. He let me drive his Detomaso Pantera around Mid-Ohio for a few laps and encouraged me to get on it. Fucking. Awesome. Been one of my dream cars ever since.

He also had a Porsche 935 factory race car that was a scream, and a Countach that I drove around a bit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#38]
I must be an anomoly, the vast majority of the people that I know can drive stick with some degree of competence.

Guy in the video is unusual amongst Ferrari owners. For someone in my socioeconomic status, I know a lot of people who own exotic cars. The majority of them don't even like people looking closely at their cars much less sitting in them.
Letting somebody drive them? Ha!

ETA: I was out car shopping earlier in the week. One of the trucks I test drove had a manual trans.
Salesman asked me if I knew how to drive stick before he went to get the keys, told him my daily was a stick.
Per him, a good 75% of people that come to look at cars do not know how to drive stick and that manual trans cars are really slow sellers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#39]
did that guy really say "it sounds better than a Camry" ?
scratch that....19 friends drove his car and one guy had to walk home

guy at 1:01 was the only guy to let the car sing
which is funny because he looks like he wouldnt know how to handle the car at all
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#40]
A couple of the guys looked like they were having OOB experiences, like almost fading in and out of consciousness.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Sharing fast cars is fun.

Here is a short video of a couple of my pals experiencing our turbocharged NSX for the first time (and giggling like schoolgirls  )

(sorry, embed fail);

http://youtu.be/jipKJm5SZrc

It had been dialed down to 600whp so the transaxle can survive....that's what the driver means by it being on the "mild setting" .

Cody Loveland built the car (LoveFab), and sure enough a couple years later the driver in the video sent his NSX to LoveFab for turbocharging, so the hit from the 'boost bong' was indeed instantly addicting!

Brian

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#42]
No one got out of second gear
No paddle shifter
Head rest is in serious need of repair
Would smash the brunette
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#43]
In episode 2 we show 20 friends how to change a clutch in a 360 Modena.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That was a legitimate observation on his part. Miata's have kind of a firm ride, and I would have expected the Ferrari to be even firmer, especially over bumps.  

It's also apparent to me that "hipster" has ceased to be a meaningful descriptor of anyone, at least on arfcom. It's morphed into some kind of catch-all for "people who don't look like me".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

didn't you get the memo?

it replaced yuppie
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#45]
One of my Fraternity brothers used to live with a Judge and he would take care of his mentally challenged son and one of the partners at the law firm let him borrow his Ferrari one year for our formal and his 911 the next.  Lots of fun blasting around Houston in those cars.  Everyone gave us the "DA FUQ ARE YOU 2 CHUCKLEHEADS DOING WITH THAT CAR?" looks.  Good times.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I have an uncle in florida that let me drive his Ferrari 308,he only had to tell me to get on it once..
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#47]
I've had some nice rides - Porsche Cayman S, 911 and C63 AMG.  I have no problem tossing the keys to my friends.  It's just a car.  Some of my friends will never be able to afford (or never choose to blow their $ on) a nice car.  I'm happy to share with them and let them enjoy something I enjoy.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#48]
let friends drive a 360 sure...a 458 ehhhhh no bueno.

Stopped a guy last night in a 700 HP Lambo Adevntor( ?????)  he was a NJ d bag..I wrote the shit outta him..welcome to the South  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
let friends drive a 360 sure...a 458 ehhhhh no bueno.

Stopped a guy last night in a 700 HP Lambo Adevntor( ?????)  he was a NJ d bag..I wrote the shit outta him..welcome to the South  

View Quote

I chuckled
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Head rest is in serious need of repair
View Quote

thought the same thing
its the Ferrari "Prancing Stallion" aka horse
just looks weird
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top