Quoted:

Booyah!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop making excuses the autopsy said the dog was shot from behind.

You got a link for that claim? I'd say that pretty much closes the case if you can provide proof.

Booyah!

You obviously didn't read the article either.
Let me guess you're the guy that shot the homeless guy in Albuquerque?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You obviously didn't read the article.
Let me guess your the guy that shot the homeless guy in Albuquerque?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop making excuses the autopsy said the dog was shot from behind.

You got a link for that claim? I'd say that pretty much closes the case if you can provide proof.

Booyah!

You obviously didn't read the article.
Let me guess your the guy that shot the homeless guy in Albuquerque?

You're wrong....just here for the beatings.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I figured you were joking since you were the one talking about how things would be different if the circumstances were different...
Uhh,....yeah, that's why they call it "different".
In other words, I was mocking you for bringing up a point that had nothing to do with this story to somehow make people second guess their opinions about the officer's actions.

As you were...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this was a story about some jogger who got mauled by a dog, most of the comments would be about shooting the dog before it bit you.

Who would go jogging in someone else's barn?

Is that a joke or are you differently abled

I figured you were joking since you were the one talking about how things would be different if the circumstances were different...
Uhh,....yeah, that's why they call it "different".
In other words, I was mocking you for bringing up a point that had nothing to do with this story to somehow make people second guess their opinions about the officer's actions.

As you were...

Press the button next to your bed and tell the nice man with the butterfly net to take away your laptop and turn out the lights.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Depends if the dog was actually attacking. This shoot first ask questions later shit need to stop.
Seem to be a huge jump in people being shot also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckheads.  If those idiots are that scared of a small herding dog (doing exactly what they are trained/bread to do), WTF are they going to do when they get a serious life/death type call?  

Here's 2 of mine that are sisters with week old kittens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZpUwQ4NMxA

So really you are mostly upset because the dog was of a breed that you also own. Do you expect every Police Officer to be an expert on cattle dog breeds? If the story was about a pit bull would you be just as upset?

Depends if the dog was actually attacking. This shoot first ask questions later shit need to stop.

Because GD says so? There are hundreds of thousands of Police officers involved in literally millions of interactions with the public on a daily basis. Some of you need to back away from the computer and take a deep breath.

I own an 80 pound golden retriever. He wouldn't hurt a fly, but when he growls and barks he is actually quite intimidating.  He shows his teeth, snarls and drools. If he got loose and ran at someone doing that I wouldn't expect the person to be a golden retriever expert and know he won't bite them. I'm not blaming the dog owner here either, because it took the Police so long to arrive how was he supposed to know. But expecting an officer to automatically know that breed of cattle dog won't bite and that specific dog is friendly when its running at you barking isn't realistic.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Press the button next to your bed and tell the nice man with the butterfly net to take away your laptop and turn out the lights.
View Quote

Wicked incoherent burn, brah.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So really you are mostly upset because the dog was of a breed that you also own. Do you expect every Police Officer to be an expert on cattle dog breeds? If the story was about a pit bull would you be just as upset?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckheads.  If those idiots are that scared of a small herding dog (doing exactly what they are trained/bread to do), WTF are they going to do when they get a serious life/death type call?  

Yes, I would.  LEO responded a few DAYS after the break in.  There was no immediate threat.  The LEO could have easily sat in his car and asked his dispatch to call the land owner to inform him that a LEO was there and was concerned, or better yet the LEO could have either responded immediately or set up a specific time (common in my neck of the US).
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Because GD says so? There are hundreds of thousands of Police officers involved in literally millions of interactions with the public on a daily basis. Some of you need to back away from the computer and take a deep breath.

I own an 80 pound golden retriever. He wouldn't hurt a fly, but when he growls and barks he is actually quite intimidating.  He shows his teeth, snarls and drools. If he got loose and ran at someone doing that I wouldn't expect the person to be a golden retriever expert and know he won't bite them. I'm not blaming the dog owner here either, because it took the Police so long to arrive how was he supposed to know. But expecting an officer to automatically know that breed of cattle dog won't bite and that specific dog is friendly when its running at you barking isn't realistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So every dog that runs at a cop should be shot?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm just lost on the idea that deadly force can be used around other people against the threat of an animal bite.  No compute.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Cops have taken this "I can't even be touched attitude" without the use of force.  It's a dangerous job, you might get hurt.  If you are so nervous that you have to shoot an old man pointing a cane at you, or Lassy playing in her own yard, here's your sign.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the officer honestly feels like the dog is a threat and that he is about to be bitten. Maybe this officer was already away from his car walking toward the house. He certainly isn't beating the dog in a running race. If your 55 pound cattle dog is running at me barking and growling and I have no place to go what other choice do I have? Not all officers carry tasers, batons, or pepper spray.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because with today's modern technology such as a cell phone, it would be way too much for the cop to call the land owner and ask about a dog on a farm being friendly.
You know, after he showed up three hours after the call came in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Do cops only know how to beat the snot out of people?

I've never shot a dog.  I've kicked a few.  They didn't come back after getting kicked.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If the officer honestly feels like the dog is a threat and that he is about to be bitten. Maybe this officer was already away from his car walking toward the house. He certainly isn't beating the dog in a running race. If your 55 pound cattle dog is running at me barking and growling and I have no place to go what other choice do I have? Not all officers carry tasers, batons, or pepper spray.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask your UPS or FedX driver how he has survived all these years....

Milkbones aren't as much fun I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what the excuse is for the 87,000 that were shot already. They will never admit fault either.

The time has come for them to be wearing body mounted go pro's the minute they clock in. They also need to start weeding out the screwups and criminals in all departments. Then maybe they can re gain the public s trust.

Still can't understand why Arfcom bashes all unions but police unions. Unions always protect the assholes in the group. The unions will punish the whistle blowers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops only carry guns and one bullet in your world. Lol, most of them finger fuck every gadget they can get their hands on. Get real.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Because with today's modern technology such as a cell phone, it would be way too much for the cop to call the land owner and ask about a dog on a farm being friendly.
You know, after he showed up three hours after the call came in.
View Quote

You think Police sit there on their phones and call the house every time they arrive to a call? Listen to the video. The dog was with his owner and then started barking and ran away "out of sight". The dog probably heard the officer walking up the driveway and ran toward him. You think that's harder to believe than the officer saw the dog coming and purposely got out of the car with the intent of shooting the dog?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kick it and yell, Jesus.  I learned that at 13 when I had a few aggressive Rots and Dobermans on my paper route.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So only a sociopath can shoot a dog that's unsecured on a leash, showing it's teeth and moving towards you or a third party?
Otherwise...the officer should never shoot any animal, no matter the danger?

Dogs care a number of diseases (including rabies) which have no cure, including being able to kill you (depending upon the breed).
Secure your dogs and you won't have a problem.  Dogs are not people.  Neither are they intelligent enough to defend themselves.
They have instincts which have been passed down from generations which are to protect the home/owners.  That can be a real problem
if the owners are shitbags and the police have to enter the property of said shitbags.  The dog is going to know no different.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the stupid owners.  Police officers and firefighters don't get paid to be bit by any animal.  Especially animals
who haven't been properly vaccinated/cared for (as we know all the hooligans up in the hood are up to date on all of their dogs' vaccinations and such.
Nearly all of these things come back on the owner.

So please, keep your hyperbole to yourself.  Nearly any officer would shoot an aggressive dog off its leash or attacking another officer while in a suspect's home--especially if its a dog exhibiting weird behavior
which could be rabies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is some serious sociopaths that become cops.

So only a sociopath can shoot a dog that's unsecured on a leash, showing it's teeth and moving towards you or a third party?

Dogs care a number of diseases (including rabies) which have no cure, including being able to kill you (depending upon the breed).
Secure your dogs and you won't have a problem.  Dogs are not people.  Neither are they intelligent enough to defend themselves.
They have instincts which have been passed down from generations which are to protect the home/owners.  That can be a real problem
if the owners are shitbags and the police have to enter the property of said shitbags.  The dog is going to know no different.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the stupid owners.  Police officers and firefighters don't get paid to be bit by any animal.  Especially animals
who haven't been properly vaccinated/cared for (as we know all the hooligans up in the hood are up to date on all of their dogs' vaccinations and such.

So please, keep your hyperbole to yourself.  Nearly any officer would shoot an aggressive dog off its leash or attacking another officer while in a suspect's home--especially if its a dog exhibiting weird behavior
which could be rabies.

How many mailmen are bitten by dogs every year?
How many die?
How many dogs are shot by mailmen?

Yeah. Somehow the "rain nor sleet nor dead of night" crowd can manage to interact with dogs every day without killing them, yet our fine LEO heros cannot manage?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cops only carry guns and one bullet in your world. Lol, most of them finger fuck every gadget they can get their hands on. Get real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of them will carry as little as possible if allowed. Most cops are not gear nuts like we are on Arfcom.  Hell, I only carry a firearm and cuffs most of the time but I am not uniformed patrol.  I try and carry OC if I know I have to do some field work....mainly with dog encounters in mind.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How many die?

Yeah. Somehow the "rain nor sleet nor dead of night" crowd can manage to interact with dogs every day without killing them, yet our fine LEO heros cannot manage?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

How many die?

Exactly
There was a thread on some bragging how many they shot on a different forum. I'll try to find it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/25/cop-shot-family-dog-called-it-awesome_n_5030213.html

During the lawsuit proceedings, it was discovered officer Brice Woolly failed multiple psychological exams required to be a police officer. At some point, Woolly was allowed to join the ranks.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-sinister-past-murders-family-pet-brags/

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
was this a problem 20 years ago?

if not why? what has changed?
View Quote

That is a good point.

There seems to be a few new problems that are plaguing law enforcement in the last few years and with increasing regularity.

The roots of which are in the massive expansion of government.  It is finally effecting every aspect of every person's life.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How many die?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

How many die?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/postal-service-announces-cities-dog-attacks/story?id=13590937

Last year 5,669 postal employees were attacked by dogs in more than 1,400 cities across the United States, according statistics released by the U.S. Postal Service.

State Farm Insurance reported that it had nearly 3,500 claims for dog bites nationally in 2010, and paid out more than $90 million in claims. In 2010, California led the top 10 list of claims for dog bites with 369 attacks reported and more than $11 million paid in claims. Together the top five states accounted for nearly $35 million.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Dogs-Owner-Is-Devastated-Daughter.html

Postal officials said it appears a dog lunged at 33-year old Eddie Lin while he was delivering mail on Stanley Street in Oceanside on May 25, causing Lin to hit his head on the ground. Lin, a father of three, died ten days after the attack.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/19857677/posta

Robert Rochester was attacked by a dog last week. He died from his injuries Wednesday.
The dog bit the postal carrier on both legs, one arm, and his stomach.  He had been home recovering since Friday, when his wife of more than 30-years said he began having chest pains Wednesday night, before passing away.  
"He was being attacked for 25 minutes out there."  But Cruz explained, "No cars would open the door for him, no cars, everybody was just beeping."  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How many die?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

How many die?

Are you implying being bit should just be part of the job for mailmen and thus cops too?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#24]
And the USPS stats have what to do with this?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Are you implying being bit should just be part of the job for mailmen and thus cops too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

How many die?

You're seriously putting postal workers on the same professional pedestal as LEOs?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I love my cattle dog more then the cops I work with;.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're seriously putting postal workers on the same professional pedestal as LEOs?

View Quote

Explain?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And the USPS stats have what to do with this?

View Quote

Ummm someone asked the question maybe so someone else provided the stats?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Explain?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

which could be rabies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

Dog was shot in the back of head as per vet report  "So please, keep your hyperbole to yourself."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

Yea reposting that is not what I am asking.  I was asking a question and you come in with this rather odd post.  It makes no sense.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yea reposting that is not what I am asking.  I was asking a question and you come in with this rather odd post.  It makes no sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

My opinion is very clear.  You're the same buffoon using the same tactic in the drunk driving thread.  Go to bed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That is a good point.

There seems to be a few new problems that are plaguing law enforcement in the last few years and with increasing regularity.

The roots of which are in the massive expansion of government.  It is finally effecting every aspect of every person's life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a good point.

I would like to see random steroid testing in police departments these days. Some of the videos make me shake my head and ask what was he thinking? Having worked in a fitness center for years I encountered enough roid rage to seriously question if that is a cause of actions we see by some LEO's these days.

http://www.steroids.info/2012/12/21/ongoing-steroid-investigation-into-albuquerque-police-officers/
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I would like to see random steroid testing in police departments these days. Some of the videos make me shake my head and ask what was he thinking? Having worked in a fitness center for years I encountered enough roid rage to seriously question if that is a cause of actions we see by some LEO's these days.

http://www.steroids.info/2012/12/21/ongoing-steroid-investigation-into-albuquerque-police-officers/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a good point.

Guy i went to school with back east became a cop and within a years time all of a sudden he's real muscular now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Farmer calls Police to report a break-in.

Police show up.

"The barking dog then jumped down and Middleton lost sight of her."

Officer shots dog.

Officer apologizes to owner. "Listen to me partner, I feel bad about shooting your dog. I had no other choice, I wasn't going to get bit"

Do you honestly think the officer went to that house with the intention of shooting a dog?
View Quote

He showed up to take a report, do they get bonus points for shooting dogs?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well I have never shot one and neither has anyone I work with for the time that I have been there.  Hell, I have been bitten and still didn't shoot.  What I have done though is seen many a Joe Public who mistreats, kills, and fails to take adequate care of their animals.  Maybe I should not respect the public at large anymore?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if cops have any idea why people don't respect them anymore.

Well I have never shot one and neither has anyone I work with for the time that I have been there.  Hell, I have been bitten and still didn't shoot.  What I have done though is seen many a Joe Public who mistreats, kills, and fails to take adequate care of their animals.  Maybe I should not respect the public at large anymore?

I think the part in red is the point of this whole discussion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Cattle dogs are just as mean as anything else.

Putting "cattle dog" in the title doesn't change anything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

How many die?

Good point. That's an insult to letter carriers everywhere!
On a serious note, my grandfather was a career cop. He never shot a dog, and was never bit either. Nobody's asking cops to get bit as part of their job, just for them to use some fucking common sense. Stop murdering dogs who are just following the instinct to protect their pack/territory. Is it that fucking difficult for 911 operators to ask if there's a dog on the property, and plan accordingly? I can understand having to shoot a dog while serving a criminal warrant, or while responding to a true law enforcement emergency... But if it's a routine call like the one in the article there's no excuse for killing a dog. I am pro law enforcement, but it's past time we start punishing bad cops, and cops who make bad decisions and hurt or kill innocent bystanders. It's the only way this shit will change.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think its a combination of a couple of things:

1)  People in L.E. who simply have NO experience with being around dogs, and are not able to tell the difference between a dog running to say hello to someone new vs a dog charging for an attack.  I am a dog owners, I'll be the first to admit an unknown dog running towards you can be unnerving.  I just had that last week with a large bloodhound I had never seen before (didn't recognize the breed until it was only a couple of feet away) that had broken away from its owner while I was out walking my dog.  It was unnerving at first, until I realized the dog was not acting aggressively and simply wanted to play.

2)  My personal belief is that many (not all, but many) in LE are simply trigger happy.  For fucks sake...they are equipped with pepper spray also (at least around here they are), yet you never read about them using it against a dog.  It's always the gun that is their first choice.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Cattle dogs are just as mean as anything else.

Putting "cattle dog" in the title doesn't change anything.
View Quote

They are not that big of a dog. They love to heard people, kids and cats, so naturally they run up to ya and bark and  like a lot of other dogs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:13:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Understandable, shooting him would be the only way to stop mine from ripping your nuts off if you act aggressively towards my family. You better hope your accuracy is right on, he's a fast fucker.

Seriously though, my cattle dog is family, and will be protected as such.  I've already used my ccw to save him once.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:24:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Cattle dogs will bite your ass. Their owners think it's funny. Happened to me twice. Once as a kid.
Gr
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Cattle dogs will bite your ass.

Gr
View Quote

Not mine. All about how your raise and socialize them with other people, kids, dogs, cats.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Understandable, shooting him would be the only way to stop mine from ripping your nuts off if you act aggressively towards my family. You better hope your accuracy is right on, he's a fast fucker.

Seriously though, my cattle dog is family, and will be protected as such.  I've already used my ccw to save him once.

View Quote

I hope you have good homeowners insurance that covers your dog

Gr
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Gr
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gr

I do, and he's a fantastic dog. He's gentle as a lamb with my 2 year old son.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I highly doubt that 7+ dogs are shot every day, 365 days in a row, by LEO.

View Quote

Try closer to 18 a day ..... 365 days a year. (6500)

One LEO here on ARFCOM said last week that he as "lost count" on how many he as shot.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:57:17 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

seriously?   what the fuck kind of "man" pepper sprays a baby squirrel ?  While I consider them tree rats, that seemed pretty unnecessary.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top