BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're "our" version of a George Soros.

Basically.

They're evil...but they're our evil. So it's ok with some.

I'm completely against what both of them do...even if it is for our cause.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Indifferent. There's really no evidence they've helped us out, in any substantive way. A+ for effort, though.

Basically.

Pretty much it. They inherited their money from dad, who earned it by helping Stalin develop the Caspian oil fields. There are no white knights in shining armor working for anyone. It's more of a case of who's crooks are doing what.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Pretty much it. They inherited their money from dad, who earned it by helping Stalin develop the Caspian oil fields. There are no white knights in shining armor working for anyone. It's more of a case of who's crooks are doing what.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indifferent. There's really no evidence they've helped us out, in any substantive way. A+ for effort, though.

Basically.

Their father had to go to the USSR to build refineries.  Crony capitalists and the government blocked him from building refineries using his more efficient process in the US.  That's who Charles and David Koch are philosophically opposed to crony capitalism that is so embraced by Washington DC today.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Why did I read that in a Daffy Duck voice?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I came here to make fun of HK. I guess we're talking about a different "Koch."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Easy. Take the power out of politics.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Totally agree with you on what you say. I just wish I knew a way to keep big money out of politics.

I'm being facetious of course, but that really is the root of the problem. Politicians have power (more power than they ought to), which creates a MASSIVE incentive to use them to your benefit.

Until that changes (and it won't), big money will always find a way. You can pass every stupid campaign finance law you want, and they WILL find ways to side-step them. Legally.

If politicians were incapable if wielding the immense amount of power they do, there would be no incentive to throw millions at them.
This here.  People buy off politicians because unfortunately they're worth the money.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Bill Koch is really cool, I have hunted w/him, shoot guns w/him and in his house he has the most EPIC collection of famous guns, Old West stuff, Civil war stuff you could imagine. He has guns from Jesse James, Wild Bill Hickok, etc....he put on a big a show here last year and it filled up the entire Grand Ball Room of the Ritz Carlton...it was only about 20% of his collection..

I have some cool pics of us that I would like to post ...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are attacked by Reid strictly for the purposes of raising money from the Left: http://www.tpnn.com/2014/04/22/democrat-harry-reid-admits-the-real-reason-he-viciously-attacks-the-koch-brothers/
View Quote

Came in to post this...

Libertarian leaning family businessmen, and generous philanthropists. Genuine good people, unlike some of the James Bond villains who are puppet-masters for the progressives.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

^This.  Only reason to half-way care is that they cause Lieberal heads to implode.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Basically.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically.

What have they done?  Only thing I hear/read about them is from pinkos in the yahoo comments section and I am not about to trust their words.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm being facetious of course, but that really is the root of the problem. Politicians have power (more power than they ought to), which creates a MASSIVE incentive to use them to your benefit.

Until that changes (and it won't), big money will always find a way. You can pass every stupid campaign finance law you want, and they WILL find ways to side-step them. Legally.

If politicians were incapable if wielding the immense amount of power they do, there would be no incentive to throw millions at them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Totally agree with you on what you say. I just wish I knew a way to keep big money out of politics.

Subnet...is correct.

Asking the folks that occupy the offices that created the problem to give up the power of the purse and solve the problem is futile. Any law passed will have backdoors in them to side-step the law.

Removing that power would require the will of the people and a SCOTUS willing to reverse many awful depression era court findings that tread upon the constitution and expanded the commerce clause beyond its original intent.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Meh.

If I had the $, I'd throw it around too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in Wichita, and Koch is big shit around here.  They do a LOT of philanthropic work.  Just a small example that personally impacted me, when I was in high school they funded a class called Youth Entrepreneurs of Kansas.  They gave every student in the class a "biz bag" which was actually a fairly nice messenger type bag with receipt book, a nice electronic organizer/Rolodex, not a cheap one either, and 3 different text books, a business plan workbook that I could probably make use of tomorrow if I were starting a business, it helps you figure out ALL the financial stuff, how much you'll need to sell, how much you'll need to charge, what your ROI will be and when and a bunch of other stuff school and business related. IIRC each bag was worth several hundred dollars worth of the supplies provided by them free of cost provided you didn't just skip out with the bag and not participate in the class.  

In addition to all that at the end of the year they paid for our class to go to sam's and buy supplies(each group of 5 students got I think $75 for buying supplies) to run a "small business" in the school.  We got to keep all profits and didn't even have to pay back the original $75.  The students were held accountable for their biz bag basically as long as you saw the class through til the end and didn't just drop out and not return the bag it and everything in is was yours to keep.  It was a great learning experience and made a big difference in my life.  My sister also took that class IIRC.  

Nothing like that would have happened in our school would have happened without their support.  As far as I know that program is STILL going 15 years later.  That's not pissing money down the drain for welfare, that's taking kids and trying to help them WANT to make something of themselves.  

Another part of the class that I found pretty interesting was we did a stock purchase as groups, and we got to see how that all worked, as high school kids, something most high school kids probably at that time didn't know about.

I also know several people that work for them from security to accounting and ALL are well paid.  So I have a hard time with anyone that tries to say they're evil, when my albeit fairly limited experiences with their works have all been very positive.

Libtards just hate them for being rich and conservative, nothing more, nothing less.  If it wasn't them, it'd be the next biggest donors on the list.

ETA: corrections, formatting..some other shit
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They are GREAT Americans who epitomize all that is good in the country.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Once again Arfcoms resident Liberals/DU trolls posing as gun enthusiasts can't help themselves.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Once again Arfcoms resident Liberals/DU trolls posing as gun enthusiasts can't help themselves.
View Quote

lol the Koch brothers draw libtards like a moth to a flame.  They really can't help themselves, the libtards, don't know about the folks here specifically, but yeah.  Kinda like 9/11 and Chemtrails draws out the infowars morons.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Throw in a Gov. Palin reference and they will have fits and spasms and frothing at the mouth.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol the Koch brothers draw libtards like a moth to a flame.  They really can't help themselves, the libtards, don't know about the folks here specifically, but yeah.  Kinda like 9/11 and Chemtrails draws out the infowars morons.

Throw in a Gov. Palin reference and they will have fits and spasms and frothing at the mouth.  
Throw in Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck and they start having a heart attack

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Aren't they only in the oil business?

Do they do fracking? Liberals get all upset about that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Asphalt, chemicals,commodities trading, energy,fibers, fertilizers, finance,minerals, natural gas, plastics,petroleum, pulp and paper,ranching

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_Industries

They are in a lot of stuff

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Asphalt, chemicals,commodities trading, energy,fibers, fertilizers, finance,minerals, natural gas, plastics,petroleum, pulp and paper,ranching

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZOMG they frack no wonder the libs hate them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't say I've ever heard anything about them that pisses  me off.  Could be that I just missed it.  But I don't get that twitchy eyelid thing when I hear the Koch's mentioned in the news.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top