Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was the guy on-duty or in a take home car off-duty?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are public servant charged with protecting the community it is.

Was the guy on-duty or in a take home car off-duty?

Cops are never off duty ... right?

Not sure if he was on duty or if car was marked or if he was in uniform. That being said it is well known that he is a sheriffs deputy for the country.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Want a real answer to who is at fault. Ask an insurance adjuster, not the cops. It's obvious who would be paying out on this one if there had been an injury.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

As common law is generally predicated on 'what a reasonable and prudent man would do' I should think asking if the child needed medical attention would fill the bill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How, pray tell, do you provide reasonable assistance to a skinned knee?

As common law is generally predicated on 'what a reasonable and prudent man would do' I should think asking if the child needed medical attention would fill the bill.

As I'm not a Doctor, I wouldn't profess to have the medical expertise to evaluate a child's injuries, especially if I didn't see them during the fall. I would have to ask if they were hurt and rely on them to provide a response...not just shrug my shoulders and go in the house. "Put a band-aid on it". Fuck me.

One's actions and response should be predicated on the needs, real or imagined, of the child and/or her parents.

I always thought instances like that are why we buy insurance.

If that's what happened, then yea, fuck the guy.

Based on the parents' in the video, I'm thinking his reaction was to them, not the child.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No... North Carolina made it up..

North Carolina General Statutes § 20-173

(c)  The driver of a vehicle emerging from or entering an alley, building entrance, private road, or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian, or person riding a bicycle, approaching on any sidewalk or walkway extending across such alley, building entrance, road, or driveway. (1937, c. 407, s. 134; 1973, c. 1330, s. 32.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The driver hit a bicycle rider. He is at fault.
It does not make a difference if she was on his property. I accidentally shot this guy but it isn't my fault because he is on my property. Right?
Huh?

Did you just make that law up?

(c)  The driver of a vehicle emerging from or entering an alley, building entrance, private road, or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian, or person riding a bicycle, approaching on any sidewalk or walkway extending across such alley, building entrance, road, or driveway. (1937, c. 407, s. 134; 1973, c. 1330, s. 32.)

Read much?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is more like it, now you are proving the point that being on the job does make a difference. If you witnessed your kid being knocked over and had it in your mind that the asshole neighbor did it on purpose (whether true or not does not matter, just what you think matters), then you could find things to charge him with (maybe add a good beatdown as well for not respecting your authority), exactly what we've been saying would happen if roles were reversed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The TBL kind of disgusts me in this thread.

Shame on you for trying to rationalize that guys actions.

Bottom line, a child was hurt, doesn't matter who's property... What kind of man clips a child's bike to prove a point?

A piece of shit, that's who.

Who has rationalized anything?

If he did that to make a point, then it was intentional, and the fucker should catch an ass beating. Then I wouldn't have a problem "finding" something to charge him with.

This is more like it, now you are proving the point that being on the job does make a difference. If you witnessed your kid being knocked over and had it in your mind that the asshole neighbor did it on purpose (whether true or not does not matter, just what you think matters), then you could find things to charge him with (maybe add a good beatdown as well for not respecting your authority), exactly what we've been saying would happen if roles were reversed.

Hook, line and sinker.

You guys are perfectly predictable.

You should research what quotes mean.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
NC Gen Stat 20- 158(b)(2)(b)

Failure to yield right-of-way to bicycle, motor scooter, or motorcycle

4 points on license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://s29.postimg.org/o2b89btjr/Capture.jpg

It happens.  Just not to our special JBT snowflakes.

TBL is active today, enabling, excuse making and resorting to mockery.

No surprises here . . . . .

So lets hear under which UTC code you would issue a citation for this?

4 points on license.

So you implying that the kid had the right of way then, right?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4 points on license.

Sounds like the kids were stopped at the curb by Smiths mailbox - which would have had them having yielded the right-of-way to the SUV....but I wasn't there.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why are you going to apologize for? Sorry you should keep your kid off other peoples property and shit like this won't happen.

Kind of like Zimmerman apologzing for shooting Tray-tray.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not say that.

However the chances of your kid being struck by a vehicle in someone elses driveway goes down a lot if you keep your kids off of other peoples property.

I don't disagree, but the fact of the matter is that whether or not she was at the foot of his driveway, or clear up by his fucking garage door, he hit a little kid on her bike.  Any decent human being would have handled the situation differently.  How about apologizing, and asking the parent to try and keep her kid out of his driveway in the future so an accident like that doesn't happen?  Seems pretty simple to me.

Why are you going to apologize for? Sorry you should keep your kid off other peoples property and shit like this won't happen.

Kind of like Zimmerman apologzing for shooting Tray-tray.
I am looking for the part it says she was in his driveway because all it says is that she was near his driveway and that he turned into his driveway.

ETA: I sure hope no girl scouts ever walkup your driveway because apparently you think it is free game to run them down
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So you want to claim that if the situation were reversed, and I knocked a cop's 5 year old off their bike turning into my driveway, and when he protested I told him to "put a fucking bandaid on it", that I would not have received any sort of citation at all?  It would have gone down exactly like this episode.  Is that what you're claiming?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had the exact same scenario played out with a police officers kid you bet your ass someone is getting cited, if not worse.

And that's the answer to the question, "Why does it matter that he's a cop"?  Because reverse the situation and this damn sure doesn't play out the same way, and everybody knows it.

It's insane the level of power some of you project on to cops.  I hate to break it to you but we don't have special powers and all.

So you want to claim that if the situation were reversed, and I knocked a cop's 5 year old off their bike turning into my driveway, and when he protested I told him to "put a fucking bandaid on it", that I would not have received any sort of citation at all?  It would have gone down exactly like this episode.  Is that what you're claiming?

Rodney King  didnt get the beating you would receive

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Read much?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does not make a difference if she was on his property. I accidentally shot this guy but it isn't my fault because he is on my property. Right?
Huh?

Read much?

Maybe a bit more than you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 points on license.

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I've come to the conclusion that there are more assholes posting in this thread then I would have thought. Your property or not, you don't run over a kid riding their bicycle, especially on a driveway. For Christ's sake, there isn't a single thing that can justify that behavior. Your private property rights don't trump common decency. If you think they do, you're an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
A simple sorry goes a long ways. I also come from WI where we apologize if our deer goes into someone else's land.

If I was the cop I would've said I was sorry, asked if the girl was ok, heck gave her a band aid to make her "feel" better, even if I was in the right or wrong. Mainly to show a lighter side/personable side to the department and given more props to me. Handling anything like an asshole expects unwanted attention.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've come to the conclusion that there are more assholes posting in this thread then I would have thought. Your property or not, you don't run over a kid riding their bicycle, especially on a driveway. For Christ's sake, there isn't a single thing that can justify that behavior. Your private property rights don't trump common decency. If you think they do, you're an asshole.
View Quote

i agree good thing nobody got run over in this situation
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?

Read much?

ouch....

bottom line is if your in a SUV pulling into your driveway you do not have right of way to pedestrian traffic. Just because they are in your way or even God forbid on your property you cant just bump them out of the way or roll over them.

The correct course of action is to wait until the pedestrian traffic clears then pull in. If it wont clear roll down your window and ask them to GTFO. If that fails park your truck and flash the badge and tell them to move. Cop is at fault for the impact. Parents are at fault for not policing their kid away from traffic. One of those are a covered by NC statute shown above.

Sounds like two neighbors who don't get along and both are trying to see who can be the bigger prick to me. One was simply more reckless than the other.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I am a watch commander and supervise a entire patrol squad. If one of my officers pulled this stunt I woul flip my shit.
For starters take home vehicle would be gone. Public apology to family and community would be next. I would recommend 1 month suspension WITHOUT pay to the chief, and he would completely back me. The officer would also have a silent sergeant placed in his vehicle to monitor his driving habits, if and when he came back to work.
There is no place for this kind if shit in police work. All it does is drive a wedge between us and the community.
Officers wonder why the community distrust the police, because of shenanigans like this. I am all for my guys doing thier job and putting shitheads in jail, but they WILL do it with professionalism and respect. Bottom line is this guy should be charged with careless and reckless driving if the parents story is completely accurate.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sounds like the kids were stopped at the curb by Smiths mailbox - which would have had them having yielded the right-of-way to the SUV....but I wasn't there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4 points on license.

Hrm. I'm having a difficult time coming up with an argument.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Read much?

LOL, I gotta pay more attention.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It should be a requirement that every person posting a negative article about law enforcement should post 2 positive ones as well.
View Quote

Problem with that is that there aren't any positives
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#21]
At face value the guy could have simply said "Gee I'm sorry your daughter got hurt. Is there something I can do to help?"
If it were me that's what I would have done.

8 pages of typical GD LEO responses...how some of you still have a job is beyond me.  

Obviously the above is not intended for all LEO...we all know there are some LEO here that have integrity.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
At face value the guy could have simply said "Gee I'm sorry your daughter got hurt. Is there something I can do to help?"

8 pages of typical GD LEO responses...how some of you still have a job is beyond me.  

Obviously the above is not intended for all LEO...we all know there are some LEO here that have integrity.

Bob
View Quote

Proper procedure at my dept. would have been to call ems just to be safe. Render first aid untill they arrive and notify a supervisor to report to the scene ASAP.
I have had a officer involved in a pedestrian wreck. It was minor thank god, but if he would have acted like this dick I would have had his ass.

Read my above post.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Thanks !

Maybe Bama will come back and stir things back up. He was actually the one I had an issue with.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pretty much what mom said happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everybody keeps saying "reverse the situation"....ok...let's reverse it.

Your average GD type is driving home after a long day at the office. As you pull near your house you see Mrs Jones walking with some young kids on their bikes. As you near your driveway they stop moving in front of your mailbox as you make the turn.

For whatever reason, you are distracted, tired or just forgot you are driving a vehicle that is 87 feet long you cut the corner a bit too sharp. Don't think much of it.

As you pull into your parking spot, hop out and dream of the steak you will cook and post online in a dinner pic later that evening, Mrs Jones comes flying up the driveway at you cursing, screaming, calling you a jackass and telling you to go  fuck your dead mother. She's on your property and screaming like a lunatic. I mean loud.

You really want us to now believe that all the internet badasses in GD would immediately beg for forgiveness, rush to the child's aide and offer to pay for her collage?

Yea.....fuck no they wouldn't. They'd run to the internets to post in GD about how they bladed at 45, had a massive adrenaline dump and told that cunt to fuck right off.

You are held at a higher standard as a police officer. You must act with professionalism at all times while wearing a badge. Guy acted like a spoiled little jackass.
He should be fucking ashamed of himself. He also embarrassed the shit out of his department. It could have been handled way better.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It should be a requirement that every person posting a negative article about law enforcement should post 2 positive ones as well.

I genuinely hope you are being sarcastic.  If not....damn.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Proper procedure at my dept. would have been to call ems just to be safe. Render first aid untill they arrive and notify a supervisor to report to the scene ASAP.
I have had a officer involved in a pedestrian wreck. It was minor thank god, but if he would have acted like this dick I would have had his ass.

Read my above post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob

Read my above post.

Good on you, professionalism goes a loooong way and it shows!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your average GD type is driving home after a long day at the office. As you pull near your house you see Mrs Jones walking with some young kids on their bikes. As you near your driveway they stop moving in front of your mailbox as you make the turn.

For whatever reason, you are distracted, tired or just forgot you are driving a vehicle that is 87 feet long you cut the corner a bit too sharp. Don't think much of it.

As you pull into your parking spot, hop out and dream of the steak you will cook and post online in a dinner pic later that evening, Mrs Jones comes flying up the driveway at you cursing, screaming, calling you a jackass and telling you to go  fuck your dead mother. She's on your property and screaming like a lunatic. I mean loud.

You really want us to now believe that all the internet badasses in GD would immediately beg for forgiveness, rush to the child's aide and offer to pay for her collage?

Yea.....fuck no they wouldn't. They'd run to the internets to post in GD about how they bladed at 45, had a massive adrenaline dump and told that cunt to fuck right off.

Not even close.

1. Accident.
2. Mom waits for Deputy douche to exit vehicle.
3. DD exits vehicle.
4. Mom tells DD "Thanks of knocking down my kid."
4. DD says "Get off my property"
5. Fireworks.

Sooooooo try again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Why would you apologize for something that is not your fault?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not say that.

However the chances of your kid being struck by a vehicle in someone elses driveway goes down a lot if you keep your kids off of other peoples property.

That's pretty reaching. And really, so what?  What kid rides their bike only in their driveway?  And the guy couldn't apologize?  And the sheriff couldn't find another damn unclaimed bike?  Every dept has 50 of them laying around collecting rust.

You are pretty dialed in on most things.

But your position on this one is nothing short of fucked with a side of tard.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Kids mom is there she can do first aid.

They did not even take the kid for medical treatment the day of the accident. Apparently a bandaid took care of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Au contraire. This is the Texas code. A google search returned results for numerous states.

Sec. 550.023.  DUTY TO GIVE INFORMATION AND RENDER AID.  The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the injury or death of a person or damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:

(1)  give the operator's name and address, the registration number of the vehicle the operator was driving, and the name of the operator's motor vehicle liability insurer to any person injured or the operator or occupant of or person attending a vehicle involved in the collision;

(2)  if requested and available, show the operator's driver's license to a person described by Subdivision (1);  and

(3) provide any person injured in the accident reasonable assistance, including transporting or making arrangements for transporting the person to a physician or hospital for medical treatment if it is apparent that treatment is necessary, or if the injured person requests the transportation.
ALABAMA STATUTES AND CODES               Section 32-10-2 Duty to give information and render aid.

'The driver of any motor vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or the death of any person or damage to any vehicle which is driven or attended by any person shall give his name, address and the registration number of the vehicle he is driving, shall upon request exhibit his driver's license to the person struck or the driver or occupant of or person attending any motor or other vehicle collided with or damaged and shall render to any person injured in such accident reasonable assistance, including the transportation of, or the making of arrangements for the transportation of such person to a physician or hospital for medical or surgical treatment, if it is apparent that such treatment is necessary or if such transportation is requested by the injured person.'

[div style='text-align: left;']As to whether or not he left the scene, a case could be made that his failure to make himself available for following the above, which it appears he didn't as he apparently went in the house, would qualify as leaving the scene in most states. Funny that you don't know the traffic laws in your state...aren't you a peace officer?

How, pray tell, do you provide reasonable assistance to a skinned knee?

As I'm not a Doctor, I wouldn't profess to have the medical expertise to evaluate a child's injuries, especially if I didn't see them during the fall. I would have to ask if they were hurt and rely on them to provide a response...not just shrug my shoulders and go in the house. "Put a band-aid on it". Fuck me.

One's actions and response should be predicated on the needs, real or imagined, of the child and/or her parents.

I always thought instances like that are why we buy insurance.

Kids mom is there she can do first aid.

They did not even take the kid for medical treatment the day of the accident. Apparently a bandaid took care of it.
You used to be a decent person.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Allegedly.

All we have is the word of a hysterical mother who admits she started the verbal altercation.

Deputy was cleared by the state police, the DA and the SO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are held at a higher standard as a police officer. You must act with professionalism at all times while wearing a badge. Guy acted like a spoiled little jackass.
He should be fucking ashamed of himself. He also embarrassed the shit out of his department. It could have been handled way better.

Allegedly.

All we have is the word of a hysterical mother who admits she started the verbal altercation.

Deputy was cleared by the state police, the DA and the SO.

No allegedly about it. You are held To a higher standard.
You aren't expected to engage in public pissing matches in your own neighborhood.
I guess "put a fucking bandaid on it" is acceptable to you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not say that.

That's pretty reaching. And really, so what?  What kid rides their bike only in their driveway?  And the guy couldn't apologize?  And the sheriff couldn't find another damn unclaimed bike?  Every dept has 50 of them laying around collecting rust.

+1 with that last part.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

+1 with that last part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not say that.

+1 with that last part.

Some just don't know when to quit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The TBL kind of disgusts me in this thread.

Shame on you for trying to rationalize that guys actions.

Bottom line, a child was hurt, doesn't matter who's property... What kind of man clips a child's bike to prove a point?

A piece of shit, that's who.
View Quote

I usually agree with the majority of the LEO's POV on here, but with this issue if it were any of their children getting "crunched" I think they would have a different opinion on the matter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Mom admits she called the deputy a "jerk" first.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close.

1. Accident.
3. DD exits vehicle.
5. Fireworks.

Sooooooo try again.

Oh my! Not that name!

Really?
This is your justification for all the crap you posted above?
The guy WAS a jerk but hey, don't let that stop you from diggin' your hole man.

Most times I used to respect your point of view.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh my! Not that name!

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close.

1. Accident.
3. DD exits vehicle.
5. Fireworks.

Sooooooo try again.

Oh my! Not that name!

Really?

He's either trolling us or having a bad fucking day because both he and Citadel are usually not ones to be TBL'ers at all on here but his comments on this are
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I counted one bush on that street.   Ha.   Not many obstacles to hide a kid on a bike unless you're a dirtbag cop in too big of a hurry to watch out.   That could have been more serious.   I hope the parents take this all the way  and get that asshole fired.  I have no tolerance for arrogant,  reckless badges.   Fuck him and the badge he rode in on.  And the rest of the team that are trying to make this go away.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He's either trolling us or having a bad fucking day because both he and Citadel are usually not ones to be TBL'ers at all on here but his comments on this are
View Quote

"Well if you think cops break the law so casually that it would have no bearing on whether or not to perform an action, then there is really no need to continue this conversation. We go back to square one where I tell you that your views on LE are myopic, paranoid, and downright hysterical."  Citadel-SC

"Then I wouldn't have a problem "finding" something to charge him with." bcauz3y, just one page later.

It would be funny if they weren't in positions of authority.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close.

1. Accident.
3. DD exits vehicle.
5. Fireworks.

Sooooooo try again.

This is how it goes down....

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't know how an attentive driver comes within 6 feet of a kid on a bike.  If you do, you fucked up.  You might not be liable, but you fucked up.  There's a difference.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I counted one bush on that street.   Ha.   Not many obstacles to hide a kid on a bike unless you're a dirtbag cop in too big of a hurry to watch out.   That could have been more serious.   I hope the parents take this all the way  and get that asshole fired.  I have no tolerance for arrogant,  reckless badges.   Fuck him and the badge he rode in on.  And the rest of the team that are trying to make this go away.
View Quote

Lol you funny guy
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#48]
This would have all gone away if the deputy had acted like a man instead of a bitch. It was his fault, and all he had to do was apologize and acted like he gave a shit. Of course Momma bear was going to go off...that's how they get when somebody fucks with their cub.

If I had to guess I'd say this deputy was under the influence of something. That explains his driving and belligerent behavior.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We have as story being told from the mother to the boyfriend. You had a deputy and  LT come out to the scene. In the video the boyfriend says the Sheriff came out and spent two hours at the deputies house. The boyfriend admits the magistrate fucked up with the assault on a child charges. He like some GD posters think that some mythical law exists to charge the deputy with even though he can't name it. The mom admits she missed the meeting with the DA about charges being dismissed and then complains when they are sent a letter about the issue. The mom admits she started the verbal confrontation with deputy on his property. She admits in the video that she and the child was on his property. The deputy was cleared by the state police, the DA and SO.

View Quote

That's what I got out of it too.

Funny in this thread how it's turned into the Deputy "ran down" the poor angel on purpose to punish her for being near his driveway.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I am a watch commander and supervise a entire patrol squad. If one of my officers pulled this stunt I woul flip my shit.
For starters take home vehicle would be gone. Public apology to family and community would be next. I would recommend 1 month suspension WITHOUT pay to the chief, and he would completely back me. The officer would also have a silent sergeant placed in his vehicle to monitor his driving habits, if and when he came back to work.
There is no place for this kind if shit in police work. All it does is drive a wedge between us and the community.
Officers wonder why the community distrust the police, because of shenanigans like this. I am all for my guys doing thier job and putting shitheads in jail, but they WILL do it with professionalism and respect. Bottom line is this guy should be charged with careless and reckless driving if the parents story is completely accurate.
View Quote

Actually, most cops here don't wonder and don't care.  But I appreciate the response, and I'm sure others do as well.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top