BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd just leave that whole section blank and if they ask about it I'd tell em that my child's safety is my concern and to please confine his questions to health related matters.  

If they had a problem with that I'd find another doc.
View Quote

Bingo.  I've never been at a doctors office where the receptionist reviewed the questionnaire thoroughly to make sure I answered every question anyways.  Usually they just grab the clipboard and tell me to take a seat in the waiting room.  Answer what you wish, don't answer what you don't.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Bingo.  I've never been at a doctors office where the receptionist reviewed the questionnaire thoroughly to make sure I answered every question anyways.  Usually they just grab the clipboard and tell me to take a seat in the waiting room.  Answer what you wish, don't answer what you don't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd just leave that whole section blank and if they ask about it I'd tell em that my child's safety is my concern and to please confine his questions to health related matters.  

Worst case scenario, when the government creates their database of gun owners based off of medical questionnaires, they will simply assume "empty=yes".

The English language is full of assumptions in properly structured phrases and sentences. Replying "No" with an assumed "my child has no access to my firearms" is totally acceptable.

That is, until they make it illegal to "lie, falsify or omit information" on a medical questionnaire.

Anybody check real hard in the ACA for a line like that yet?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's what I did.  No one ever mentioned it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If those forms are put on the database (I assume they do), you're tagged either way. A non-response is might as well be an admission. A false response means you're lying. Either way is a fucked up situation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
It always bothers me why they ask for my SSN when I go to some new place for something as simple as a blood draw. I just leave stuff like that blank and only answer pertinent health questions. I am not applying for a loan and have no idea why they need a SSN.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to answer "None of your fucking business."

Or a favorite: "Are you a gun doctor?  No?  Then mind your own business."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It always bothers me why they ask for my SSN when I go to some new place for something as simple as a blood draw. I just leave stuff like that blank and only answer pertinent health questions. I am not applying for a loan and have no idea why they need a SSN.
View Quote

Healthcare used to use the SSN for tracking patient info. In the not too distant past my BCBS card account number was my SSN, that has changed in the past 10-15 years. I suspect it is still on those forms because the health industry has always asked for it.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dr.'s notes:

Mr. Shqype becomes easily agitated when asked routine questions. Shows secretive personality and is evasive when asked about any weapons in the home. Possibly unbalanced, and may need mental evaluation to rule out diagnosis. Recommend law enforcement be notified and children be taken into custody until evaluation and any treatment be completed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Im taking my son to the dentist this afternoon and will be carrying,I will report back if inappropriate questions were asked and if I had to draw on receptionist to cover our egress
AAR

uneventful but for some pleasant looking ladies in the waiting room

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No kidding, I mean... why the hell does a doctor need to know if a child has done any skipping or a fucking broad jump by the age of 5?
View Quote

you are being sarcastic right? that is an actual health question...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I gonna remember this: such a simple way to avoid an unnecessary problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/longhunter09/media/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u526/longhunter09/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg</a>

I took my beautiful 4 day old daughter to the pediatrician for her first check-up today. I was a little concerned about two of the questions on the new patient paperwork. Has anybody else ran into this? Unfortunately I feel like I have to answer yes since they already know my profession is JBT.

View Quote

Correct answer:

"Of course we do.  I'm not some liberal faggot ass bitch."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd leave everything from Grade in school on down blank. Bunch of bullshit non-medical nannystate questions.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Correct answer:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/longhunter09/media/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u526/longhunter09/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg</a>

I took my beautiful 4 day old daughter to the pediatrician for her first check-up today. I was a little concerned about two of the questions on the new patient paperwork. Has anybody else ran into this? Unfortunately I feel like I have to answer yes since they already know my profession is JBT.

Correct answer:

Out-fucking-standing!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Out-fucking-standing!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct answer:

Out-fucking-standing!

I hope I get one of these questionnaires one day so I can actually write that in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope.  No artillery pieces in my house, sadly.  Plenty of firearms, but you didn't ask about those.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I also have severed heads of my most challenging kills nailed to the walls of my den.

Would you like to see them ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#17]

I answered NO at my son's last check-up.  Nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dr.'s notes:

Mr. Shqype becomes easily agitated when asked routine questions. Shows secretive personality and is evasive when asked about any weapons in the home. Possibly unbalanced, and may need mental evaluation to rule out diagnosis. Recommend law enforcement be notified and children be taken into custody until evaluation and any treatment be completed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dr.'s notes:

If that's what it takes to get the party started, fine.

People need to realize what's happening in this country and have the balls to stand up to it.

It's embarrassing watching people talk here some times.

I'm sure the Jews had similar discussions of how to remain good citizens despite new Nazi laws.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been making it a point the past couple of years to make this my MO as well.  Only give up information that is pertinent to why I am there, nothing more.  

Health questions at the doc or pediatrician, teeth questions at the dentist, they don't just get my SS# or other info b/c they ask for it.  

I do the same at work now too, leave SS# and similar blank unless the comptroller specifically comes and tells me he needs it, then I ask the specific reason he needs it and if I don't give it to him does that mean my forms can't be processed without that info on there.

It pisses people off when you don't just do what you're asked and try to think about things these days unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#20]
We had that question at the hospital in West Virginia when we were bringing our boys home from the NICU.  I said that I did have guns.  The nurse replied "Well, you got a little time on your hands to figure out how to safely deal with kids and firearms in the house.  I always lock mine up if it's not holstered on my side..."  The conversation got kind of interesting after that.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can't think of a single reason why a pediatrician would need to know if the child has developed at a normal pace. Nope. Don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kidding, I mean... why the hell does a doctor need to know if a child has done any skipping or a fucking broad jump by the age of 5?

I can't think of a single reason why a pediatrician would need to know if the child has developed at a normal pace. Nope. Don't get it.

Ehrmergherd, sercersm.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Isn't there just one answer-- walk out and find a new doctor?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#23]
If the firearm question is invasive, all those questions are invasive.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just marked you down for "yes."

I say either answer "no"  or leave.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

People need to realize what's happening in this country and have the balls to stand up to it.

I'm sure the Jews had similar discussions of how to remain good citizens despite new Nazi laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dr.'s notes:

What are you gonna do? Shoot up a politician's office because of a questionnaire? You're right, it IS embarrassing watching some people post on here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So a lot of words that add up to an answer of No to my question. OK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So you think that your answers to any of these question would result in any action on the part of the doctor that would make any beneficial reduction in those ER visits?
If you've ever dealt with the general public in any sort of capacity for work, you'll notice that a large percentage of them are simply idiots. The pediatrician has to base their level of care on the assumption that the parents of the children they are treating are morons, and thus the standardized questions may be slightly insulting to those parents who have even average intelligence. I don't think we've ever been asked any gun questions by our pediatrician, and I don't know if I believe that this information will necessarily go into some govt database and be used against me, but my answer is no and move on.

So a lot of words that add up to an answer of No to my question. OK.
Eh, I don't care enough to bother to look up the statistics, but I'm betting a non-insignificant number of pediatric shootings are the result of unsecured firearms. The problem is, the type of parent that needs to be told to secure a gun, isn't magically going to do so because the pediatrician told them to.

Our doc has never asked, and if they do, I'll tell them no. My guns are already locked up unless they are on my person anyway.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top