Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/longhunter09/media/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u526/longhunter09/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg</a>

I took my beautiful 4 day old daughter to the pediatrician for her first check-up today. I was a little concerned about two of the questions on the new patient paperwork. Has anybody else ran into this? Unfortunately I feel like I have to answer yes since they already know my profession is JBT.

View Quote

Who cares that youre blue?  I once worked with a guy that got admin cleaance to leave his duty pistol locked in his locker while off-duty and didnt have any personal firearms.  Not all cops love guns.

He was a weird fucker though...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Pitch a fit about a question you can easily ignore, yet how many of the 'patriots' in this thread send their kids off to the .gov indoctrination camps, errr public schools, for 12 years.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I answered it was none of their business.
View Quote

We'll take that as a "Yes, hostile...".
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No, they want to lecture you about locking guns up. I know multiple doctors who don't have a problem with the question being on there, and to a man they will tell you this is why.

They don't care that you own guns, they have just been trained to lecture you about locking them up. The public won't ever know that you Stood Up For Your Beliefs.

So you can stand up on your soapbox or whatever, but you're just going to be lectured by an ignoramus about locking your guns up and have your medical record (which will be electronic soon) annotated to reflect that you own guns.

So, just say no.

But then again, I have 4 tax stamps so what do I know about staying hidden.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
no

just say no

why is this so hard

just say no

no
no
no
no
no
no

It's hard because I refuse to cower. That is what the left wants. To demonize firearms. Make you feel bad about having the audacity to have something they don't want you to.

Sack up, stand up, and declare you're a free, competent man and will do what you wish, within the confines of constitutional law and fuck anyone who has a problem with it.

No, they want to lecture you about locking guns up. I know multiple doctors who don't have a problem with the question being on there, and to a man they will tell you this is why.

They don't care that you own guns, they have just been trained to lecture you about locking them up. The public won't ever know that you Stood Up For Your Beliefs.

So you can stand up on your soapbox or whatever, but you're just going to be lectured by an ignoramus about locking your guns up and have your medical record (which will be electronic soon) annotated to reflect that you own guns.

So, just say no.

But then again, I have 4 tax stamps so what do I know about staying hidden.

I understand what you're trying to say.

I'm also the type who is willing to win this battle one mind at a time if I have to. And IF I can have a rational discussion with an antigun doctor and plant some reason, facts and common sense in their head, I'll take the time to do it. And they'll see that we gun nuts are not as advertised on the MSM.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can't think of a single reason why a pediatrician would need to know if the child has developed at a normal pace. Nope. Don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No kidding, I mean... why the hell does a doctor need to know if a child has done any skipping or a fucking broad jump by the age of 5?

I can't think of a single reason why a pediatrician would need to know if the child has developed at a normal pace. Nope. Don't get it.

My boy don't do no homo skippin shit. I swear, once it's known that he's a scout, everybody has prejudices.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Where is the question do you have a pool at your house?

Do you own a fire extinguisher or keep one handy?

It seems these are more relevant questions in regard to concerns about children's safety.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Tell him you are more into explosives than guns...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pretty much every pediatrician hands out that form. It's a CDC form (I think). It's really not a big deal. Either answer the questions or don't. Getting all up in arms over it is just silly.
View Quote

American Academy of Pediatrics, one of the largest anti-gun organizations out there. Like many other such organizations, they clothe their political agenda by trying to focus attention on something else, in this case Child Safety. Until a few years ago, their website had a very clear policy statement that indicated their ultimate desire to enact extremely severe restrictions on firearms ownership, possession and use. And that child safety was the vehicle that they had chosen to forward that agenda.

Many of their members have drunk the cool-aid as presented by the leadership and like many in others, are unable to think for themselves and simply assimilate the attitudes of those that have gone before them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Lie
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
no

just say no

why is this so hard

just say no

no
no
no
no
no
no
View Quote

this. Just say no. Anything else gets you flagged.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Anything other NO will be reported as YES.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The problem is that your attitude (while noble) ignores the fact that your medical history is shared with insurance companies (and will soon be shared with the federal government,) and will be used to determine your status as an insurable risk.

If you don't think that disclosing the presence of firearms to your doctor won't hurt your pocketbook, or someday even make you uninsurable, then you are naive.  (No insult intended.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
no

just say no

why is this so hard

just say no

no
no
no
no
no
no

It's hard because I refuse to cower. That is what the left wants. To demonize firearms. Make you feel bad about having the audacity to have something they don't want you to.

Sack up, stand up, and declare you're a free, competent man and will do what you wish, within the confines of constitutional law and fuck anyone who has a problem with it.

The problem is that your attitude (while noble) ignores the fact that your medical history is shared with insurance companies (and will soon be shared with the federal government,) and will be used to determine your status as an insurable risk.

If you don't think that disclosing the presence of firearms to your doctor won't hurt your pocketbook, or someday even make you uninsurable, then you are naive.  (No insult intended.)

Valid point which is why those questions were handled verbally, when my kids were in that position. Had a very nice conversation with the reasonable, female doctor.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Answer everywhere is guns are icky we don't have any.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You've got bigger problems than you think.

Signal control and OPSEC; families need it.

Which is why I'm always amazed at the threads on here where people will bad-mouth their spouse over petty bullshit.  
People here will apparently clamp up tight when it comes to guns, but get them talking about how their 'wife unit' won't put out, and they'll spill every sordid little detail.

That pediatrician's questionnaire isn't bad at all.  The answer is, "Yes, I make sure my family is in a safe environment."  And you're done.
You are doing that, of course (hence why you have a gun), and they can read into your answer whatever they like.

It's a perfectly reasonable question, too.  TONS of kids end up in the emergency room or in the morgue as a result of falls, getting hit by a car, domestic violence, etc.  Sure, guns are low on the list (and note that swimming pools are conspicuously absent), but hey, can't list everything.  It's just supposed to make you think about it, that's all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our pediatrician asked us this and, as I was about to say no, my wife blurts out, yeah we've got lots of guns. WTF!

Which is why I'm always amazed at the threads on here where people will bad-mouth their spouse over petty bullshit.  
People here will apparently clamp up tight when it comes to guns, but get them talking about how their 'wife unit' won't put out, and they'll spill every sordid little detail.

That pediatrician's questionnaire isn't bad at all.  The answer is, "Yes, I make sure my family is in a safe environment."  And you're done.
You are doing that, of course (hence why you have a gun), and they can read into your answer whatever they like.

It's a perfectly reasonable question, too.  TONS of kids end up in the emergency room or in the morgue as a result of falls, getting hit by a car, domestic violence, etc.  Sure, guns are low on the list (and note that swimming pools are conspicuously absent), but hey, can't list everything.  It's just supposed to make you think about it, that's all.

So you think that your answers to any of these question would result in any action on the part of the doctor that would make any beneficial reduction in those ER visits?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Our pediatrician asked us this and, as I was about to say no, my wife blurts out, yeah we've got lots of guns. WTF!
View Quote

Persec fail.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no

just say no

why is this so hard

just say no

no
no
no
no
no
no

Brother, I've been flagged a long time ago. Sneakin around ain't gonna accomplish shit.

There's power in numbers and exposure. Just like the fags. Make it (firearms ownership) main stream and accepted as everyday normal behavior through publicity, propaganda and repetition.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#17]
are there guns in the child's home?
Well, she owns an AR15 ,a Browning .22 semi automatic rifle, and a colt Huntsman.
She will turn 18 y/o soon and I intend to get her a .357 magnum revolver. She loves her mother's sp101. She can carry at 18 in Indiana.
Any more stupid dr. questions?
Did I mention she loves full auto.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pediatrician.....

Why is there a question about sexual activity?
View Quote

NAMBLA house
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I would turn that into the "way of the gun" dialogue

"I've never killed a man."

"Excuse me? I didn't ask you that."

"you should"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I answered "No, they are loaded and left out in the open, but surrounded by open flames, frayed wires and broken glass right next to the highway that runs through the center of our house as it crosses an uncontrolled railroad crossing near our unmonitored swimming pool."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pediatrician.....

View Quote

A lot of them see kids up to 18.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Answering questions with questions..."Iduh know...do you like it when your wife wears a strap-on? (or: Does your husband like it when you pound his azz with a strap-on?)

Why would you ask such a question?"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#23]
goddamnit... duped above.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#24]
But whst about your dags? Are they safe
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So, in other words, you answered, "Yes".

Quoted:

"Patient provided evasive answer-owns firearms, and suffers from paranoia. Proper authorities notified."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#26]
yes, my 4 year old drinks, smokes, and is sexually active. All the guns in the house are hers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I answered "No, they are loaded and left out in the open, but surrounded by open flames, frayed wires and broken glass right next to the highway that runs through the center of our house as it crosses an uncontrolled railroad crossing near our unmonitored, unfenced, in-ground swimming pool filled with good old green toxic antifreeze."
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So you think that your answers to any of these question would result in any action on the part of the doctor that would make any beneficial reduction in those ER visits?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you've ever dealt with the general public in any sort of capacity for work, you'll notice that a large percentage of them are simply idiots. The pediatrician has to base their level of care on the assumption that the parents of the children they are treating are morons, and thus the standardized questions may be slightly insulting to those parents who have even average intelligence.
I don't think we've ever been asked any gun questions by our pediatrician, and I don't know if I believe that this information will necessarily go into some govt database and be used against me, but my answer is no and move on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd just leave that whole section blank and if they ask about it I'd tell em that my child's safety is my concern and to please confine his questions to health related matters.  

If they had a problem with that I'd find another doc.
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
we answered no guns in the home. making a stink answers the question.  what they dont know wont hurt them.
View Quote

Right.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you've ever dealt with the general public in any sort of capacity for work, you'll notice that a large percentage of them are simply idiots. The pediatrician has to base their level of care on the assumption that the parents of the children they are treating are morons, and thus the standardized questions may be slightly insulting to those parents who have even average intelligence. I don't think we've ever been asked any gun questions by our pediatrician, and I don't know if I believe that this information will necessarily go into some govt database and be used against me, but my answer is no and move on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you've ever dealt with the general public in any sort of capacity for work, you'll notice that a large percentage of them are simply idiots. The pediatrician has to base their level of care on the assumption that the parents of the children they are treating are morons, and thus the standardized questions may be slightly insulting to those parents who have even average intelligence. I don't think we've ever been asked any gun questions by our pediatrician, and I don't know if I believe that this information will necessarily go into some govt database and be used against me, but my answer is no and move on.

So a lot of words that add up to an answer of No to my question. OK.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

American Academy of Pediatrics, one of the largest anti-gun organizations out there. Like many other such organizations, they clothe their political agenda by trying to focus attention on something else, in this case Child Safety. Until a few years ago, their website had a very clear policy statement that indicated their ultimate desire to enact extremely severe restrictions on firearms ownership, possession and use. And that child safety was the vehicle that they had chosen to forward that agenda.

Many of their members have drunk the cool-aid as presented by the leadership and like many in others, are unable to think for themselves and simply assimilate the attitudes of those that have gone before them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much every pediatrician hands out that form. It's a CDC form (I think). It's really not a big deal. Either answer the questions or don't. Getting all up in arms over it is just silly.

Fair enough. Still handed out by pretty much every pediatrician out there, so it's not easily avoided. Getting belligerent about it in a doctor's office won't do a damn bit of good, and will make gun owners seem like assholes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#34]
No questions about pools or stairs? Color me suprised...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I answer, "Of course there are firearms.  I love my child and will protect him.  He goes everywhere with an armed guard."

"Are they unloaded?  Of course not.  That is stupid,  How can I protect my son with an unloaded firearm.  I love my child."

" Are they in a safe?  Some of them are.  I only have two hands.  "
View Quote

Nice!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#36]
The left is demonizing bicycles and sex. Great.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Speaking of safety, Doc, what's the current count on nosocomial deaths?

An estimated 40 percent of nosocomial infections are caused by poor hand hygiene (WHO). Hospital staff can significantly reduce the number of cases with regular hand washing. They should also wear protective garments and gloves when working with patients.
View Quote

Do you even wash, bro?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pediatrician.....

View Quote

because kids go to a pediatrician. Even teenagers. Teenagers have sex. I think once you hit 16 or so you go to a PCP, until then its the Ped.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
we answered no guns in the home. making a stink answers the question.  what they dont know wont hurt them.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No questions about pools or stairs? Color me suprised...
View Quote

According to the CDC...

In 2010, 726 kids 14 and under drowned and 62 kids 14 and under died from accidental shooting (page 40). http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_04.pdf

"Are there guns in your home?" being asked "for safety" is total,100%, grade-A, 10th degree black belt, purely political bullshit.

Period.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#41]
What guns?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Again, this.

Why would you get upset and say"none of yer goddam bizness" or something like that? Just say no. Obviously there are tons of people in GD who don't know what opsec/persec/wtfeversec is.

Looking at the pic, did the OP get just as upset about the questionaire asking if his 4yo was sexually active?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then where is the question "is there a swimming pool at home?" "Does dad get drunk and beat mom?".
These questions are to help pin point gun owners.  My doctor said the firms he got from their supplier had the gun question on them and he sent them all back because he didn't ask for that to be on his forms.  He just photocopies the old form now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Again, this.

Why would you get upset and say"none of yer goddam bizness" or something like that? Just say no. Obviously there are tons of people in GD who don't know what opsec/persec/wtfeversec is.

Looking at the pic, did the OP get just as upset about the questionaire asking if his 4yo was sexually active?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Again, this.

OP didn't get upset. It just caught me off guard. I left the questions blank and they didn't say anything about it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd just leave that whole section blank and if they ask about it I'd tell em that my child's safety is my concern and to please confine his questions to health related matters.  

View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u526/longhunter09/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg

I took my beautiful 4 day old daughter to the pediatrician for her first check-up today. I was a little concerned about two of the questions on the new patient paperwork. Has anybody else ran into this? Unfortunately I feel like I have to answer yes since they already know my profession is JBT.

View Quote

So just lie. That's what I do when I'm asked invasive questions by people in your profession.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

"you mean like this gun?" [reaches under jacket]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So just lie. That's what I do when I'm asked invasive questions by people in your profession.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u526/longhunter09/20140423_101555_zpsubwk4y2p.jpg

Well done sir!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#49]
None of their business, answer only the health and growth related questions.  This is from a fellow jbt.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Proper answer here.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top