Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

The caller ID'ed himself as "Frank", the dead man is also Frank. Co-incidence? Doubt it.

FWIW, I've got an airsoft 1911 that looks very realistic except for an orange barrel extension that protrudes about 1" from the slide. Paint that black, or just saw it off, it becomes hard to tell from more than a few feet away that it's a toy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selfish bastard.  Hate it for the cop(s).

This.

The caller ID'ed himself as "Frank", the dead man is also Frank. Co-incidence? Doubt it.

FWIW, I've got an airsoft 1911 that looks very realistic except for an orange barrel extension that protrudes about 1" from the slide. Paint that black, or just saw it off, it becomes hard to tell from more than a few feet away that it's a toy.

I've got an airsoft that looks like a Walther. You would never know it was airsoft unless you held it, I could probably even put it in some peoples hands and convince them that its real.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Damn, I knew I should have shot Mr. Bobo when I had the chance.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Ban the Toy Guns! Its for the children!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As a poster here in GD once told me, the police shouldn't be allowed to shoot at someone unless they shot at the police first.
View Quote

Indeed, that way they could have seen that it was a slow moving pellet and not a real bullet discharged by an explosion.  Cops should have waited and this poor man's life would have been saved.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
They did what they should have.  Sucks for the officers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC) - Anniston police officers fatally shot a man who refused to drop his weapon, which later turned out to be an airsoft gun, on Tuesday morning.

A caller who identified himself as "Frank" called 911 around 9:30 a.m. to report a "male walking round the area of Net Street and Twine Street with a firearm," the police department said in a release.

Two officers responded to the area in the Blue Mountain community and saw a white male holding a weapon.

Police Captain Allen George says the officers gave "multiple commands" for the man to drop his weapon, but he refused.

"He told him multiple times to put his gun down, put his gun down, put his gun down. I counted multiple times that he did that. And it got to the point of pleading with him for a second," Anniston Police Chief Shane Denham said at a news conference on Tuesday afternoon.

Denham confirmed the man's identity as Frank Charles Johnston, 53.

"Not only did he refuse to drop the weapon, he raised the weapon and took up a shooting stance, and pointed it at the officers," the police chief added.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/25309722/anniston-officers-fatally-shoot-man-armed-with-airsoft-gun

View Quote

If it actually happened that way, I say good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How is it illegal? You can't really charge a dead person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suicide by cop.........point a gun at the police, and you'll probably get shot.

Suicide is illegal, yet one of the easiest ways to die is to call the cops and pretend to threaten their lives.

Since when did a law have to be enforcable to be on the books?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How does one really define "looked real"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If it looked real, good shoot.  Since I have an airsoft gun that looks exactly like my glock, I'm going with it looked real and good shoot.

How does one really define "looked real"?
These do not look real:

If the officer has time to plead, then he has time to realize that the poor soul is mentally ill, and it is his duty to deliver large amounts of medicinal

electro-shock therapy and therapeutic massage: Otherwise, the gun looks real and good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

As a poster here in GD once told me, the police shouldn't be allowed to shoot at someone unless they shot at the police first.
View Quote
Well.  That poster's head is full of play dough

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Blue suicide.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm sure the federal government would try to charge a dead person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suicide by cop.........point a gun at the police, and you'll probably get shot.

Suicide is illegal, yet one of the easiest ways to die is to call the cops and pretend to threaten their lives.

I'm sure the federal government would try to charge a dead person.

Well, they let them vote dont they?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Blue Mountain Community?  Surely not.
View Quote

No kidding, right...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC) - Anniston police officers fatally shot a man who refused to drop his weapon, which later turned out to be an airsoft gun, on Tuesday morning.

A caller who identified himself as "Frank" called 911 around 9:30 a.m. to report a "male walking round the area of Net Street and Twine Street with a firearm," the police department said in a release.

Two officers responded to the area in the Blue Mountain community and saw a white male holding a weapon.

Police Captain Allen George says the officers gave "multiple commands" for the man to drop his weapon, but he refused.

"He told him multiple times to put his gun down, put his gun down, put his gun down. I counted multiple times that he did that. And it got to the point of pleading with him for a second," Anniston Police Chief Shane Denham said at a news conference on Tuesday afternoon.

Denham confirmed the man's identity as Frank Charles Johnston, 53.

"Not only did he refuse to drop the weapon, he raised the weapon and took up a shooting stance, and pointed it at the officers," the police chief added.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/25309722/anniston-officers-fatally-shoot-man-armed-with-airsoft-gun

View Quote

How far from Damn Yankees did this happen?  Had good meal there a few years ago.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]
He will be voting democrat in the next 20 elections
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top