Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL Harrisburg
View Quote

I would have figured this for the small towns like Pottsville, where they last surfaced a decade or so back.  But down by York is a totally different population.  Wonder if the Klan is working on a new strategy of following the media reports of crimes with a racial slant and are trying to leverage their position on that?  I'd think that York and Lancaster would be candidates for that sort of "KKK community outreach".
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
good sounds like their cleaning up their image,bout time

maybe they can go out and register voters along with protecting the polls too

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Your public school education is showing. Stop before you embarrass yourself further.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"It’s just like any neighborhood watch program. It’s not targeting any specific ethnicity."

Yea, sure buddy...

The KKK killed a shit ton of white criminals back in the day
 Of course they did.  Mostly the "crime" they punished white people for was voting for Republicans.  Or being Jewish.  Or Catholic.  

Your public school education is showing. Stop before you embarrass yourself further.
Oh please, tell us more.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, it's one of those threads where the 88's around here can't help but out themselves!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Around here they are but they are just 88ers and white trash. They have no influence or power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KKK, they're still around?

Around here they are but they are just 88ers and white trash. They have no influence or power.

and half of them are feds.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My ex-mother-in-law (EMIL) used to tell a story about growing up in "the holler", which was essentially a ravine a few miles away from the town of Irwin, TN.  For those who don't know, Irwin, especially in the 40s, was about as backwater as you could get.  Well, the folks in Irwin looked down on the folks from "the holler" because they were hillbillies.

The EMIL's uncle was apparently a pretty worthless drunk who wouldn't work and was well-known for his mean streak.  Well, one night, the EMIL's uncle woke up to a burning cross in his front yard.  When the uncle came outside, the Klan members essentially told him to correct his behavior or get out of town, or next time it wouldn't be just a cross that was burning. The uncle got a lot friendlier after that.

And, just for kicks, this story kind of tells you what sort of place Irwin, TN was in those days.
View Quote
Oh, lovely. They went after white people who they felt drank too much, by terrorizing them and threatening to feloniously burn their house down.

What a fine bunch of run-of-the-mill shitheels.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"It’s just like any neighborhood watch program. It’s not targeting any specific ethnicity."

Yea, sure buddy...

The KKK killed a shit ton of white criminals back in the day
 Of course they did.  Mostly the "crime" they punished white people for was voting for Republicans.  Or being Jewish.  Or Catholic.  

Oh yes, please tell us about the times that they didn't pin a rape or murder on an obviously innocent black or Hispanic.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:  
White man wouldn't work and support his family....they beat his ass 1st time, 2nd time well there wasn't a 3rd time.
View Quote
Oh look, more Klan "morality":

"Work for what we feel is the common good, and earn an income we deem minimally acceptable, or we will assault you...possibly kill you".

If white man had something belt fed (and preferably crew served) laying around, I'd cheer it's use when these assholes showed up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:00:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd sure feel safe know fat inbreds and their tapco fuck SKS's were marching through my neighborhood
View Quote

More importantly, does a Colonel outrank a Grand Wizard?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:02:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
good sounds like their cleaning up their image,bout time

maybe they can go out and register voters along with protecting the polls too

View Quote

I just hope they find that Kyle guy they're always looking for.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:31:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds like a pattern to me.  
"I've been unjustly labeled a racist, so now the KKK is fine by me."  Doesn't sound like it took much to twist your arm.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't care.  The word racism has been down defined to have no real meaning.  

I am no longer forced to view the Ku Klux Klan as bad, simply because they are labeled racist.  

I believe that my taxes are too high, so I have been labeled a racist.
I believe the federal government is fiscally irresponsible, so I have been labeled as a racist.
I believe that welfare creates many problems, and solves none.  To many, that statement makes me a racist.

Sounds like a pattern to me.  
"I've been unjustly labeled a racist, so now the KKK is fine by me."  Doesn't sound like it took much to twist your arm.  

I just said that the label racist is meaningless.  

I think that is a far cry from donning a white sheet and murdering people.  

It seems extraordinarily implausible to me that there is a well structured organization out there systematically murdering people and influencing elections.  Murder, coercion, assault, etc are all bad things.  I don't think many people dispute that.  

If I had no knowledge of the history of the KKK, and someone simply said "They're racist", it would be utterly meaningless to me.  I would assume that they believe in property rights or a fair tax or something.  The absolute last think that I think of when I hear the word "RACIST" is someone who discriminates based on race.

ETA....  And where did I say (or even imply) that the KKK is fine by me?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:39:53 AM EDT
[#12]
The KKK are huge Dungeons and Dragons nerds.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:44:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would have figured this for the small towns like Pottsville, where they last surfaced a decade or so back.  But down by York is a totally different population.  Wonder if the Klan is working on a new strategy of following the media reports of crimes with a racial slant and are trying to leverage their position on that?  I'd think that York and Lancaster would be candidates for that sort of "KKK community outreach".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Harrisburg

I grew up in York and this is no surprise to me.  From the stories my dad and grandpa used to tell me, the Klan pretty much ran south central PA for quite a long time, more or less up through the '60's and into the '70's.  I thought this sort of thing had run its course and was a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Them or the black Panthers. Take your pick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd sure feel safe know fat inbreds and their tapco fuck SKS's were marching through my neighborhood

Them or the black Panthers. Take your pick.

This
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I remember years ago while out hunting coming back to the car and having a klan flyer under the windshield wiper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry double tap.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

but arfcom has assured me only the south has racists. how can this be possible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL Harrisburg

I grew up in York and this is no surprise to me.  From the stories my dad and grandpa used to tell me, the Klan pretty much ran south central PA for quite a long time, more or less up through the '60's and into the '70's.  I thought this sort of thing had run its course and was a thing of the past.

but arfcom has assured me only the south has racists. how can this be possible?

Democrats have taken over most larger northern cities.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top