Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/22/2014 4:51:12 PM EDT
California? Has the most voters
New York? Free it from the NYC cesspool.
Florida? Too many old folks and illegals.
Texas? It is really freaking big

Sorry Colorado, New Jersey, and Massachusetts... not large enough.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like it if the rest of Minnesota separated from the Twin Cities.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
NY would be a helluva lot better off if they split off from NYC.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
New York.  There couldn't be a bigger difference between NYC and the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]

(Colors do not have anything to do with voting)

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to see California split up and fall in the ocean.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I would think Cali would first..I imagine the red parts of the state are getting sick and tired of being lumped in with cities like LA, SF, Sacramento ,etc.

Edited for a bit of clarification
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I would love to live in the Finger Lakes region if I could only make a living there.... and NY didn't suck so bad for taxes and gun laws.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I would think Cali would first..I imagine the rest of the state is getting sick and tired of being lumped in with LA.
View Quote

True dat. All those rich Pinko homos in San Fransisco are soooooo tired of getting lumped in with the poor brown Pinkos in LA.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
All the Californians I've talked to who live outside of the hive of faggotry called "SoCal" would be overjoyed to ditch the place
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
California? Has the most voters
New York? Free it from the NYC cesspool.
Florida? Too many old folks and illegals.
Texas? It is really freaking big

Sorry Colorado, New Jersey, and Massachusetts... not large enough.
View Quote

Why would you want to split a State?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would think Cali would first..I imagine the rest of the state is getting sick and tired of being lumped in with LA.
View Quote

California has plenty of liberal cities.

San Francicso
Los Angeles
Sacramento
San Diego

The only part of California I liked was the Palm Springs area. Had an ex who lived there. Wonderful place. Would have moved there had we not broken up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Florida split up?  Texas?  

Are you high?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
California.  It has the geographical size and diversity to handle it, plus the necessity of dealing with multiple interests that can be diametrically opposed to one another much of the time, and which are very much regionally-based.

I'd rather see a return to some form of federalism first, but we lost it because SCOTUS was hostile to such notions in the 1960s, and it has not formally changed its mind in that regard.  Secession should be plan b.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Just what we need, more Senators.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Troll is weak
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why would you want to split a State?
View Quote

Several reasons.

Gain extra Senators.
Smaller states are more manageable.
Because I want to live to see the 51st state happen.

And tons more other important reasons.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]
If TX would ever split from the Union I would be moving back
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#18]
We would be ok with being the new state surrounding Atlanta and Macon
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#19]
texas would split from the union before splitting itself.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]
CA then NY.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#21]
New York. It's bigger than CT, MA, VT, RI and NH combined.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Having lived in and around NYC I'll agree.  Who was it that said anything south of the Tappan Zee Bridge should be split off form the rest of the State?:

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
California. NorCal and Socal are diametrically opposed to one another, with SoCal having majority of population and therefore a stranglehold on the state.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Illinois and Chicago can split any time they like.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
California. NorCal and Socal are diametrically opposed to one another, with SoCal having majority of population and therefore a stranglehold on the state.
View Quote

It's nowhere near as simple as that; a simple Norcal/SoCal split would be unsatisfactory.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I feel insulted that you would include Texas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Arizona Bay.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#28]
There should be either East/West Kali or North/South Kali.
And also North/South Minnesota.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither a simple east/west or north/south split would be all that great.  It would probably have to be a combination of the two to some degree, and perhaps something even more complex than that, if one were to only split California up into two States.  The problem regions are geographically small.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#30]
PA, let Philly be its own damn problem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Um...if anything Texas would expand to include Oklahoma, Arkansas, and dare i say Louisiana. Louisiana would be on a trial basis though....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Illinois and Chicago can split any time they like.
View Quote

Gets my vote!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Neither a simple east/west or north/south split would be all that great.  It would probably have to be a combination of the two to some degree, and perhaps something even more complex than that, if one were to only split California up into two States.  The problem regions are geographically small.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A diagonal cut North to South?
In my opinion (perhaps I'm wrong) the Southwestern part of CA is fucking up the entire West (9th circuit court)....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Texas.

Divide it between the steers and the queers

LOL if you couldn't troll any harder.

Brilliiant topic LY!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Why not Alaska?  Make it like Siberia, put convicts there?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In my opinion (perhaps I'm wrong) the Southwestern part of CA is fucking up the entire West (9th circuit court)....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9th Circuit is appointed by POTUS, not Californians.

You would basically have to excise much of the greater L.A. area, Santa Ana and adjacent Hispanic-dominated areas, a good chunk of the coastline, the Bay Area, and Sacramento from the rest of the State.  The two resulting States would not present all that clean of an appearance.  Much of SoCal is at odds with L.A., it should be noted.  L.A. dominates the south solely because of population.

Personally, giving the counties more autonomy, giving L.A. a separate status (a sort of 'free city' relative to the county system), requiring Assembly districts to be intra-county, increasing Assembly size, and restoring a Senate that treats counties equally (or nearly so), and perhaps also federalizing the election of the governor and any other State-level officials (although ideally they'd be appointed, not elected) would do far more good than any sort of division.

It should be noted that had the Senate remained as it was before the constitution was amended to comply with the reapportionment cases, we'd have a Republican-majority Senate right now (accounting for the effect of the Senate being able to hold the line against what the Leftists want); if it were to be restored, even with today's trouble for the GOP, we'd have a Republican majority Senate more often than not (albeit very slight).
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I would say something go the effect as above. At a certain population.... Say 2 million, a municipality becomes a City State. They pay no state taxes and can have their own laws outside of the state's influence, while maintaining their own roads, water etc.

They would have no say in state elections including governor and senator's.

Also on top of that. increase the house of reps to say 1000. Didn't they cap that shit back in the 30's when to population was 100 million?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#39]
None.  Throw out Reynolds v. Sims.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I feel insulted that you would include Texas.
View Quote

Why do you think he trolls this bullshit?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You would basically have to excise much of the greater L.A. area, Santa Ana and adjacent Hispanic-dominated areas, a good chunk of the coastline, the Bay Area, and Sacramento from the rest of the State.  The two resulting States would not present all that clean of an appearance.  Much of SoCal is at odds with L.A., it should be noted.  L.A. dominates the south solely because of population.

Personally, giving the counties more autonomy, giving L.A. a separate status (a sort of 'free city' relative to the county system), requiring Assembly districts to be intra-county, increasing Assembly size, and restoring a Senate that treats counties equally (or nearly so), and perhaps also federalizing the election of the governor and any other State-level officials (although ideally they'd be appointed, not elected) would do far more good than any sort of division.

It should be noted that had the Senate remained as it was before the constitution was amended to comply with the reapportionment cases, we'd have a Republican-majority Senate right now (accounting for the effect of the Senate being able to hold the line against what the Leftists want); if it were to be restored, even with today's trouble for the GOP, we'd have a Republican majority Senate more often than not (albeit very slight).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK - you call it then.
In my opinion the Southwestern part of CA is fucking up a lot of the west - if not the entire country!
You tell me, cut your state up so as to eliminate or minimize the fucking left wing progressive virus.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck Texas!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck Texas!
View Quote

I'm sorry, but without further explanation this post only shows drunken idiocy!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#44]
If like to see your ass get your land pushed into the ocean.

Next would be California
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
PA, let Philly be its own New Joisey's damn problem.
View Quote

Take the whole eastern quarter of the state. Please.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

OK - you call it then.
In my opinion the Southwestern part of CA is fucking up a lot of the west - if not the entire country!
You tell me, cut your state up so as to eliminate or minimize the fucking left wing progressive virus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK - you call it then.

The southwest is a big place.  Geographically, a lot of it is red on the political map.

Cutting the State up would have a negligible national effect unless it was cut up into one blue state and a few red states (in which case there would be a Senatorial impact).  The impact would largely be one within the boundaries of what today is California.  But federalist reforms would do a better jopb in that regard than secession.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#47]
One of your weaker efforts.  Doesn't mention anything about contracts.  No use of the phrase "free to move to X".  No mention of free markets.  No gleefully throwing out concepts that have been proven to fail.  No backing up failed concepts with true scotsman type fallacies.

I give it a 2 out of 10.  Maybe a 3 if I can buy imitation crab meat in the new states company store.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Florida split up?  Texas?  

Are you high?
View Quote

Yeah,  what would be gained by splitting Florida? And where would you split it? If you think North vs. South you would be mistaken.  Okeechobee,  Martin, and Indian River Counties are solid Republican, We had Allen West as one of our Representatives.  Orlando to the North, not so much. The coast vs. Inland? There is that Orlando problem again. Right now we have state government firmly in Republican hands.  One Senator and Governor are Republican.  If you found some way to segregate the liberals you would end up with one solid Democratic state and one solid Republican.  What is the gain?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#49]
California.   Split them up, we'll get at least a few of their electoral votes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This. Arizona Bay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Arizona Bay.

We've been waiting for a long time
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top