Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
First the first time in video history, holding the camera in portrait mode was the right thing to do.

DID HE LAND IN A TINY POOL AT THE BOTTOM?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lots of things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Permenant solution to a tempoary problem.

You have no idea.... You call it temporary chances are a person who does this has wanted to do this for a very long time.

What in life is so bad that it is worth killing yourself?

Lots of things.

Agreed. That whole "permanent solution to a temporary problem" thing is a crock in my opinion. If you're saying that, then clearly you've never been put in any kind of serious hardship situation. Some problems are quality-of-life-ending types of things. Just off the top of my head, how about the possibility of going to jail for a long time.

This whole idea that all life is sacred no matter what is just crap. Everything can be weighed in pro's and con's, including life. My life isn't that bad at the moment, and I'd say 90% of it is crap that I have to deal with just so I can get to the 10% of it that I enjoy that makes it worthwhile. I work 10hrs a day at a job that I hate, and have no family other than a terminally-ill wife. I'm not suicidal, but I could realistically see myself years down the road in that type of position where there simply aren't enough positives to outweigh the negatives.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes.  On a pretty regular basis.
No. Not at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You ever see something horrible in person that you can't stop from happening?  
The hair on your arms and legs stands up, you get a chill down your spine, an involuntary shudder?
Some women scream "Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaad!", and some men shout "Oh, shit!  Oh, fuck! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck no!"
Same difference.

No. Not at all.

Had a jumper land 20 feet from me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Wow.

Women can scream really loudly.

View Quote

Should have landed on her

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The hair on your arms and legs stands up, you get a chill down your spine, an involuntary shudder?
Some women scream "Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaad!", and some men shout "Oh, shit!  Oh, fuck! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck no!"
Same difference.

No. Not at all.

Yuck!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed. That whole "permanent solution to a temporary problem" thing is a crock in my opinion. If you're saying that, then clearly you've never been put in any kind of serious hardship situation. Some problems are quality-of-life-ending types of things. Just off the top of my head, how about the possibility of going to jail for a long time.

This whole idea that all life is sacred no matter what is just crap. Everything can be weighed in pro's and con's, including life. My life isn't that bad at the moment, and I'd say 90% of it is crap that I have to deal with just so I can get to the 10% of it that I enjoy that makes it worthwhile. I work 10hrs a day at a job that I hate, and have no family other than a terminally-ill wife. I'm not suicidal, but I could realistically see myself years down the road in that type of position where there simply aren't enough positives to outweigh the negatives.
View Quote

Yep, people that think it's "temporary problems" obviously don't know jack shit about being eaten alive by cancer, severe parkinsons, etc etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same difference.

No. Not at all.

Waterproof boots?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#8]
9.8 - 9.4 - 9.3 - 9.7 - 7.2

Fucking Russian judge!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yuck!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same difference.

No. Not at all.

Yuck!

Wasn't that good, dumbass picked a building that wasn't tall enough and survived.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

We don't know that, he might have had a terminal illness.  At any rate, I think he fails BASE jumping 101, forgot his rig.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Jesus, they could have afforded him some peace n quiet in his final moments.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Obliviously he made an impact on your life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad, I knew that guy.

He was very down to earth.

Obliviously he made an impact on your life.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Jesus fucking christ screaming
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The screamer practically ruined that video.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wasn't that good, dumbass picked a building that wasn't tall enough and survived.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same difference.

No. Not at all.

Yuck!

And?How did he look?
able to walk, talk ect.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I feel like this sounded funnier in your head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it when people jump they don't do anything cool like 87 complete revolutions or something like that?  It's always just drop like a sack of potatoes.

I feel like this sounded funnier in your head.

No it was a serious question.  I've never seen anyone do anything but a straight plop.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The 911 jumpers did some God rest their souls

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it when people jump they don't do anything cool like 87 complete revolutions or something like that?  It's always just drop like a sack of potatoes.
The 911 jumpers did some God rest their souls

I don't consider them suicidal jumpers who leapt just because.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
See you next fall.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same difference.

No. Not at all.

Yuck!

Well shit, since you are retired, I can't say "Better luck with the next one."
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This was 84-85, the age of shell toe Adidas and fat laces, break dancing and early rap. I lived on Oakhill Avenue.  I walked around a fair bit and could probably find my way around to this day. I rode my bike around alot till it got swiped. Funny thing it was swiped while I was fighting some guy in a yard, and the lady in the house was scolding us to not fight in her yard, take it to the sidewalk! Long Branch was my first experience with fresh bagels and real Italian food. Not a total waste of a couple years, and I am sure a few better than average folks have squeezed out, but dude, that place was hard core! Never fought any black folks, always Puerto Ricans and white boys. Had a good friend named Hassan, I guess he was muslim of some variety, and he was the one who showed me all the empty houses that you could get in pretty easy to skip school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of the comments are pretty bad:

"I would kill myself too if I lived in Jersey."

Actually I would probably want to as well. That place has to be the rectum of the nation.

Lived in Long Branch when I was 12-13. What a hole. I was from Virginia, and I got my ass beat soooo many times just for having an accent. I didn't lose every fight I was in, but I was in least 25 fights the 2nd half of 7th grade. I stayed in a state of some sort of administrative suspension, either in school or out of school. By the beginning of 8th I was somewhat accepted, so it wasn't too bad, but only because I had gotten worse and fit in better as a piece of shit. I skipped school a bunch, one time it was snowing and like 20 degrees, I ended up breaking a window in an abandoned house and going inside to get out of the weather. I cooked a can of beans on the gas stove and cut the couch up with a steak knife from the kitchen.

I got a concussion from a brazilian kid kicking me in the head in the hall, watched 6th graders fucking behind the trees during lunch, witnessed blow jobs and handies in several classes. I can't say enough how shitty a place that is. Every nationality was represented, and every one of them was equally worthless. My parents were clueless even though I told them what was going on. Mugged before school for lunch money and even had my coat stolen from off of me at knifepoint. These were the middle schoolers!

Fuck NJ, especially Long Branch.

Technically this jumper got off easy considering his prospects.
What years are you speaking of?

I grew up in long branch and have stated many times I learned how to fight when I was 6 or 7.

From 8th grade to the time I was 17 I had about 60 fights , i lost one, that one sent me to the ER with broken ribs and a slight concussion.

LB is a tough town but once you're accepted by the locals I'd be shocked if any fucked with you, as long as you stood up which it sounds like you did.  

This was 84-85, the age of shell toe Adidas and fat laces, break dancing and early rap. I lived on Oakhill Avenue.  I walked around a fair bit and could probably find my way around to this day. I rode my bike around alot till it got swiped. Funny thing it was swiped while I was fighting some guy in a yard, and the lady in the house was scolding us to not fight in her yard, take it to the sidewalk! Long Branch was my first experience with fresh bagels and real Italian food. Not a total waste of a couple years, and I am sure a few better than average folks have squeezed out, but dude, that place was hard core! Never fought any black folks, always Puerto Ricans and white boys. Had a good friend named Hassan, I guess he was muslim of some variety, and he was the one who showed me all the empty houses that you could get in pretty easy to skip school.
I owned part of Paramount cab, drove too

Oakhill ave way uptown was not a bad area.

I probably passed you in or out of crumb buns store

I owned a bar in town too, a go go bar

Long branch like every other town is what you make out of it.

Growing up in long branch gives you skills (if you want to learn) swimming, surfing, fishing, defending yourself, making your way through a day by your wits alone and more.

My Sons can walk into a biker bar and know how to act to make it with out a scratch, they could also walk into the best Hotel in Manhattan and get a room with out the desk clerk looking down his nose at them.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yep!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived in Long Branch when I was a GI.

It wasn't the Garden Spot of the Jersey Shore, but it was far from the shit hole it appears to be now.
Fort Monmouth?  

Yep!

I owned and drove a Paramount cab and I owned a bar which I am not naming

(because it would be easy to ID me LOL)

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same difference.

No. Not at all.

That's danger close.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I never understood why women/girls scream so damn much. It isn't this one incident either, but all the damn time. Situations where a guy may say "aw shit" or just shrug, a woman has the genetic disposition to scream bloody murder.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea.... You call it temporary chances are a person who does this has wanted to do this for a very long time.

I can think of a few things. I don't have those problems though.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What the fuck did that stupid bitch accomplish by screaming?
View Quote
She saw X-Men First Class and thought she might have powers like Banshee and tried to scream him back up the top.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:22:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't the Garden Spot of the Jersey Shore, but it was far from the shit hole it appears to be now.
Fort Monmouth?  

Yep!

How long ago was this?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
How long ago was this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fort Monmouth?  

Yep!

How long ago was this?

Late 80's

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I beat you by 30 years. (1957-1960)
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I never understood why women/girls scream so damn much. It isn't this one incident either, but all the damn time. Situations where a guy may say "aw shit" or just shrug, a woman has the genetic disposition to scream bloody murder.
View Quote

I've always thought the screaming bloody murder thing was a vain attempt to shout down reality.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#30]
He dead.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#31]
If I ever decide to jump off a tall structure to off myself, I'm going to make sure there are lots of people to see it so I can completely blow their mind by yelling at the top of my lungs "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

That or geronimo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, one less person in my Framily plan...  Thanks man.  I hope you are happy with increasing my monthly rates.  Selfish bastard.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#33]
I think I'm glad I wasn't on the Recovery Team.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#34]
That was pretty cool.
It would have been better if the camera had been closer to where he landed, I would have liked to see what happened to the body from the impact as well as whatever he landed on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:44:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That was pretty cool.

It would have been better if the camera had been closer to where he landed, I would have liked to see what happened to the body from the impact as well as whatever he landed on.
View Quote
Allllllllllllllllright.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I wonder what the last thing to go through his mind was.
View Quote

His shoes.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't want to jump to any conclusions or descend into conjecture but I'm going to guess his personal life was in a free fall and his self esteem was rapidly plummeting.
View Quote

Hey, man...leave some for other people.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:24:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My definition of graphic is very different. Article even thought their photos were graphic?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:28:45 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
caused a MC4H flashback.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:35:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow! He had a loooong time to think about that!

I was rather disappointed though. They didn't show him nailing the landing.

Back in the 70s the NBC affilate in Wichita showed a jumper. Not that high up but they showed the landing. It never occurred to me that people bounce when they hit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#42]
VVS
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

caused a MC4H flashback.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

caused a MC4H flashback.  
Yeah yeah I know, I already proved to staff that I did own a go go bar and they posted that too, by the way it almost cost me everything I had so it's not bragging believe me.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm thinking that the first scream heard in the video were those of the jumper himself as he realized its a long way down and he changed his mind.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you never know... the screaming freak may do have done that all the time in his ear...

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'm thinking that the first scream heard in the video were those of the jumper himself as he realized its a long way down and he changed his mind.
View Quote
Yep, I said that earlier in this thread.

It sounded to me like he thought it was a real bad idea the second he was air born.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It sounded to me like he thought it was a real bad idea the second he was air born.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounded like a woman a ways away from the camera. Had to be other people out in the area watching, not just those right near the camera.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He kept dropping reception
View Quote

I cant believe they picked him up over that distance
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That was pretty cool.
View Quote

That right there is an honest man.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top