BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm Fairly sure I could kill a Pit or any aggressive dog with one good slam into the ground with my full weight.

View Quote

Good luck getting it off whatever it may have attached itself to in order to do that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you blame the dog then blame the gun, it's literally the same thing.
View Quote

No it isn't, are you so naive to think the owners have absolute control over every pet they have dominion over? It doesn't matter what kind of dog or pet it is the owners bear ultimate responsibility for its actions but that doesn't equal absolute control.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone actually read the story, she is a fucking fool?

"Camp was dog sitting a friend's pit bull who always seemed friendly, until he met Mackenzi."

She brought the damn thing around her kid, she put herself in that situation and almost got her daughter killed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cuz the gun just freaks out on it's own and then randomly begins shooting people in the hood?
Is that where the phrase my baby didn't do nuffin came from
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone actually read the story, she is a fucking fool?

"Camp was dog sitting a friend's pit bull who always seemed friendly, until he met Mackenzi."

She brought the damn thing around her kid, she put herself in that situation and almost got her daughter killed.
View Quote

Unfortunately not everyone posses a lot of common sense they often have to learn through experiences. Lets hope she learned a valuable lesson.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do you know what the word "literally" means?  

Obviously not.  Public school education?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know what the word "literally" means?  

Obviously not.  Public school education?  
It's LITERALLY as much the dogs fault as it is the guns.

None.  She brought the dog around her kid, she didn't even introduce the dog to the kid first to see how it would react.

Absolute control starts way before your dog gets into the same room as someone else.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I bet you guys are the same ones that blame the lion when some dipshit climbs the fence and gets eaten.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Mom is a badass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bet you guys are the same ones that blame the lion when some dipshit climbs the fence and gets eaten.
View Quote

Insulting people who disagree with you and posting walls of text will really sway the membership.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, way to go mom. Way to bring a strange animal into your home with a 2 year old.  

Stupid fucking people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Way to go mom!!!
Yeah, way to go mom. Way to bring a strange animal into your home with a 2 year old.  

Stupid fucking people.

Sounds like the mom did well once the attack started, but you just don't leave a little kid where it can be attacked by a dog.  

I have a very friendly German Shepherd but would never allow him to be face to face with a kid until I had confidence that there would be no problem.  That could take a while....not just a few second intro.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Insulting people who disagree with you and posting walls of text will really sway the membership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think you can sway a liberal gun grabber just because you post relevant facts?  Nope, it probably isn't going to happen.  I'm making a point because this is something I believe in, and perfectly fine dogs are trained and subsequently killed by the hundreds because of stupid owners/stupid people.

I don't need to try to sway anybody, because this is an issue where people make up their minds and that's that.  But that doesn't stop me from saying how I feel.

If you don't change the tires on your car, and you blow a tire and swerve and run a child over, is it the car's fault?  The tire's fault?  The kid for standing there?  You never really have absolute control over a car, does that mean that cars are inherently dangerous killing machines that can't be controlled?  It's just a fucking dog, if you own one you can tell that no matter the breed it's just a dog, it's only capable of so much, and unfortunately reasoning isn't one of those things.  That's why it is the owners responsibility, always.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, but lions are not generally roaming the streets as pets, either.

They're great dogs, until they're not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because guns run around by themselves and shoot people.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This dog wasn't "roaming the streets", the mom brought it there.  It's not like pitbulls just roam the neighborhoods like wild coyotes preying on children and old people.  

Do some of you think certain breeds of dogs are ok but pitbulls are evil?  Like a bolt action .223 and an AR lmao
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss the part of the story where the mom brought the dog to the girl?  It wasn't a wild pitbull that just rolled up into her house bitin errbody.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#18]
That's one tough broad.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

When was the last time a gun attacked a kid all by itself?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Christ.

People love those fucking dogs more than their fellow man.

They will defend the breed over little children.

Every time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No it is not the same thing.

My gun is not going to jump my fence and attack at will.

Pathetic argument.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No--it wasn't really a "pit bull," therefore it didn't happen.  See how that works??  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obviously another stable getto dawg of peace. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain it's all due to bad owners or due to the baby provoking the beast.

No--it wasn't really a "pit bull," therefore it didn't happen.  See how that works??  

Yeah...  It was a pit-bullie-tyde-dude-dog....

Not a real pit bull.

A real pit bull has never, EVER attacked anyone.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This dog wasn't "roaming the streets", the mom brought it there. It's not like pitbulls just roam the neighborhoods like wild coyotes preying on children and old people.    

Do some of you think certain breeds of dogs are ok but pitbulls are evil?  Like a bolt action .223 and an AR lmao
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This dog wasn't "roaming the streets", the mom brought it there. It's not like pitbulls just roam the neighborhoods like wild coyotes preying on children and old people.    

click

click

click

uh, yeah they are.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like any other dog.

Imagine that.

Ban dogs, for the children.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Lesson learned....this is why you crop the ears of your Pit Bull!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun owners do, according to the people who want to ban guns.

The fact that it hardly ever happens with gun owners or pit bulls doesn't matter to the soccer moms of the world.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"Pit bull” blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah .

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

etc.

View Quote

Doesn't matter.  

Pitbull types gonna pittbull.  

Bitey dogs gonna bite.  

Apologizers gonna apologize.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The fact that it hardly ever happens with gun owners or pit bulls doesn't matter to the soccer moms of the world.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

QFT

I'm out
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

No it's not.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Mom is a badDumbass.
View Quote

I'm sorry, but that's how I feel about it.  She's a God Dammed idiot......  and her little girl paid the price of the mothers careless judgment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#31]
This story could have ended so much worse. Don't mess with a Mother and her cub.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah . . . except for the fact that the dog can do whatever the heck it wants and a gun is an inanimate object.  

An apples to apples comparison would be the dog against a mentally disturbed person with a gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If I saw some guy with baggy pants and a flat bill cap walking a lion down the street towards me I'd shoot the lion without thinking about whether it was a nice or naughty lion  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I saw some guy with baggy pants and a flat bill cap walking a lion down the street towards me I'd shoot the lion without thinking about whether it was a nice or naughty lion  

Don't you realize it's the owner's fault? You would do society a favor not to shoot the lion, as no lion has ever attacked anyone in the history of forever, but to shoot the baggy pants wearing owner instead.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I checked my AR didn't have a functioning brain.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know an AR-15 could be a Democrat.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do you think you can sway a liberal gun grabber just because you post relevant facts?  Nope, it probably isn't going to happen.  I'm making a point because this is something I believe in, and perfectly fine dogs are trained and subsequently killed by the hundreds because of stupid owners/stupid people.  

I don't need to try to sway anybody, because this is an issue where people make up their minds and that's that.  But that doesn't stop me from saying how I feel.

If you don't change the tires on your car, and you blow a tire and swerve and run a child over, is it the car's fault?  The tire's fault?  The kid for standing there?  You never really have absolute control over a car, does that mean that cars are inherently dangerous killing machines that can't be controlled?  It's just a fucking dog, if you own one you can tell that no matter the breed it's just a dog, it's only capable of so much, and unfortunately reasoning isn't one of those things.  That's why it is the owners responsibility, always.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. If you're driving a Ford Explorer with Firestones, it is actually the tire's fault if you swerve off the interstate, flip and your family burns to death. The fault is with the tire.

2. By trying to equate a dog or lion's instinct to act aggressively towards a perceived threat with the culpability a firearm has in a homicide; you have actually given, by your own logic, psychopaths a valid legal defense for their actions.

Prosecutor: "Mr. Smith willingly and with malice, murdered 27 people, in ritualistic fashion."

Defense: "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, it is true that my client, Mr. Smith, did in fact, murder 27 people. However, when a dog or lion act on instinct and attack a threat, we don't hold them responsible, for it is in their nature; we also don't look at firearm as the one culpable in a crime, it is the person that pulled the trigger that bears responsibility. While murder is deplorable to most people; to my client it isn't. It is his instinct to kill those that are weak, he is at no more fault for this crime, then a dog, lion, or weapon. That is his nature. I rest my case.

Prosecutor: "Objection!!! That isn't how this works!"

Judge: "Overruled! That makes perfect sense. Case dismissed."

Defense: "Easiest fucking case ever. Off I go to get my Charlie Sheen on. what what!"
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah . . . except for the fact that the dog can do whatever the heck it wants and a gun is an inanimate object.  

An apples to apples comparison would be the dog against a mentally disturbed person with a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
QFT    

I'm out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT    

I'm out

Bout time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was about to post this... Glad I did t "dupe"...
View Quote

there were probably hundreds of GD posters trying to post this at the same time when they saw it on the net while eating peanut butter and jelly sammiches......you WIN!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pretty much.  

"Pitbulls" are just the flavor of the week dog breed when it comes to bashing them in the media.  Most of the dogs referenced in these types of news articles are some poorly bred mutt that "has similar physical characteristics" of an APBT or Staffordshire Terrier.  There isn't even a dog breed just called "pitbull", that's just a word ignorant people use to describe "evil" "killer" dogs.  

Blaming that dog is no different than blaming a gun for killing someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Way to go mom!!!

Stupid fucking people.

No mention of the unstable killer that is BRED that way,  business as usual for you.

It really doesn't matter what breed.  Lots of dogs act differently around small kids.  I trust none of them around mine not even my own dog.
Pretty much.  

"Pitbulls" are just the flavor of the week dog breed when it comes to bashing them in the media.  Most of the dogs referenced in these types of news articles are some poorly bred mutt that "has similar physical characteristics" of an APBT or Staffordshire Terrier.  There isn't even a dog breed just called "pitbull", that's just a word ignorant people use to describe "evil" "killer" dogs.  

Blaming that dog is no different than blaming a gun for killing someone.

Except that guns are inanimate objects, dogs are not...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it is very dissimilar, dogs are capable of making decisions, guns are not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really.

Guns don't have brains, and aren't an animal. They are completely unable to do anything without input from someone, or something (be it a drop, or mechanical failure).

Of course, I bet that dog was really fucking surprised to have that woman go Mike Tyson on its ear.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard from someone who isn't even the president.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

The fuck it is.

Guns are inanimate Objects, dogs are not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now who's retarded?

TXL
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
It is LITERALLY Not the same thing.

It would be the same thing if the child put it's head into the dogs mouth, and forced the dog's jaws up and down with her own strength and mauled herself using the pitbul as a tool of self mutilation. THEN it would be the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not really.

Guns don't have brains, and aren't an animal. They are completely unable to do anything without input from someone, or something (be it a drop, or mechanical failure).

Of course, I bet that dog was really fucking surprised to have that woman go Mike Tyson on its ear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

The dog probably thought it had the upper hand... until it was choking on her hand and she was biting its ear off.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Bad judgement seems to be her forte, bumped uglies with someone who wasn't willing to stick around for the baby, named the baby a weird name, now exposed her young daughter to a large dog.  

It's a shame, she's pretty easy on the eyes.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top