Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
RogueUK, where is your Messiah, now?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

When I read the first line, can you imagine how disappointed I was when I didn't find the expected picture of Jeremy Clarkson

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

that said, i would rather pay a 95% tax to a government i despise--but that was chosen and is overseen directly by my people--than cede sovereignty to a foreign power.  i would rather be a citizen of a failed state than a subject of someone else's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

thank you for your offer.  i admire the british, and acknowledge the tremendous influence that britain has had on our own culture.

that said, i would rather pay a 95% tax to a government i despise--but that was chosen and is overseen directly by my people--than cede sovereignty to a foreign power.  i would rather be a citizen of a failed state than a subject of someone else's.

this is my country--my family.  its successes and failures are mine, and ours.

But we'd leave you to succeed or fail on your own as much as you like. No one saying "you didn't build that" and telling you to give two thirds of your hard-earned stuff to someone else who didn't succeed.

you propose trading autonomy for amenity.  this is not an attractive proposition.

but don't let me discourage you from making the same trade with my ancestors...

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]

All you're missing is a sniper from BLM in the background. Eagles on your land? Sorry, they'll have to flatten your house and shoot all your kittens. It's for the environment. Freedom, fuck yeah!

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

you propose trading autonomy for amenity.  this is not an attractive proposition.
View Quote

But on the individual level wouldn't you, personally, have far more autonomy and amenity under this system than under your current system?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But on the individual level wouldn't you, personally, have far more autonomy and amenity under this system than under your current system?

and all that it would require is a simple offering of earth and water...

still no.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#8]

How about no.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]
We already kicked their asses in WWII. Cheer-i-o, let's do it again!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather suffer a third term of Obammunism than swear allegiance to the crown.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
thank you for your offer.  i admire the british, and acknowledge the tremendous influence that britain has had on our own culture.

View Quote

Just assume this was said in my voice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Come now, it's not like we're planning to let the dead vote multiple times in elections, or drive ranchers of the land so we can sell it to the Chinese...

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll go with this
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Will we be allowed to use tooth brush's and tooth paste and go to Dentists regularly?

Other than that doesnt sound that bad
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm okay with this.....on one condition.

You have to take back Piers Morgan, Russell Brand, et al, and stop sending over all of your insufferable wankers over here.

Deal?

Pffft.  Yeah, I didn't think so.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Who wouldn't want him as their exhaulted ruler?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who wouldn't want him as their exhaulted ruler?

http://blogs.ajc.com/the-buzz/files/2010/11/prince1.jpg
View Quote

Besides the bad teeth and inbreeding, Im sure he's a swell guy
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cute British chick? You mean the ones that speak Polish fluently?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eat what you like, our spotted dick is kept in reserve for our cute British chicks

Cute British chick? You mean the ones that speak Polish fluently?

No; the ones that still have an almost full set of front teeth.

So far as rejoining you in servitude as subjects of royalty goes.........molon labe.

I'm not one to bow or bend a knee to anyone regardless of what FBHO does.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
If Jeremy Clarkson becomes Prime Minister, I might consider it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But the choice is between what we can offer and what you have now? Once you have tasted the freedom we are offering, would you actually want to go back?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would say yes, just to have an opportunity to kick your British asses again.

But the choice is between what we can offer and what you have now? Once you have tasted the freedom we are offering, would you actually want to go back?

It's tempting, but for now I would rather not be controlled by a third-world nation like England. We can become a third world nation just fine on our own!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I will swear loyalty to the Crown if and only if I get to bang the Duchess of Cambridge
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In light of your political and economic situation, what would you say to the following offer?

We allow you to come back under Crown control. As a colony, our only real interest in you is making money out of you, so...

You can elect your own colonial parliament, representatives, administration etc. As long as you're making money, we don't care. We get to appoint a colonial governor to sign off laws on behalf of the Queen. We can't be bothered with all that nonsense surrounding setting up a proper legal system for you after the hash you made of the last one, so we'll just scrub most of what went before and use your constitution as a basic set of rules.

Any regulations that impact on your ability to continue generating revenue for us are abolished - no EPA, zoning etc. We don't care if your ruin your land or your health, as long as you're making money. All this commerce clause nonsense stops because - hey, you're all our subjects now anyway.

All government-sponsored healthcare and welfare is stopped. You're just colonial peons, we're not wasting money on supporting you. If you want to support each other, go right ahead. As long as you're paying your taxes, we don't care.

You can have whatever cars, guns, foods etc you like. Want to drink unpasteurized milk while driving a giant diesel truck at 100mph and shooting a machinegun out the window? Fine. Your health, safety and social cohesion is of no concern to us. Do whatever you want as long as you pay your taxes.

IN RETURN

The only tax that the Crown will allow to be levied is a flat 15% on each subject's earnings in excess of $10k per annum (reasonably adjusted for inflation) and a flat 10% corporation tax charged on all company income in excess of $100k per annum. The personal tax revenue is split, so 5% of that tax is kept to run your internal colonial affairs and we get 10%. We get all the corporation tax.

If you want to make other contributions to churches, local projects, schools, charities or whatever from your share, go right ahead - but your regional governments can't force it out of you because only we can raise a tax and we already have our cut so we're not interested.

What do you say? How is this not better than what you have at the moment?

If you're interested, I can have a word with some people I know and see what we can get set up.
View Quote

The UK is in worse shape than us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys are great allies but fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would say yes, just to have an opportunity to kick your British asses again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Why would we want to be part of a Muslim country? Tell you what, just take the douche Piers Morgan back and we'll re-friend you (UK) on Facebook.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Sure thing jocko.

I'm ordering moar .308 now and headspacing another FAL to celebrate your arrival.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The UK is in worse shape than us.
View Quote

Which makes it a win-win situation for everyone! You are freed from all those chains set lightly upon you that stop you from taking back your place as an economic powerhouse. Free to innovate, to build, to create without bureaucracy and governmental interference.

You bring your resources and potential. We bring our vast experience in benefiting from your resources and potential. Everyone is a winner.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#29]
But then who would save your arses in the next European War like we did in the last 2?

It's not like you have a navy with surface combatants anymore.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You bring your resources and potential. We bring our vast experience in benefiting from your resources and potential. Everyone is a winner.

View Quote

That's not  fair. The UK recently innovated a computer that leaks oil.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Sure thing jocko.

I'm ordering moar .308 now and headspacing another FAL to celebrate your arrival.
View Quote

Fantastic! Never shot a FAL before, looking forward to the experience. Could you get some .303 in as well, I'm running a little low.

I can bring some .22RF if you like, we're practically drowning in the stuff over here at the moment. So much, so cheap, all over the place. It's getting embarrassing...

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You have to take back Piers Morgan, Russell Brand, et al, and stop sending over all of your insufferable wankers over here.

Deal?

View Quote
to be fair that's a big ask

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fantastic! Never shot a FAL before, looking forward to the experience. Could you get some .303 in as well, I'm running a little low.

I can bring some .22RF if you like, we're practically drowning in the stuff over here at the moment. So much, so cheap, all over the place. It's getting embarrassing...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure thing jocko.

I'd love an L39 with a broad arrow stamp...any chance?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Deal?

View Quote

Sorry, we can't take Penis Morgan back due to health and safety reasons. We're thinking of dropping him on Argentina next time they get antsy over the Falklands, until then we're trying to keep him offshore.

Russell Brand is a bit of a tit but, by putting him in the same sentence as PM, you've guaranteed him leniency by virtue of comparison.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Look at the great nightmare bullshit that is AU and CA and then go punch yourself in the cunt.

Would rather die a free poor man than a poor subject of the winkled bag on cunt that is the queen.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#37]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Look at the great nightmare bullshit that is AU and CA and then go punch yourself in the cunt.

Would rather die a free poor man than a poor subject of the winkled bag on cunt that is the queen.
View Quote

Canada is infected with the French and Australia was a penal colony. Are you saying that you would so quickly revert to being french criminals?

We're offering you far more freedom than you currently have, it's just a different name on the pink slip.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

FPNI
View Quote

Technically my post was the first post, so I shall take that as another vote in favour

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't want to upset the Brits but I don't much care for royalty.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Technically my post was the first post, so I shall take that as another vote in favour

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

Fuck, you can't even spell "favor" right. You need to brush up on your American.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?

It was right after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

I think he's referring to the famous WWII encounter "the Battle of Waterloo", just after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour.

Thankfully we're only after their taxes not their highschool history teachers, so I was going to let it slide

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Dear Brit chap:

Respectfully, no.

Sincerely,
America.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#49]

How bout I piss in your tee and shit you out a crumpet
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Dear Brit chap:

Respectfully, no.

Sincerely,

America.
View Quote

Interesting. We offer freedom, but you're happier with your current slavery? I think our offer is actually pretty darned good.

Why do you hate freedom?

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top