Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 9:33:45 AM EDT
Background:
We live in a semirural area that is a dumping ground for unwanted cats and dogs.

I don't like cats. so naturally the neighbors cat has kittens in my backyard.

My wife finds them and keeps an eye on them, she loves any animal.
She's made a fenced area in the corner where our dogs can't get to the kittens and the momma cat can come and go as she pleases.
Just now she calls me out of the house, seems the dogs are trying to get an older tomcat in a tree in our yard. She wants me to kill it, very, very unlike her.
Damn thing was killing the kittens. Got two of the three. It makes matters worse that I missed, the dogs didn't get him when he leaped out of the tree either.

I'm now free to start shooting /trapping strays.
She said she prefers trapping them and sending them to the county shelter but she wants them gone.
She also wants me to leave the silenced 22 out where she can get it on short notice.
I'm thinking maybe she's pissed.
Edit wife is a very good shot with anything, so I'm leaving the 22 out or she'll use her CZ75 and rile up out neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Just cats doing what cats do.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Lions do the same thing. The kittens weren't fathered by him. As soon as he kills all the kittens, the mother cat will go back into heat and he can knock her up with his kittens. Cats are cruel that way.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#3]
In before the wife's pic request.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Rural setting (and safe discharge of firearms isn't a crime)?  First time I saw that cat on my property it would be getting a .22 to the head.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife is a 50ish short graying overweight grandmothery type, just use your imagination.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I feel for you brother. I am surrounded by crazy cat ladies and their swarm of feral cats. I live in town so shooting them is out of the question therefore trapping has become the only option. They are in the process of destroying my property and I am not going to put up with it anymore. One lady had between 80-100 cats at her house.

Animal Control and the Humane Society are completely useless and will actually work against you and help the crazy cat ladies. The nut behind me has a cat condo on her deck with heat, light and food that services anywhere between 10-12 ferals daily. There are at least 3 other cat nuts on my street that feed these vermin.

Trapping them and taking them out to my range is becoming the preferred method although they reproduce pretty fast. Because so many people feed them the swarm seems endless.

My range is in the sticks and the released cats are like mcnuggets for the coyotes. I would not dump them out of town and make them someone elses problem.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yep. Lions do the same thing. The kittens weren't fathered by him. As soon as he kills all the kittens, the mother cat will go back into heat and he can knock her up with his kittens. Cats are cruel that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't stop after the kittens are born either:

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#9]

I'll bet he's glad the 52s weren't on sale when he got that tv.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two of those ungrateful bitches, still feed them, let them in or out more times than I can count per day, change their shit box and would gladly give them away if not for the SO.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Now I love cats, but.....I had to go over to a little old ladies house yesterday.  She had to wrangle her cats before I could come inside. she apologized profusely because it took a bit.  
"Sorry I took so long, I have 12 foster cats here" she sez

"Oh, no problem" I say.....but I'm thinking....no Cat-rancher you have 12 head here

the ammonia smell was hateful
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Cats are amoral and sociopathic. They follow the rule might makes right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Heard a blurb on the news yesterday where a housecat went beserk  attacked  it's owner and family, sent three to the hospital with assorted gashes and superficial wounds.
The F.D was called in to subdue the enraged pet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Kittez are the debil..

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#17]
She does know what the shelter will do with them, doesn't she?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#18]

LMAO

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8nYgnE93Y

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8nYgnE93Y

Loved the cat's way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

she knows "but it's more humane than shooting them"
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a mammal instinct. Lower IQ humans do it too
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My wife is a 50ish short graying overweight grandmothery type, just use your imagination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And your point is?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many animals do the same thing. Bears, for example.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for the cat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not for the cat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for the cat.

I don't think so either but the bed is way more comfy than the couch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for the cat.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Background:

We live in a semirural area that is a dumping ground for unwanted cats and dogs.

I don't like cats. so naturally the neighbors cat has kittens in my backyard.

My wife finds them and keeps an eye on them, she loves any animal.

She's made a fenced area in the corner where our dogs can't get to the kittens and the momma cat can come and go as she pleases.

Just now she calls me out of the house, seems the dogs are trying to get an older tomcat in a tree in our yard. She wants me to kill it, very, very unlike her.

Damn thing was killing the kittens. Got two of the three. It makes matters worse that I missed, the dogs didn't get him when he leaped out of the tree either.

I'm now free to start shooting /trapping strays.

She said she prefers trapping them and sending them to the county shelter but she wants them gone.

She also wants me to leave the silenced 22 out where she can get it on short notice.

I'm thinking maybe she's pissed.

Edit wife is a very good shot with anything, so I'm leaving the 22 out or she'll use her CZ75 and rile up out neighbors.
View Quote
duh?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top