Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NRA Life Member checking in
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
not yet and thats strictly because i'm a college kid with no income for the next month, after i start my job up again ill be signing up for a lifetime membership
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I support NRA
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure seems like a lot of the "life members" don't have an eagle here. Maybe they don't know it's free.
Edit: not doubting anyone but show some pride, I wear the life pin on my ball cap, have an eagle etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a member
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm a member
View Quote

Checking for NRA EAGLE...

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Life member.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#12]
yes, member

if you are not you should join
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes I am a member.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#14]
You bet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Yes, I fully support the NRA and I am a Member.

The NRA is the only reason that Democrats and RINOS have not completely done away with the 2nd Amendment.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#16]
The only one here that ISN"T an NRA life member is the cat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only one here that ISN"T an NRA life member is the cat.
View Quote

Sign him up, just be sure he doesn't accidently get registered to vote democat. oops democrat
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Lifer
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't support corrupt organizations
View Quote
me either

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've never understood why gun owners would hate the most effective pro-gun lobby in the country.  Even in states that repeatedly elect a majority of anti-gun politicians the NRA is still present and fighting.
View Quote

For one they're liars. They made promises we banked on here in CO last year, then disappeared, then came back when the battle was won, then disappeared again when the bills came due.

Fuck them and their junk mail.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the whole point of the nra is to raise money for our cause. How effective they are with that money is up for debate but all the life members are no longer paying ( at least for membership) so they aren't really helping the cause.
View Quote

It isn't the membership dues that matter so much, but the donations to ILA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For one they're liars. They made promises we banked on here in CO last year, then disappeared, then came back when the battle was won, then disappeared again when the bills came due.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never understood why gun owners would hate the most effective pro-gun lobby in the country.  Even in states that repeatedly elect a majority of anti-gun politicians the NRA is still present and fighting.

LOL, what promises did the NATIONAL Rifle Association make to Colorado?  The same Colorado that's full of liberal CA transplants and potheads that elected a Democratic governor and legislature?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LOL, what promises did the NATIONAL Rifle Association make to Colorado?  The same Colorado that's full of liberal CA transplants and potheads that elected a Democratic governor and legislature?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Money, and manpower for the recalls.

Keep on drinking that koolaid.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Life member.  

And clearly some people really have no idea what the NRA does.  But they sure will tell you how much of a failure they are.

They are not perfect.  but they do a whole lot more then some people give them credit for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It isn't their fault CO voters made back choices.

My state is fucked, but that isn't the NRA's fault.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks you for your service sir! I am one too. I just spent $80 at the NRA store last week. And I think I will send NRA-ILA some money this week to counter Bloomberg.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Life member.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Benefactor member.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are missing the point.

Promises were made, we obligated to certain things because of those promises, then promises were not kept.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I just renewed to a 5 year NRA membership. All of my local private gun ranges
require members to be either NRA or GOA members. I know of a few gun
shops that will not sell guns unless you or either a member or apply
before your purchase. I agree with this stance BTW.
In fact I
would wholeheartedly support this site if it required either NRA, GOA or JPFO or any major accredited pro-gun group
membership in order to register here. All gun boards should take the leading role in this IMO.
Those gun owners that choose not to support gun rights politically should only be able to lurk here, as they do in life.
Fact is the only thing in the way of us loosing our gun rights right now is a thin line of politicians. Our rights, especially gun rights are political whether we like it or not. We can not afford not be involved or at least support the most powerful lobbying groups that will fight anti's on our behalf.
Just last week for example, a rabidly anti-gun billionaire announced he plans to spend 50 million dollars to take your rights...and that's just one man. None of us alone can combat deep pockets like that, but combined we can at least push back and the only effective way is to support a gun rights lobby.
I think the ARFCOM staff should consider the policy that all accounts must show an up to date NRA, GOA or JPFO membership (same as most private gun range memberships).

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
To many people, it  seems like the NRA exists only to promote the NRA, and not the protection of the rights of gun owners. To me, it seems that the NRA does very little when put in perspective with their huge membership and donation numbers.

They are the biggest, but I don't see a great power to weight ratio.

I was a member/donor, and might be again one day, but they don't get my money at this time.
View Quote

Power to weight ratio ain't everything. In the end what matters is simply . . . power. Large orgs will tend to have lower power to weight ratios, it is just the way it is.

NRA has the ability to do things no other gun rights group can do. Further, they have defended our rights for a long time, the fact that we still have these rights is in large part due to NRA.

Also, NRA has made some significant contributions that are not appreciated. One example being pushing tort reform passed by Bush.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yep. I was the director of a small bore program for a few years. The NRA gave us a grant that provided new rifles and equipment. Any pro-gun person who doesn't support the NRA is a fool. They do far more to support the cause than most people realize.
View Quote

On that note, if you don't attend Friends if the NRA events you need to.  

Yes, I support the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#37]
This and vcdl at the Commonwealth level.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#38]
The NRA turned me into a newt and sent me junk mail!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The hate comes from those not willing to put their money where their mouth is. While I don't agree with every decision the NRA makes, they are the largest and most powerful gun lobby in the country. Numbers matter and the NRA is the one with the numbers so they get my support. We're in a much better place because of them then we would be without them.
View Quote

It also comes from those who want everything NOW without any compromise.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just renewed to a 5 year NRA membership. All of my local private gun ranges require members to be either NRA or GOA members. I know of a few gun shops that will not sell guns unless you or either a member or apply before your purchase. I agree with this stance BTW.

In fact I would wholeheartedly support this site if it required either NRA, GOA or JPFO or any major accredited pro-gun group membership in order to register here. All gun boards should take the leading role in this IMO.

Those gun owners that choose not to support gun rights politically should only be able to lurk here, as they do in life.

Fact is the only thing in the way of us loosing our gun rights right now is a thin line of politicians. Our rights, especially gun rights are political whether we like it or not. We can not afford not be involved or at least support the most powerful lobbying groups that will fight anti's on our behalf.

Just last week for example, a rabidly anti-gun billionaire announced he plans to spend 50 million dollars to take your rights...and that's just one man. None of us alone can combat deep pockets like that, but combined we can at least push back and the only effective way is to support a gun rights lobby.

I think the ARFCOM staff should consider the policy that all accounts must show an up to date NRA, GOA or JPFO membership (same as most private gun range memberships).

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Endowment Life Member
My wife is a Life Member
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just renewed to a 5 year NRA membership. All of my local private gun ranges require members to be either NRA or GOA members. I know of a few gun shops that will not sell guns unless you or either a member or apply before your purchase. I agree with this stance BTW.

In fact I would wholeheartedly support this site if it required either NRA, GOA or JPFO or any major accredited pro-gun group membership in order to register here. All gun boards should take the leading role in this IMO.

View Quote

Your range requires NRA membership for free improvement money, and insurance.

No blind following involved.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#43]
This thread reminded me that I needed to renew.  Going to try and save up for a life membership and matching ILA donation before my year is up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Plus the NRA makes liberals cry and if that was their only purpose I'd still be a member.
View Quote

this++1000
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I am an annual member and won't go any higher until they start working on repealing the NFA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yep. I was the director of a small bore program for a few years. The NRA gave us a grant that provided new rifles and equipment. Any pro-gun person who doesn't support the NRA is a fool. They do far more to support the cause than most people realize.
View Quote

Seems to me the biggest bitch I here is they keep sending me mail.
Guess they are TOO STUPID to know you can opt out from that.

Emails from the NRAILA bother you same thing.  But I like to know what is happening.

My only gripe is I never have the time to read the Magazine.
Joined in 1981.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top