Quoted:
NRA Life Member checking in
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Ummm, yeah.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#3]
NRA won me back for life with their response to the Sandy Hook media shitstorm.

<----- Proud Life Member
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the NRA long time...
View Quote

Fifteen dollah?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Life member checking in.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Patron member checking in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't support corrupt organizations
View Quote

Bullshit.  You pay taxes, don't you?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
++++  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+++

++++  

+++
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#11]
the whole point of the nra is to raise money for our cause. How effective they are with that money is up for debate but all the life members are no longer paying ( at least for membership) so they aren't really helping the cause.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good, stay the fuck out

We've always had this same situation:

The NRA is a powerful gun rights organization, one of the most powerful political lobbies in the USA.

The liberals hate the NRA more than any other lobby in Washington

those are known facts.

Then we have this zoo of elite tacticool gun owners coming up with wierd illogical reasons to not join

I think it's great - I think if the NRA filled up with people like you it would be a disaster

stay out forever
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Benefactor member here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

To many people, it  seems like the NRA exists only to promote the NRA, and not the protection of the rights of gun owners. To me, it seems that the NRA does very little when put in perspective with their huge membership and donation numbers.

They are the biggest, but I don't see a great power to weight ratio.

I was a member/donor, and might be again one day, but they don't get my money at this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never understood why gun owners would hate the most effective pro-gun lobby in the country.  Even in states that repeatedly elect a majority of anti-gun politicians the NRA is still present and fighting.

To many people, it  seems like the NRA exists only to promote the NRA, and not the protection of the rights of gun owners. To me, it seems that the NRA does very little when put in perspective with their huge membership and donation numbers.

I was a member/donor, and might be again one day, but they don't get my money at this time.

of course, we understand

you'll join when everything is perfect and the battle is already won

thanks for playing, mr. logic

Hillary loves you

I think you should stay out forever

Just keep the fuck out forever

have that $35 membership turned into dollar bills at the bank and spread it all over the sofa

then roll in it and whisper, "mine, all mine"
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Life Member here.

My understanding is, the NRA sent over a rep to help push  the SBR/SBS bill that recently passed in Michigan.

View Quote

They did.  They also had their NRA reps pushing "shall-certify" laws in several states.  Kentucky just passed it and it was the NRA rep in the committee meetings that was answering questions.  Now anywhere in KY the CLEO shall certify all NFA paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Endowment member checking in
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
the whole point of the nra is to raise money for our cause. How effective they are with that money is up for debate but all the life members are no longer paying ( at least for membership) so they aren't really helping the cause.
View Quote

Many still donate by choice. There are also membership upgrades. Both bring in more money.

Life members generally don't become life members so they never have to pay again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA is the ONLY gun rights group the left actually fears.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Plus the NRA makes liberals cry and if that was their only purpose I'd still be a member.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you came to that conclusion how?I donate every month.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

paying for a $750 life membership is the same as paying yearly dues 21 years in advance

trust me, there is no business or organization on the face of the planet earth than wouldn't want all the members to pay 21 years into the future

money has time value
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Life member, but that doesn't mean they are perfect.  They need to fix the way they do some things.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#25]

No.  

They support way more gun control than I am comfortable with.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never understood why gun owners would hate the most effective pro-gun lobby in the country.  Even in states that repeatedly elect a majority of anti-gun politicians the NRA is still present and fighting.

If you don't see what the NRA is doing it is because you haven't looked.  If you want to see what the NRA is doing in a specific state.  http://nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation.aspx  While you are on that site sign up for the NRA ILA's email alerts that will tell you on a daily basis what they are doing.

They work behind the scenes and take a low profile.  You won't see them going head to head against Bloomberg, wasting money on media coverage.  But rest assured their reps are setting in the capitol building in every state.  Kentucky just had a shall certify NFA law passed.  The bill came out of nowhere, the NRA rep handled the committee meeting, and the bill was passed in both Houses with almost no resistance.  Now across all of Kentucky every NFA app must be signed.  There was no news story on it.  Besides looking at the NRA site or getting the NRA ILA emails there is no way for anyone in Kentucky to know that such a bill just passed.  The same goes for the other 10 pro-gun laws the NRA helped push through in Kentucky this year.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Yepp!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Endowment
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Member, and I have given more to them than just the cost of my membership.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#32]
In and yes!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I need to become a life member because I keep forgetting to renew my membership when it comes up....  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to become a life member because I keep forgetting to renew my membership when it comes up....  

I have that problem too.  

NRA is here in 2016 in KY, so I'm going to do it then I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Who
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#36]
My wife, sons and myself are members.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Life member of the NRA, the oldest civil rights organization in America.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good, stay the fuck out

The NRA is a powerful gun rights organization, one of the most powerful political lobbies in the USA.

those are known facts.

Then we have this zoo of elite tacticool gun owners coming up with wierd illogical reasons to not join

I think it's great - I think if the NRA filled up with people like you it would be a disaster

stay out forever
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good, stay the fuck out

those are known facts.

stay out forever

U MAD?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes!.....And, I'm on the easy pay method to becoming a life member.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#42]
The hate comes from those not willing to put their money where their mouth is. While I don't agree with every decision the NRA makes, they are the largest and most powerful gun lobby in the country. Numbers matter and the NRA is the one with the numbers so they get my support. We're in a much better place because of them then we would be without them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Might be time for another NRA Money Bomb since we haven't had one since last year. We'll see who supports the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So why a No, when you have an NRA icon ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

So why a No, when you have an NRA icon ?

I forgot to use this

I forget it all the time.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Of course.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#46]
I just signed up for the $25/month life membership. I hope to pay that off ahead of time and go for the higher member statuses and will also look into the ILA. I didn't realize the membership fees were not allowed to be used for political action. What would it be used for in a political action organization?

I no longer voluntarily give away ANY money to what I deem FSA programs, so I can throw more money at causes I have personal interest in. Door beggars, Salvation army, and even churches don't get a dime from me. The exceptions are cancer research, veteran's or children's causes that are vetted. The rest I believe are a parasite on society and I will no longer support it with my hard earned money. there are just to many opportunities out there to have as many "needy" people looking for hand outs as we do in this country.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Need to currently re-up.  Don't have the scratch right now for a Lifetime Membership
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I love the NRA long time...
View Quote

That made me laugh, A LOT!  And yes, I have been a NRA member for a very long time.  Also, I thought Wayne LaPerrie's (sp) response after the Sandy Hook shooting was absolutely brilliant and spot on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#49]

I'm a NRA lifer and proud of it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top