Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 9:25:36 PM EDT

Who in the WORLD would want to go to an ATV recreation park with 25,000 other people?

So many people there that it needs its own helipad to take out injured riders.  Although the story doesn't mention it, they have at least several people killed there every year.  And the article mentions that people literally "circle their trailers" to try to protect themselves from crime.

I just don't get the appeal.    Give me a good mountain trail at 10,000 feet any day over that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Retard black hole?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there last month for a few days during the week.  Barely anyone else there, it was great.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Retard black hole?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Retard black hole?

Wow.... I like that.

I never thought if it, but I guess the more retards you get in close proximity, the more they bend the stupid-time continuum, and the more other nearby retards are attracted to it.

Maybe if it gets more popular, they'll achieve a stupidity singularity.  

Quoted:
I was there last month for a few days during the week.  Barely anyone else there, it was great.

I could see that being enjoyable if there weren't many people.  But man, jam-packed like that...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey I see some cans down there citizen.  Could you go go pick them up please... comrade?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like fun. I'd go
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I dunno. You should see the ORV parts of the Oregon Sand Dunes.
Imagine every Walmart rascal rider you ever saw, put them in one spot together and give them the ability to 60 MPH
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhhhh, Been there a couple of times during Easter weekend, Most of the people there do not own a quad/rail or bike but go down there for the weekend long drunken party that is sand mountain. It is impressive to be there and hear the constant roar from the drag races up the face but it gets old at about 3 am. Most of the deaths come from drunken retards hitting each other right outside the camp or people with absolutely no clue how to ride dunes following people that do and running themselves off a razor ( I have had to provide first aid to 3 different people where this was the case).  
I have stopped going there now that there is a registration fee of 25$ and the fact that camping there sucks ass. Now my friends and I drive the extra 2 hours to go to Saint Anthony sand dunes in Idaho, where the dunes are bigger and way faster!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I felt a disturbance in the force, as if a million Natty Ices cried out in terror....and were suddenly silenced.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ahhhhh, Been there a couple of times during Easter weekend, Most of the people there do not own a quad/rail or bike but go down there for the weekend long drunken party that is sand mountain. It is impressive to be there and hear the constant roar from the drag races up the face but it gets old at about 3 am. Most of the deaths come from drunken retards hitting each other right outside the camp or people with absolutely no clue how to ride dunes following people that do and running themselves off a razor ( I have had to provide first aid to 3 different people where this was the case).  
I have stopped going there now that there is a registration fee of 25$ and the fact that camping there sucks ass. Now my friends and I drive the extra 2 hours to go to Saint Anthony sand dunes in Idaho, where the dunes are bigger and way faster!
View Quote

I guess I'm getting old.

I still like to play hard during the day, but once the sun goes down, anybody keeping me from sleeping is going to suffer some serious consequences.  

I've had to pull an unconscious, hypothermic guy out of a river at 8,000 feet in freezing weather that I came across, trying to be as gentle as I could because I suspected neck injury - but if I hadn't pulled him out, he would have frozen to death long before help could arrive.  It always sucks seeing someone get hurt.  

With all we could do to get the guy warm over the hour that we waited for someone to get into cell coverage and for help to arrive, he was able to talk if we asked him questions, but still wasn't really conscious.  I don't know how long that guy laid there freezing in that 32F water.   Had at least a broken arm for sure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I love fuckheads who refer to 4 wheelers and atvs as "bikes"
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I felt a disturbance in the force, as if a million Natty Ices cried out in terror....and were suddenly silenced.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who in the WORLD would want to go to an ATV recreation park with 25,000 other people?

http://i.imgur.com/yPr5JP3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H6T1x91.jpg

So many people there that it needs its own helipad to take out injured riders.  Although the story doesn't mention it, they have at least several people killed there every year.  And the article mentions that people literally "circle their trailers" to try to protect themselves from crime.

I just don't get the appeal.    Give me a good mountain trail at 10,000 feet any day over that.
View Quote

Holy Christ, that is a serious clusterfuck. I wouldn't go anywhere near that shit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea....

It's a great thing.  It shows that a small business owner can have toys.   Turns out it's lots of good old boys and gals and everyone is out to have a great time with their own rigs and toys.  

You have guys who are 2 years in business making 45.7 bagillions and you have old rich guys who have their old rigs out with their grandkids riding toys.

I think it's a pretty neat thing.   Walk around and talk to the other owners and riders.   I bet you find a lot more caring, sharing and philanthropists than you could imagine exist.

But they also have loud obnoxious broads with tit tats, loud pipes, big fires, loud motors, air horns, big ass bbqs, etc.   Guess what.  

Murica.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quadtards.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Besides the Quadtards, the other thing is that it's the end effect of what I call "funneling".
As the libtards close off more land to "the people" to all forms of recreation the people head to the open areas.

More people using less area.
They have been funneled into a smaller area.
That area gets over used and cannot repair itself, so when the eco-Nazi's make enough noise, click, another area is gated off.

I can't tell you how many millions of acres of PUBLIC LAND has been gated off here in Washington State which is causing the open areas to be overused.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Besides the Quadtards, the other thing is that it's the end effect of what I call "funneling".
As the libtards close off more land to "the people" to all forms of recreation the people head to the open areas.

That area gets over used and cannot repair itself, so when the eco-Nazi's make enough noise, click, another area is gated off.

I can't tell you how many millions of acres of PUBLIC LAND has been gated off here in Washington State which is causing the open areas to be overused.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is more apparent in the Dune community as libtards and econazi's have a hard on for sand dunes for some reason.  Between the many dune closures in the west coast and southern Utah has funneled people from all over the west to Little Sahara and Saint Anthony's.  The only reason little sahara is still open is the income the state gets, the environmentalist have been trying to close it for years because of a sagebush that has adapted to live in the sand, that is still all over the dunes, and gets killed by blowing sands and not OHV's.  Saint Anthony s has sign posted by the BLM threatening every rider that the dunes are on the verge of being closed if OHV make one wrong move
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Asshole Terrain Vehicles. ...at least that's what I call them. It's certainly huge around here, but I don't get the appeal. The only thing they do for me is disturb my peace and quiet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haters gonna hate.

Edit: also, 2 words.... Sand Sluts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Double this.

Their end game is to shut everything down, and so far it's working.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

But they also have loud obnoxious broads with tit tats

View Quote
Whoa

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Sand Lake 4th of July.  Never again.  I just sat on the edge of the dunes over looking the lake and watched the drunken carnage.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Double this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Double this.

In Utah, at least, a good-sized portion of the state actively works to create MORE atv areas, because it brings in money.  The Paiute Trail is a good example, and a very fun ride.  It's quite enjoyable to carry your camp with you on the ATVs, and ride for a week straight.  Once a day or so, you go through a town, or take a side-trail to one, pick up more gas and water, and be on your way back up into the mountain ranges.  If you count all of the side-trailes in addition to the main loop, it's got almost 1,000 miles of trail.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I love my ATV.  If I had dunes like that close to home I'd buy a Raptor to go with my Grizzly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Haters gonna hate.

Edit: also, 2 words....Sand Sluts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haters gonna hate.

Edit: also, 2 words....Sand Sluts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top