Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I drove a loaded Jeep Cherokee Trail hawk the other day.  I still have an erection from the awesomeness.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I drove a loaded Jeep Cherokee Trail hawk the other day.  I still have an erection from the awesomeness.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wranglers are great I drove one for 13 years I highly recommend one as a second vehicle,
buy the Mustang

http://www.madmanmovies.com/pics/party_girls_get_stuck_mudwrestling_007.jpg

You use this to dis the Mustang?  If the car is so good it attracted those two girls, and they are even willing to push it out of the mud  after we were done with a roadside trist, then that is the car if would buy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You use this to dis the Mustang?  If the car is so good it attracted those two girls, and they are even willing to push it out of the mud  after we were done with a roadside trist, then that is the car if would buy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wranglers are great I drove one for 13 years I highly recommend one as a second vehicle,
buy the Mustang

http://www.madmanmovies.com/pics/party_girls_get_stuck_mudwrestling_007.jpg

If you are going to pick a ford over a wrangler, at least get the right one.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Having owned both, a 700rwhp Cobra and a Jeep, both are fun in their own way. If I had to choose one it would be a Jeep, which is the only one I now have.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wrangler!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am seriously considering buying either a new 2014 Jeep Wrangler or Ford Mustang. They are both iconic American vehicles and I can think of many good reasons to buy either one. I am looking for hive input here, maybe raising issues or benefits I have not thought of previously. Price is not a concern, the versions of each I am looking at are roughly the same price (Mustang V6 Premium or Wrangler basic model with removable hardtop). So what does the hive think?  I realize they are two different animals entirely, which is kind of my point in asking, make your case for either one.They are both equally practical in my opinion, just designed for different types of driving. I will give any feedback consideration (serious type of course, given this is GD).

Edit to add: Thanks for all the responses, especially the thoughtful posts. It looks like the thread is running about 2/3's in favor of a Jeep Wrangler. I am now leaning towards the Jeep based on some of the comments. As one guy posted, you cannot really use the Mustang to it's full advantage as far as speed/handling. Whereas the Jeep can do the daily driver thing just as well, plus go off-road.

I find it interesting that a 305hp V-6 is now regarded as a girls car. Hell, my 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS 327 V-8 that I had in high school was only rated at about 275hp.
View Quote

Lmfao V6 mustang
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Neither

Rubicon fighting PRO-4X FTW

Mine

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Mustangs go fast, jeeps go anywhere.  Buy used FTW!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mustangs go fast, jeeps go anywhere.  Buy used FTW!
View Quote

I tried buying a used Jeep, and for what they wanted for a nice one wasn't much less than a new one, so I went new.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
My vote, having owned fast cars and Jeeps is...

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Shelby gt500 or gtfo.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I know you're leaning toward the Wrangler but Im gonna throw in my .02

I have a 2001 Corvette, supercharged.. 530rwhp. Its a blast to drive, but since we have bought a Wrangler 4dr , new back in 2012. The Vette barely gets used.  Biggest factor is room of course. Family of 3 don't fit in a Corvette very well.

And even though it has power, you can't beat driving a Jeep with no roof and doors. It never gets old.

You'll love the Jeep, and just stay 2012 and newer, for the increased HP from the 3.6

Ole Yellow

BIG REX

In Yellowstone and Grand Tetons last year ...drove it from STL to there and back... no issues at all..... Just pure AWESOMENESS

Weather warmer and getting ready for it

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top