Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Threads like this make me appreciate the fact that I haven't had a prescription drug in over seventy-two years.z
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Throw out ambien.  Are you crazy?  I can't sleep without it.  Have done some weird stuff though.

1) Emailed work rambilng
2) Emailed Kroger to complain about their brand chex mix.
3) ramble through house doing random stuff
4) Gathered firewood while camping.  In the dark. Nude.

Still love me my ambien though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Uhh yeah you're not supposed to take ambien if you have reactions like a lot of people talk about. Luckily I just go to sleep.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Uhh yeah you're not supposed to take ambien if you have reactions like a lot of people talk about. Luckily I just go to sleep.

View Quote

That's what you think

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]

hope it works out without it. You may have a hard withdrawal.

some people really suffer, it acts on the same receptors as benzos.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep your hands of my ambien. That stuff is my path to a good nights sleep. People have ambien problems if they don't take it and lay right down and go to sleep. It screws you're memory only, it doesn't 'make' you do weird stuff
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
hope it works out without it. You may have a hard withdrawal.

some people really suffer, it acts on the same receptors as benzos.

View Quote

Thats for sure.  I stopped taking xanax couple nights ago and its 3:30am and I am wide awake and feel like shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm, let's see.

• Dad drove and showed up at my house in his underwear in the middle of the night.

• I sketched a damn good comic quality Superman. It is still hanging on the fridge by magnets

• I mixed and drank and entire bottle of shoyu and peanut oil

• Disassembled and cleaned my AR15. My wife hid the ammo after I told her I needed to zero the scope

• Had crazy incoherent conversations with my wife and rearranged/organized the contents of our pantry.

• My alarm clock came alive, grew fangs that were dripping in blood and tried to attack me.

I dumped the entire bottle and have stayed away since. Most of these episodes had some alcohol involved except my dads incident.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Been on it for over 2 years and never had a problem, weird episode or anything, just get a decent rest from using it.

A non-event in my case.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:57:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I work 3rd shift. I have trouble sleeping sometimes due to daytime noises. I been takeing it for 10 years now. Not everyday. Just when I need it. I can go a month or two without useing it. Then take it everyday for two weeks. The great thing about   takeing it  is I dream about my father every now and then when I take it. He died 15 years ago. I welcome them dreams. WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:06:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:13:38 AM EDT
[#12]
man.   The worst thing I ever did on Ambien was call Red Eye Radio.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#13]
We have a friend who takes it. Apparently he has awesome sex with his wife and doesn't remember.

I've tried taking melatonin, some of the most fucked up dreams, but never about a walrus and I never went anywhere naked.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was prescribed it.  I took it once.  Had such a bad experience that I threw the rest away and never took another one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:25:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Haven't logged in for quite some time -  but flush that shit...

ETA - girlfriend at the time said I was flopping around on the floor proclaiming to be a trout. I remember nothing, cut it off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:40:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I switched to melatonin. Much better
View Quote

Melatonin shrinks your testicles. try benadryl instead.

OP, i've heard alot of messed up ambien stories, but yours really scares me...
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Haven't logged in for quite some time -  but flush that shit...

ETA - girlfriend at the time said I was flopping around on the floor proclaiming to be a trout. I remember nothing, cut it off.
View Quote

Rainbow or brook?

Good meal, recliner, old movie, g'night.

Wife woke me up last night about the time Moses was parting the Red Sea and made me go to bed. She couldn't hear the Egyptians yelling over my snoring.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:03:40 AM EDT
[#18]
But imagine the jobs that will be lost if you don't support "Big Pharma?"
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
10 years ago... had a friend's wife arrested for DUI at 3AM on the NY state thruway driving 30mph.

The first thing she remembers is glass breaking and a cop reaching through the shattered window to turn the car off.

She drove over 50 miles in her sleeping underwear and has zero recollection of it.

No illegal drugs/alcohol  or prior's.

Had been taking Ambien for about a week... She never took another one.
View Quote

did she get a ticket?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#20]
One of the biggest, yet least-talked-about reasons for insomnia is exposure to light prior to bedtime.

When we watch a bright TV, look at a computer monitor or even spend time in a well-lit room, our bodies stop producing melatonin - a natural hormone essential to quality sleep.

Try dimming the lights way down and/or turning down the brightness of your TV/computer for a few hours before trying to sleep.

It MAY well have an impact - it has for us. And besides, a lack of melatonin has been shown to significantly increase breast cancer risk in women, too. What else it may do . . . who knows?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I switched to melatonin. Much better
View Quote

I took that a couple of times. Every time I had big disaster nightmares, which I've never had before or since. I took one of the script sleeping meds one time and had a long conversation with my dead aunt (per my hubby, then bf). I had no memory of it. I didn't take it again.

Now, if I have trouble sleeping, I just take an Advil PM. They seem to work just fine with no weirdness.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Xanax helps me sleep just fine, with no weird shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The last time the gf took it she kept going on about the coyote dog driving the 18 wheeler trying to run her down, and asking who taught the coyote dog to drive a truck. She also thought our dog was the coyote dog that was after her. It was hilarious!
View Quote

Hilarious until she beats the dog to death. THAT is the truly scary thing about ambien.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Ambien is the debil.
Lorazepam  FTMFW!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

did she get a ticket?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10 years ago... had a friend's wife arrested for DUI at 3AM on the NY state thruway driving 30mph.

The first thing she remembers is glass breaking and a cop reaching through the shattered window to turn the car off.

She drove over 50 miles in her sleeping underwear and has zero recollection of it.

No illegal drugs/alcohol  or prior's.

Had been taking Ambien for about a week... She never took another one.

did she get a ticket?

Some 4 or 5 cruisers had surrounded her car after she 'refused' to stop.

Arrested, license suspended, the whole 9 yards. Took her many years to straighten it out and thousands of dollars. She also sued the makers of Ambien but that never went anywhere and just cost her $$$...

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Scary shit.

Try substituting for alcohol
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#28]
How have we gotten to the point that we need to medicated to sleep. This society is crumbling.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Long story short, been taking Ambien / Zolpiedem for a couple months now. Mrs. Scarshooter, said I had a weird conversation last night with her about 1:00 a.m. regarding a conversation I was having with a demon. She asked what he looked like and I said that he was big, had black scales, red glowing eyes, and sharp bloody teeth. I told her that he makes me do dangerous things. Scary part is I have NO recollection of any conversation with her or the damn demon. I can tell I didn't get a restful nights sleep, but I can't remember anything l said.

My question is, anybody else do or say anything weird while under this prescription?

Thanks for the info share.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Watched my son-in-law...normally a sane individual... turn into a rambling idiot after taking this stuff and not going to bed immediately.  Our daughter says he would get up and cook food and eat it in the middle of the night with no recollection in the morning.   No more.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#31]
WTF s up with half of GD on crazy drugs?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

WTF s up with half of GD on crazy drugs?
View Quote

People take drugs because for the most part, they work.

Unfortunately for a certain percentage of the population -- which varies with the drug -- the side effects outweigh the desired ones.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#33]
This topic caught my eye when I was up with insomnia at 3:00 AM.

I've NEVER taken drugs to assist in sleeping and don't plan to.  I had four months of sleep therapy two years ago, and learned some valuable physical tactics and cognitive techniques to deal with it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

How have we gotten to the point that we need to medicated to sleep. This society is crumbling.
View Quote

24/7/365 cable/satellite programming

Redbull/Monster/hypercaffeinated drinks

Internet/Xbox/PS

Email/Text/Facebook/ARFCOM

Cellphone/smartphone/microwave brain-baths

HFCS/food-dyes/additives

Pick your poison.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#35]
my stock shares does not thank you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Been on it for over 2 years and never had a problem, weird episode or anything, just get a decent rest from using it.

A non-event in my case.

View Quote

This. Been taking it for a little over a year and not a damn interesting thing happen. Well, the wife did say she had a conversation with me once or twice while sleeping. I also use a c-pap breather at night to keep me from choking myself while snoring. I also used Chantix to quit smoking nearly 3 years ago. I think I had one weird dream, nothing like other people describe though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Keepin it real-

Drink beer
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#39]
LOL.   *digs through trash
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#40]
I think we have a bunch of nutjobs up in here and the drugs just bring it out.

Suphedrine can screw me up, bad.  I once awoke during a thunderstorm screaming about the aliens and ran to the window looking for them.  Apparently I also get frisky and won't take no for an answer.  At least I was married when that happens.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Keepin it real-

Drink beer
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#42]
I know a few (three actually) that have said they see demons/devils on ambien.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#43]
I took some in an experiment. Luckily, it just made me psychic. The guy next to me clawed his eyes out.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hmmm, sounds like you guys better stick with opium and weed before bed.
View Quote

SIR!  Marijuana cigarettes are ILLEGAL!

VERBOTEN!

I don't like how you are trying to push illegal drugs in this completely harmless thread involving totally legal, and thus harmless pharmaceutical script.  Keep your marijuana cigarettes and pot needles to yourself, you rascal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#45]
The purpose of sleep is to rebuild the body after exerting itself in the daytime.

Most people eat more calories than they burn, never push their muscles to the point lactic acid is created, and the only time their heart is pushed above idle is from mental stress or emotional anguish.

Insomnia sucks, but pills are a good solution to an acute condition.  Long term, you're better off hitting the gym, eating right, and listening to classical music before bedtime.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Why don't doctors just prescribe trazadone??? I've used it for years, no weird walrus incidents.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#47]
You would probably be better off taking a good snort of booze just before bed!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

You would probably be better off taking a good snort of booze just before bed!!!
View Quote

Booze actually keeps you from getting deep sleep.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#49]
I took it for a while and never had any of this shit happen. Only thing I ever did was have a weird dream and a conversation with my wife about playing volleyball with a wrench.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You're not supposed to drink when you take it for a reason.  The vast majority of the Ambien horror stories have this or taking way more than the recommended dose as a common element.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bil went totally belligerent mean and hateful to his then live in gf a couple years ago, woke up and had no recollection of what happened or the bottle of wine he drank. Woke up and texted her to see if she wanted to meet for lunch and she told him what happened and that he had to go. I've heard of people sleep walking and doing wired shit on that stuff, probably shouldn't have ever been approved for human consumption.
You're not supposed to drink when you take it for a reason.  The vast majority of the Ambien horror stories have this or taking way more than the recommended dose as a common element.

and not going to bed.

if you take one go lie down because you wont feel sleepy when it kicks in you will just get fucked up.

i got a few from my brothers wife and they are 100% kick ass if i need to change shifts or what not pop one in and 8 hours later i wake up ready to go.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top