Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 6:46:31 PM EDT
I don't know if it's all original members, but they're touring with "The Band, and The Doobbie Brothers". I'm thinking blow a few bucks and get some good seats. I go
to a concert every five years or so, and I really like Boston. Has anyone seen them on this tour?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sadly, Brad Delp committed suicide and he was the vocals on many of their hits.  My memory could be a little fuzzy as I did not look it up before posting so if i fucked it up just jump in.

ETA, as remembered,

Bradley Edward Delp (June 12, 1951 – March 9, 2007) was an American musician, best known as the lead vocalist of the rock bands Boston and RTZ.

Delp committed suicide on March 9, 2007, at age 55. He was found dead in his home on Academy Avenue in Atkinson, New Hampshire, from the smoke of two charcoal grills he lit inside his sealed master bathroom.

I remember when they first came on the scene, they had a very unique sound.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, we are going to see Chicago and REO Speedwagon in Aug.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I go just to watch Scholz.  He was a master at the recording process and knows guitar tone perhaps like no other.  That degree from MIT probably helps.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Boston was my absolute favorite group, bar none.  Even when Brad Delp and Tom Scholz were the last two original members, they still sounded like Boston.

When Brad passed, Boston died at the same time for me.   The guitar riffs can be mimicked, but not Brad's golden voice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boston was my absolute favorite group, bar none.  Even when Brad Delp and Tom Scholz were the last two original members, they still sounded like Boston.

When Brad passed, Boston died at the same time for me.   The guitar riffs can be mimicked, but not Brad's golden voice.
View Quote

Hmm, didn't know any of this. Was just picturing myself in the first ten rows listening to "Don't Look Back".
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know if it's all original members, but they're touring with "The Band, and The Doobbie Brothers". I'm thinking blow a few bucks and get some good seats. I go
to a concert every five years or so, and I really like Boston. Has anyone seen them on this tour?
View Quote

Lucky mofo!

The Band AND The Doobie Bros?!????????

Holy fuck, that tour is fuckin legit.  You best go.

eta:  When they come to KC in August, they're touring with Kansas......not as cool as Doobie Bros and The Band but decent.  I actually will probably go...can get tix as cheap as $25 in open air theater.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hmm, didn't know any of this. Was just picturing myself in the first ten rows listening to "Don't Look Back".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am guessing it will still be a good show. I caught CCR Revisited with two of the four originals and it was WAY better then I expected.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Not exactly alot of vintage concert footage for these guys, and this seems like a fan recording, but it's not bad.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]
They're coming through town with Night Ranger. I'll see if I can get the evening free.

Journey and Loverboy were a lot of fun to watch together, and Journey showed that it is possible to replace a frontman. Neil Schon is on my short lost of favorite guitar players.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top