Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2014 5:45:20 PM EDT
And nothing happened.

My inspection was out and he wrote me a ticket, he was even sympathetic about it and told me who to call to get it thrown out.

Then advised me to tie in my gas cans before a city cop saw it and pitched a fit.

Just a village cop doing his job, no one bladed and we even talked about the high mileage on my truck.

Not many boring stories about nice cops just doing their jobs, seemed like I should put one on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
ignore that can citizen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you created joinder. Close call.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Were u SAFE?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
He just wanted to stop you to slap a tracker on your car so they know where to find your dog.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Was he actually wearing Jack Boots?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Were u SAFE?
View Quote

He didn't ask.

No clue if pistol permit info comes up on his screen or not when they run the license though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like he wanted sex.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

My inspection was out and he wrote me a ticket, he was even sympathetic about it and told me who to call to get it thrown out.

Then advised me to tie in my gas cans before a city cop saw it and pitched a fit.

Just a village cop doing his job, no one bladed and we even talked about the high mileage on my truck.

Not many boring stories about nice cops just doing their jobs, seemed like I should put one on.
View Quote

Last time I got pulled over I got a ticket for not wearing my hearing aids. Cop wouldn't listen...judge threw it out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]
What fucking bullshit! You should call his supervisor! I hope you own the city when this is all over!!!

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Tie in your gas cans?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Did he press his hand on the back of your truck when approaching?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Your inspection?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

View Quote

why write the ticket then?

him: hey I'm a nice dude, here is a ticket but you can call slim at the courthouse and he will toss it out.  Now can I fuck your sister?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tie in your gas cans?
View Quote

Beats me, probably something stupid.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

him: hey I'm a nice dude, here is a ticket but you can call slim at the courthouse and he will toss it out.  Now can I fuck your sister?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

It was two years out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Make sure you tie your gas cans to the DRIVERS side or you'll get tackled when you attempt to retrieve them from the bed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It was two years out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

It was two years out.

I was going to write a sympathy post but, yeah...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And nothing happened.

A ticket a day keeps the Sergeant away.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

Why write the ticket then?

Winna, winna, chicken dinna.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Tie down your cans citizen!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Your inspection?
View Quote

This. What is this "inspection" you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like a good guy
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#23]
There have always been good LEO's out there. It's the other 99% that give them a bad name.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It was two years out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

It was two years out.

2 years over? I got pulled over by a NYS Trooper and I was expired by like 8 months. He said he could have wrote me by indicating how long I was overdue and they could fine me for every month. He was cool and did not do that so I only got it for being expired as if 1 month.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It was two years out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

It was two years out.

Damn.  Longest Ive made it with an expired inspection was 1 year before finally getting busted.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your inspection?

Money making scheme for the state.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

Yep
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Well you live in NY and he sounds like he really was just doing his job. But IMO NY is just you sitting in a pot of warming water.  I don't think I'm required to get my vehicle inspected before licensing (as long as the title is clear) in a free state. That isn't to say that they not could pull me over if it looked dangerous and I'd be ok with that.  But what, did he run your plates for no reason...maybe just because he was bored?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#29]
BRILLIANT!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#30]
DP.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well you live in NY and he sounds like he really was just doing his job. But IMO NY is just you sitting in a pot of warming water.  I don't think I'm required to get my vehicle inspected before licensing (as long as the title is clear) in a free state. That isn't to say that they not could pull me over if it looked dangerous and I'd be ok with that.  But what, did he run your plates for no reason...maybe just because he was bored?

View Quote

Inspection stickers are color coded and easily visible from a distance outside the vehicle.  I got pulled by a cop going the opposite direction at night time because he saw that the color of my sticker was wrong.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did he press his hand on the back of your truck when approaching?
View Quote

The marking of the rear is important. While the vehicle's rear can be washed off, the rear of the driver leaves a more permanent mark.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn.  Longest Ive made it with an expired inspection was 1 year before finally getting busted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

It was two years out.

After the one year mark I think part of my brain just wanted to see how long I could go.

No big deal, I'll just get it done on Monday now, as much as I drive I can't believe it went that long, I haven't seen a blue one on the road in about 4 months now, so they must have all finally phased out.

I'm not really opposed to the safety inspection part of it, the emissions is stupid though. Luckily it's a diesel and exempt. I've had a gasser in the past and what a pain in the balls to keep that thing passing an emissions test yearly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:51:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I got pulled over for 70 in a 50 the other morning on my way to work, I got a verbal warning like I always do
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It was two years out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

It was two years out.

2 years out and you didn't get a ticket. Good thing it was a local cop. SP or Sheriff would have nailed you good
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

After the one year mark I think part of my brain just wanted to see how long I could go.

No big deal, I'll just get it done on Monday now, as much as I drive I can't believe it went that long, I haven't seen a blue one on the road in about 4 months now, so they must have all finally phased out.

I'm not really opposed to the safety inspection part of it, the emissions is stupid though. Luckily it's a diesel and exempt. I've had a gasser in the past and what a pain in the balls to keep that thing passing an emissions test yearly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

It was two years out.

I'm opposed to all of it.  I was ecstatic when I moved to SC and found out they have no inspection.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, the NYS inspection used to be a good thing.  It was an inexpensive way to get critical areas of you car inspected.  When I ran a gas station 40 years ago you could get your brakes, tires, steering linkage, wheel alignment and lights all checked for $7.00.  If you knew the condition of some of those cars coming at you at a closing rate of 100 mph you may think twice about driving.  Never did any fake repairs and always showed the customer what was wrong before any repairs were made.  Quite frankly I was so busy with repairs that I didn't have to make up any false ones.   On top of that, dealers could not sell cars that did not pass inspection and you could not get it licensed until it did pass if you purchased it in a private sale.  All in all it was a pretty good setup at the time.  

BUT... there were a lot of places that did scam customers and as a result the inspection process was gutted and while bad steering linkage no longer resulted in a failure having a parking light out did.

ETA, a few years ago I did get pulled over for having an out of date sticker.

Officer -- Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me -- No.  What up?

Officer -- Your inspection is out of date.

Me -- It's only May and the sticker says July.

Office -- That was July of last year.

Me -- Face palm.

Officer -- Just get it taken care or ASAP.  

I guess being a old fart pays off once in awhile.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Tie in your gas cans?
View Quote

What I was thinking.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:30:38 AM EDT
[#39]
So you were detained?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:35:02 AM EDT
[#40]
how many people have died/ been maimed  due to expired inspection stickers?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Wait a second.

You mean NY shooter actually lives in SC, but still claims NY!!????

Even though you claim to like it here, it looks like we might have to send a yankee back!!

What's up wit dat??
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wait a second.

Even though you claim to like it here, it looks like we might have to send a yankee back!!

What's up wit dat??
View Quote

I lived there for 2 years, and then came back to NY due to family stuff.

Trust me, I wish my location said SC.  I loved it down there!

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#43]
There are worst things in this world than wishing you were in SC.  Come back when you can.
BTW, once upon a long time ago, even SC had an annual inspection. It was found to be so poorly done and ineffective(basically a scam for the shops doing the inspections) that it was done away with.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait a second.

What's up wit dat??

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Not much happening in your little town is there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not much happening in your little town is there.
View Quote

My town doesn't even have cops.

I was working.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#46]
What is inspection?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And nothing happened.

Because if he's like any other cop--anywhere else in the world, they have to meet quotas.  If they don't meet quotas...they get negative evaluations.
Get enough of those---you don't get raises and it will eventually lead to disciplinary action.  Tickets are one of the things that they have to do during the course
of their shifts to prove that they actually did something...other than driving around and eating donuts.  Most of them aren't vested in the outcome of your case...
most just do it because it has to be done (and of course, you're in violation of law/statutes).  The fact that he told you how to get out of it, you should be happy
about that part and take his advice.  Sounds like he didn't want to see you get strung up over what he felt was a bullshit law/ordinance.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Because if he's like any other cop--anywhere else in the world, they have to meet quotas.  If they don't meet quotas...they get negative evaluations.
Get enough of those---you don't get raises
and it will eventually lead to disciplinary action.
View Quote

Everyone on the PD got a raise when we settled our contracts with the city, even the guys who wrote zero tickets and had bad evaluations.
We did have ticket quotas though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Why do cops touch the back of the car when they approach?  
To see if it is still running?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why do cops touch the back of the car when they approach?
View Quote

Check trunk lid and put prints on the car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top