User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We can drill a well in 5-20 days on average.  

Building pipelines takes the longest.   Shipping it by truck costs money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, could someone tell me why the hell gas has gone up over 40 cents a gallon in the last month.

And don't tell me it's cuz the summer blend changes the price.......................................................    

Gas hasn't gone up.  Dollar has gone down.

TC

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

numbers are funny.

If I produce 10 and import 9.5  I am producing more than I import.

But I still consume 18.5  and still need to import 50% of my needs.

So not really sure what the big deal is about that other that propaganda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The idea that we are replacing Saudi oil with shale oil is fantasy.

We still import 2/3 rds of the oil we consume.

US Producing More Oil Than It Imports November 2013

numbers are funny.

If I produce 10 and import 9.5  I am producing more than I import.

But I still consume 18.5  and still need to import 50% of my needs.

So not really sure what the big deal is about that other that propaganda.

We still need to look at the impact of that production on total cost in real dollars, and loss of comparative leverage of non-Western when they are one oil producer among many.

It's very possible in my mind that Putins decision to move into  Ukraine and the combat velocity of Syria are both based in part on the expiration date of the Russian and Saudi petroweapons.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
We have never been dependent on them for oil. We have had enough to supply our own country for a long time they just wont let us have it. They probably never will let us have it or if they do it will still be the same price.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In other news I am still paying 3.70 a gallon for diesel...
View Quote

Only because the .gov is fucking with fuel prices.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good. Fuck them. It's far better that we get oil from Canada where we both have DEEP shared interests and culturally identical. Not having to worry about Canada using oil money to promote extremism.
View Quote

No shit. Why don't we send our money to our beer drinking, hockey playing, caribou hunting friends to the north instead of those who would love to slit our throats.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

4.40 is the cheapest near me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, could someone tell me why the hell gas has gone up over 40 cents a gallon in the last month.
And don't tell me it's cuz the summer blend changes the price.......................................................    

Gas hasn't gone up.  Dollar has gone down.

TC

Doesn't anyone find this ironic.
Shouldn't the shipping trucks be owned by the manufacture?  
Thereby, fuel prices for those trucks should be substantially cheaper than what joe-blow pays.

Don't think about it like I have; it's like going to that place .............   (the one, "where is the end of the universe" ? )

All I know; I paid $1.67 pg the week before FBHO was elected.  It hasn't been below $3 since.

$240 to fill up my boat (and it's a little 20')......................  I'M SICK OF IT !! .............................    Juz Sayin

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Finally, America is no longer beholden to the Arabs for energy.  This is the perfect time to sell as much as we can to the Europeans (y'know, instead of actually dealing with the Ukraine thing) so, in ten years, we can go back to kissing Saudi ass.
View Quote

The Arabs and OPEC kept the prices down to the point where it wasn't economically feasible to explore for oil domestically. Our domestic drilling infrastructure pretty much ceased to exist. Drilling rigs were sold off overseas or just sat in the drilling company yards and rusted away.

It has taken until just the past few years to rebuild our infrastructure. The recovery of oil & natural gas from shale and other 'tight' strata allowed us to regain a toehold in the world petroleum market.

Now that we can recover and produce the 'tight' hydrocarbons...we have begun development of geologic structures which we have known are there...but were not feasible to produce without fracking technologies. There are fields now being developed which have reserves that equal or exceed the Saudis. The Cline Shale alone - in the Permian Basin of west Texas is expected to have reserves exceeding Saudi Arabia.

If you had researched where the money was coming from for all the anti-fracking horseshit over the past ten + years...it would lead you right to the Royal Bank of Saudi Arabia. Those guys aren't stupid. They know fracking will allow us energy independence via producing more hydrocarbons which are traded on the world market. Think 'market share'.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Getting all the drilling rights,they can. Africa. For sure
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't the Chinese buying up all the oil they can get their hands on? If anything the US should be nervous if the Saudis drop the dollar.

The Chinese are investing heavily in our domestic drilling plays. They have purchased billions of dollars worth of leases and production in several areas of the US. They already own a big portion of Eagle Ford production.

Chesapeake Energy has already partnered up with the Chinese who will be funding 75% of their development costs on their Eagle Ford units.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Chinese are investing heavily in our domestic drilling plays. They have purchased billions of dollars worth of leases and production in several areas of the US. They already own a big portion of Eagle Ford production.

Chesapeake Energy has already partnered up with the Chinese who will be funding 75% of their development costs on their Eagle Ford units.

http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201010CHK101110&mv=1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't the Chinese buying up all the oil they can get their hands on? If anything the US should be nervous if the Saudis drop the dollar.

http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201010CHK101110&mv=1

Fucking non CoC compliant bitches
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The OPEC agreement in the 1970s requires oil producing members (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc) to sell oil in US dollars only. Countries who refuse to sell oil in dollars only have been hit with sanctions and worse: hussein in 2000, gadaffi, iran
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
maybe good things will happen to the feds and the dollar as soon as Saudi start selling oil in BRICS currencies

I don't understand.

The OPEC agreement in the 1970s requires oil producing members (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc) to sell oil in US dollars only. Countries who refuse to sell oil in dollars only have been hit with sanctions and worse: hussein in 2000, gadaffi, iran

Good luck pulling that with Brazil, Russia, India, and China.

Ever wonder why they're talking about changing to accepting gold or other currencies for oil? Pull that one and you just slammed the United States as hard as if you set a nuke off in a metropolitan area, and you didn't even have to fire a shot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ever wonder why they're talking about changing to accepting gold or other currencies for oil? Pull that one and you just slammed the United States as hard as if you set a nuke off in a metropolitan area, and you didn't even have to fire a shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
maybe good things will happen to the feds and the dollar as soon as Saudi start selling oil in BRICS currencies

I don't understand.

Saudi Arabia can get by with no rights for gays or women, public beheadings, etc. But let venezula, iran, Saddam Hussein, Putin, or anyone threaten the dollar's status and they are a dictator who hates democracy, and there will be an endless propaganda campaign about their human rights abuses, justifications for sanctions and regime change

When the dollar loses its value due to international events it will be our federal governments own fault for their selfish and short sighted management. "Keep spending, let them print more dollars. As long as I look good to my donors and it will be the next person's problem"
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, well maybe now they can go back to slitting  each others throats like they were a hundred years ago.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#15]
When the dollar loses its value due to international events it will be our federal governments own fault for their selfish and short sighted management. "Keep spending, let them print more dollars. As long as I look good to my donors and it will be the next person's problem"
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]
So who needs some sand?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Just so know, when the Saudis stop taking our $$$, all those dollars will come home to roost like a flock of black swans.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oil, oil everywhere.  Yet I am paying $3.89 a gallon for gas.  Thank you Barack Fucking Hussein Obama for once again kicking the Keystone pipeline decision until after another election you mongrel.

Gas was $1.89 a gallon a week before that POS was elected.  I hope he gets aggressive cancer that eats his colon out.

In other news, the price of beef is skyrocketing as the BLM tries to put America's cattle ranchers out of business.
View Quote

So you hate the BLM for being land grabbers but support taking people's land to build a pipeline?

And what evidence do you have that would support your theory that the Keystone pipeline would have any impact on gas prices whatsoever?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For some reason, having a large Muslim country with a bad economy doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Biggest threat to US security over the last couple decades have been college educated unemployed young Muslim men who come from well off families with nothing to do.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So you hate the BLM for being land grabbers but support taking people's land to build a pipeline?

And what evidence do you have that would support your theory that the Keystone pipeline would have any impact on gas prices whatsoever?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oil, oil everywhere.  Yet I am paying $3.89 a gallon for gas.  Thank you Barack Fucking Hussein Obama for once again kicking the Keystone pipeline decision until after another election you mongrel.

Gas was $1.89 a gallon a week before that POS was elected.  I hope he gets aggressive cancer that eats his colon out.

In other news, the price of beef is skyrocketing as the BLM tries to put America's cattle ranchers out of business.

Yep. China just blew away American car sales last year. There is world wide competition for oil. Oil is now at about $104 a barrel. The one year forecast is $120.  What oil we get domestically that is at any surplus will be exported. The pipeline won't do shit to lower prices that any of us will notice. Between WORLD demand and the inflation of the dollar through QE, we are getting fucking taxed at a criminal rate
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Not many people know that there is no love between the Saudi princes and their mullahs. It almost had an Iran situation in the Carter years if I remember right. They could get "Arab Springed" if they are not careful. That really would upset the apple cart.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#22]

I work in energy Engineering.  Only the government can screw this up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#23]

You are paying so much for diesel because of the federal mandate for ULSD.  Refineries had to be reworked to take out the sulfur.  Then we found out that once you remove the sulfur,  it was hard on the engines,  so we went back and added lubricity agents and injection systems to put a additive back in the sulfur.  Clean air can be costly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:29:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
No shit. Why don't we send our money to our beer drinking, hockey playing, caribou hunting friends to the north instead of those who would love to slit our throats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good. Fuck them. It's far better that we get oil from Canada where we both have DEEP shared interests and culturally identical. Not having to worry about Canada using oil money to promote extremism.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:26:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The major thing we are dependent on others for is refining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When was the US ever dependent on Saudi oil?  We don't use high sulfur content crude oil.  Europe and Asia were dependent on Saudi oil.  We secured their interest for them.

The major thing we are dependent on others for is refining.

Finally, two intelligent posts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:33:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that the oil companies know we are willing to pay $3+ prices, we will never see anything lower.

Everyone complains, but no one drives less.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#28]
It's time for a reset boys!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:27:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some reason, having a large Muslim country with a bad economy doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Biggest threat to US security over the last couple decades have been college educated unemployed young Muslim men who come from well off families with nothing to do.

FIFY

They aren't really "well educated" in the western sense.   They all have degrees in theology or stuff like that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:43:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I am at 4.29.....Crimea River
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They aren't really "well educated" in the western sense.   They all have degrees in theology or stuff like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

That's just an unwarranted attack on the value of cultural identity studies in our righteous PC world. Look to the future.

You deserve shunment.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They really screwed up when they threatened Putin with terrorist blackmail of the Olympics if he did not go along with the Syrian "Arab Spring".   They are going to fool around and get Mecca and Medina blown up.  Then, there will be absolutely no reason for their existence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Three new developments: America is no longer dependent on Saudi oil (courtesy, the shale oil and gas revolution). Saudi Arabia is desperately searching for allies. There is a serious split in the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)."
The International News

They really screwed up when they threatened Putin with terrorist blackmail of the Olympics if he did not go along with the Syrian "Arab Spring".   They are going to fool around and get Mecca and Medina blown up.  Then, there will be absolutely no reason for their existence.

And what do you think will happen then?  They will just go away?

If somebody blew up your entire family, would you just stop being a thorn in their side?  Chances are you, too, may have "no reason for existence" and devote your life to killing every person related to that event that you could.  I suspect the Muslims would go full terrorist if something similar were to happen to them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If somebody blew up your entire family, would you just stop being a thorn in their side?  Chances are you, too, may have "no reason for existence" and devote your life to killing every person related to that event that you could.  I suspect the Muslims would go full terrorist if something similar were to happen to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Three new developments: America is no longer dependent on Saudi oil (courtesy, the shale oil and gas revolution). Saudi Arabia is desperately searching for allies. There is a serious split in the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)."
The International News

Well with that reasoning, I anxiously await the full on Christian anti-jihad against the jihadis in Syria. It will be biblically epic in proportion.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well with that reasoning, I anxiously await the full on Christian anti-jihad against the jihadis in Syria. It will be biblically epic in proportion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The International News

Christians teach forgiveness, Muslims don't.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The International News

Yeah, that turning the other cheek kinda had its faults. Adapting back to the old bible version by Charles Martel kinda turned things around as far as I can tell. There's ideals and then there's realities.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep. China just blew away American car sales last year. There is world wide competition for oil. Oil is now at about $104 a barrel. The one year forecast is $120.  What oil we get domestically that is at any surplus will be exported. The pipeline won't do shit to lower prices that any of us will notice. Between WORLD demand and the inflation of the dollar through QE, we are getting fucking taxed at a criminal rate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, we are desperately trying to get U.S. Natural Gas into position as a World Priced Export Commodity so our domestic nat gas price can double or triple.  That will be wonderful, don't you think?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Finally, America is no longer beholden to the Arabs for energy.  This is the perfect time to sell as much as we can to the Europeans (y'know, instead of actually dealing with the Ukraine thing) so, in ten years, we can go back to kissing Saudi ass.
View Quote
Issue with Europe and Ukraine is mostly natural gas.  Right now the natural gas market in the US is so saturated that oil producers are considering pumping it back into the ground in the Eagleford Shale.

The gas the wells are producing is wet gas - full of condensates.  As pressure in the field goes down, the condensates are starting to become liquid and impeding the flow of oil.  The are testing a process of drying the produced gas, and then pumping the dry gas back into the field to maintain field pressure. (Of course they will be selling the condensates).  They are also testing doing the same with liquid co2 to maintain field pressure as a for of secondary oil extraction - but I think dry natural gas is more cost effective.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Boo Fucking Hoo. Let them eat sand and Camel excrement.
View Quote

FPNI

/Thread
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Arabs and OPEC kept the prices down to the point where it wasn't economically feasible to explore for oil domestically. Our domestic drilling infrastructure pretty much ceased to exist. Drilling rigs were sold off overseas or just sat in the drilling company yards and rusted away.

It has taken until just the past few years to rebuild our infrastructure. The recovery of oil & natural gas from shale and other 'tight' strata allowed us to regain a toehold in the world petroleum market.

Now that we can recover and produce the 'tight' hydrocarbons...we have begun development of geologic structures which we have known are there...but were not feasible to produce without fracking technologies. There are fields now being developed which have reserves that equal or exceed the Saudis. The Cline Shale alone - in the Permian Basin of west Texas is expected to have reserves exceeding Saudi Arabia.

If you had researched where the money was coming from for all the anti-fracking horseshit over the past ten + years...it would lead you right to the Royal Bank of Saudi Arabia. Those guys aren't stupid. They know fracking will allow us energy independence via producing more hydrocarbons which are traded on the world market. Think 'market share'.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

all that is true, and some estimates puts our shale oil reserves at 600 trillion barrels.

The problem is that it is still 10 times more exoensive to produce the shale oil that it is to pump it from the shallow wells of Saudi.

Now ad d to that the difficulty in producing daily volumes needed by fracking. It takes much more that just sinking more shallow wells to increase daily volume.

The people that compare our reserves to Saudi reserves are comparing apples to oranges.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do NOT produce a surplus of oil.

I posted the souces above.

We produce 9.8 million barrels per day.
We consume 18.5 million barrels per day.

The rest is a net import.

There is no surplus oil production in the US.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top