Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 6:09:14 AM EDT
I came across the most heart breaking scene I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing yesterday. I was almost home on my drive in from work, and an ambulance passed me in the neighborhood. It turned down my street along the lake, and my first thought was, "God, I hope nobody went down in the lake". I continued down the street and stopped where the ambulance had the road blocked. One of the neighbors had just handed off the three year old boy to the paramedic, and they immediately started chest compressions on him. My heart sank and my guts were immediately tied up in knots when I recognized the victim as a child. I've seen enough people severely injured, and even killed, but when it's a kid, it just hits a different spot. They flew him out, but he didn't make it. He went down in the water, and none of the people there missed him soon enough. I know we all try to watch our kids like a hawk, but nobody is capable of keeping them in sight for every second, and a second is all it takes. These folks are not unattentive or carelss parents.

My heart goes out to this family. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling right now. I try to put myself in their place with my boys, and I can't even get through with the thought. Just thinking about it tears me up.

Hug your kids and keep them close. It only takes a second for them to be gone forever. Especially around water.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Had a similar thing happen a couple of days ago.

A classmate of my 10 year old daughter got caught under a pipe in a ditch and drowned.
They decided yesterday to remove life support as the damage was too great. She was underwater for approx 20 mins.

It wasn't fun having to explain to my daughter that her friend was gone.

To make it worse, the little girls mom was killed in a car accident less than a year ago.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Revrat your right. We all need to tell the ones we love that we love them. Everyday. Tomorrow is not promised. Prayers are sent for the family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top