Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2014 3:09:20 AM EDT
http://www.kalb.com/story/25228444/c...3#.U0iFKBXGkd0.
After this acquisition, Ft Polk will be the largest training facility in the world. They have ever only utilized 20 percent of the Peason ridge training area they own now when they did this in the 40' and 50's. After losing my Uncle Roger to Lou Gehrig's disease over a decade ago, my Aunt Jeanie has no intensions of selling the home they built together and the many memories the property holds. My uncle bought the land from my grandfather and the gov't is going to use imminent domain to take the land. I could almost understand if a true need was available like a Hwy or Progress was to be made but just to acquire more land so that it can sit unused for years is complete nonsense. If you think Cliven Bundy got a raw deal, this is happening in your back yard guys and these people have the deed to their land, not unpaid cattle rights. One a retired state trooper and his son a current trooper, the gentlemen in the video are my cousins, and both have built homes and lives on the property that is to be taken. You want injustice with a big ol' helping of beauracracy....... this is it! I support our troops and the military, and Ft Polk is great for Vernon Parishes economy, but this is wrong on so many levels.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:20:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you put the women and children up front. You know, for TV.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Clive bundy is screwing over the tax payers by taking government handouts, and not paying fees to use public lands that he has been using for 20 years.

Your situation is totally different, the government trying to take private land, that is what the armed militant wanabees should be protecting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure you put the women and children up front. You know, for TV.
View Quote

That sucks OP get all the major news companies involved
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Take the offer and move on or go broke fighting it. They do not give a shit about your memories. Nor does government respect the rights of its citizens.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:35:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Call Buck. If he leaves now he can be there in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:41:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:46:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The .gov is not going to be happy till the great unwashed are herded into urban "compounds".

Rural open space is for tortoises, play grounds for the wealthy libtard  elite (look at CO), and Chi-Com or other business interests.....And to make politicians/their families rich.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:49:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Clive bundy is screwing over the tax payers by taking government handouts, and not paying fees to use public lands that he has been using for 20 years.

Your situation is totally different, the government trying to take private land, that is what the armed militant wanabees should be protecting.
View Quote
I am so sick of people who say shit they no nothing about

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:49:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not so, Cliven Bundy has stated that he will pay the money for the land use to the state of Nevada and has tried to but the state would not take it. (And then pay it to the Feds).
It's all about federal control over state land and broken agreements by the BLM.

It seems to me that Mr. Bundy needs to produce a paper clearly stating the history of the land and the past agreements along with any and all laws that apply both pro and con and the reason for his stand so that all Americans can judge for themselves as the courts can no longer be trusted to do the right thing.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:51:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Bastards
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:53:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:01:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

How Does Harry Reid's sack taste?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:03:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Contact IJ, they want to help you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to hear OP.

Although not exactly the same, I went through eminent domain on one of my commercial properties.  I made out ok in the end, but it was a costly and stressful 10 year legal battle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear OP.

Although not exactly the same, I went through eminent domain on one of my commercial properties.  I made out ok in the end, but it was a costly and stressful 10 year legal battle.
View Quote

Mine took a year, was only at the city level.  Funded all of the opponents for the city council and mayors office and started a campaign with a lot of other business owners.  Basically entire city council and mayor got kicked out.  . Though the average person is pretty much fucked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#20]
So night time hunting trip?

Hey look, there's no woodpeckers on this land!

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

do some reading first before making stupid statements like this OP
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't they have to pay you for it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  They want a special price influenced by men with guns and "legal" backing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:02:02 AM EDT
[#24]
My area (Pinon Canyon) has been under threat for years by the Army (Southern Colorado).  The army wants it because it's close to a training range and can be used for drone practices (we've a valley that's great for flying them).  I don't mind if they flew one every now and then, but they should make announcements so we can go outside, sit on our lawn chairs and see them buzz by.

If the military is shrinking down to pre-WW II levels, why does it need more land?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Agenda 21.
It's not just the EPA anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:10:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
This.  They want a special price influenced by men with guns and "legal" backing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In my case the initial offer by the state was about 1/10 of what the property was worth based upon capitalization rate.

You begin the battle from their threshold.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My area (Pinon Canyon) has been under threat for years by the Army (Southern Colorado).  The army wants it because it's close to a training range and can be used for drone practices (we've a valley that's great for flying them).  I don't mind if they flew one every now and then, but they should make announcements so we can go outside, sit on our lawn chairs and see them buzz by.

If the military is shrinking down to pre-WW II levels, why does it need more land?
View Quote

No shit. Many of us are at a threat of being unable to re-enlist or possible benefit cuts yet the government want to buy more land, which makes no sense (god forbid I try to make sense of the Army/government) seeings how they are cutting down to pre WWII levels of troops.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:15:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Take the offer and move on or go broke fighting it. They do not give a shit about your memories. Nor does government respect the rights of its citizens.
View Quote

Unfortunately this
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I believe Bundy and his great Granddaddy been Ranching that land before the BLM ever existed.

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:17:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, you can always build a killdozer and make them earn their taking of your land.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats a good question.

The Woodpecker issue is a diversion.

Who stands to gain financially?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does Clive Bundy's sack taste?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Well, you can always build a killdozer and make them earn their taking of your land.
View Quote

i have a feeling you would be on the hook for the damages...   just a feeling though

fuck iminente domain
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Contact IJ, they want to help you.
View Quote

This +1. IJ is a libertarian law center that fights "da gubmint" on a few select issues. IIRC the submitted an amicus brief in Heller or MacDonald too. They are at the forefront of beating back the eminent domain crap.

Give'em a call.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#35]
+1 for a killdozer.

You need to go from this:

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i have a feeling you would be on the hook for the damages...   just a feeling though

fuck iminente domain
Google "killdozer colorado"

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoken like a man who knows nothing of what he speaks.  Educate yourself,  your ignorance is showing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#39]
To this:

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes
but theres nothing saying they cant charge you for it later!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I believe Bundy and his great Granddaddy been Ranching that land before the BLM ever existed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

and it was still not his land when they settled in the area...

hopefully the bundy ball lickers wont derail the thread too far
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#42]
+1 Killdozer

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Troll post....or....
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta go with this statement this fine morning.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#45]
The government stole my DAD's land under "eminent domain".  For no justifiable reason.  He offered to give them land adjacent to what they wanted for a highway.  Took his riverfront property.  He would have given them property a few feet away.
They wanted the "public to be able to see the river".  Only problem with that is that they still cant "see the river" from their highway.
Chickenschid bastards.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Just a minor point-- JRTC still won't be even close to be the "largest training facility."  NYC with a similar mission is much larger.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

that statement is just fuckin stupid
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The .gov is not going to be happy till the great unwashed are herded into urban "compounds".

Rural open space is for tortoises, play grounds for the wealthy libtard  elite (look at CO), and Chi-Com or other business interests.....And to make politicians/their families rich.

View Quote

They won't be happy with that, either. See: Kelo v. City of New London.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not so, Cliven Bundy has stated that he will pay the money for the land use to the state of Nevada and has tried to but the state would not take it. (And then pay it to the Feds).
It's all about federal control over state land and broken agreements by the BLM.

It seems to me that Mr. Bundy needs to produce a paper clearly stating the history of the land and the past agreements along with any and all laws that apply both pro and con and the reason for his stand so that all Americans can judge for themselves as the courts can no longer be trusted to do the right thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bundy doesn't own the land, and neither does the state of NV.  He doesn't get to determine who he pays for it if he wants to use it.  The whole thing is ridiculous, he's just playing games.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:49:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Find a eminent domain lawyer. Get them to appraise the land for you.
He who pays the appraiser usually gets the #'s they want.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top