Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 12:40:12 AM EDT
We always used to watch this when I was a kid every Easter, but I had to go to bed about halfway through so I'd lay in the doorway to try to watch it to the end.  

Edit:
Time correction.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I watch it every Easter, it's tradition.  I'm not even religious.  I just love the movie.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised the liberals still allow that on TV.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Watch it every year since I was a kid.

Thank you for the reminder, OP!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:57:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Um, always wondered what a movie about PASSOVER has to do with easter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Jesus and his disciples went into Jerusalem and went into the upper room to observe the Passover feast.  This is what many people refer to as 'The Last Supper".  In the Old Testament, the blood of a lamb painted into the doorpost and lintel of the house was a sign to the Destroyer to 'pass over' those within that house.  Jesus' blood saves Christians today.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]
So let it be written, so let it be done. I'll be watching thanks OP.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm surprised the liberals still allow that on TV.
View Quote

They just haven't had the time yet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:54:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if they will play the introduction that was given by the director.  If you have never seen it, rent or buy the movie. The intro is a fantastic commentary on whether man should be ruled by another man and be subjects of the state
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw it when it came out.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#10]
We would watch it also. We now have the DVD, Will watch Ben-Hur today to tomorrow sometime. Another good movie with Heston.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:35:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Bought a dvd copy at Walmart this past week for $5. Hoping to watch it this wknd.

BK
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:42:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We always used to watch this when I was a kid every Easter, but I had to go to bed about halfway through so I'd lay in the doorway to try to watch it to the end.  

http://classicmoviestills.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Charlton-Heston-as-Moses-The-Ten-Commandments-1956-Paramount.jpg

Edit:
Time correction.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

My favorite line from the movie, great way to answer commands from a wife, boss, cop, ect.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump for day crew.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Great movie, I watched it with my Daughter when she was about 7 years old and she loved it too.

Some great actors were in that flick!

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Watch it every year. It's a tradition with us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder if they will play the introduction that was given by the director.  If you have never seen it, rent or buy the movie. The intro is a fantastic commentary on whether man should be ruled by another man and be subjects of the state
View Quote

Found it on youtube. Incredible even if subtle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iNvzzak5U
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://classicmoviestills.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Charlton-Heston-as-Moses-The-Ten-Commandments-1956-Paramount.jpg

Edit:
Time correction.
View Quote

How ironic considering honoring your Mother & Father...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Passover is a 'typical' Messianic prophecy for Christ and his deliverance of us from sin.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#21]
When I was little, Yul Brynner as Pharoah scared the crap out of me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#22]

In mock arguments with the wife, I sometimes end debate with elbows akimbo, fists on hips, and then extending my arm and smartly rotating my wrist while pointing to the floor reciting the "So Let It Be DONE!" declaration in Yul Brynner's Slavic baritone voice.

I got slapped last time I did it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:
Time correction.

Heh, yeah, well we were kids being kids.  I used to lay at the foot of my bed and look at the reflection of the tv in the glass door through the scope I had taken off the single shot .22 H&R my grandpa had given me.  I could hear the tv and could see it through the scope so I was GTG!  LOL
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I like it when Moses comes down from the mountain.

"Our headaches are over! Here comes Moses with the tablets!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yul Brynner is a dead ringer for my dad.  My friends were scared shitless of him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Epic flick.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yul Brynner is a dead ringer for my dad.  My friends were scared shitless of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

On one of our old VHS tapes around here some where we have a recording of Billy Crystal doing an impression of Yul Brynner from The Ten Commandments.  I practically fell out of my chair the first time I saw it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

On one of our old VHS tapes around here some where we have a recording of Billy Crystal doing an impression of Yul Brynner from The Ten Commandments.  I practically fell out of my chair the first time I saw it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have fun storming the castle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#30]
May watch it if it's on later MDT.

Passions of the Christ was last night and that has become an Easter tradition since it was released.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
May watch it if it's on later MDT.

Passions of the Christ was last night and that has become an Easter tradition since it was released.
View Quote

That movie is amazing!  I confess I find it hard to watch.  As many on here say, it makes the room 'dusty'.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember watching as a kid every year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top