Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2014 10:39:22 PM EDT
Three Roseville residents and were taken to the hospital Tuesday night after they were attacked by a pet cat.

The three were treated for superficial wounds. The year-and-a-half-old cat - named Khat - clawed the face of its owner's sister, as well as the arms and legs of its owner's mother. It caused deep gashes on the legs of its owner's 10-year-old brother. Khat was taken to the SPCA.

"The cat ran and jumped on his leg and was like, attached to him," the owner said. She and her family asked not to be identified.

"He's never been an aggressive cat, he's never been mean, he just flipped," she said.

The family called Roseville police, which typically directs calls about animals to the city's animal control department. Animal control was closed, however, so the call was directed to the Roseville Fire Department.

It was "absolutely a first for us," Fire Captain Derek Carey said. "We tried to push it into a cage, and it grabbed on to my engineer's boot and turnout bottom and was hissing and going off."

Firefighters threw a fire blanket on the feline and used a metal pole to lure him into a cage, finally trapping the temperamental tomcat.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/roseville/2014/04/16/pet-cat-attacks-roseville-family-three-taken-to-hospital/7794045/

Bad pussy
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That cat went Order 66.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Most people give little thought to how much hurt a domesticated house cat can lay on you. But when they spaz out, those little MF'ers can really do some damage for their size, especially if they get the chance to dig those back claws into your flesh.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Ticking time bomb...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
species of peace
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most people give little thought to how much hurt a domesticated house cat can lay on you. But when they spaz out, those little MF'ers can really do some damage for their size, especially if they get the chance to dig those back claws into your flesh.
View Quote

Yep, they're still aggressive predators.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#6]
rabbies
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#7]
least the cat didn't kill someone like pit bulls do
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
rabbies
View Quote

What is rabbies?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Ban cats.

Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What is rabbies?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
rabbies

What is rabbies?

how is rabby formed?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Behavioral changes can be an indicator something is wrong with them.  They can't exactly communicate it verbally.  If you're not paying attention normal actions could set them off.

Maybe it ate something bad, hard to say.  The fact they named the cat after a drug might be a clue though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Stomp it. If its on your leg put it through the drywall. kittehs are easily breakable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#13]
" />
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Stomp it. If its on your leg put it through the drywall. kittehs are easily breakable.
View Quote

Fucking this I don't condone animal abuse but if it freaks out and starts fucking people up I'm pretty sure a swift kick or slap to the dome will make the cat retreat or think about it for a minuete.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess if I was unable to fend off an attacking cat I wouldnt want to be identified either. Seriously, no one had shoes on? A swift kick should straighten kitteh out real fast.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#16]

I am become death, destroyer of worlds - Kitteh

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#17]
In before pit bulls are to blame somehow
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#18]
A grown human can kill a cat with one hand. Get a gun, sword or stick involved and it's easy.

Bunch of limp wristed girls, having to get the fire department to deal with a cat. Better be a freaking Maine Coon.

Any chance the cat had the Rage Virus?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if the reporter went home and killed themselves after being assigned that non-story. Must make you feel important
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What is rabbies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
rabbies

What is rabbies?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:39:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:44:50 AM EDT
[#22]
one hot pussy
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#23]
RAWRRR, motherfucker.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#24]
If you were a cat named Khat, you'd throw a shit fit too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:59:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Never mind
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:03:24 AM EDT
[#26]
" />
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you were a cat named Khat, you'd throw a shit fit too.
View Quote

So if a cat named Khat ate some khat from a catalog...

It's like Dr. Seuss from hell.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fucking this I don't condone animal abuse but if it freaks out and starts fucking people up I'm pretty sure a swift kick or slap to the dome will make the cat retreat or think about it for a minuete.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes, out of character violence is the result of a brain tumor.

And most cats prefer the tango to the minuet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I guess if I was unable to fend off an attacking cat I wouldnt want to be identified either. Seriously, no one had shoes on? A swift kick should straighten kitteh out real fast.
View Quote
lol...seriously lol'd.

B/c...it's fucking true. It's a damned cat. If it attacks you you can throw the damned thing across the room. I would never hurt an animal, but fuck if I wouldn't toss a cat if it started attacking me...throw it or kick across the room. I bet it adjusts its attitude really fucking fast.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Shit, I have two death machines right next to me.

I'm very sure I would remember it if they ever went pyscho.  Cats are sharp on five sides.  They're fucking ninjas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:05:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

T

"He's never been an aggressive cat, he's never been mean, he just flipped," she said.

it grabbed on to my engineer's boot and turnout bottom and was hissing and going off."

View Quote
Bath salts,  most likely

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#34]
The dehumanization of the planet has begun. The critters are rising in rebellion against centuries of human oppression.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#35]

This video is actually slightly horrifying

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Time to use the wipers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I had a friend/coworker back in college named Parker.

He had an attack-trained big-honking yellow tabby named "Getty" (Lee)

Parker had ATTACK TRAINED the cat by using the sleeve out of an insulated denim jacket. He had torn the sleeve out of the jacket and put it on his arm, then put a thick leather gardening glove on his hand at the end of the sleeve and then attached the glove to the sleeve with several wraps of duct tape.

Getty would see you put on the sleeve with the glove. He'd come stalking it! He knew that the game was on! He'd act like he was sneaking up on the glove/sleeve then he'd do the "butt-wiggle" digging his back claws into the carpet or couch for traction and then he'd pounce on the sleeve, wrap his front claws around it, bite the hell out of the glove and lock onto it while shredding the sleeve with his back claws. Finally, the whole sleeve had to be rewrapped in duct tape because Getty was shredding the stuffing out of the sleeve.

If you've ever been on the other end of a bite-sleeve with trained attack dog you know it's still a frightening situation. Try it with an attack cat!

Put away the sleeve and Getty would go docile again and let you pet him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#38]

There's a Cujo sequel?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:24:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Pitcat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#40]
I have experience in this area. If a cat attacks you, punch it in the face with a closed fist, just like you would fight a person. The cat will decide it needs to be somewhere else.

The injuries in these stories are due to people pussyfooting around with the cat. You have to treat it like the killing machine it is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:27:25 AM EDT
[#41]
a cat will certainly hurt you when it goes crazy but ill be damned if i don't kill that rat bastard if it turns on my wife and kid. Dad is a PUSSAY.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:30:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Nothing a good kitty-copter won't fix.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
a cat will certainly hurt you when it goes crazy but ill be damned if i don't kill that rat bastard if it turns on my wife and kid. Dad is a PUSSAY.
View Quote

Yeah you can say that again.

"Dad the cat scratched me!"
"Alright son, it's time to put this big, vicious animal down"

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
rabbies

What is rabbies?

Baby rabbits.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Baby rabbits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
rabbies

What is rabbies?

Baby rabbits.

The fun not-quite-so scary cousin of rabies?  /gaylisp Hay y'all I got the rabbies!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What is rabbies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
rabbies

What is rabbies?

What's a gaybee

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Creepy stalker cat is creepy

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

how is rabby formed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
rabbies

What is rabbies?

how is rabby formed?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#49]
When people come to my house, I tell them to worry less about the GSD and more about the Siamese.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

The worst animal bite I have ever received was from a half pound kitten.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top