Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2014 6:23:35 AM EDT
PSA has them for $279.99.  What sayeth the hive?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Dooooo eeeeeeeeeet!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Just buy the darn thing....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Are those SIG copies?  Every Zastava firearm I've had has been relatively high quality for the cost.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:26:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If I had the cash I would take that gamble looks like a sig 226 clone probably a decent pistol for that price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Darn it, I bought one else where for 319. Haven't shot it yet but it is a very nice piece with great reviews. Looking forward to shooting it soon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:41:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy it! Are extra mags available?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks pretty good.  I may have to get one to toss in the truck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#9]
SIG 228 CLONE

Just wanted to shout out that this is NOT a 75, nor is made in the Czech republic.

Its a Serbian (Yugoslavian) copy of our American military's side- arm, the M-11.   Some in the military are issued the M9 Beretta instead of the M11 BTW.

Probably not a bad dea from PSA: the Serbs generally make quality guns.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#10]
What are you waiting for? FO!

Anyone know what the triggers are like? Wish I had a spare $300 laying around. My AR ate it all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I fo'ed.  I ordered the compact.  It helps...or doesn't.... that I get $5 transfers.

$295 shipped +$5 transfer = Sig clone that has great reviews for $300
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I read, Beretta 92 mags can easily be converted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#14]

That is the compact which is what I ordered. The only thing I wish though is that it had a rail. But oh well. Can't beat the price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Ive got a EZ9 Compact and EZ40 and both have been great.  I think dealers are clearing out the 999 series for the EZ series... or not, Im not sure...

Good guns in my opinion either way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#16]
If it can be used to hurt people, the Serbs are good at making it.  Fo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#17]
FO'd.

Damn OP, I'm going to need your contact info so I can forward the ass chewing from the wife your way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS.   Just needs a small hole drilled in the front of the mag and a little file work to shape the hole like the original CZ-999 mag.   Owners report good results with this process.  These pistolas are SIG P-226 clones, for the most part.   Build quality is good.

I would also think you could replace the original CZ-999 mag springs with Wolff high-quality Beretta 92F magazine replacement springs, if you desire, when the originals eventually wear out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

THIS.   Just needs a small hole drilled in the front of the mag and a little file work to shape the hole like the original CZ-999 mag.   Owners report good results with this process.  These pistolas are SIG P-226 clones, for the most part.   Build quality is good.

I would also think you could replace the original CZ-999 mag springs with Wolff high-quality Beretta 92F magazine replacement springs, if you desire, when the originals eventually wear out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Sig mags will not work but Beretta mags will?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm assuming that it will fit in a 226 holster right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I've read that it is SIG mags that can be converted. Looked pretty easy to do and wouldn't keep the mag from still being used in a sig. Mecgar are good after market mags for the sig.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Ive got a serb ak clone and its alright I suppose so the pistol is fine I suppose. At least it looks fine from the images.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, sorta

It might work in a low holster (Serpa) but wont in most others

The problem being the ambi slide lock sticking out on the starboard side of the weapon

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've read that it is SIG mags that can be converted. Looked pretty easy to do and wouldn't keep the mag from still being used in a sig. Mecgar are good after market mags for the sig.
View Quote

It's odd they didn't make them completely compatible with Sig mags out of the box.  Otherwise I'd probably get one for that price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Why do i click on these threads...

GD must stand for God Damnit I just spend 300 more bucks
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ive got a EZ9 Compact and EZ40 and both have been great.  I think dealers are clearing out the 999 series for the EZ series... or not, Im not sure...

Good guns in my opinion either way.
View Quote

The EZ9's/40's has the accessory rails and were the ones that stopped being imported. The CZ999 was the "other" replacement till someone decides to pick the EZ9 for importation again.
Both EZ9's and CZ999 are Sig P226 Clones. Some of the features on the CZ999/EZ9 are better than the Sigs, example, the dual purpose decocker & slide release, versus sigs independent decocker and slide release.

And yes, I picked up the PSA deal. Got the compact model before the price hike. :D
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, sorta

The problem being the ambi slide lock sticking out on the starboard side of the weapon

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, sorta

Hmmm. So probably not an ALS which is what I want for it. Hmmmmm. Well maybe ill order an ALS anyway and try it. Gives me more excuse to buy that 227 I want. Which does fit 226 holsters.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:31:05 AM EDT
[#29]
We have gotten in three at the store.  All three have had to be sent back due to jacked up slide releases.  The slide releases are ambi and made in a way that was causing them to keep the slide locked back even if you depressed the lever.  I would have to stick a small screw driver between the slide and grip to manually release the slide.  Big pain in the ass.

EDIT... Granted ours were the full size CZ999, the compacts might be GTG.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:33:31 AM EDT
[#30]
They are an excellent SIG clone. Not a true clone, but very close. I recommend them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We have gotten in three at the store.  All three have had to be sent back due to jacked up slide releases.  The slide releases are ambi and made in a way that was causing them to keep the slide locked back even if you depressed the lever.  I would have to stick a small screw driver between the slide and grip to manually release the slide.  Big pain in the ass.

EDIT... Granted ours were the full size CZ999, the compacts might be GTG.
View Quote

Would the issue happen if you pull back and release the slide instead of using the slide stop incorrectly?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hmmm. So probably not an ALS which is what I want for it. Hmmmmm. Well maybe ill order an ALS anyway and try it. Gives me more excuse to buy that 227 I want. Which does fit 226 holsters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, sorta

I promise you the ALS will NOT work.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, sorta

I found a guy on eBay selling custom kydex holsters specifically for this gun. Well the full size but it won't matter.
Got a owb and iwb holster for $35 shipped for the both. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251507412469?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Couldn't you go about this this other way, and see if the sig non-ambi slide release will fit? (if it's a copy, maybe the internals are the same).
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Is this the gun you can change between DA and SA?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I fent on the 18th, anybody getting a shipping notification yet from palmetto. I didnt see anything on the website suggesting a shipping delay like they normally have. Im just being hopeful it will ship soon so I can pick up my gunbroker purchase and this at the same time from my ffl
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I fent on the 18th, anybody getting a shipping notification yet from palmetto. I didnt see anything on the website suggesting a shipping delay like they normally have. Im just being hopeful it will ship soon so I can pick up my gunbroker purchase and this at the same time from my ffl
View Quote

My order was the 17th and I am still "Processing".  Not worried about it. Some things they get out  the door in a hurry, some they don't. Firearms and uppers seem to take 5-10 days, and I know that when I order them.  I'll probably get a shipping notice today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is this the gun you can change between DA and SA?
View Quote

Not this model.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Can you purchase parts for these, like recoil springs?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can you purchase parts for these, like recoil springs?  
View Quote

I havent been able to find parts, but I bought two of the same pistol to handle any part issues that may come up...

I paid $250 each used.  I have an EZ9 Compact and an EZ40.  The frames are exactly the same, just the uppers are different.

ETA- They came with 5 mags each as well
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
SIG 228 CLONE

Just wanted to shout out that this is NOT a 75, nor is made in the Czech republic.

Its a Serbian (Yugoslavian) copy of one of our American military's side- arms, the M-11.   Some in the military are issued the M11 instead of the Beretta M9 BTW.

View Quote

Fixed for accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#42]
day 12 since order.......come on PSA.........  I already have holsters for the damn thing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I ordered one on the 17th of April (the day the email got sent out) and it is not in yet. Fast, cheap, or good... pick two.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I ordered one on the 17th of April (the day the email got sent out) and it is not in yet. Fast, cheap, or good... pick two.
View Quote

lol I wasnt really expecting it fast as Ive bought many things for them but its my toy and I want it now
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Updates?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Out of Stock
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

SIG 228 CLONE

Its a Serbian (Yugoslavian) copy of our American military's side- arm, the M-11.   Some in the military are issued the M9 Beretta instead of the M11 BTW.

View Quote

It's a copy (not a clone) of a P226, not a P228, and hardly anyone is issued an M11 rather than an M9.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Updates?
View Quote

mine shipped and should be at the ffl Tuesday but I don't think I'll be intown
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine shipped and will be delivered Tuesday.
I hope to get it tomorrow afternoon. If I do, I'll hit the range Wednesday and give a range report.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#50]
JD at PSA called me to let me know my CZ999 pistol came in. I picked it up today. Came in a plain white box with an extra mag and a bore brush. Fit and finish are very nice. The ergonomics of the grip feel better than my Sig. It is very similar in size and feel to my Smith 469. Now if it shoots as good as it looks I'll be happy.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top