Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2014 3:52:03 AM EDT
I've been seeing this posted everywhere lately. Did some skimming on both left and right sites since there's no neutral anymore.

Quackery or tyranny?

Community leaders working together in Carroll County recently defended their county against overreaching smart growth initiatives. Richard Rothschild, a candidate for Commissioner, emphatically remarks, "Smart growth is not science; it is political dogma combined with an insidious dose of social engineering. Smart growth is a wedding wherein zoning code is married with government-sponsored housing initiatives to accomplish government's goal of social re-engineering. It urbanizes rural towns with high-density development, and gerrymanders population centers through the use of housing initiatives that enable people with weak patterns of personal financial responsibility to acquire homes in higher-income areas. This has the effect of shifting the voting patterns of rural municipalities from Right to Left."

Smart growth plans usurp property rights and constitutional rights. Local officials, at the behest of State Government, revise zoning laws to fit into a "smart code" zoning template. A massive reshuffling of property rights ensues. Farmers may lose subdivision rights; conservation land adjacent to population centers may be rezoned into commercial employment centers; and low-density land in small towns is re-designated as growth area and rezoned to accommodate diverse housing including high-density apartments and condominiums.

Finally, a healthy dose of federal- or state-sponsored housing initiatives is embraced to ensure communities are properly balanced. The net effect of these plans is to create highly urbanized population centers throughout otherwise-rural counties, while simultaneously limiting the availability of land for suburban and estate subdivisions, as these are considered an unsustainable waste of land by Agenda 21 disciples.

View Quote

LINK
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Two thirds of the senate has to approve any international treaty for it to take hold and if it requires expenditure, then the house can cock-block that bitch.

<Ron Paul>It's not happening.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to believe
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Arfcom is normally very pro-U.N.  So will go with the herd on this one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Anything the UN is for, I am pretty much against.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Phuc the UriNation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:04:33 AM EDT
[#6]
You can throw all of that tinfoil away and go right to the UN's website and read the .pdf about Agenda 21.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two thirds of the senate has to approve any international treaty for it to take hold and if it requires expenditure, then the house can cock-block that bitch.

View Quote

Haha, thems pre-Obama laws dawg. We president now.

I'm thinking they could begin to implement much of this without an actual treaty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:09:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anything the UN is for, I am pretty much against.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]
UN?

yup

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:29:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Poll Fail.

You left off Fuck the U.N.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:46:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can throw all of that tinfoil away and go right to the UN's website and read the .pdf about Agenda 21.
View Quote

You could throw them a bone, Brah...
http://www.un.org/earthwatch/issues.html

http://www.un.org/esa/devaccount/projects/active/theme.html

This one is reason enough to throw the whole lot out of NY, defund & deport them.
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=47569
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#12]
If the UN thinks it's a good idea, I know it's a bad idea.

The UN is a misguided collection of fools who think that people from nations where they live in mud huts and drink cow piss should have any say in

how developed, industrialized nations handle any aspect of their own affairs.

The UN is an organization that put a freaking Iranian in charge of the woman's rights commission.

The US should (a) withdraw from the UN,  (b), order the UN to remove itself entirely from American soil (of course that means to vacate their

headquarters in NYC), and (c) give them only seven days to vacate the building before it's turned into cheap living accomodations for the army

of NYC bums.    Having been occupied by UN creatures for so long, it's not fit for habitation by NORMAL people.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If the UN thinks it's a good idea, I know it's a bad idea.

The UN is a misguided collection of fools who think that people from nations where they live in mud huts and drink cow piss should have any say in

how developed, industrialized nations handle any aspect of their own affairs.

The UN is an organization that put a freaking Iranian in charge of the woman's rights commission.

The US should (a) withdraw from the UN,  (b), order the UN to remove itself entirely from American soil (of course that means to vacate their

headquarters in NYC), and (c) give them only seven days to vacate the building before it's turned into cheap living accomodations for the army

of NYC bums.    Having been occupied by UN creatures for so long, it's not fit for habitation by NORMAL people.
View Quote
That would be ironic since the president of the U.S. at the time is the one who actually came up with the term "United Nations" and hosted the meetings to form it.

FFDR
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm thinking they could begin to implement much of this without an actual treaty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't see that happening here.

If they try, I don't see it working.  That's a bridge too far, at least at the moment.

Also, anyone trying to take my property is going to have to kill me for it.  I'm not giving it up otherwise, under any conditions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#16]

The UN can start by relocating it's HQ to some Ebola infected ass crack of Africa.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top