Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my '14 Accord.  Manual transmission with the "Sport" package.  I had a Fusion with the 2.0 Ecoboost.  It was garbage.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Honda all the way (I have 3 Accords).  The 2013 model was actually the first year with the CVT.  I went with the 2012 Accord (which was the last year of that model), I will wait until they work the bugs out of the current one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't touch anything with a CVT, they fall apart.  Only one or two companies make those transmissions so it doesn't matter what car they are in, they are still terrible.
View Quote

I own a Nissan with a CVT ...77k..no issues...My dad has a 05 Ford 500 with a CVT,,,80k  no issues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I second the Kia Soul.  Easy to get in and out of, has a 100k warranty, in your price range and if Granny wants, she can take her friends to the Beach.

I test drove a Soul and I liked it. It was very fun to drive.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
accord
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mazda accelerations are dangerous combined with the elderly

Why not a simple Corolla?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mazda 6... no CVT bullshit.

Mazda accelerations are dangerous combined with the elderly

Why not a simple Corolla?

She literally thinks the Corolla is gay.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ford's are very popular the past two years.  That being said, I don't think your grandmother can go wrong either way.

I'd get the best deal in terms of rebates.

I used to work in insurance and now I'm working auto sales.  Both Accord and Fusion insurance wise are going to be very comparable.

If grandma decides on a Ford...we have a Ford dealership in FL.
View Quote

where in FL? im down in miami.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#9]
The current Fusion is a really nice car.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My GF got a used 2012 Fusion with the V6 and AWD and what a blast that car is to drive. Really great. Ford makes shockingly good cars these days.

Fuck japanese cars.
View Quote

It doesn't appear a V6 is an option.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My GF got a used 2012 Fusion with the V6 and AWD and what a blast that car is to drive. Really great. Ford makes shockingly good cars these days.

Fuck japanese cars.

Nope. Did away with the 6 cylinder in both the Fusion and Escape.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Mercedes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck japanese cars.

It was in 2012. I am very impressed with the car.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Update. We sat in the accord, hands down, more room, better fit and finish interior than the focus. Grandmother was more comfortable in the accord. she didnt need to sit on a pillow to see over the dash and it got her excited.

will be finishing up the paperwork tommorow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Update. We sat in the accord, hands down, more room, better fit and finish interior than the focus. Grandmother was more comfortable in the accord. she didnt need to sit on a pillow to see over the dash and it got her excited.

View Quote

You start off comparing an Accord to a Fusion and end up comparing an Accord to a Focus?

The Fusion and the Focus are like night and day.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:40:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't know where you are getting this info from. We have sold literally 100s and never had a transmission problem. I've had 2, an 06 and an 09, and put roughly 60,000 miles on each and had no problems what so ever. As far as bluetooth and sync a lot of the confusion can be resolved by having a salesperson actually take the time to demo the system instead of just saying here is you r car have a great day. Very very few of the people that I have sold to come back saying they don't understand it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't know where you are getting this info from. We have sold literally 100s and never had a transmission problem. I've had 2, an 06 and an 09, and put roughly 60,000 miles on each and had no problems what so ever. As far as bluetooth and sync a lot of the confusion can be resolved by having a salesperson actually take the time to demo the system instead of just saying here is you r car have a great day. Very very few of the people that I have sold to come back saying they don't understand it.

Quoted:
Fusions are garbage. Regular problems are the transmission losing reverse, the traction control system going out, tie rods breaking, air entering the coolant system, and the hill start assist going out (makes it lunge forward on hills). They also have terrible rear visibility, and the car feels huge despite the medium sized interior. They also bottom out and rattle from even the smallest crack in the concrete, though they ride semi smooth.

Microsoft Sync is a fucking annoyance for Bluetooth and the seatbelt and open door warning ringers are so loud they literally blow the dedicated speaker for them. They can be over ridden, but the process is so long and stupid it will make you want to punch things. I list these separately since it likely won't be an issue for her.

They do get decent mileage though. They're okay on comfort but the seat adjustments are kind of dumb. The digital display is nice and big for an old person. The trunk is pretty decent sized.

I'd pick the Accord no questions asked, and I haven't even driven one. The Fusion is a boring car that sucks to drive and has spotty reliability. The previous generations are supposed to be pretty good, but the new ones are going to be used car lot specials despite the Aston Marton inspired looks.

I get this info from putting 3,000 miles on a 2013 a month in a fleet that logs over 250,000 per year. There's a big difference between generations, and comparing the first to the second is unfair to the early models which were good cars. Every car in our fleet has been in for service for things that are borderline ridiculous. The hill stop assist isn't only uneeded, it's problematic and outright dangerous when it goes out. Someone parallel parking would likely end up filing an insurance claim if they didn't know what was about to happen.

The Bluetooth isn't confusing, it's annoying. I don't need the car to tell me 911 assist is off every time I get in, especially when it interrupts conversations. If I select Bluetooth media stream, why do I have to reselect the source every freaking time (unless you have a Windows phone) even though the receiver is still set to media? No other car does that, and for good reason.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You start off comparing an Accord to a Fusion and end up comparing an Accord to a Focus?

SORRY meant to type fusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SORRY meant to type fusion.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Come w a wing and a fart can?  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Come w a wing and a fart can?  
View Quote

Why would we do ricer shit?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#21]
pics of granny
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top