BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would give even more support if it were cheaper.

Slit their throat like sheep.
View Quote

How many sheep have you done?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes I do

But it wastes so much time that many on death row pretty much have life sentences.

We need more Sheriffs like Joe Arpaio that love to save money and do it the prison system (at least seen the most results). Heck some prisoners live better than some elderly in a nursing home.
View Quote

I went on a vacation about 10 years ago and toured the "Tent Jail" facility for about 30-45 minutes. He does run a tight ship. From what I know about him - I would vote for him.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes I do

But it wastes so much time that many on death row pretty much have life sentences.

We need more Sheriffs like Joe Arpaio that love to save money and do it the prison system (at least seen the most results). Heck some prisoners live better than some elderly in a nursing home.
View Quote

Ironically enough, Joe Arpaio has cost the taxpayers of his State far more than most Sheriffs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to say yes, but throughout history governments have murdered innocent people and used it for political prisoners. I don't doubt that innocent men have been put to death by our own government. Knowing that, it is hard to support.

While I do think certain people deserve to be put to death, I don't think it's something the government can necessarily be trusted with. So no.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am so old that when I was a kid I went riding my pet dinosaur and fell of the edge of the earth....speaking of old - it's past me bed time - I'm gonna take my ancient rear to bed......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get your panties all tied up. I was trying to keep a long post shorter. By 100%, I am referring to video/audio/dna - irrefutable evidence that is so common now. Not the old days of "blood types" and "eye witnesses" - got it?
I guess you are talking to me but since you don't appear to know how to quote I'm not so sure.

Again, evidence that was considered "irrefutable" back then is the same evidence we consider "irrefutable" now.  Technology constantly changes, the human element of it does not.  Don't be so fucking naive and don't ask me if I "got it".

Gee, you seem to be right about everything....I can't quote. Also, you can say cuss words on the internet....scary guy here. Got it?
Actually...how old are you????  Don't want to offend you with any cuss words.  

I am so old that when I was a kid I went riding my pet dinosaur and fell of the edge of the earth....speaking of old - it's past me bed time - I'm gonna take my ancient rear to bed......
Nevermind.....done

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would give even more support if it were cheaper.

Slit their throat like sheep.

As a lifetime rancher, I will bet anything more than you have or ever will.

And poor old horses that never did anything wrong to me, just carried me many, many miles.  And poor old mamma cows, who never did anything wrong to me other than give me many fine young calves.

So convicts don't really mean shit to me.  They failed to conform to the standards of society. They earned it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ironically enough, Joe Arpaio has cost the taxpayers of his State far more than most Sheriffs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes I do

Link?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If there is any question of guilt then hell no.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes I do

Link?

Here toy fo
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]
While no system created by man will ever be infallible...

I absolutely do believe that our current system for the death penalty is the closest thing to pure justice that one could receive.

The accused may be judged by not one, but two juries of their peers ( at least within all applicable state laws I am familiar with). Not to mention the multiple chances for appeals after-the-fact... Essentially, if you are sentenced to death- you probably deserve it.

That being said, there are completely innocent people who are sentenced to death [somewhat] frequently. No one has ever accused our legal system of absolute perfection- but it does provide the best opportunity of a valid legal defense for the accused in every instance.

It is a trade-off of freedom and justice every time, but short of making it easy upon those who deserve death for their chosen actions, I see no better alternative options for a trial process.

I believe that public hangings and/or firing-squads should be brought back around as a discouragement measure for particularly heinous offenders- particularly if the crime involves multiple impartial witnesses.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

View Quote

Tell you what hot rod - my old butt will be up at Ft. Benning on May 7-8 for my Sons graduation ceremony. If you want my cell number - PM me and we can arrange a meet and greet. If you still want some after looking me over - well it's your funeral. After working the streets and the prison system and the local jail....well, I have seen it all and been there, done that. I was the guy they put at the front gate when the prison nut jobs needed straightening upon their arrival. I was the guy the Lt. called for at the back gate when the pansy cops brought in a "troublemaker" at our local jail. Funny, after 20 years of that, I never had a problem with a single one of them. Of course, you could be the exception? How is that? Straight enough for you?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tell you what hot rod - my old butt will be up at Ft. Benning on May 7-8 for my Sons graduation ceremony. If you want my cell number - PM me and we can arrange a meet and greet. If you still want some after looking me over - well it's your funeral. After working the streets and the prison system and the local jail....well, I have seen it all and been there, done that. I was the guy they put at the front gate when the prison nut jobs needed straightening upon their arrival. I was the guy the Lt. called for at the back gate when the pansy cops brought in a "troublemaker" at our local jail. Funny, after 20 years of that, I never had a problem with a single one of them. Of course, you could be the exception? How is that? Straight enough for you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

lol, lookout.   Badassery in progress and such.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

You talk some good shit.  I was going to be the bigger man and leave it alone but I guess you have no idea what that means.  You take the internet way to seriously.  I'll start planning my funeral!!!  Have you had enough to drink tonight???  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

Guess I'm not the only one!!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope the justice system is broken and innocent men have died.

I can't support that system.

I do support using jails for what they are intended.

Housing hardened criminals who do not belong in society.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

1Andy2 is not safe either - guess where Jr. is being sent? Yup - Texas.....lol j/k on Andy
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

Hey, who was you CO at the jail?  I might know him.  Beers at the bar maybe?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
While no system created by man will ever be infallible...

I absolutely do believe that our current system for the death penalty is the closest thing to pure justice that one could receive.

The accused may be judged by not one, but two juries of their peers ( at least within all applicable state laws I am familiar with). Not to mention the multiple chances for appeals after-the-fact... Essentially, if you are sentenced to death- you probably deserve it.

That being said, there are completely innocent people who are sentenced to death [somewhat] frequently. No one has ever accused our legal system of absolute perfection- but it does provide the best opportunity of a valid legal defense for the accused in every instance.

It is a trade-off of freedom and justice every time, but short of making it easy upon those who deserve death for their chosen actions, I see no better alternative options for a trial process.

I believe that public hangings and/or firing-squads should be brought back around as a discouragement measure for particularly heinous offenders- particularly if the crime involves multiple impartial witnesses.
View Quote

There is no justification for putting a single innocent man to death. There is no trade-off, there's only murder. If you support the murder of an innocent man as a trade off, then you're no better then the actual murderers you want to execute.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You talk some good shit.  I was going to be the bigger man and leave it alone but I guess you have no idea what that means.  You take the internet way to seriously.  I'll start planning my funeral!!!  Have you had enough to drink tonight???  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

I have not drank in years - I tend to do stupid stuff when I drink. I am calm now days....HaHa
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
1Andy2 is not safe either - guess where Jr. is being sent? Yup - Texas.....lol j/k on Andy
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

Now you are trying to joke your way out of it!!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#21]
If you look back to the 1950's executions were much quicker.  The pair of murderers from the book/film In Cold Blood were arrested in 1959 and executed in 1965.

A fair trail followed by a first class hanging. (Silverado)
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have not drank in years - I tend to do stupid stuff when I drink. I am calm now days....HaHa
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

So you just do stupid shit for no reason at all???  Even better.  It's not worth my effort but you seem to want to press it for whatever reason.  What can I do to make you feel vindicated?  I would hate for you to go to sleep all upset.  Want to cuddle?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#23]
In theory, yes, I believe some crimes should be punishable by death. But I just can't bring it upon myself to trust our legal system.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

Nope - just letting Andy know I was joking with him. He was having a good time laughing at 2 fools on the internet - he did not challenge me in any way. Old habits die slowly - challenge me = loose teeth, consciousness, etc...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread is full of bad ass mofos
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Nope - just letting Andy know I was joking with him. He was having a good time laughing at 2 fools on the internet - he did not challenge me in any way. Old habits die slowly - challenge me = loose teeth, consciousness, etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I really don't know where to start.  We seriously have a badass here.  I'll laugh it off unless you want to push it.  Please do, your internet animosity wont get you as far as you think in GA or with me.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Old habits die slowly - challenge me = loose teeth, consciousness, etc...
View Quote

Okay, no one has posted it yet so I will.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1.

Maybe they should remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion on this subject matter.... no matter how wrong it maybe perceived to be.

Seriously guys- a simple internet-based disagreement ain't worth a fist fight!!

Stop acting like a bunch of kids.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So you just do stupid shit for no reason at all???  Even better.  It's not worth my effort but you seem to want to press it for whatever reason.  What can I do to make you feel vindicated?  I would hate for you to go to sleep all upset.  Want to cuddle?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind.....done

No thanks on the cuddle. I have a wife for that. I may have a Geritol and call it a morning.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
+1.

Maybe they should remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion on this subject matter.... no matter how wrong it maybe perceived to be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

No argument here.  I was going to drop it.  He apparently didn't want to.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

+1.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

Spoken like a true Mother - you are right, of course, Mom.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

And I rest my case.......

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Now you two gotta fight or forever be known as posers.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because a disturbing number of death row convicts have been freed when exonerating evidence came to light decades later.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do, by hanging. Why waste our tax dollars paying to support a murderer in prison for life? Poll inbound.
Because a disturbing number of death row convicts have been freed when exonerating evidence came to light decades later.  

Even more disturbing is the fact that the majority of the innocent convicted are probably never exonerated.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Now you two gotta fight or forever be known as posers.....
View Quote

My main man Mackinaw! I like your style!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I support the idea, but do not trust the legal system with people's lives.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Sofa king
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Back to the thread - I understand the failures, but having worked in the system for a while - it is much better now days. Also, as it is today - in Florida - Death Row is so much nicer than a Life sentence. If I was in that position - I would try to get the death penalty vs. life. Again, I am not a huge fan of the current system. I would like to see it improved. My thoughts would make it 99% less expensive and 2000% faster.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I do

Link?

Over 44 million settling lawsuits brought by local politicians alone

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140127maricopa-county-arpaio-costs-tallied.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If there is any question of guilt then hell no.

View Quote

If there's a question of guilt, then the verdict is supposed to be "Not Guilty" and the death penalty (or even jail time) doesn't enter into it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

'07er's gonna '07?

That can't be right... Maybe he's just a little bit special..

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I do, by hanging. Why waste our tax dollars paying to support a murderer in prison for life? Poll inbound.
View Quote

You do realize death penalties are more expensive right?

No I don't really support it.  Used to, but our justice system blows.  Unless it's a case of caught on camera committing a mass shooting and the police arrest you in the act, I just don't like the odds of anything else.  Besides life in prison seems like more of a hell to me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No I don't really support it.  Used to, but our justice system blows.  Unless it's a case of caught on camera committing a mass shooting and the police arrest you in the act, I just don't like the odds of anything else.  Besides life in prison seems like more of a hell to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are only more expensive because the bleeding hearts made us quit shooting them. Bullets are cheap.
Then they made us quit hanging them. Rope is cheap and can be used more than once.
Then they figured that frying them was too gruesome.
Gas was inhumane.
Now they are working on showing that lethal injection is inhumane too.

Wait till they figure out that a sentence of life without the possibility of parole is really a death sentence.  They still die in prison it just takes longer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

For violent crime, absolutely.

Eta...only in cases where there is undeniable proof of guilt. DNA rape evidence, multiple eye witnesses, video evidence and confessions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck and yes= FUCKYES.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They are only more expensive because the bleeding hearts made us quit shooting them. Bullets are cheap.
Then they made us quit hanging them. Rope is cheap and can be used more than once.
Then they figured that frying them was too gruesome.
Gas was inhumane.
Now they are working on showing that lethal injection is inhumane too.

Wait till they figure out that a sentence of life without the possibility of parole is really a death sentence.  They still die in prison it just takes longer.
View Quote

I've never understood how death by firing squad is inhumane.  That would absolutely be my first choice if I had to be executed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#47]
This is one of those polls where we need more choices.

I support capital punishment, in very limited circumstances: murder of a prison guard, particularly heinous mass murders or serial murders, or terrorism involving multiple victims.

Bear in mind that capital vases are much more expensive to prosecute that non-capital cases. And as a practical matter, even a successful capital prosecution means that the condemned sits on death row for years and years until his appeals are exhausted. This all costs the state a lot more money than simply keeping him incarcerated for the rest of his natural life.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#48]
NO

We continue to release people that were innocent after being convicted, some were on death row.

Nothing could be a bigger injustice than the state putting an innocent person to death.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I would support only public hanging for certain crimes,  but since its inconceivable that the justice system would not screw it up ,   then no.   Too many crooked prosecutors and cops to even consider a death penalty,  except maybe if it became law that anyone involved in a conspiracy to hang an innocent man would take his place on the gallows.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nope.  (Could support if there was always absolutely no possibility of a mistake, but since this isn't going to happen, no.)    

View Quote

This. Our government is grossly incompetent. I have no problem with killing in self-defense, but once a person is in a cage they are no threat, and I don't have enough faith in our flawed human system to only get it 100 percent right every single time.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top