Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which God do you worship?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because Muslims worship a false god.  So, why bother?

The real one.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
because muslims tend to kill people, much safer to attack a religion based on peace love and turning the other cheek  ...
View Quote

That might be the message contained in the bible, but that's not how Christians portray it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because Muslims would behead the Atheists.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Because they both have they same goal - destroy Western Civilization.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm laughing. Just not at my post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confrontational people attack those with power. Muslims are like 1% of the American population and have little power to influence legislation or people's day to day lives. Christians do.

Look at the White House, laugh at your own post.

I'm laughing. Just not at my post.

Yes and just think when they get 5 percent what they will be like look at parts of Michigan already.

They get everything there fucking way now.
Just wait and see what happens when they get 50 percent in a country.

That's the only thing good about the Hispanic wave coming from the south.  They breed almost as fast as the mooslims and they are mostly Christian.

The mooslims have learned how to use a countries rules against the country.  They get on all forms of assistance and breed like rats taking over entire community's forcing the others out and changing the schools, and eventually the laws and the courts.  Then the Christians and Jews that stay behind are taxed to remain and they finally killed out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
If I valued my life and was an Atheist I wouldn't attack Islam either.

Christians don't react as violently as Muslims when their religion is attacked IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why do confrontational Atheists Christians not attack Muslims?
View Quote
What sand you had your head stuck in?

Edit verbally not physically.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The real one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The real one.

Cthulhu?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cthulhu?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The real one.

Cthulhu?

Krom?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

This is why I wish the Southern Baptists were a little more hard line.

Can you imagine old women beating the shit outta "nonbelievers" in the street with those granny hand bags. No one would fuck with Christians after that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can you imagine old women beating the shit outta "nonbelievers" in the street with those granny hand bags. No one would fuck with Christians after that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought y'all were supposed to be tolerant and non-judgemental?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Allah is the God of Abraham, the father of Christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

because Jesus is real

and allah isn't

Allah is the God of Abraham, the father of Christ.

So claimed Mohammad, some 600 years after Jesus, with no basis.

Every Old or New Testament item that he incorporated in what became the Koran (supposedly dictated to him by the Archangel Gabriel because no mortal, even "Allah's Messenger" can hear "Allah" and live) is changed or different from any Jewish or Christian tradition.

Mohammad alleged that the Koran was "uncreated" - always existing and unchanging - and therefore predates any Jewish or Christian texts.

Historically, "Allah" was a primary or highest god among the pantheon of Arab pagan gods in Arabia (the Nabataean pantheon).  

Back to Sumeria, it was "Alla".

It doesn't appear in Hebrew or Aramaic Biblical source texts as a name for the God of Abraham but is used among Christian Arabs. (Elaha is used in "modern" Assyrian Aramaic and it seems to have been used among pre-Mohammad Arab Christians as a name for God).

Mecca, as a trading crossroads, had a significant Jewish community and a significant Gnostic community (Gnostics are a heretical "Christian" sect that denies the divine nature of Christ, saying He was just a man).

Mohammad studied with both communities and began to preach, claiming he was a prophet.  The Jews rejected his claim of prophecy (beginning his hatred of the Jews) while the Gnostics provided many early converts.

This is key.  Islam also rejects Jesus as the actual "Son of God" and casts him as a prophet.  He cannot be the "Son of Allah" because He's the son of Miriam (Mary) and Joseph.

"Allah" is the god of Mohammad and Islam.  The incorporation of Mohammad's version of some Biblical aspects into the Koran don't create a connection.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I've never had a Muslim come to my door wanting to share the good news.

View Quote

The entire time I was in Saudi I was pressured to convert.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Does any reference one's faith count?

Because on this site, you don't have to push Christ on anybody to get a bunch of atheist thread-sh*tters... all You have to do is MENTION Christianity, and you'll get atheists talking trash in the discussion.

And we've had plenty of anti-Christian trolls here on top of it (0ldguy comes immediately to mind)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
better question is what are so many atheists conformational to begin with.

It's reactionary.  Every so often you get fed up with people trying to convince you to forgo reason.

Does any reference one's faith count?

Because on this site, you don't have to push Christ on anybody to get a bunch of atheist thread-sh*tters... all You have to do is MENTION Christianity, and you'll get atheists talking trash in the discussion.

And we've had plenty of anti-Christian trolls here on top of it (0ldguy comes immediately to mind)

Not at all. However, the constant badgering of "you're going to hell" gets really old.  I have no problem with what a person believes as long as they don't try to push those beliefs on me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:21:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bullies tend to pick on those who don't fight back...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:41:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, besides 9/11, the Washington Snipers, the Fort Hood Shooter, the Trolley Square shooter, and the Tsarnaev brothers, and several other incidents in which the US government quickly decided there was No Islam to See Here, Islamic radicals don't pose any threat whatsoever to Americans.

Or at least not as significant a threat as having the Ten Commandments posted in front of city hall.  Now that's dangerous.

http://www.steynonline.com/6267/no-islam-to-see-here

View Quote

That works out to one terrorist act every couple of years somewhere in the USA, vs Christianity being imposed through blue laws or modern attempts at imposing religious views via civil laws repeatedly around the country every year
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#18]
This is where that other retards thread spawned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1

Plus saying Atheists do this because of that is just as silly as saying White people do this because of that. Or all Jews do this because they blah blah.

Atheists are people. Some atheists are lying, backstabbing jerks, just like some Christians.  Oh and some of both groups are white, some are black, and some, shockingly I know, are asian!!!!

See how silly it sounds when you apply it to a group you don't hate? Some atheists are idiots, and others just want to be left alone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confrontational people attack those with power. Muslims are like 1% of the American population and have little power to influence legislation or people's day to day lives. Christians do.

Nahh, that can't be it ... your theory doesn't fit the rhetoric we're about to hear.

It *must* be because they're scared of Muslims, not that American Muslims are notoriously "self contained" while American Christians, as a general rule, seem to think it's hunky dory to use the law and the public coffers to push their agenda of "good ideas" on others.

Of course, this makes one wonder: If their ideas are so great, why do we have to make them legally mandatory or use public funds/lands/resources?

That said, the whole affair is a bit silly. I dislike outspoken Atheists as much as I dislike anyone who uses their personal ideology or spirituality as a club to bludgeon the world.

+1

Plus saying Atheists do this because of that is just as silly as saying White people do this because of that. Or all Jews do this because they blah blah.

Atheists are people. Some atheists are lying, backstabbing jerks, just like some Christians.  Oh and some of both groups are white, some are black, and some, shockingly I know, are asian!!!!

See how silly it sounds when you apply it to a group you don't hate? Some atheists are idiots, and others just want to be left alone.

I would agree. Athiests come from all walks of life and all political groups--conservative, liberal, pro-gun, anti-gun. ARFCOM athiests are fine people.  However, i would suggest that militant athiests, the ones who throw lawsuits about and put up Grinchy signs at Christmas, tend to be leftist politically and thus have a special dislike of Christianity.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is where that other retards thread spawned.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#21]

They do, trust me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Does any reference one's faith count? For assholes, yes.

Because on this site, you don't have to push Christ on anybody to get a bunch of atheist thread-sh*tters... all You have to do is MENTION Christianity, and you'll get atheists talking trash in the discussion. Those people are assholes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's reactionary.  Every so often you get fed up with people trying to convince you to forgo reason.

Because on this site, you don't have to push Christ on anybody to get a bunch of atheist thread-sh*tters... all You have to do is MENTION Christianity, and you'll get atheists talking trash in the discussion. Those people are assholes.

They're usually the young and/or the newly converted that are particularly strident jerks regardless of their beliefs or lack thereof.  For example, when I realized that I was an atheist and that that was an actual thing, I became a particularly outspoken jackass.  Of course, I was only thirteen at them time and I grew up.  Then there's a good friend who was raised in a non-denominational home, went to college, got saved, and then wouldn't shut the fuck up about it for the next year or so.

That being said, there strident jerks that are neither young nor newly converted, like the professionally offended anti-theists that sue to have the ten commandments removed from the courthouse, etc.  I don't understand those folks at all.

I'm not picketing in front of mosque for the same reason I'm not picketing in front of a church - I really just don't care about all of that.  Of course, I find myself in threads like this from time to time, because I sometimes I feel like standing up for people like me.  Sometimes you just have to to all of the nonsense like  "You hate God."  "You're a brainwashed tool of the left."  "You don't have a moral code."  "You're destroying America."  

For the record, I was baptized and confirmed Catholic.  Despite having left the church, no longer believing, I do consider myself ethnically Catholic in the same way a nonobservant Jew would consider him or herself ethnically Jewish.  So when folks start in on Catholics, that sometimes gets a reaction from me as well.  Of course, I don't feel the need to stick up for Catholics as often, because the CoC here prohibits Catholic bashing but not atheist bashing so . . .
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit.  Atheists will debate religion with anyone who wants to, and will oppose any religion that tries to force itself on the masses.  I've taken plenty of shots at Islam.  But here in this country, Islam is dwarfed by Christianity, so that's what atheists are confronted with every day.

But hey, go ahead and feed your personal fantasy of what an atheist is.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  Atheists will debate religion with anyone who wants to, and will oppose any religion that tries to force itself on the masses.  I've taken plenty of shots at Islam.  But here in this country, Islam is dwarfed by Christianity, so that's what atheists are confronted with every day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They're usually the young and/or the newly converted that are particularly strident jerks regardless of their beliefs or lack thereof.  For example, when I realized that I was an atheist and that that was an actual thing, I became a particularly outspoken jackass.  Of course, I was only thirteen at them time and I grew up.  Then there's a good friend who was raised in a non-denominational home, went to college, got saved, and then wouldn't shut the fuck up about it for the next year or so.

That being said, there strident jerks that are neither young nor newly converted, like the professionally offended anti-theists that sue to have the ten commandments removed from the courthouse, etc.  I don't understand those folks at all.

I'm not picketing in front of mosque for the same reason I'm not picketing in front of a church - I really just don't care about all of that.  Of course, I find myself in threads like this from time to time, because I sometimes I feel like standing up for people like me.  Sometimes you just have to to all of the nonsense like  "You hate God."  "You're a brainwashed tool of the left."  "You don't have a moral code."  "You're destroying America."  

For the record, I was baptized and confirmed Catholic.  Despite having left the church, no longer believing, I do consider myself ethnically Catholic in the same way a nonobservant Jew would consider him or herself ethnically Jewish.  So when folks start in on Catholics, that sometimes gets a reaction from me as well.  Of course, I don't feel the need to stick up for Catholics as often, because the CoC here prohibits Catholic bashing but not atheist bashing so . . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#27]
American atheists grew up in a Christian environment.  It's what they know best and have experience with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#28]

I was going to put this post on this thread and the other "call out" thread (before it was locked.)

The question at the heart of BOTH threads is this:

Why are Muslims exempt from the treatment that either Christians or atheists feel are given to them by each other.

I'll give my take on it, and expect that neither group will be overly happy with my assessment.  My disclaimer to this is that I am a Christian, but not an evangelical.  I am a firm believer that one has the right by free will to make their own choices.  If, through natural interaction, faiths come up I will tell my beliefs.  A person may accept or reject them. It is their choice.  I won't shove mine down their throat, and I expect the same from them.

As to the question...

It becomes a question of the perceived impact the "opposing" group has on their personal lives.  Atheists in America seem to feel that Christians have an unwanted impact on their personal lives through certain values that they feel are legislated.  From that view, they negatively react to all reference to Christianity when they see it.

As has been stated in one of these threads, other religions are not perceived to hold that ability IN AMERICA yet. (Most of the responses seem to hinge on the American perspective.)

On the flip side, Christians believe that atheists are their faith is under attack by the prevention of free exercise of religion.  Again, Christians in America have not see any other faith groups make real efforts to impact their practice of faith, and seem to accept that a person of convicted faith is extremely unlikely to be converted.

The fight is over control, not souls.

To me, this does open the door for hypocrisy on every level and every group.

An evangelical person or organization actively challenging atheists should be just as willing to challenge other faiths-- if they stand by the fundamental premise of saving souls.  Otherwise, you are a hypocrite (and possibly a coward.)

An activist atheist person or organization actively challenging Christians demonstrates hypocrisy (and likely cowardice)  if they attack the principles of Christianity by name, but are unwilling to do so with any other group by name.

On the issue of "control," the singling out of either Christians or atheists respectively is probably a valid line of thinking since it certainly does seem to be that the visions of the groups seem to be squarely in opposition.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I was going to put this post on this thread and the other "call out" thread (before it was locked.)

The question at the heart of BOTH threads is this:

Why are Muslims exempt from the treatment that either Christians or atheists feel are given to them by each other.

I'll give my take on it, and expect that neither group will be overly happy with my assessment.  My disclaimer to this is that I am a Christian, but not an evangelical.  I am a firm believer that one has the right by free will to make their own choices.  If, through natural interaction, faiths come up I will tell my beliefs.  A person may accept or reject them. It is their choice.  I won't shove mine down their throat, and I expect the same from them.

As to the question...

It becomes a question of the perceived impact the "opposing" group has on their personal lives.  Atheists in America seem to feel that Christians have an unwanted impact on their personal lives through certain values that they feel are legislated.  From that view, they negatively react to all reference to Christianity when they see it.

As has been stated in one of these threads, other religions are not perceived to hold that ability IN AMERICA yet. (Most of the responses seem to hinge on the American perspective.)

On the flip side, Christians believe that atheists are their faith is under attack by the prevention of free exercise of religion.  Again, Christians in America have not see any other faith groups make real efforts to impact their practice of faith, and seem to accept that a person of convicted faith is extremely unlikely to be converted.

The fight is over control, not souls.

To me, this does open the door for hypocrisy on every level and every group.

An evangelical person or organization actively challenging atheists should be just as willing to challenge other faiths-- if they stand by the fundamental premise of saving souls.  Otherwise, you are a hypocrite (and possibly a coward.)

An activist atheist person or organization actively challenging Christians demonstrates hypocrisy (and likely cowardice)  if they attack the principles of Christianity by name, but are unwilling to do so with any other group by name.

On the issue of "control," the singling out of either Christians or atheists respectively is probably a valid line of thinking since it certainly does seem to be that the visions of the groups seem to be squarely in opposition.
View Quote

I like it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is the stupidest thread I've read on arfcom in a long while, perhaps ever. Yes, atheists are spiritual deviants and sexual cowards ramming their hard atheism down the gagged and persecuted throat of christianity until the pillars of western civilization explode in the sexual ectasy of nihilism and gay marriage.
View Quote

Well I never said all that!!

I just call them "pesky atheists".

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

that which we are, we are
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the stupidest thread I've read on arfcom in a long while, perhaps ever. Yes, atheists are spiritual deviants and sexual cowards ramming their hard atheism down the gagged and persecuted throat of christianity until the pillars of western civilization explode in the sexual ectasy of nihilism and gay marriage.

Well played Sir
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not at all. However, the constant badgering of "you're going to hell" gets really old.  I have no problem with what a person believes as long as they don't try to push those beliefs on me.
View Quote

So are beans/no beans thread really stressful for you?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are, you have no idea.  How people can put beans in Chilli is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#36]
they dont want to get Blown up!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never had a Muslim come to my door wanting to share the good news.

When I was in Iraq, I had LN come up to me in town, on a patrol outside the wire and hand me a pamphlet in (broken) English about how Islam was my birthright and that it had been denied to me.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#38]
If they took a stand against Muslims, they would be labled "racist".  That would be the end of their run.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Pussies!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#40]

That looks like Hebrew, not Arabic.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Because they are more anti-christian than anti-religion.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Because they are more anti-christian than anti-religion.
View Quote
Bingo.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#43]
I do think it needs to be pointed out, that nobody living in America is seriously afraid of "attacking" the beliefs of Muslims, for fear of reprisal. I'm certainly not. You're not going to get beheaded for it, and anybody who claims otherwise is being disingenuous.

You don't see a lot of American atheists critiquing Wiccans, either. Know what the real reason it? Like Muslims, there just aren't that many of them. It doesn't come up in conversation much. If 1% or less of this country was Christian, I can promise you precious little would ever be said about them. What would the point be?

As for me personally, I'm not interested in attacking any faith. I'll tell you what I think and why if you ask, but I'm not going to go out of my way to talk you out of whatever it is you believe.

I don't try and turn my (overwhelmingly) liberal coworkers into conservatives, either. Not interested. Like my non-belief in a deity, if they want to know what my political beliefs are (and why), I'll gladly have a nice little conversation about it, assuming they give a damn.

I don't deny that "evangelical" atheists exist, and I won't pretend not to notice that the focus of their ire tends to be directed at Christians. I just don't think it's an interesting observation, that's all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
That looks like Hebrew, not Arabic.

I think you're right.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#45]
How many Muslims do you know, personally?

How many do you think those militant athiests know, personally, in order for them to make their 'attack'?

Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They are really tough on Christians, will attack them in any manner--by billboard, in the courts, online..... But I have never seen them "smart ass" with the Muslims. Are they simply cowards? Not wanting to live like Salaaman Rushdie for the rest of their lives?

If people want to be atheists, it's their business but I have noticed a certain number of them delight in confrontations with Christians but I certainly don't see that same ardor for pissing off Muslims-of which there are plenty in this world. You want to show how hardcore your beliefs are? Go put up a billboard or hold up some signs outside a Mosque.....in Pakistan...
View Quote

How is it my Parody thread gets locked and I get a warning because of the highlighted above for violation of COC?  Yet this thread gets a pass?  Not butthurt just asking .
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#47]
They are scared...Hardcore Christians will more than likely turn a cheek, hardcore Muslims will more than likely hunt you down and kill you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
How is it my Parody thread gets locked and I get a warning because of the highlighted above for violation of COC?  Yet this thread gets a pass?  Not butthurt just asking .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are really tough on Christians, will attack them in any manner--by billboard, in the courts, online..... But I have never seen them "smart ass" with the Muslims. Are they simply cowards? Not wanting to live like Salaaman Rushdie for the rest of their lives?

If people want to be atheists, it's their business but I have noticed a certain number of them delight in confrontations with Christians but I certainly don't see that same ardor for pissing off Muslims-of which there are plenty in this world. You want to show how hardcore your beliefs are? Go put up a billboard or hold up some signs outside a Mosque.....in Pakistan...

Two things, come to mind:

1. The mods can't be everywhere at once.

2. Atheism isn't a religion - ergo, it does not violate the CoC to refer to them collectively as "cowards". Similarly, it's perfectly fine to personally attack liberals as a group, but you can't do the same to an individual, if he's a member of the site.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Because what is the real motivation of confrontational atheists is the destruction of western civilization, not religion.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof that atheism isn't actually a religion, since it doesn't get the same protection as a religion?

I'm ok with that.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top