User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
we get random roaches from the neighbors... spiders can stay, they pay rent
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#2]
close to zero,we have house centipedes. their favorite prey are brown recluse but they eat all spiders.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#3]
All of them.

Except the ones that cant understand that I dont want any webs spun in doorways .....they get put outside .
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks to my cat, not many at all. They are one of his favorite toys and a snack all in one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Not enough.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Who knows; sure there are more than I see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sonofabitch.  We have Huntsman spiders in the states?  I thought those fucking things were only in Australia.  I'm moving to Canada.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Found this Huntsman on my dryer a few years ago. Those fuckers a big and fast.
<a href="http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/mattjargon/media/spidey_zps2c261e84.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee485/mattjargon/spidey_zps2c261e84.jpg</a>

Sonofabitch.  We have Huntsman spiders in the states?  I thought those fucking things were only in Australia.  I'm moving to Canada.

Nothing wrong with huntsman spiders.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL...I live in Florida.
It is pretty routine to see big wolf spiders, and/or large huntsman spiders in and around my house on a regular basis.... And GIGANTIC banana spiders outside at certain times of the year.
I usually just leave them be...or herd them outside.

At my uncle's transmission shop, there was a HUGE huntsman spider living in the office...if you chased her around, you could actually HEAR her footsteps when she ran across the wood paneling walls.

I called her "Fred".  (At the time I didn't know the difference between a male, and female huntsman).
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I seem to recall reading a fact that there's at least one spider, in a 6 foot radius around you at any time.

Unless you have a flamen werfer, that is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Theraphosa Blondi?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I also captured a black widow once, and put it in an aquarium with a screen over the top...I had it on my back porch.
She had an egg sac with her.
Little did I know, the baby spiders were smaller than the holes in the screen, and they all climbed out.
It was surreal...The babys all let out a short bit of web to catch the wind, and they floated off in the breeze, into the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm from Arizona,spiders are pretty damn low on the list of critters that worry me,Tarantulas are pretty awesome actually.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#14]
We have a bunch of them.  Wolfs, mostly; they get a free pass.
Harmless, won't bite unless you antagonize them; what's not to love?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I've only seen a 3 or 4 of these guys so far, dime to quarter sized:

Waiting for these to start showing up outside:

That's my old spiderbro, Boris. When he died, I doused his body with whisky and cremated it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I found a couple of jumping spiders this week.  They can stay as they earn their keep.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit, they love to climb into bed with humans to enjoy our warmth, and will bite if you move, especially if you pin them against the sheets. And their bite won't kill you, but it is fairly painful and lasts for weeks (there are lots of varieties of wolf spiders, of course). I've been bitten by them several times (lived in a house with many of them), but the worst was the one that bit me behind the ear. It effected my balance for several days, so the venom must have gotten into the inner ear. They are on my squish list.  

I recall one time that I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, and one ran across my chest. He didn't bite, but was still squished with extreme prejudice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/mattjargon/media/spidey_zps2c261e84.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee485/mattjargon/spidey_zps2c261e84.jpg</a>

Except for the whole part about being a fucking spider.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno.  Like you said, they are big and fast, and that's what creeps me out.

Gimme a small, slow spider anyday.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bullshit, they love to climb into bed with humans to enjoy our warmth, and will bite if you move, especially if you pin them against the sheets. And their bite won't kill you, but it is fairly painful and lasts for weeks (there are lots of varieties of wolf spiders, of course). I've been bitten by them several times (lived in a house with many of them), but the worst was the one that bit me behind the ear. It effected my balance for several days, so the venom must have gotten into the inner ear. They are on my squish list.  

I recall one time that I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, and one ran across my chest. He didn't bite, but was still squished with extreme prejudice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We must have different ideas of what a wolf spider is.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top