Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A felony conviction for peeing on a building???   Derp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-18-months-peeing-alamo-article-1.1757266

My sentence would involve a glass rod and a hammer.

A felony conviction for peeing on a building???   Derp

...it is/was a Shrine...a Mission...a Church... a lot of people died fighting for their freedom there...it's not just a "building"...go piss on the WTC and see what people say...this piece of trash got off easy...I'm sure he will enjoy his 1 1/2 yrs. with the homeboys...I see you are  from illinois and probably don't understand the concept of freedom.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So jail is excessive but crushing his skull isn't?
View Quote

As long as his judicial sentence wasn't a mandated skull crushing, and he happened to catch the back end of a drill-spec M14 while he was in the act, yeah, that's fine. I guess the important question is, where was a guard (or native Texan) to smack this guy around while he was peeing on the building?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It didn't take the dumbasses long to crap in this thread.

The Alamo is sacred ground to Texans and those who respect that fight for independence.  I am disappointed in some of the replies here that fail to respect that, but I am certainly not surprised.
View Quote

I don't think anyone is saying what he did is OK, only that the punishment is excessive.  One of the things I think most of us here value is the US Constitution.  The 8th amendment states: "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.".  I also find it hard to believe he caused 4k worth of damage.  I am OK with a 4k fine, but don't claim it is "restitution".
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-18-months-peeing-alamo-article-1.1757266

View Quote

Ozzy did it first.
I've been to the Alamo. I don't the love affair Texans have with it. Santa Ana won that battle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As long as his judicial sentence wasn't a mandated skull crushing, and he happened to catch the back end of a drill-spec M14 while he was in the act, yeah, that's fine. I guess the important question is, where was a guard (or native Texan) to smack this guy around while he was peeing on the building?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, as much as we love the Alamo, we don't stand around all day waiting for people to pee on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ozzy did it first.
I've been to the Alamo. I don't the love affair Texans have with it. Santa Ana won that battle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ozzy did it first.

The Spartans lost at Thermopylae too, it's the same concept.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Texans.  The first Yankees that moved south and made it like home.
View Quote

Now you've gone and done it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have an issue with the punishment.  Don't go urinating on places that have symbolic meaning to other people.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Same to you, I think if we were to do this face to face and not in writing in GD we would be a lot closer in our thinking. This medium leaves a lot to be desired as far as conversations go. Happy Easter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree...I hope no state ever goes blue.

However, it is disingenuous to say that "I've never done that" and then ask why Texans thump so loudly on the board or ask why we're so vocal. It's tiresome.  You've never done it, but this board seems to delight in telling us how we're doing things wrong, how we're going blue and frankly it comes moreso from the blue states.  Texans aren't liked because we seem to have an overt pride in our state.  Mostly, we're not saying your state is worse, we're just saying we love our state.  I can understand, if my state was blue, I would lose pride in my home.  Also, Texans can be assholes.

To address your orange point, we never asked anyone to accept our history.  If you're not going to accept our history, then you don't really get to comment on it and why his deeds were so egregious.  That's the point.  Granted you've had posters calling for death, which is silly, but you can't just say "it's some building".  The simile has already been provided, but if someone urinated on Lexington Green, half the board would be on here calling for the same punishments, which would also be silly.

I'm going to go fire up my grill, play with my daughter in the yard and have some real beer...not Shiner Bock...I hope you have a good weekend.

Same to you, I think if we were to do this face to face and not in writing in GD we would be a lot closer in our thinking. This medium leaves a lot to be desired as far as conversations go. Happy Easter

I suspect you're probably right.  Have a happy Easter brother.  

He is risen...and I believe he has

Let's see if we can't get this thread all kinds of sideways.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#10]
a couple more years and the libs will make it shrine to the mexicans that lost their lives there
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Germany does not teach the Holocaust  in order to actively hide it.   Nothing to be embarrassed about down here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What folks from other states don't get is that Texas history is mandated in high school.  I'd been to all four major battle sites by the time I was a senior. You can come up with the CT/VA/NY version of history  if you like, but  everyone here knows the truth.  

BTW.  I had ancestors massacred at Goliad and there are entire towns here named for  heroes in that war.   (Both Mexican and white)   Pissboy is lucky to still have two unbroken arms.

Not to take away from your education, because I think that is awesome . .

But they do not teach the Holocaust in Germany. And in British history, we are not the saviors of WWII. Just some food for thought . .

Even as a CT'er, I got the goosebumps when I put my hand on the Alamo's walls. I'd have some choice words for the pisser, myself, and would be fighting myself to hold back some primal urges.

Germany does not teach the Holocaust  in order to actively hide it.   Nothing to be embarrassed about down here.

They do teach it, in great detail.  My German coworker said in HS, they basically dropped all other subjects for either a semester or a year, I don't recall which he said.  Germans probably are better educated about it than any other nationality.  The Japanese on the other hand...not so much.  

Not to side track, but Germans and Austrians are reasonable and decent people.  I think the fact that the Holocaust happened there tells us we should all be concerned about it recurring were we live so that nothing like it happens again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Pee for Houston, pee for Austin.
Pee for the state my heart got lost in.

And shake twice for Texas.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

. I know I've heard that somewhere.  What is it from?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#15]
He wouldnt of gotten caught, if he had just peed in the basement of the alamo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone is saying what he did is OK, only that the punishment is excessive.  One of the things I think most of us here value is the US Constitution.  The 8th amendment states: "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.".  I also find it hard to believe he caused 4k worth of damage.  I am OK with a 4k fine, but don't claim it is "restitution".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It didn't take the dumbasses long to crap in this thread.

The Alamo is sacred ground to Texans and those who respect that fight for independence.  I am disappointed in some of the replies here that fail to respect that, but I am certainly not surprised.

But everything is bigger in Texas, and Texas gets special treatment with flags, and treaties, etc.,

I guess them boys in Baja Oklahoma haven't got the word that they really aren't that special and neither is Texas.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You know, as much as we love the Alamo, we don't stand around all day waiting for people to pee on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well obviously somebody should

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This.

ETA: Why should we remember the Alamo, they lost, remember?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Piss does $4k of damage to the Alamo?

Maybe the Mexicans should have all pissed on it during the first two assaults, might have got it done quicker

This.

ETA: Why should we remember the Alamo, they lost, remember?

For the same reason we remember Pearl Harbor.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ozzy did it first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ozzy did it first.

So it's ok to piss on the Lexington and Concord battlegrounds because the British won?
Ok to shit on the USS Arizona because the Japanese won that battle?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Forgive Texas for expecting it's citizenry to behave like civilized human beings. Maybe urinating in public and waving your junk around is ok in New Orleans or New York or Portland but in Texas we know how to keep our cities and country side clean and safe without having to make everyone wear a dick-lock that looks like a torture device from the middle ages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 months, for that?

Perhaps he should move to a free state upon release.
Pissing in public in Texas is indecent exposure...can be a felony...and is a sex crime. Not only do you get a fine and possibly jail time...you get to be on the sex offender roles.

Pissing on the Alamo is over the top. I'll bet he gets his ass beat multiple times over that one.

urinating is a sex crime

wow

bravo, texas

you must be very proud

make sure you keep your tongue extended at all times so you lick the government's boots clean at a moment's notice

Forgive Texas for expecting it's citizenry to behave like civilized human beings. Maybe urinating in public and waving your junk around is ok in New Orleans or New York or Portland but in Texas we know how to keep our cities and country side clean and safe without having to make everyone wear a dick-lock that looks like a torture device from the middle ages.

Did you steal that quote from the Tenaha, TX DA?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Well thats a big bag of retarded shit all around. Whoever wrote that garbage of an article should know that the building isn't 250 years old. It was completely destroyed in 1836 and then rebuildt in 1850. It's not even the real mission just a rebuilt scam of a tourist trap.

Guy was a jackass to pee on it and deserves the appropriate punishment.  But to sentence him to 18 months in jail How about we do what we do for any other person convicted of urinating in public?

And $4,000 in restitution. There is no way he managed to do any monitary damage by taking a piss on the exterior of the building. $.05 of water and $3 for the 5 minutes it took a worker to get a hose and wash it off.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ozzy did it first.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ozzy did it first.

The deaths of 189 Texians delayed the Mexican army's N/NE progress, setting the stage for the Battle of San Jacinto, where Santa Ana was captured.  As a term of his release, a new Mexico/Texas boundary was established which in effect secured what is roughly 1/3 the current land area of the United States from Mexican control.  I guess Idaho was redcoat territory at that time.....

Santa Ana surrendering to General Sam Houston after the Battle of San Jac.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't piss off Texas!
View Quote

Lol please
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top