Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From the NYT article.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why this guy has such a hard on for guns - it's insane.  There's obviously more to it because people like Bloomberg don't really care about safety for the people.  If they did they'd have groups against mental illness and corruption.

From the NYT article.  
But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Yeah, except for the future holocausts/genocides you'll be responsible for.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck with Texas
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Mayors Against Illegal Guns has pretty much failed on it's own, let him spend the money, it's great for the economy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Mayors Against Illegal Guns has pretty much failed on it's own, let him spend the money, it's great for the economy.
View Quote
Think about that unintended consequence!

What of all of the support personnel for all of the goods and services he will use? I wonder what percentage of them will use their personal paychecks, provided to their employer by money from Bloomy, to buy guns, ammo, and NRA memberships.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm still hoping he gets arrested in some backwater county in the south for carrying an illegal weapon, then thrown in some county jail never to be heard from again.

View Quote

He doesn't carry - it would be beneath him to dirty his hands ensuring his own safety, and his ex-NYPD bodyguards are covered by LEOSA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What of all of the support personnel for all of the goods and services he will use? I wonder what percentage of them will use their personal paychecks, provided to their employer by money from Bloomy, to buy guns, ammo, and NRA memberships.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's possible
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None.  The anti-gunners are a grass roots organization, and the NRA is nothing but the rich gun lobby headed by evil billionairs.  Don't you watch the news?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
what's so special about moms?

why don't NRA start something like "Dad's for free America"?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I think he can get Air America Radio cheap.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

He says 80-90% of Americans agree with him...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He says 80-90% of Americans agree with him...

Serious questions...where do they even get those numbers?  From the polls I have seen, the number of democrats that support gun control isn't even that high.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Make sure it goes to the NRA ILA. For some reason a lot of people don't know that. (Not saying you don't in particular).

Also obligatory Fuck Bloomberg.

Can we get another money bomb thread going with more images like these?

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/774329_10151201089770899_649190656_o_zpsa6f28606.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/775032_10151201060330899_243091737_o_zps6ff72c1f.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/775114_10151201048785899_1994579400_o_zps2a2019eb.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will be cutting the NRA a check payday.   And I am an Endowment member.

Make sure it goes to the NRA ILA. For some reason a lot of people don't know that. (Not saying you don't in particular).

Also obligatory Fuck Bloomberg.

Can we get another money bomb thread going with more images like these?

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/774329_10151201089770899_649190656_o_zpsa6f28606.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/775032_10151201060330899_243091737_o_zps6ff72c1f.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/775114_10151201048785899_1994579400_o_zps2a2019eb.jpg

This, FTMFW. Someone start a thread, I'd be willing to shop some new images for it
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Why only 50 million? Why not spend a billion or 2 if he is so passionate? The result will be the same...fail.
If you add up all the anti-gun messages, comments, airtime and biased stories from politicians and our media in the past year it would probably be billions spent in anti-gun propaganda already. What do they have to show for their unprecedented effort? Dems about to run for their political lives in the midterms.
He can pretend to be relevant by pissing 50 million away, it won't matter. Wait and see how much an impact he and his twisted cronies make this Nov .

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I could use a few thousand of his dollars for gun control, those training classes aren't free ya know.  

He should sponsor Travis Haley, Mike Lamb, Costa, Vickers, and all those guys.  Then we'd really have some gun control.

We'd all be awesome, controlling those guns for real.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#15]
What a pathetic and evil person. If I had a billion dollars, I'd spend my time enjoying it and traveling the world, not spend it trying to force people to bend to my will.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ARFcom makes some BS gun control group + we all play along + we ask for his donation = profit??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It should be pretty easy to troll this douche.  

Maybe I should form a group called "End Gun Violence NOW!"  or some such.

Of course, my idea for the best way to end gun violence involves a reticle....  

ARFcom makes some BS gun control group + we all play along + we ask for his donation = profit??

Splendid idea.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#18]

We can beat this asshole at his own game. 200+ million gun owners putting in money to the NRA could make this douchbag go broke.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#19]
We should start an anti-gun organization so that we can try and get donations from Bloomberg to run our organization, then donate the money to the NRA.

I'm being serious.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I would enjoy beating him into a coma
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Well fuck him. Guess I'm donating some coin to the ILA and SAF. Our side has 5+ million members. He has no idea the force he is fucking with. A few more good supreme court victories and it won't matter what he thinks. NY and CT overstepped, and set us up perfectly for a slam dunk. Only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#24]
http://www.caintv.com/obama-orders-cdc-gun-violence

Obama' CDC gun study didn't produce good anti fodder.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I know he's serious.. But, he can't be serious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Doesnt he have anything better to do?

I mean the guy is worth billions. Cant he go collect art, sit on the beach at his house in the Carribian, go to  broadway shows or insert increasingly larger items into his rectum?

Dude needs a better hobby then pestering us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Its board of advisers is bipartisan and big-name, including former Pennsylvania governor Tom Ridge (R), who served as Homeland Security secretary under George W. Bush, former Joint Chiefs chairman Michael Mullen, and mega-investor Warren Buffet.

Interesting bed fellows.
View Quote

As in the case of Lelnad (sic) Yee, what do these people stand to gain monetarily by the passage of stricter gun laws?

Follow the money. It's ALWAYS about the money, regardless of what's spewing out of their pie holes at the moment.

Perhaps an interesting fact or two can be turned up along the way. And subsequently be used to break their backs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Doesnt he have anything better to do?

I mean the guy is worth billions. Cant he go collect art, sit on the beach at his house in the Carribian, go to  broadway shows or insert increasingly larger items into his rectum?

Dude needs a better hobby then pestering us.
View Quote

He's earning his way into heaven.  Hard work for the rich
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What is going to be interesting is to see if he actually brings a new strategy to his gun control campaign. There has been more political chatter about mental health than there has been about legislating guns away from the good guys. There has also been an increase in the review of the databases that feed the background check machines.

In the past, the focus has been on keeping guns out of the hands of the good guys. More evidence comes every day that the bad guys that are inflicting the pain on our society would not have been stopped by any current or increased controls on the good guys. More and more evidence comes to light that the bad guys go after soft targets and get their guns through other means. More evidence is also being put together that the key to controlling these bad guys is FAST intervention from the good guys. Seems like a bad gun-control arguement to contiinue to push for restrictions on the good guys. It's not gone well for this in MOST areas of the country.

My concern is that they could change tactics and focus of identifying, tracking and controlling those with mental illnesses. One option to argue is for the classifying of these folks as " mental risks" and flagged in background check databases. THIS WOULD BE A HUGE CHANGE IN DIRECTION FROM THE PRO GUN CONTROL LOBBY. If they go this route, they face an uphill battle of biblical proportion. This would mean the removal of DR/patient confidentiality and the removal of HIPAA regulations regarding the access to patient records.

I really think that Bloomberg and the other pro-gun idiots don't have any clue as to the real issues they face.

My support for the NRA has never been stronger. (A long term BENEFACTOR LIFE member at your service)
View Quote

Electronic medical records will give them all the info they need to keep people from owning or buying guns.

Get a prescription for some pain killer that has a side effect of depression and no gun for you. Things like this are really going to work in the anti gun crowds favor.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top